Ares (Olympian) vs Skurge the Executioner (Asgardian)

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius
caption
caption
caption
caption
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the creator

Ares is slightly stronger (70 tonnes vs 65 tonnes), both are equally durable but Ares has a healing factor and Ares I think has greater endurance.
I would say that Ares is the faster and more agile of the 2 (but not hugely) and although Skurge is a fantastic warrior, I think that Ares is slightly better.
If they are equipped with their normal weapons, Skurge picks up a big advantage as his axe can open rifts in space, which he can use to let in the environment that he opens a rift in to. For example, the heat of a star, the coldness of space etc.

Overall, even with this weapon in Skurges hands, I would say that Ares would win but after a very hard battle.

One-Above-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By One-Above-You

Is Skurge the immortal guy who fought Hulk?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hadrelius
One-Above-You said:
"Is Skurge the immortal guy who fought Hulk?
"

Not that I know of. He's been a opponent of Thor and normally paired with the Enchantress.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andferne

Got to give this to Ares as well. I think it would be a good fight but in the end Ares holds the advantage and has the battle prowess to overcome Skurge's superior weapon. But imagine Ares with the Executioners Axe :P

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skurge would win  this cause his axe has greater power
Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ellocobruja

Best fight ever! 
I'm going with a draw here...and by draw I mean both dead after a long fight.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Andferne
King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King Hercules

Skurge is nearly equal in strength but he has power that Ares doesn't because of his axe. I give this win to him.

Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Argantyr

Alright lets break this down:

Strength: Ares > Skurge.
Officially, the 'God of War', Ares, is physically stronger than Skurge.

Tactics: Ares ? Skurge
Hard to gauge each of their respective feats vs. armies since Skurge niether had even a regular Uru axe when he encountered Hela's legions and on top of that sought to die since he was heartbroken by Amora's rejection as well as humiliated. Ares never had that kind of circumstances so I'd be inclined to put them as equals, but it's debateable and I'm sure if anyone cares, it will be debated.

Fighting Skills: Ares <<<<<< Skurge
Huh? Now why would I say that? Let's see, I am aware that Ares did a pitiful job against Hulk even after he got bumped up in strength recently, also Ares has rarely proven himself a threat to anyone without using some form of army. Skurge on the other hand has fought against Hulk in a fight which spanned 6 pages, and also fought Hercules with great skill also hand to hand. 

Durability: Ares < Skurge
Well this is more of speculation, I'm not too sure on Ares durability myself but Skurge is effectively bulletproof, is able to recover very quickly from blows from the likes of Hercules, Thor and even the Hulk. If Ares were so durable, he might not have been swatted in one blow from the Hulk.

Energy Manipulation: Ares << Skurge
While guns are dandy, Skurge's axe can create powerful rifts that release intense energy sufficient to destroy Naglfar in a single shot.  He can also bend light to create dazzling illusions against his foes, generate energy blasts, and on top of that, Skurge's Axe is often omparable to Mjolnir.

So if you asked me, Skurge would beat Ares with or without his enchanted axe. Got a problem? Prove me wrong, huh?

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By goldenshot80
@Argantyr said:
" Alright lets break this down:  Strength: Ares > Skurge. Officially, the 'God of War', Ares, is physically stronger than Skurge.  Tactics: Ares ? Skurge Hard to gauge each of their respective feats vs. armies since Skurge niether had even a regular Uru axe when he encountered Hela's legions and on top of that sought to die since he was heartbroken by Amora's rejection as well as humiliated. Ares never had that kind of circumstances so I'd be inclined to put them as equals, but it's debateable and I'm sure if anyone cares, it will be debated.  Fighting Skills: Ares <<<<<< Skurge Huh? Now why would I say that? Let's see, I am aware that Ares did a pitiful job against Hulk even after he got bumped up in strength recently, also Ares has rarely proven himself a threat to anyone without using some form of army. Skurge on the other hand has fought against Hulk in a fight which spanned 6 pages, and also fought Hercules with great skill also hand to hand.   Durability: Ares < Skurge Well this is more of speculation, I'm not too sure on Ares durability myself but Skurge is effectively bulletproof, is able to recover very quickly from blows from the likes of Hercules, Thor and even the Hulk. If Ares were so durable, he might not have been swatted in one blow from the Hulk.  Energy Manipulation: Ares << Skurge While guns are dandy, Skurge's axe can create powerful rifts that release intense energy sufficient to destroy Naglfar in a single shot.  He can also bend light to create dazzling illusions against his foes, generate energy blasts, and on top of that, Skurge's Axe is often omparable to Mjolnir.   So if you asked me, Skurge would beat Ares with or without his enchanted axe. Got a problem? Prove me wrong, huh? "
Ok then. Ares
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

Ares beats Skurge in an epic battle of situationally heroic godly villains.
Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Argantyr

Does he now? But yet he gets one shotted casually by WWH, even when armed with his axe and standard weaponry, whereas Skurge can fight a classic Hulk and Hercules who are much stronger than him?

Ares get's blown out of the water.

Theres a reason why Skurge gladly fights Thor, and why Ares shits his pants when Thor pops up.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Argantyr said:
" Alright lets break this down:  Strength: Ares > Skurge. Officially, the 'God of War', Ares, is physically stronger than Skurge.  Tactics: Ares ? Skurge Hard to gauge each of their respective feats vs. armies since Skurge niether had even a regular Uru axe when he encountered Hela's legions and on top of that sought to die since he was heartbroken by Amora's rejection as well as humiliated. Ares never had that kind of circumstances so I'd be inclined to put them as equals, but it's debateable and I'm sure if anyone cares, it will be debated.  Fighting Skills: Ares <<<<<< Skurge Huh? Now why would I say that? Let's see, I am aware that Ares did a pitiful job against Hulk even after he got bumped up in strength recently, also Ares has rarely proven himself a threat to anyone without using some form of army. Skurge on the other hand has fought against Hulk in a fight which spanned 6 pages, and also fought Hercules with great skill also hand to hand.   Durability: Ares < Skurge Well this is more of speculation, I'm not too sure on Ares durability myself but Skurge is effectively bulletproof, is able to recover very quickly from blows from the likes of Hercules, Thor and even the Hulk. If Ares were so durable, he might not have been swatted in one blow from the Hulk.  Energy Manipulation: Ares << Skurge While guns are dandy, Skurge's axe can create powerful rifts that release intense energy sufficient to destroy Naglfar in a single shot.  He can also bend light to create dazzling illusions against his foes, generate energy blasts, and on top of that, Skurge's Axe is often omparable to Mjolnir.   So if you asked me, Skurge would beat Ares with or without his enchanted axe. Got a problem? Prove me wrong, huh? "
Tactics - neither one of them were particularly tactical. The only real show of tactics from Ares were in his Dark Reign mini where he led a squad of black ops soldiers, and during his mini from 06 where he led the armies of Olympus in a winning campaign against the forces of Amatsu Mikaboshi. He's literally slaughtered armies. Then flash over to Dark Reign, where his best tactical decision is to fly a quintjet through a fortress or something equally asinine 

Fighting Skill - everyone did a pitiful job against Hulk. No matter what level they were at. Strange got the tar kicked out of him, Iron Man lost because of a plot device, hell, even a defeat from Ghost Rider had the brakes put on it so the storyline could continue. So what if Skurge fought classic hulk. Classic hulk isn't even nearly as strong as current incarnations. Fighting Hercules? Ares has done that too, for pages. Not that it matters because, y'know, both of them lost to both opponents. 

Durability - Yeah, keep using a fight against a massively more powerful Hulk then any version Skurge fought. I mean, ignoring context makes a whole bunch of sense.  

Energy manipulation - doesn't really matter considering Skurge rarely utilizes abilities like this besides energy bolts. He doesn't use illusions regularly either. If his ax is supposedly equal to Mjolnir, it certainly doesn't have the feats to support the claim. 
Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Argantyr
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Argantyr said:
Tactics - neither one of them were particularly tactical. The only real show of tactics from Ares were in his Dark Reign mini where he led a squad of black ops soldiers, and during his mini from 06 where he led the armies of Olympus in a winning campaign against the forces of Amatsu Mikaboshi. He's literally slaughtered armies. Then flash over to Dark Reign, where his best tactical decision is to fly a quintjet through a fortress or something equally asinine  Fighting Skill - everyone did a pitiful job against Hulk. No matter what level they were at. Strange got the tar kicked out of him, Iron Man lost because of a plot device, hell, even a defeat from Ghost Rider had the brakes put on it so the storyline could continue. So what if Skurge fought classic hulk. Classic hulk isn't even nearly as strong as current incarnations. Fighting Hercules? Ares has done that too, for pages. Not that it matters because, y'know, both of them lost to both opponents.  Durability - Yeah, keep using a fight against a massively more powerful Hulk then any version Skurge fought. I mean, ignoring context makes a whole bunch of sense.   Energy manipulation - doesn't really matter considering Skurge rarely utilizes abilities like this besides energy bolts. He doesn't use illusions regularly either. If his ax is supposedly equal to Mjolnir, it certainly doesn't have the feats to support the claim.  "
You men when Thor used Skurge's axe to kill Desak, that wasn't a feat?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Argantyr said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Argantyr said:
Tactics - neither one of them were particularly tactical. The only real show of tactics from Ares were in his Dark Reign mini where he led a squad of black ops soldiers, and during his mini from 06 where he led the armies of Olympus in a winning campaign against the forces of Amatsu Mikaboshi. He's literally slaughtered armies. Then flash over to Dark Reign, where his best tactical decision is to fly a quintjet through a fortress or something equally asinine  Fighting Skill - everyone did a pitiful job against Hulk. No matter what level they were at. Strange got the tar kicked out of him, Iron Man lost because of a plot device, hell, even a defeat from Ghost Rider had the brakes put on it so the storyline could continue. So what if Skurge fought classic hulk. Classic hulk isn't even nearly as strong as current incarnations. Fighting Hercules? Ares has done that too, for pages. Not that it matters because, y'know, both of them lost to both opponents.  Durability - Yeah, keep using a fight against a massively more powerful Hulk then any version Skurge fought. I mean, ignoring context makes a whole bunch of sense.   Energy manipulation - doesn't really matter considering Skurge rarely utilizes abilities like this besides energy bolts. He doesn't use illusions regularly either. If his ax is supposedly equal to Mjolnir, it certainly doesn't have the feats to support the claim.  "
You men when Thor used Skurge's axe to kill Desak, that wasn't a feat? "
LOL It was used a plot device. Desak wasn't even particularly strong.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IZZR

This is way too close to call this in my opinion can go both ways this is really all about who you like more as a character.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GhostRider29

Ares would win in my mind. But i love the executioner.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By karrob

Awesome battle! I think Skurge wins

Remoness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Remoness

Love this match.

I'd say Ares.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By progenitorigin

Great match.  I'd put my vote to Ares, after a hard fought battle.
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gravitypress

Old Ares was tougher than new Ares. So I would vote Skurge.