Ares (MU) vs Achilles (DC)

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Needlebay

Which god wins? Morals off, standard equipment, no prep.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Which Achilles? The one Zeus created in Rise of the Olympian?

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Needlebay

Yep. The one who threw down with Geo-Force.

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles, with ease

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Needlebay

Really? Didn't Ares fight Herc?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Saren

@Needlebay said:

And Achilles fought Wonder Woman...

Not sure who wins this as I haven't read Achilles' appearances in Outsiders. However, he was strong enough to take multiple blows from Wonder Woman, and she noted that his battle instincts made it very hard to actually hit him.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@CitizenBane said:

@Needlebay said:

Not sure who wins this as I haven't read Achilles' appearances in Outsiders. However, he was strong enough to take multiple blows from Wonder Woman, and she noted that his battle instincts made it very hard to actually hit him.

Tanking blows from Wonder Woman? He'll slaughter Ares.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Needlebay said:

Is Ares still dead

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@jeanroygrant said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Needlebay said:

Is Ares still dead

Yes, he is. Phobos, his son, is dead as well.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saren

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Needlebay said:

He was created to be Diana's equal, if I recall. But he fought her twice that I know of, and she cleaned his clock both times. Taking hits from her would only be really significant if Diana was hitting him as hard as she possibly could, there's no proof that she was doing so. Batman took a hit from Diana in The Hikateia, it knocked him off a building but didn't do any permanent damage.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@CitizenBane said:

He was created to be Diana's equal, if I recall. But he fought her twice that I know of, and she cleaned his clock both times. Taking hits from her would only be really significant if Diana was hitting him as hard as she possibly could, there's no proof that she was doing so. Batman took a hit from Diana in The Hikateia, it knocked him off a building but didn't do any permanent damage.

Does his durability rival hers as well? Or is it lower? I ask because it's obvious that Diana's durability is far superior to that of Ares, and if Achilles does posses durability to roughly the same degree as hers, than that alone will ensure his triumph over Ares.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

Does his durability rival hers as well? Or is it lower? I ask because it's obvious that Diana's durability is far superior to that of Ares, and if Achilles does posses durability to roughly the same degree as hers, than that alone will ensure his triumph over Ares.

She made him bleed with an uppercut, and both of them were surprised because they both thought he was invulnerable. He has weapons that were capable of harming her, though. They'd probably bypass Ares' durability easily. However, there's no proof that his speed and strength are anywhere near hers.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@CitizenBane said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

She made him bleed with an uppercut, and both of them were surprised because they both thought he was invulnerable. He has weapons that were capable of harming her, though. They'd probably bypass Ares' durability easily. However, there's no proof that his speed and strength are anywhere near hers.

Where would you gauge his strength then? Ares is a 75 tonner on his best day.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

Where would you gauge his strength then? Ares is a 75 tonner on his best day.

He hasn't had enough showings for me to gauge his strength. However, Alkyone was able to hurt him a little in a sparring match, and she only has normal Amazonian stats which are maybe peak human at best. Like I said, I haven't read his Outsiders appearances, but from what I have read I think he'd lose to Ares. If Diana didn't want to kill him or punched him only as hard as she does to an unknown foe, then Ares could take those hits just as Achilles did.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Needlebay

I think it was Achilles who backhanded Eardicator. Outsiders as well. Then his fight with Geo Force was pretty cool. But i need to read it again.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren

@Illuminatus: @Needlebay: It seems like his fights in Outsiders give a better picture of his abilities than his appearances in Wonder Woman vol.3, so I'll read up on those and get back to this thread.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

Looked into it. I changed my mind, Achilles for the win.

No Caption Provided
emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By emperorznb

Achilles will win...

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By super_psycho

Achiles will cut his head off

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By super_psycho

@CitizenBane: Even Diana was surprised that how strong alkyone is. I m not sure if she got that strength after killing amazon or before.

No Caption Provided
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@super_psycho: Which issue is that from?

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By super_psycho

@CitizenBane: Wonder Woman V3 #38

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

@super_psycho: That was because she'd been amped by the spirit of Genocide from the doll that Ares gave her. That sparring match where she hurt Achilles took place before she conducted the ritual that boosted her strength.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By super_psycho

@CitizenBane: makes sense.