#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
#2 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares is slightly stronger (70 tonnes vs 65 tonnes), both are equally durable but Ares has a healing factor and Ares I think has greater endurance.
I would say that Ares is the faster and more agile of the 2 (but not hugely) and although Skurge is a fantastic warrior, I think that Ares is slightly better.
If they are equipped with their normal weapons, Skurge picks up a big advantage as his axe can open rifts in space, which he can use to let in the environment that he opens a rift in to. For example, the heat of a star, the coldness of space etc.

Overall, even with this weapon in Skurges hands, I would say that Ares would win but after a very hard battle.

#3 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Skurge the immortal guy who fought Hulk?

#4 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"Is Skurge the immortal guy who fought Hulk?
"

Not that I know of. He's been a opponent of Thor and normally paired with the Enchantress.
#5 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to give this to Ares as well. I think it would be a good fight but in the end Ares holds the advantage and has the battle prowess to overcome Skurge's superior weapon. But imagine Ares with the Executioners Axe :P

#6 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Skurge would win  this cause his axe has greater power
#7 Posted by Ellocobruja (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Best fight ever! 
I'm going with a draw here...and by draw I mean both dead after a long fight.
#8 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Skurge is nearly equal in strength but he has power that Ares doesn't because of his axe. I give this win to him.

#10 Posted by Argantyr (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright lets break this down:

Strength: Ares > Skurge.
Officially, the 'God of War', Ares, is physically stronger than Skurge.

Tactics: Ares ? Skurge
Hard to gauge each of their respective feats vs. armies since Skurge niether had even a regular Uru axe when he encountered Hela's legions and on top of that sought to die since he was heartbroken by Amora's rejection as well as humiliated. Ares never had that kind of circumstances so I'd be inclined to put them as equals, but it's debateable and I'm sure if anyone cares, it will be debated.

Fighting Skills: Ares <<<<<< Skurge
Huh? Now why would I say that? Let's see, I am aware that Ares did a pitiful job against Hulk even after he got bumped up in strength recently, also Ares has rarely proven himself a threat to anyone without using some form of army. Skurge on the other hand has fought against Hulk in a fight which spanned 6 pages, and also fought Hercules with great skill also hand to hand. 

Durability: Ares < Skurge
Well this is more of speculation, I'm not too sure on Ares durability myself but Skurge is effectively bulletproof, is able to recover very quickly from blows from the likes of Hercules, Thor and even the Hulk. If Ares were so durable, he might not have been swatted in one blow from the Hulk.

Energy Manipulation: Ares << Skurge
While guns are dandy, Skurge's axe can create powerful rifts that release intense energy sufficient to destroy Naglfar in a single shot.  He can also bend light to create dazzling illusions against his foes, generate energy blasts, and on top of that, Skurge's Axe is often omparable to Mjolnir.

So if you asked me, Skurge would beat Ares with or without his enchanted axe. Got a problem? Prove me wrong, huh?

#11 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Argantyr said:
" Alright lets break this down:  Strength: Ares > Skurge. Officially, the 'God of War', Ares, is physically stronger than Skurge.  Tactics: Ares ? Skurge Hard to gauge each of their respective feats vs. armies since Skurge niether had even a regular Uru axe when he encountered Hela's legions and on top of that sought to die since he was heartbroken by Amora's rejection as well as humiliated. Ares never had that kind of circumstances so I'd be inclined to put them as equals, but it's debateable and I'm sure if anyone cares, it will be debated.  Fighting Skills: Ares <<<<<< Skurge Huh? Now why would I say that? Let's see, I am aware that Ares did a pitiful job against Hulk even after he got bumped up in strength recently, also Ares has rarely proven himself a threat to anyone without using some form of army. Skurge on the other hand has fought against Hulk in a fight which spanned 6 pages, and also fought Hercules with great skill also hand to hand.   Durability: Ares < Skurge Well this is more of speculation, I'm not too sure on Ares durability myself but Skurge is effectively bulletproof, is able to recover very quickly from blows from the likes of Hercules, Thor and even the Hulk. If Ares were so durable, he might not have been swatted in one blow from the Hulk.  Energy Manipulation: Ares << Skurge While guns are dandy, Skurge's axe can create powerful rifts that release intense energy sufficient to destroy Naglfar in a single shot.  He can also bend light to create dazzling illusions against his foes, generate energy blasts, and on top of that, Skurge's Axe is often omparable to Mjolnir.   So if you asked me, Skurge would beat Ares with or without his enchanted axe. Got a problem? Prove me wrong, huh? "
Ok then. Ares
#12 Posted by PowerHerc (84159 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares beats Skurge in an epic battle of situationally heroic godly villains.
#13 Posted by Argantyr (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he now? But yet he gets one shotted casually by WWH, even when armed with his axe and standard weaponry, whereas Skurge can fight a classic Hulk and Hercules who are much stronger than him?

Ares get's blown out of the water.

Theres a reason why Skurge gladly fights Thor, and why Ares shits his pants when Thor pops up.

#14 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Argantyr said:
" Alright lets break this down:  Strength: Ares > Skurge. Officially, the 'God of War', Ares, is physically stronger than Skurge.  Tactics: Ares ? Skurge Hard to gauge each of their respective feats vs. armies since Skurge niether had even a regular Uru axe when he encountered Hela's legions and on top of that sought to die since he was heartbroken by Amora's rejection as well as humiliated. Ares never had that kind of circumstances so I'd be inclined to put them as equals, but it's debateable and I'm sure if anyone cares, it will be debated.  Fighting Skills: Ares <<<<<< Skurge Huh? Now why would I say that? Let's see, I am aware that Ares did a pitiful job against Hulk even after he got bumped up in strength recently, also Ares has rarely proven himself a threat to anyone without using some form of army. Skurge on the other hand has fought against Hulk in a fight which spanned 6 pages, and also fought Hercules with great skill also hand to hand.   Durability: Ares < Skurge Well this is more of speculation, I'm not too sure on Ares durability myself but Skurge is effectively bulletproof, is able to recover very quickly from blows from the likes of Hercules, Thor and even the Hulk. If Ares were so durable, he might not have been swatted in one blow from the Hulk.  Energy Manipulation: Ares << Skurge While guns are dandy, Skurge's axe can create powerful rifts that release intense energy sufficient to destroy Naglfar in a single shot.  He can also bend light to create dazzling illusions against his foes, generate energy blasts, and on top of that, Skurge's Axe is often omparable to Mjolnir.   So if you asked me, Skurge would beat Ares with or without his enchanted axe. Got a problem? Prove me wrong, huh? "
Tactics - neither one of them were particularly tactical. The only real show of tactics from Ares were in his Dark Reign mini where he led a squad of black ops soldiers, and during his mini from 06 where he led the armies of Olympus in a winning campaign against the forces of Amatsu Mikaboshi. He's literally slaughtered armies. Then flash over to Dark Reign, where his best tactical decision is to fly a quintjet through a fortress or something equally asinine 

Fighting Skill - everyone did a pitiful job against Hulk. No matter what level they were at. Strange got the tar kicked out of him, Iron Man lost because of a plot device, hell, even a defeat from Ghost Rider had the brakes put on it so the storyline could continue. So what if Skurge fought classic hulk. Classic hulk isn't even nearly as strong as current incarnations. Fighting Hercules? Ares has done that too, for pages. Not that it matters because, y'know, both of them lost to both opponents. 

Durability - Yeah, keep using a fight against a massively more powerful Hulk then any version Skurge fought. I mean, ignoring context makes a whole bunch of sense.  

Energy manipulation - doesn't really matter considering Skurge rarely utilizes abilities like this besides energy bolts. He doesn't use illusions regularly either. If his ax is supposedly equal to Mjolnir, it certainly doesn't have the feats to support the claim. 
#15 Posted by Argantyr (245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Argantyr said:
Tactics - neither one of them were particularly tactical. The only real show of tactics from Ares were in his Dark Reign mini where he led a squad of black ops soldiers, and during his mini from 06 where he led the armies of Olympus in a winning campaign against the forces of Amatsu Mikaboshi. He's literally slaughtered armies. Then flash over to Dark Reign, where his best tactical decision is to fly a quintjet through a fortress or something equally asinine  Fighting Skill - everyone did a pitiful job against Hulk. No matter what level they were at. Strange got the tar kicked out of him, Iron Man lost because of a plot device, hell, even a defeat from Ghost Rider had the brakes put on it so the storyline could continue. So what if Skurge fought classic hulk. Classic hulk isn't even nearly as strong as current incarnations. Fighting Hercules? Ares has done that too, for pages. Not that it matters because, y'know, both of them lost to both opponents.  Durability - Yeah, keep using a fight against a massively more powerful Hulk then any version Skurge fought. I mean, ignoring context makes a whole bunch of sense.   Energy manipulation - doesn't really matter considering Skurge rarely utilizes abilities like this besides energy bolts. He doesn't use illusions regularly either. If his ax is supposedly equal to Mjolnir, it certainly doesn't have the feats to support the claim.  "
You men when Thor used Skurge's axe to kill Desak, that wasn't a feat?
#16 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Argantyr said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Argantyr said:
Tactics - neither one of them were particularly tactical. The only real show of tactics from Ares were in his Dark Reign mini where he led a squad of black ops soldiers, and during his mini from 06 where he led the armies of Olympus in a winning campaign against the forces of Amatsu Mikaboshi. He's literally slaughtered armies. Then flash over to Dark Reign, where his best tactical decision is to fly a quintjet through a fortress or something equally asinine  Fighting Skill - everyone did a pitiful job against Hulk. No matter what level they were at. Strange got the tar kicked out of him, Iron Man lost because of a plot device, hell, even a defeat from Ghost Rider had the brakes put on it so the storyline could continue. So what if Skurge fought classic hulk. Classic hulk isn't even nearly as strong as current incarnations. Fighting Hercules? Ares has done that too, for pages. Not that it matters because, y'know, both of them lost to both opponents.  Durability - Yeah, keep using a fight against a massively more powerful Hulk then any version Skurge fought. I mean, ignoring context makes a whole bunch of sense.   Energy manipulation - doesn't really matter considering Skurge rarely utilizes abilities like this besides energy bolts. He doesn't use illusions regularly either. If his ax is supposedly equal to Mjolnir, it certainly doesn't have the feats to support the claim.  "
You men when Thor used Skurge's axe to kill Desak, that wasn't a feat? "
LOL It was used a plot device. Desak wasn't even particularly strong.
#17 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

This is way too close to call this in my opinion can go both ways this is really all about who you like more as a character.

#18 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares would win in my mind. But i love the executioner.
#19 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome battle! I think Skurge wins

#20 Posted by Remoness (645 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this match.

I'd say Ares.

#21 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

Great match.  I'd put my vote to Ares, after a hard fought battle.
#22 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Ares was tougher than new Ares. So I would vote Skurge.