Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fist_of_Mandalore
Ares vs X-men(Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine, NightCrawler, X-23, Colossus, Beast(simian form). 

Rules

-Ares has his adamantium axe 
-Emma Frost may not use telepathy, only diamond form
-Beast is in his simian form 
-Colossus can be cut by the axe
-All characters are fighting how they normally would 
-Morals are on 
-Neither side has prep 

*Fight takes place here, below. None populated 
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MarvelJackAss433

so just the three x-men?

RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RLAAMJR

There's just a lot of them and Cyclops is a good leader. So during the battle, the team definitely has a lot of opportunities to beat him down.

First thing is , Cyclops has to keep an eye on the axe just in case Ares throws it at any of the x-men, or perhaps just blast it off of Ares hands. Cyclops also keeps Ares in a distance, or at least delay Ares pacing.

Meanwhile, Wolvie and Beast behind Emma  runs towards Ares while Nightcrawler teleports x-23 and Colossus behind Ares.

The X-Men will win.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fist_of_Mandalore
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
" so just the three x-men? "
They are all current or former X-men. So, no, its not just three.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fist_of_Mandalore
@RLAAMJR said:
" There's just a lot of them and Cyclops is a good leader. So during the battle, the team definitely has a lot of opportunities to beat him down.  First thing is , Cyclops has to keep an eye on the axe just in case Ares throws it at any of the x-men, or perhaps just blast it off of Ares hands. Cyclops also keeps Ares in a distance, or at least delay Ares pacing.  Meanwhile, Wolvie and Beast behind Emma  runs towards Ares while Nightcrawler teleports x-23 and Colossus behind Ares.  The X-Men will win. "
The end there you say that all these people run behind Ares, and then you jump right to, X-men win. I'm confused, what exactly are those people doing after they get behind him? Do they poke him and say tag you're it? Or are they going to do something to him, because(and I mean no offense) I'm not seeing how they win based on your theory.
RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RLAAMJR
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:

" @RLAAMJR said:

" There's just a lot of them and Cyclops is a good leader. So during the battle, the team definitely has a lot of opportunities to beat him down.  First thing is , Cyclops has to keep an eye on the axe just in case Ares throws it at any of the x-men, or perhaps just blast it off of Ares hands. Cyclops also keeps Ares in a distance, or at least delay Ares pacing.  Meanwhile, Wolvie and Beast behind Emma  runs towards Ares while Nightcrawler teleports x-23 and Colossus behind Ares.  The X-Men will win. "
The end there you say that all these people run behind Ares, and then you jump right to, X-men win. I'm confused, what exactly are those people doing after they get behind him? Do they poke him and say tag you're it? Or are they going to do something to him, because(and I mean no offense) I'm not seeing how they win based on your theory. "
Well, there's always sharp claws for Wolverine and X-23. Besides, there are vulnerable parts of Ares, like the eyes and ears. and I believe that Colossus is stronger than Ares
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fist_of_Mandalore
@RLAAMJR:
Ares isn't going to just let them go behind and stab him to death. 

Ares durability can witstand a nuke. 

Ares has a healing factor that puts Wolverine's to shame. 

Colossus and Ares are both 70 ton class. Although Ares' feats put him in 100ton class. 

I don't think the plan is going to work.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By HellionVulcan

Colossus wolverine & x-23 are the only one in this fight as emma frost won't do athing cyclops can't do anything either as ares has taken punches from Hercules & thor & in his minis series ares can take alot more damage then colossus could ever dream of but i'm guessing it comes down to wolverine & Ares & in origins ares one punched ko'd wolverine ,so unless they're prepared they got owned badly .

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Greendevil

I really want to say Ares, but the mutants win. Ares would win if it was Logan and Peter, or Hank and Kurt, but not when all of them are there. 

I see Colossus, Frost and Beast pinning him down so Wolvie and his kid decapitate him. Cycklops and nightcrawler dont need to do shit!
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mavfan626

I don't know if Ares can be cut by adamantium but if he can X-23 would have the speed and reflexes to take him down. If not he would beat in whole team.      

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AMS

I dunno i'm slightly leaning to Ares on this one, but I will have to think it over.

Can't forget what he did to Nate Grey though and other recent feats, impressive feats racked up in a very short amount of time for a former jobber. Still very impressive none the less though.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Greendevil said:
" I really want to say Ares, but the mutants win. Ares would win if it was Logan and Peter, or Hank and Kurt, but not when all of them are there.  I see Colossus, Frost and Beast pinning him down so Wolvie and his kid decapitate him. Cycklops and nightcrawler dont need to do shit! "
They aren't strong enough to pin him down. While Ares is labeled at 70 tons. His feats, like wrestling with Hercules put him above the 100 ton mark.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By czarny_samael666

Colossus is much stronger than Ares.  And even if he can be cut, he won't be an easy opponent by himself.

Ares has no chance. I personally think that when Wolvie will sense him, Cyke will solo this.

svtballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By svtballa

xmen eassily in my opinon...WWH slapped this group of xmen around fairly easy..and WWH beat ares in what one punch?  do the math..like stated above wolvie would sense ares and cyke would blast him...ares drops axe the he is bull rushed and beaten to a pulp..

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thor's hammmer

ares the ancient wargod slaughters them
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With morals on, Ares wins easily 

With morals off, Cyclops or Nightcrawler could solo

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Matezoide2

Colossus solos
Cyclops solos

Colossus can just take a car and slam Ares with it,the car is big enough to keep Colossus out of Ares's reach and it can hit him with enough strength to knock the axe of his hand and even KO Ares

Cyclops has injured the likes of WWH with his visor on

assuming Ares kills Colossus (wich wont happen) Cyclops will just take off his visor and blast the hell out of Ares

SteveRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SteveRodgers

epic battle but i think the X men take this one.

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also think the x-men will win
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC

Wolverine fights Hulk. I think the X-Men have the teamwork, intelligence, power and multiple adamantium claws to take down Ares.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael said:
" Colossus is much stronger than Ares.  And even if he can be cut, he won't be an easy opponent by himself.  Ares has no chance. I personally think that when Wolvie will sense him, Cyke will solo this. "
Cyclops can not solo. Especially when he is in character. 

Both Ares and Colossus are 70 tons. Except Ares feats put him over 100. So Colossus is not stronger. @PrinceIMC said:
" Wolverine fights Hulk. I think the X-Men have the teamwork, intelligence, power and multiple adamantium claws to take down Ares. "
PIS@Matezoide said:
" Colossus solos Cyclops solos  Colossus can just take a car and slam Ares with it,the car is big enough to keep Colossus out of Ares's reach and it can hit him with enough strength to knock the axe of his hand and even KO Ares  Cyclops has injured the likes of WWH with his visor on  assuming Ares kills Colossus (wich wont happen) Cyclops will just take off his visor and blast the hell out of Ares "
Cyclops can not solo. Especially when he is in character. He will not take off his visor.

Colossus can not solo. And a car is not going to keep Ares down.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @RLAAMJR: Ares isn't going to just let them go behind and stab him to death.  Ares durability can witstand a nuke.  Ares has a healing factor that puts Wolverine's to shame.  Colossus and Ares are both 70 ton class. Although Ares' feats put him in 100ton class.  I don't think the plan is going to work. "
Ares didn't withstand a nuclear anything. 
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @RLAAMJR: Ares isn't going to just let them go behind and stab him to death.  Ares durability can witstand a nuke.  Ares has a healing factor that puts Wolverine's to shame.  Colossus and Ares are both 70 ton class. Although Ares' feats put him in 100ton class.  I don't think the plan is going to work. "
Ares didn't withstand a nuclear anything.  "

No Caption Provided
Looks like it to me. Looks like a nuke and he is clearly shown riding right to the ground withstanding the full blast.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Matezoide2
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:

" @czarny_samael said:

" Colossus is much stronger than Ares.  And even if he can be cut, he won't be an easy opponent by himself.  Ares has no chance. I personally think that when Wolvie will sense him, Cyke will solo this. "

Both Ares and Colossus are 70 tons. Except Ares feats put him over 100. So Colossus is not stronger.  @PrinceIMC said:
" Wolverine fights Hulk. I think the X-Men have the teamwork, intelligence, power and multiple adamantium claws to take down Ares. "
PIS @Matezoide said:
" Colossus solos Cyclops solos  Colossus can just take a car and slam Ares with it,the car is big enough to keep Colossus out of Ares's reach and it can hit him with enough strength to knock the axe of his hand and even KO Ares  Cyclops has injured the likes of WWH with his visor on  assuming Ares kills Colossus (wich wont happen) Cyclops will just take off his visor and blast the hell out of Ares "
Cyclops can not solo. Especially when he is in character. He will not take off his visor. Colossus can not solo. And a car is not going to keep Ares down. "
Colossus is class 100,Ares is not 
what feats does Ares haves that puts him over 100? fighting Thor while amped? fighting Hercules when he got one-shotted by him 1-2 issues earlier?
Cyclops injured WWH while in characther,Ares isnt even close to WWH ,he will take off his visor if Ares kills Colossus
a car will keep Ares down if it is being used by a guy that is massively stronger

@Lance Uppercut said:

and this
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Fist_of_Mandalore: Looks like you have no idea what kind of damage a nuke can actually do.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Matezoide2
@Lance Uppercut said:

" @Fist_of_Mandalore: Looks like you have no idea what kind of damage a nuke can actually do. "

and it is never stated Ares is riding a nuke (IIRC)
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By kheranlord12
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Greendevil said:
" I really want to say Ares, but the mutants win. Ares would win if it was Logan and Peter, or Hank and Kurt, but not when all of them are there.  I see Colossus, Frost and Beast pinning him down so Wolvie and his kid decapitate him. Cycklops and nightcrawler dont need to do shit! "
They aren't strong enough to pin him down. While Ares is labeled at 70 tons. His feats, like wrestling with Hercules put him above the 100 ton mark. "
what feats that Ares have that put him in class 100
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Matezoide said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @Fist_of_Mandalore: Looks like you have no idea what kind of damage a nuke can actually do. "

and it is never stated Ares is riding a nuke (IIRC) "
It's not. He's trying to make an argument based on the art, but even the art doesn't properly prove that it's a nuke, given the explosion. 
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut said:
So the artist drew a nuclear explosion incorrect and I don't know what I'm talking about when it clearly is a nuke? 

Looks like someone doesn't like Ares.@Matezoide said:

" @czarny_samael said:

Both Ares and Colossus are 70 tons. Except Ares feats put him over 100. So Colossus is not stronger.  @PrinceIMC said:
PIS @Matezoide said:
Cyclops can not solo. Especially when he is in character. He will not take off his visor. Colossus can not solo. And a car is not going to keep Ares down. "
Colossus is class 100,Ares is not 
what feats does Ares haves that puts him over 100? fighting Thor while amped? fighting Hercules when he got one-shotted by him 1-2 issues earlier?
Cyclops injured WWH while in characther,Ares isnt even close to WWH ,he will take off his visor if Ares kills Colossus
a car will keep Ares down if it is being used by a guy that is massively stronger

What feats does he have that suggest 100 class? Hmmmmm, H2H wrestling match with Hercules(100 class) and winning, standing toe to toe with Skaar(100 class), manhandling A-bomb(100 class).  

Cyclops will not take off his visor. He is in character and morals apply. So that isn't an option to win. 

Do you have scans of Cyclops injuring WWHulk? Because I'm calling PIS. WWHulk went against a full blown Sentry and it destroyed and entire city and yet Cyclops is going to cause him pain? No.(It happened), but its PIS. 

Yeah, Hercules beat Ares. And Ares has beaten him. 

And even if Ares wasn't strong enough to take Colossus. He is still a superior fighter and the axe can cut him.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Matezoide2
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

It's not. He's trying to make an argument based on the art, but even the art doesn't properly prove that it's a nuke, given the explosion.  "
the art is basicaly screaming ''it is not a nuke!'' but he's clearly ignoring it
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlord1234 said:
" @Greendevil said:
They aren't strong enough to pin him down. While Ares is labeled at 70 tons. His feats, like wrestling with Hercules put him above the 100 ton mark. "
what feats that Ares have that put him in class 100 "
Already said them to Matezoide.
@Matezoide said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

It's not. He's trying to make an argument based on the art, but even the art doesn't properly prove that it's a nuke, given the explosion.  "
the art is basicaly screaming ''it is not a nuke!'' but he's clearly ignoring it "
That is what a nuke looks like. You are ignoring the feat of durability.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

No Caption Provided
Looks like it to me. Looks like a nuke and he is clearly shown riding right to the ground withstanding the full blast. "

Looks like a plain old bomb to me and that's not a nuclear blast its just an explosion.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
So the artist drew a nuclear explosion incorrect and I don't know what I'm talking about when it clearly is a nuke? 

Looks like someone doesn't like Ares.
"
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

You can keep trying to justify this any way you'd like. But you're making unsubstantiated claims based on the bomb was drawn.... when your ignoring other portions of the art. Nice. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Matezoide2
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
What feats does he have that suggest 100 class? Hmmmmm, H2H wrestling match with Hercules(100 class) and winning, standing toe to toe with Skaar(100 class), manhandling A-bomb(100 class).   Cyclops will not take off his visor. He is in character and morals apply. So that isn't an option to win.  Do you have scans of Cyclops injuring WWHulk? Because I'm calling PIS. WWHulk went against a full blown Sentry and it destroyed and entire city and yet Cyclops is going to cause him pain? No.(It happened), but its PIS.  Yeah, Hercules beat Ares. And Ares has beaten him.  And even if Ares wasn't strong enough to take Colossus. He is still a superior fighter and the axe can cut him. "
wrestling Hercules when he got one-shotted in the past and required a major upgrade to hold his own against Thor?
he didnt go toe-to-toe with Skaar,he just didnt get slaughtered,they never traded blows (IIRC)
taking down A-Bomb? the same A-Bomb that took blows from the Red Hulk that produced earthquakes and shrugged then? you really believe Ares can do more damage than Red-Hulk?
He is in characther,but when he sees a friend of his getting killed,he will say ''f*ck it'' and unleash against him,thats not off-characther
Dont have scans,Scott simply unleashed all his power (wich you are underestimating) and injured WWH a bit,he fighting Sentry doesnt means much,WWH was severely injured by Sentry's powers,he just healed

Hercules one-shotted Ares,defeated him 1-2 issues later,had the upper-hand against him in an Avengers issue and broke his leg in another instance,Ares cant compare to him

So? what was the last time Ares showed his ''amazing'' skills? not like this matters,a car is longer than an axe and Colossus's arms are bigger than Ares,he can easly smash him with a car until Ares is down while staying out of his reach
having Emma,Wolverine (who can injure Ares),X-23 (who can also injure Ares),Beast (way faster than Ares) and Cyclops blasting him helps as well
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Matezoide2
@Fist_of_Mandalore: 
still way below a nuke
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AMS

Fist_of_Mandalore  

I'm going to give you a little bit of advice here, use the Nate Grey v Ares in Dark X Men fight to your advantage....   
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
The fact that other normal people with no special resistances are parachuting into the area where the explosion went off proves its not a nuke. They would have been fried in the air.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Matezoide2
@PrinceIMC said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
The fact that other normal people with no special resistances are parachuting into the area where the explosion went off proves its not a nuke. They would have been fried in the air. "
heck,just looking at the explosion size is enough to tell it is not a nuke
Sarpio__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sarpio__

I don't understand.. If the X-men are going to hurt them selves whilst punching Ares, isn't this spite? ;p

Avatar image for weapon_x_badazz
weapon x badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By weapon x badazz

X-Men take this as they have the brawn, brains and vast experience of fighting together. While not an easy opponent he maybe hes coming up against a well organised and tough group of people who will work tactically to take him down. Colossus is a handful alone if not a major problem
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceIMC: Looks like a nuke to me.@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

"
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  You can keep trying to justify this any way you'd like. But you're making unsubstantiated claims based on the bomb was drawn.... when your ignoring other portions of the art. Nice.  "
Okay. I posted a scan of the explosion. Looks pretty large to me. Can we get the actual radius of the blast, no. We can only judge. My opinion is that it is a nuke. The picture of the bomb clearly looks like a nuke. So, IMO, its a nuke. 

I'm not ignoring the art, you are. It show a nuke, that is what a nuke looks like(although its not an exact replica obviously). 

But I'm honestly not getting into a fight or argument over one little scan. If you don't like the scan or don't feel its a nuke, then fine, I respect your decision, but I'm not getting in to some slugfest(wordfest) over a scan. It is what it is.
@Matezoide
said:
What feats does he have that suggest 100 class? Hmmmmm, H2H wrestling match with Hercules(100 class) and winning, standing toe to toe with Skaar(100 class), manhandling A-bomb(100 class).   Cyclops will not take off his visor. He is in character and morals apply. So that isn't an option to win.  Do you have scans of Cyclops injuring WWHulk? Because I'm calling PIS. WWHulk went against a full blown Sentry and it destroyed and entire city and yet Cyclops is going to cause him pain? No.(It happened), but its PIS.  Yeah, Hercules beat Ares. And Ares has beaten him.  And even if Ares wasn't strong enough to take Colossus. He is still a superior fighter and the axe can cut him. "
wrestling Hercules when he got one-shotted in the past and required a major upgrade to hold his own against Thor? he didnt go toe-to-toe with Skaar,he just didnt get slaughtered,they never traded blows (IIRC) taking down A-Bomb? the same A-Bomb that took blows from the Red Hulk that produced earthquakes and shrugged then? you really believe Ares can do more damage than Red-Hulk? He is in characther,but when he sees a friend of his getting killed,he will say ''f*ck it'' and unleash against him,thats not off-characther Dont have scans,Scott simply unleashed all his power (wich you are underestimating) and injured WWH a bit,he fighting Sentry doesnt means much,WWH was severely injured by Sentry's powers,he just healed  Hercules one-shotted Ares,defeated him 1-2 issues later,had the upper-hand against him in an Avengers issue and broke his leg in another instance,Ares cant compare to him  So? what was the last time Ares showed his ''amazing'' skills? not like this matters,a car is longer than an axe and Colossus's arms are bigger than Ares,he can easly smash him with a car until Ares is down while staying out of his reach having Emma,Wolverine (who can injure Ares),X-23 (who can also injure Ares),Beast (way faster than Ares) and Cyclops blasting him helps as well "
The upgrade against Thor was Classic Thor, so its irrelevant for the fight because its also Classic Ares. 

They did trade blows. I'll provide scans if you wish. It was a brief fight, but still. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
And Ares shows his skill a lot when he fights some of the people he does. Him fighting Hercules would suggest strength, but I believe(and its just my opinion) that he gets the upperhand on characters such as Skaar and A-bomb(who, based on bios, significantly outclass him in strength) because he is a superior fighter, but as I said its just my opinion.

Hercules broke Ares leg thanks to Athena. And, yes, I know Hercules has beaten Ares has also beaten him. And he did it by wrestling him. They were evenly match. Clearly matching Hercules strength. And as you know Hercules is much above 100 tons.  

Yup, that same A-bomb. Here are the scans.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Keep dreaming.

@Fist_of_Mandalore
said:
" @PrinceIMC: Looks like a nuke to me.@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

"
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  You can keep trying to justify this any way you'd like. But you're making unsubstantiated claims based on the bomb was drawn.... when your ignoring other portions of the art. Nice.  "
Okay. I posted a scan of the explosion. Looks pretty large to me. Can we get the actual radius of the blast, no. We can only judge. My opinion is that it is a nuke. The picture of the bomb clearly looks like a nuke. So, IMO, its a nuke. 

I'm not ignoring the art, you are. It show a nuke, that is what a nuke looks like(although its not an exact replica obviously). 

But I'm honestly not getting into a fight or argument over one little scan. If you don't like the scan or don't feel its a nuke, then fine, I respect your decision, but I'm not getting in to some slugfest(wordfest) over a scan. It is what it is.
@Matezoide
said:

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Matezoide said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
The fact that other normal people with no special resistances are parachuting into the area where the explosion went off proves its not a nuke. They would have been fried in the air. "
heck,just looking at the explosion size is enough to tell it is not a nuke "
To Prince: I could accept that if it weren't for the fact its a comic. Dumb stuff happens all the time. Not too mention they are shown above the explosion not inside it. 

To Matezoide: Art changes based on artist. Look at the scans I just gave you for instance. Ares' axe looks really different in both, but that doesn't mean its not Ares' axe, its just what artist do. Now, maybe its not a nuke, but you can't really say its not because the explosion looks small in the picture, it doesn't really prove, but at the same time I can't really say that it is a nuke because it looks like one, maybe the artist was just going for a regular bomb.
Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Greendevil
@Fist_of_Mandalore: 

Dude Colossus is stronger than Ares unfortunately. And with help from Beast and Frost he can hold him for a short while, and thats all the time Logan needs. Sorry bro X-men has his number. With Kurt and Scott it would be Stomp!!!! Marvel should give Ares a upgrade when comes back. 70 Tons for the God of war is just ridiculous!!!
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AMS said:
"
Fist_of_Mandalore   I'm going to give you a little bit of advice here, use the Nate Grey v Ares in Dark X Men fight to your advantage....    "
Unfortunately I have never seen this and don't have the comic or scans. Would happen to be able to give them to me.
@Matezoide said:

" @PrinceIMC said:

"
No Caption Provided
"
heck,just looking at the explosion size is enough to tell it is not a nuke "
To Prince: I could accept that if it weren't for the fact its a comic. Dumb stuff happens all the time. Not too mention they are shown above the explosion not inside it. 

To Matezoide: Art changes based on artist. Look at the scans I just gave you for instance. Ares' axe looks really different in both, but that doesn't mean its not Ares' axe, its just what artist do. Now, maybe its not a nuke, but you can't really say its not because the explosion looks small in the picture, it doesn't really prove, but at the same time I can't really say that it is a nuke because it looks like one, maybe the artist was just going for a regular bomb.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting off for a little. I will be back and respond to the rest of your messages.

@Greendevil
said:

" @Fist_of_Mandalore:  Dude Colossus is stronger than Ares unfortunately. And with help from Beast and Frost he can hold him for a short while, and thats all the time Logan needs. Sorry bro X-men has his number. With Kurt and Scott it would be Stomp!!!! Marvel should give Ares a upgrade when comes back. 70 Tons for the God of war is just ridiculous!!! "

I never said the X-men can't win. I'm not even defending Ares saying that they can't win. I'm saying that Colossus or Cyclops can't solo. Thats what I am defending.  

@Lance Uppercut:
 Real life explosion, doesn't necessarily = a drawn explosion. Read what I said to Matezoide about art, other than that, as I said I'm done discussing the scan. No need for argument. I'm simply focusing on proving that Colossus and Cyclops can't solo, thats all I'm even trying to prove. Not that Ares wins because of his durability.
Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lokheit

The fight agaisnt Skaar doesn't proves Ares having any array of super strength, the fight agains A-Bomb only proves enoguh strenght to hold his body, not to push towards him with him pushing too. 

Cyclops in character made an assassin squad to hunt the enemies of mutantkind. Cyclops in character killed Donald Pierce. Cyclops in character opened Mr. Sinister chest with a blast. 

Kill one of Scotty's friends and he will blast you to death. Plus he is a leader and feels on charge of everything, so the rage on him would be incredible.  His blasts can destroy mountains and even small planets as has been stated on comic. 

I'm a huge Ares fan. I really like him, I think he was the best character of dark reign (he appeared on nearly more comics than Norman during this saga). But please, for the sake of a character I really like, don't fall on fanboyism like what happened with storm fanboys, he could defeat Cyclops alone, but not this entire team acting as an united squad (and there aren't many teams that can act as an squad as this one does). It only took one (empowered) x-woman to take Ares down during Utopia. He is facing here adamantium claws on two regenerative opponents, diamond punches and 100 class super-strenght plus probably the best in-combat teleporter of Marvel, Cyclops who is a top3 strategist  (with Fury and Rogers, maybe top1)  and has his blasts, one of the most powerful ofensive powers on a mutant (according to sinister, all the summers are gifted with some of the most powerful x-genes), and one of the best science men of Marvel, and this one can jump and hit. 

He has an adamantium axe? Nightcrawler can take it from him, teleport back and give it to Colossus or even Beast who surely can wield it. Then while the 2 girls distract him, Colossus do a combo fastball special (the one that involves nightcrawler teleporting wolverine so he has the momentum but changes his postition and trayectory, we saw it when the x-men moved to San Francisco) so wolverine appears at the back of ares with his adamantium claws and high speed, beast jumps high throws the axe from another direction (not a trayectory that could hurt wolvie if avoided) and Cyclops blasts him. There is not an angle of scape (not with Scott's incredible spatial vision involved on the ecuation). Knock out.    

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Fist_of_Mandalore:   

Real life bomb, doesn't necessarily = drawn bomb 
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points