• 56 results
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the darknessss

Ares pre-sentry death has his axe,sword and shield,creed has bone claws and logan adam. fight in central park nyc.,,,,,,,,,,,,vs,,,,,,,,,,,,

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Team.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

This has been done before. 

I too think the team can take this. Wolverine alone should give Ares one hell of a fight he won't soon forget.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII said:
This has been done before.  I too think the team can take this. Wolverine alone should give Ares one hell of a fight he won't soon forget.
Agreed, he could actually beat him IMO.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By D3athstroke

Oh My God this is Getting annoying
Ares is so underestimated here
He is better fighter then both of them and  way stronger & Faster with Adamantine weapons he stomps them

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Ok here is the problem with Ares. This whole better fighter has never been proven, his god of war status means absolutely nothing. All of Ares' feats that are cool are absolutely irrelevant here. Taking down ships proves nothing here, lighting himself on fire means nothing here, taking hits from Thor or Hercules is irrelevant here. Flipping A-bomb, pointless Those are different types of damage, regular bullets have pierced him, adamantium sure as hell will. Ares is a low level brick yet is a class 7 fighter that has hardly any credible  h2h feats to back it up. His whole thousands of years of experience is overpowering monsters and using fear to defeat hoards of cannon fodder neanderthals who use spears and sticks, while he overpowers them with superior stats, weapons and durability. He has superhuman speed but based upon on panel feats Wolverine is faster , based upon on- panel feats since he has blitzed humans before. If you can show Ares swinging his axe faster than Wolverine can dodge, I'll change my opinion. If you can show me a scan that is actually relevant, I'll change my position. Don't blame Ares' being underestimated on here, blame Marvel for making a character that has potential be a 3rd string C- list hero, he supposedly has all these abilities but no on-panel proof, hell the Hulk has better reflex feats. Should a guy like Wolverine beat Ares? No, but based upon on panel feats he has shown more skills in modern MA fighting, beaten more credible opponents using skills, tanked stronger hits and has the means to beat Ares, Sabes is just a bonus here.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@god_spawn said:
Ok here is the problem with Ares. This whole better fighter has never been proven, his god of war status means absolutely nothing. All of Ares' feats that are cool are absolutely irrelevant here. Taking down ships proves nothing here, lighting himself on fire means nothing here, taking hits from Thor or Hercules is irrelevant here. Flipping A-bomb, pointless Those are different types of damage, regular bullets have pierced him, adamantium sure as hell will. Ares is a low level brick yet is a class 7 fighter that has hardly any credible  h2h feats to back it up. His whole thousands of years of experience is overpowering monsters and using fear to defeat hoards of cannon fodder neanderthals who use spears and sticks, while he overpowers them with superior stats, weapons and durability. He has superhuman speed but based upon on panel feats Wolverine is faster , based upon on- panel feats since he has blitzed humans before. If you can show Ares swinging his axe faster than Wolverine can dodge, I'll change my opinion. If you can show me a scan that is actually relevant, I'll change my position. Don't blame Ares' being underestimated on here, blame Marvel for making a character that has potential be a 3rd string C- list hero, he supposedly has all these abilities but no on-panel proof, hell the Hulk has better reflex feats. Should a guy like Wolverine beat Ares? No, but based upon on panel feats he has shown more skills in modern MA fighting, beaten more credible opponents using skills, tanked stronger hits and has the means to beat Ares, Sabes is just a bonus here.
QFT.

I've been saying this for yeeeears
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch: It's true, until Ares starts beating guys like Captain America, Shang Chi, Deadpool, Silver Samurai etc in h2h skills not overpower, his supposed better skills than Wolverine do not exist, hell half of Wolverine's rogue gallery are top tier MA fights in the Marvel Universe. 
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@god_spawn: Yes, it really is unfortunate since he is suppose to be the "God of War", but all I've seen are scans of him tossing A-Bomb and his brutal fist fight with Hercules and that quote from Cyclops in Utopia when he says they're going to have trouble taking down Ares (which really means NOTHING). Oh, and that can of him hitting Hermes with a nail gun...but that's about it.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By HellionVulcan

sabretooth is nothing in this he can not harm Ares & wolverine has the only means but Ares has knocked wolverine with one single punch that kept wolverine down & mouth bloody so Ares can win this he'd just have to cut each guy in half then decapitate them .

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@HellionVulcan said:

sabretooth is nothing in this he can not harm Ares & wolverine has the only means but Ares has knocked wolverine with one single punch that kept wolverine down & mouth bloody so Ares can win this he'd just have to cut each guy in half then decapitate them .

Ugh another lame feat of Ares. Ares cheap shotted Wolverine when he wasn't paying attention, and definitely didn't keep "him down."
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By D3athstroke
@texasdeathmatch said:

@HellionVulcan said:

Ugh another cheap feat of Ares. Ares cheap shotted Wolverine when he wasn't paying attention, and definitely didn't keep "him down.

this is biased post
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch: Yeah and Hercules is a decent fighter but he himself lacks the h2h feats that put him on a level cap does. Beating A-bomb is again nothing impressive, it's like fighting the savage Hulk and Wolverine broke his nose with a punch i believe lol. Hell Spider-Man is probably a better h2h fighter than A-bomb. I agree,  the Cyclops quote i just throw out, Wolverine was busy with Omega anyways. As for tagging Hermes, I kinda call that scan PIS, Hermes is supposedly fast, very fast yet he gets tagged by a nailgun by surprise almost. Either it's PIS or his reflexes suck, he is just fast at running. All of Ares' feats are badass sometimes, but they are just irrelevant in fights like this, against people like Wolverine and Sabretooth. Lighting yourself on fire and taking down a ship don't mean much when an opponent has a means of cutting you and has shown better speed and fighting skills.
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@god_spawn: Agreed. Just saw the scan, if Hermes is so fast, he should be able to dodge "nail gun speed" and I don't see how a nail could even penetrate an Olympian god.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GhostRider29

Ares is a bad ass. But like what a few above are saying, he's done nothing to prove his fighting skill. He's a lvl 7 fighter, and yet he hasn't done anything with that fighting ability. I'm sorry but someone with Ares strength, durabilty, mental toughness, stragist, and fighting skill, should be able to beat someone like Hulk or Hercules with ease. But yet he loses to both. He should be the best fighter in all of marvel, and he still has yet to prove it. A marvel wirter needs to step up and prove how great Ares is. And until that happens, I vote the team. But i believe that this shouldn't even be close. It should be Ares stomping the two. But it's not.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@texasdeathmatch said:
@god_spawn said:
QFT.  I've been saying this for yeeeears

just curious, what does QFT mean?
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@D3athstroke said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@HellionVulcan said:

Ugh another cheap feat of Ares. Ares cheap shotted Wolverine when he wasn't paying attention, and definitely didn't keep "him down.

this is biased post
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
So when I said Ares punched Wolverine while he was talking to a guy and wasn't knocked out from the punch...at what point was I being biased?

biasedpast participle, past tense of bi·as (Verb)

1. Show prejudice for or against (someone or something) unfairly: "the tests were biased against women"; "texasdeathmatch doesn't give a sh*t about Marvel characters so he's never biased in these comic debates"
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Edgeworth_11: Quoted for Truth. Lazy way of saying, "I concur with you, good sir."
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@texasdeathmatch
thanks dood.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch said:
  @god_spawn: Agreed. Just saw the scan, if Hermes is so fast, he should be able to dodge "nail gun speed" and I don't see how a nail could even penetrate an Olympian god.
I think Ares has gotten pierced by bullets, I'm sure foot long adamantium claws will do much worse.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@texasdeathmatch said:

@Edgeworth_11: Quoted for Truth. Lazy way of saying, "I concur with you, good sir."

LOL... I always assumed it was quite f_ckin true. Bah... same difference :P
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Super_SoldierXII: oooh, I like that one better
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@texasdeathmatch said:

LOL... I always assumed it was quite f_ckin true. Bah... same difference :P

lol
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@GhostRider29 said:

Ares is a bad ass. But like what a few above are saying, he's done nothing to prove his fighting skill. He's a lvl 7 fighter, and yet he hasn't done anything with that fighting ability. I'm sorry but someone with Ares strength, durabilty, mental toughness, stragist, and fighting skill, should be able to beat someone like Hulk or Hercules with ease. But yet he loses to both. He should be the best fighter in all of marvel, and he still has yet to prove it. A marvel wirter needs to step up and prove how great Ares is. And until that happens, I vote the team. But i believe that this shouldn't even be close. It should be Ares stomping the two. But it's not.

Whereas I agree Ares is badass, and agree Marvel could/should have done oh so much more with him, the only problem with Ares versus a Hulk, and especially a Hercules, is that he is no where near as strong or physically as powerful as them. He is vastly outclassed ... and Hercules is arguably a better fighter than Ares to boot. 

As far as Ares vs. Logan; Wolverine has proven on panel to be the better fighter. He has consistently proven very resistant to blunt force trauma (despite his sporadic and contradictory lower end showings)  and has shown he can indeed cut top tier, highly resistant bricks, Namor and the Thing come immediately to mind. He has even cut Thor once before... so ya, he'll cut Ares. 

Which is to say, Wolverine can hurt Ares every bit as much, if not more, than Ares can hurt him. Making this a contest of who fights better than whom and who will outlast whom. 

I vote Wolverine.
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BarelyAverage

I think we are all forgetting that Ares' weapons are magic in nature. What would this do to Wolverine and Sabes?

No Caption Provided
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

It does nothing if he can't hit his targets and whatever his axe hits doesn't regularly do that.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HellionVulcan
@GhostRider29 said:
I agree with this whole heartedly Ares is very under written for a god but well said Ghostrider29 .
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HellionVulcan
@BarelyAverage said:

I think we are all forgetting that Ares' weapons are magic in nature. What would this do to Wolverine and Sabes?

No Caption Provided
That was awesome only way that building was some what left standing was because of spider man web .

Fathers killing Sons
Fathers killing Sons

Ares keeping open eden portal
Ares keeping open eden portal

Hes not meant to be able to follow us
Hes not meant to be able to follow us
First scan hes stabbed & has his throat slit by the grass cutter blade that can kill gods easy it just pisses Ares off big time & the second & third scans is Ares keeping Edens portal open even thou eden controls who travels along well Ares go's where he wants to go .

also the X-man Ares fight shows how well Ares can fight a dark phoenix level being .
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Manchine

Ares Takes this.  I got to laugh at some of the responses.
seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By seekquaze

The problem with Ares is like what people said.  He is used to relying on fear and raw power to win fights.  He rarely if ever has showed this great fighting and tactical skills he is supposed to have.  At the same time the true is with Wolverine and Sabertooth to a point.  For ever fight where they demonstrated Shang-Chi or higher level of skill there is another where they rely on their healing factors and berserker rage to win.  One story nothing can touch them and the next they are more vulnerable.

Also, about Ares it is true in one story regular bullets from a handgun pierced him, but in another War Machine shot him at point blank with machine guns and Ares laughed it off.  He only managed to slow Ares down by dropping a tank on him.

As for this fight I say it could go either way.  One good hit with an ax can take Sabertooth out of the fight.  Wolverine is more difficult thanks to his bones, but not unbeatable.  The question is also how well Wolverine's claws would be able to cut Ares.  I say either way it goes 50/50.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

No proof that Ares has shown the speed or skills to hang with Wolverine and Sabretooth, this is exactly what I said before. None of his feats prove are relevant. I don't care that he can destroy a building, get slashed by the grasscutter, or fight Nate who should actually stomp the crap out of him. Those guys are not Wolverine or Sabretooth, different powers, different attributes. Ares can take a bunch of punches from Hercules, but an adamantium claw is a different kind of damage. I laugh that no one has provided any form of relevant proof and it's just Ares wins followed by nothing or scan that doesn't mean jack here.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BarelyAverage
@god_spawn said:
No proof that Ares has shown the speed or skills to hang with Wolverine and Sabretooth, this is exactly what I said before. None of his feats prove are relevant. I don't care that he can destroy a building, get slashed by the grasscutter, or fight Nate who should actually stomp the crap out of him. Those guys are not Wolverine or Sabretooth, different powers, different attributes. Ares can take a bunch of punches from Hercules, but an adamantium claw is a different kind of damage. I laugh that no one has provided any form of relevant proof and it's just Ares wins followed by nothing or scan that doesn't mean jack here.
Ares in an earlier scan tagged wolverine from behind. I know it was from behind but Wolverine didn't even see it coming. Ares is not just some brick like the thing. If Hulk can tag wolverine than so can Ares.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@BarelyAverage: And it being from behind does what? Shows that he can sucker punch Wolverine who was focused on talking with someone, that is not even a feat and Hulk also has trouble tagging Wolverine on and Logan gets hit by him because he can, he knows full well he can dodge when he wants to, and Hulk has shown better reflex feats than Ares, he even dodged his attack in WWH and floored him in 1 hit. Throw in Sabretooth, it just makes things harder.
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BarelyAverage
@god_spawn said:
@BarelyAverage: And it being from behind does what? Shows that he can sucker punch Wolverine who was focused on talking with someone, that is not even a feat and Hulk also has trouble tagging Wolverine on and Logan gets hit by him because he can, he knows full well he can dodge when he wants to, and Hulk has shown better reflex feats than Ares, he even dodged his attack in WWH and floored him in 1 hit. Throw in Sabretooth, it just makes things harder.
Wolverine had finished talking and was getting ready to fight. WWH only took down Ares so quick due to PIS. Ares withstood a few hits by the most powerful incarnation of Sentry during Seige. The 2 comics don't equate. WWH was a bunch of PIS. Oh and WWH Also tagged Wolverine.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@BarelyAverage: Your point is?
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@god_spawn said:

This. Wolverine can solo to be honest.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@PunkMastaFlex: Yeah and throw in Sabes who is supposedly equal to Wolverine in speed, maybe a bit faster based off an old scan it just makes it more trouble.
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@god_spawn
I've also heard Wolverine defeated the Thing and Namor before. Is that true? If it is, then Ares given his lack of feats shouldn't be too much of a problem.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@PunkMastaFlex: He's beaten Namor before mainly due to plot device or Namor's stupidity. During Civil War, they exchanged h2h a bit and Wolverine could have gutted him in the first exchange if he wanted Wolverine stalemated him once I believe and was under mind control and Namor admitted he would've lost if his mind were his own and he beat him while under mind control again after beating the blazing skull and had to be shot by John Walker the U.S Agent to save Namor before Wolverine gutted him, but he had oil on his claws which is like a kryptonite to Namor. If Namor utilizes his flight and speed properly he should beat Wolverine, but based on  on-panel feats Wolverine has the tools to beat him and gain a few victories. Wolverine has beaten the Thing quite  a few times in the past I believe and almost cut his face off. Wolverine has also defeated Roughhouse with his bare fists before, Roughhouse is an Asgardian troll decendant I believe and is a class 6 strength and lvl5 durability, Wolverine has taken it to Rhino, Hulk, he floored Hercules with a table in a bar fight. There are plenty of bricks that Logan has beaten. Ares is a low level one with some durable weaponry and no feats to back up his supposed level 7 fighting and super speed that Logan has shown even though he possesses no superhuman speed. If people want to get real technical with this God of War stuff, Wolverine is technically the Right hand of God which makes Wolverine idk something special. Atleast he has feats to prove it.
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@god_spawn
Beautiful post.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@PunkMastaFlex said:
@god_spawn: Beautiful post.
-takes a bow- Thank you, I'm here all week.
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@god_spawn
Then go out and get some man -_- j/k
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@PunkMastaFlex: lol new job next week, that's why i'm here this week.
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@god_spawn
What new job bro?
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@PunkMastaFlex: Training at a new gym.
OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OptimusPalm

I have to say that although Ares got ripped in half he do show he could take a fight to Sentry for a while at least, this leads me to think he would have no problem mixing it with Wolverine and Sabretooth.

I understand that he has less feats than the other two but thats because the other two are two of the most popular characters in comics. 

Ares should win IMO he is a few classes above the other two

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By m0ntyb0y

ok...I'm confused

we have people who claim that Wolverine can solo
yet...in the Ares vs. Elder Predator thread, people were saying Ares stomps  
in the Elder Predator vs. Sabretooth thread, people generally agreed Sabretooth loses 
finally, in the Elder Predator vs. Wolverine thread, plenty of people were saying Elder wins

A>B>C doesn't always work, but this seems odd

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bo88gdan

Ares should win

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points