• 102 results
#1 Posted by GodOfMischief (636 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my first post on here but I was wondering who you think would win.

Ares has the same strength, speed and durability as the The Punisher.

Morals off.

Strictly unarmed combat only.

Both start within 15ft of one another.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by blackpanther1 (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares is still a better fighter than him anyway

Ares wins here

#3 Edited by Le_Piaf (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares does not have the same speed strength and durability as the the Punisher. He is a god. Ares stomps.

Or by your post did you mean that for this fight you nerfed Ares?

#4 Posted by GodOfMischief (636 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm aware that he doesen't have the same strength and durability, I'm just putting it as what if he had the same strength and durability as The Punisher. Sorry for any confusion.

#5 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Le_Piaf: Pretty sure the OP is just modifying stats so its a balanced fight. 

But yeah, Ares has little to no impressive H2H feats, Punisher should take this in a brutal fight.
#6 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Ares has little to no impressive H2H feats, Punisher should take this in a brutal fight.

yep.

#7 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares.

#8 Posted by GodOfMischief (636 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a shame that they've never portrayed Ares with any good H2H feats. Correct me if I'm wrong but I read that he's supposed to me a master in most forms of combat.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodOfMischief said:

I think it's a shame that they've never portrayed Ares with any good H2H feats. Correct me if I'm wrong but I read that he's supposed to me a master in most forms of combat.

Yea, Ares is supposed to be a master of most forms of combat as well as weapons. 

@blackpanther1 said:

Ares wins here

I think you're overestimating Ares. He's never done anything to suggest he's a better fighter than the Punisher.
#10 Posted by GodOfMischief (636 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

I admit I don't know much about either characters but I have books with appearances with both of them in, I've started getting into Ares more recently. I always thought the two characters would be a cool match up because of their similarities with their brutal and violent nature etc.

#11 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people still choose Ares despite having like 1 fighting skill feat when Punisher has fought far better opponents h2h.

#13 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
I love how people still choose Ares despite having like 1 fighting skill feat when Punisher has fought far better opponents h2h.
Agreed
#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

But he has like BAJILLIONS!!! of years of experience and Frank has like not as much.

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously Frank has this. Ares is all hype.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@Vance Astro said:

But he has like BAJILLIONS!!! of years of experience and Frank has like not as much.

HA!
#17 Posted by allfornot2 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

To be fair, Ares is the literal God of War. If you were going into this with less knowledge of The Punisher's feats, wouldn't you assume Ares?

Also for the less informed, could you name some of these feats please? It would probably help people make a more informed decision.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@allfornot2 said:

To be fair, Ares is the literal God of War. If you were going into this with less knowledge of The Punisher's feats, wouldn't you assume Ares?

Also for the less informed, could you name some of these feats please? It would probably help people make a more informed decision.

People should only vote for the character they actually make a case for. I could name some feats but I don't see the point considering nobody is actually attempting to back up their decision for Ares..if someone wants to debate me, I will be glad to name feats and post scans. 
#19 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, let's go over skill feats.

Ares: Thousands of years of fighting and using extremely superior godly stats to over power completely unskilled people who have sticks and rocks. In short, nothing notable.

Frank: Simply holding his own against the likes of Daredevil, Moon Knight and Deadpool put him above anything Ares has done skill wise.

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by blackpanther1 (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:Ares went H2h in all out punching brawl with the sentry, I think the sentry ripping him in two was total Bull crap. Ares went H2h with Hercules and won on some occasions Ares is older by far.... and he has more fighting experience than the punisher he was trained by other gods to fight, He is the god of war for goodness sakes!

#21 Posted by Spartan101 (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

still say ares due to the fact hes got a few thousand years on frank and hes a master of all forms of combat even h2h.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpanther1 said:

@Vance Astro:Ares went H2h in all out punching brawl with the sentry, I think the sentry ripping him in two was total Bull crap. Ares went H2h with Hercules and won on some occasions Ares is older by far.... and he has more fighting experience than the punisher he was trained by other gods to fight, He is the god of war for goodness sakes!

Sentry ripping him in half wasn't BS. Sentry far outclasses Ares in strength, durability and speed and if you count getting knocked around like a ragdoll by Sentry a skill feat then it doesn't say much for his fighting ability. Also, Hercules generally beats Ares anyway, he far outclasses him in strength anyway, Ares is a class 70 with Herc being far beyond in the hundreds so anything where Ares can evenly bout with Hercules doesn't make any sense. Just like Ares swordfighting Skaar and clashing swords when Skaar is far beyond class 100 and Ares, as previously mentioned, is class 70. And if he is more skilled than Herc then big deal. Amadeus Cho stated Herc just punches things and Hercules' skills haven't helped him in his fights with Hulk much if at all and Hulk is a huge brawler. When Ares has skill feats that can put him against skilled fights like Daredevil and Moonknight then we can make a case against Punisher. Until then, being the God of War with nothing to show for it as far as fighting ability goes doesn't cut it.

Moderator Online
#23 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackpanther1 said:

Ares got dominated by Sentry and he's a terrible fighter. Sentry ripped him in two because he's weaker by a HUGE margin. Sentry can take punches from character way out of Ares league without even flinching. Hercules isn't that great of a fighter either and even with prep, Herc walked all over him in Incredible Herc. Marvel obviously doesn't care that Ares is the god of War.
#25 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@GodOfMischief said:

Yea, Ares is supposed to be a master of most forms of combat as well as weapons.

I thought it was ALL forms.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@NerdsFTW said: 

It's never been SHOWN regardless.
#27 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@NerdsFTW said:

It's never been SHOWN regardless.

Which is why Frank wins.

#28 Posted by MKMarvelDCfan4life (256 posts) - - Show Bio

ARES WINS

#29 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares wins. He has fought with the greatest of Greek heroes(Herc) and lost :D

#30 Posted by MarvelAvengersAlliance10 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpanther1 said:

Ares wins here

@jeanroygrant said:

Ares.

This.

#31 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares still got this

#32 Posted by BigCimmerian (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

Without PIS Ares should win this.

#33 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares loses. 

PIS or no PIS, until someone can show a scan of Ares demonstrating impressive H2H skills, he's not winning this.

#34 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Ares loses.

PIS or no PIS, until someone can show a scan of Ares demonstrating impressive H2H skills, he's not winning this.

Wanna see Ares scans?

Moderator Online
#35 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn:
#36 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpanther1 said:

#37 Edited by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360 said:

@blackpanther1 said:

It was wrong the first time. Don't know why you'd repost it. Sentry dominated Ares and then ripped him in half. There's nothing shown for Ares durability or against Sentry's strength that proves he couldn't kill Ares like that. People always want to talk about that one time he fought well against Hercules but when Herc actually got mad in a fight with Ares he dominated Ares as well and Ares had prep time. Ares has little to no fighting skill feats. Herc is essentially a wrestler with some sword and weapons skills, even if Ares had beaten him (which to my knowledge he never has), it's not like he beat someone that was that skilled. The Punisher has better h2h feats regardless of how long Ares has been fighting or what he's the god of. If you want the fact that he's the God of War to matter, then tell Marvel to do something about it. Otherwise the Punisher is his superior.
#38 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

not going on about sentry just about that last part

#39 Posted by Nefarious (18784 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher wins.

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360 said:

not going on about sentry just about that last part

The last part about the Punisher being better? Ares doesn't have any notable feats.
#41 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

No feats yet?

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
No feats yet?
Nope..
#43 Edited by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares - The God of War... but only against guys who can't fight back. 

Sure, he has Frank topped when it comes to experience, but the poor God has never done anything to justify beating Frank if they were at the same physical level.  I'm sure it would be brutal, but I don't see anything to warrant giving Ares a win.

Staff
#44 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Though its good to know his "countless years of experience" has taught him to shoot a SMG at Mikaboshi:

#45 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares and Punisher have around the same outline character wise, if you dig deeper into the character you start to find differences (and or similarities) and those define the two (not mutually affected though), true punisher might have more on-page feats possibly due to the fact that its more relatable seeing a human have his trials and tribulations rather than seeing a god beating down and being overpowered. Cases to kinda bring it back to earth are scenes of "a" death to see that he's still vurnable.

In this perticular case they both have the same attributes and their only decisive difference would be their experiences and gained skills, in which case Ares should prevail hands down. Ares is the god of war and impersonates all that is war, every action punisher has taken to make him who he is, his actions in war... Ares impersonates them.

Since this hasn't happened in the comics I or anyone else can't say for definite who takes this in the end 100%.

On a side note: can't remember Ares winning to Herc either, or at least if he had the upperhand, he didn't emerge victorious.

#46 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360 said:

true punisher might have more on-page feats 

Then it's over.
#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares should win.

#49 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

this battle is basically putting punisher against someone with the same attributes but more combat knowledge especially h2h.

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360 said:

@Vance Astro:

this battle is basically putting punisher against someone with the same attributes but more combat knowledge especially h2h.

With no feats to show for it.