Archvillains of DC vs Archvillains of Marvel (teams of 5 each)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

A 5-member team of arch-villains from DC vs a 5-member team of arch-villains from Marvel.

Team DC: Lex Luthor, Zoom (Zolomon), Darkseid, Sinestro, Black Adam (all pre-New 52.  Luthor has modern warsuit.)

Team Marvel: Dr. Doom, Loki, Thanos, Mr. Sinister, Ultron (all standard/recent.  Loki is adult.  No amps for Thanos.  Ultron is pre-Age of Ultron.)

EDIT:
ROUND 1: Both teams have one month of prep.  In character.  They know the other team's basic powers and abilities.  They can bring any equipment, etc. from their month of prep with them.

ROUND 2: Both teams have one day of prep. Otherwise the same as above.

Battle takes place outside the city of Theed on Naboo.

Which team wins and why?

Lex Luthor with warsuit
Lex Luthor with warsuit

Zoom
 Zoom

Darkseid
Darkseid

Sinestro
 Sinestro

Black Adam
 Black Adam

Marvel:

Doctor Doom
Doctor Doom

Loki
Loki

Thanos
Thanos

Mr. Sinister
Mr. Sinister

Ultron
Ultron
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Team two wins because of prep. I believe Thanos, Loki and Doom can come up with something to handle the other team. Team o1 would win in a straight up no prep fight however.

Avatar image for randomcharachter
randomcharachter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By randomcharachter

Team one because all of the team will take a big advantage of prep.

bassistbaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bassistbaris

cmon guys team 2 is obviously stronger with prep.     Dr.Doom with prep became god(beyonder), Thanos become the supreme creature of the universe a countless times whenever he come back he becoming the supreme being in the univers sometime multiverse, Mr. Sinister with prep defeated Phoenix 5, Ultron with prep captured/replaced one of the strongest race of the known universe and he made some of the strongest galactic empire of the universe his bi.ches  
remove the prep and it will be a glorious fight

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dredeuced

Team 2 with prep. It's really, really hard to argue against Thanos and Doom with prep, they toy around with abstract and multiversal+ level threats with significant prep work, I'm sure they could figure out a way to completely disable Zoom's time foolery and the Omega Effect, and those are the only real threats on team 1.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rolldestroyer

team 2 wins, thanos and doom are the top 2 when it comes to prep time IMO.

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spiderpool94

Team 2. Loki and Doom with prep are pretty formidable.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MAZAHS117

Given the stips of this fight with the prep time in place, Team MARVEL should win......Doom and Thanos preparing together is just WOW

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondave

Every single character on Team Two is a prep master, I don't see them losing this battle in any situation

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 with ease

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sandiego008

@dondave said:

Every single character on Team Two is a prep master, I don't see them losing this battle in any situation

I agree with this message. Glad to not hear 'team 1 b/c of zoom speed blitz' argument yet.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IRS

@sandiego008 said:

@dondave said:

I agree with this message. Glad to not hear 'team 1 b/c of zoom speed blitz' argument yet.

Team 1 due to Zoom speed bli- No I'm J/K.

Everyone always underestimates what Luthor can do, but as prep god as Luthor and Darkseid are they're not taking down a whole marvel top tier prep team.

Team 2 due to prep.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shawnbaby

Team 2.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By owie  Moderator

I edited the OP to add a second round with less prep.  I was expecting a bunch of "stomp due to speed blitz" comments myself!  Kinda glad that didn't happen.  :)

Let's see what people think with the 1-day prep scenario.  I do have to say that I think the DC team has decent prep skills too.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say Team 1 has a good shot if Darkseid can get his hands on the Worgolog. It also depends the version of Darkseid broad terms like Pre 52 don't work since Final Crisis reveals that all previous interactions with the mundane, physical universe were simple aspects/avatars/m-bodies of the true being, with only a (varying) fraction of his power and image. Seven Solders Darkseid was creating synthetic/false universes to test Mr.Miracle.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wbr17

How will Team Marvel stop Apokolips army and tech? that's the style of Darkseid with prep.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@wbr17 said:

How will Team Marvel stop Apokolips army and tech? that's the style of Darkseid with prep.

Loki brings an army of Frost Giants. Or Doom brings an army consisting of a combination of Doom-Bots and summoned demons. Or Ultron brings an army of Phalanx and Ultron-drones, while also using his technopathy to steal his opponents tech. Or Sinister brings an army of Jean Grey clones.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By owie  Moderator
@SHARKBEARAGATOR said:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say Team 1 has a good shot if Darkseid can get his hands on the Worgolog. It also depends the version of Darkseid broad terms like Pre 52 don't work since Final Crisis reveals that all previous interactions with the mundane, physical universe were simple aspects/avatars/m-bodies of the true being, with only a (varying) fraction of his power and image. Seven Solders Darkseid was creating synthetic/false universes to test Mr.Miracle.

@Moonchilde said:

@wbr17 said:

Loki brings an army of Frost Giants. Or Doom brings an army consisting of a combination of Doom-Bots and summoned demons. Or Ultron brings an army of Phalanx and Ultron-drones, while also using his technopathy to steal his opponents tech. Or Sinister brings an army of Jean Grey clones.

Thanks for the detail.  It's always nice to have someone draw out the specifics of what kind of prep someone would use, instead of just saying "they would think of something."

Sharkbeargator, I don't know enough about Darkseid to give a specific version, so I'd just say the most standard recent version of him.  No special one-time pinnacle of power situations, just whatever normal level he's tended to be at, given the last 10 years or so.
Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Owie: Given Prep he just brings his Promethian Giant to crush the planet.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wbr17

I guess Luthor or Darkseid can control Ultron and Doom Bots, and Ultron will never control Father Box.

Team Dc can create a psychic shield, so an army of Jean won't do much.

And what about Zoom speed and time manipulation? He can just run throw time and get all infinity gem before Thanos.

And Luthor can create another Injustice Gang.

Sinestro can call Sinestro's Corps, that will be powerful constructs everywhere.

Add all of this with Adam power.

The thing is that, everything that one team think, the other can counter back, so this will go to who has the strongests biggest army, and which team is more powerful. Prep time only serve to bring allies.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Killemall

Thanos and Doom working together as prep, thats a very , very scary concept.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By New_World_Order

Without prep people will say Zoom solo's.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@wbr17 said:

I guess Luthor or Darkseid can control Ultron and Doom Bots, and Ultron will never control Father Box.

Team Dc can create a psychic shield, so an army of Jean won't do much.

And what about Zoom speed and time manipulation? He can just run throw time and get all infinity gem before Thanos.

And Luthor can create another Injustice Gang.

Sinestro can call Sinestro's Corps, that will be powerful constructs everywhere.

Add all of this with Adam power.

The thing is that, everything that one team think, the other can counter back, so this will go to who has the strongests biggest army, and which team is more powerful. Prep time only serve to bring allies.

There is no way in hell that Luthor or Darkseid control Ultron, considering that he has easily taken over other technopaths before, including the entire Phalanx race. A race that specialized in assimilating technology. With Doom and Thanos backing up his already incredible techno prowess, it seems more likely that those three take over Luthor and Seid's tech.

Zoom is the big problem, as everyone here will attest to. In a random encounter he definitely wins the match for his team, He's probably the least skilled with prep. though. Doom is certainly adapt at dealing with time-travel, and he and Thanos are experts at stealing the powers of more powerful characters. With a whole month of prep. they'll come up with something that could re-write the universe.

DC definitely has more raw power here, but every single person on the Marvel team is a master of prep. On team DC, really only Luthor and Darkseid are in that same league, and I'd argue Doom and Thanos are above both them.

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wonderbrezzy

doom and thanos,   whers apocalypse   hes way more a  threat than loki

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By termiteone4ever

Either team could win Darkseid is no idiot either . Lex and doom level of intellect is pretty high thanos and darkseid similar as well . Zoom is no fool either even with Prep zoom already seen their faith

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By THORSON

DC because they are known to have over powered characters for no reason.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By owie  Moderator

Bump. Notice the edited OP, with less prep time in the second round. Is one day enough for the Marvel team? Is the Marvel team's prep that much better than DC's? Can the DC team's possibly higher overall power level win out anyway?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MAZAHS117

Even with the one days prep in round 2, Doom still has all the time he needs since he can time travel. Tho I guess Zoom could do the same, but Doom > Zoom in prep so I see Victor being more lethal in that area...imo....Like others have said I do feel a straight up random fight goes to Team DC, but giving Team MARVEL with this roster any kind of prep is just too much of an advantage imo.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dredeuced

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Without prep people will say Zoom solo's.

He probably would.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has some MONSTER prepers that is for sure but they also have an issue in the power department.

Let's for a second look at the strengths of both teams before we talk strategy.

Team 1 has:

More raw offensive power, more speed, and honestly better power after just brainpower.

Team 2 has:

More top tier strategists, better magicians, and better gear more than likely.

If team 1 wants to win they are going to have to find a way to get past Ultron and Thanos' durability, Ultron's technopathy, Sinisters' intangibility and telepathy, and the magic of Doom and Loki.

If team 2 wants to win they are going to have to find a way to get past Zoom and Adam's speedblitz and raw power, Darkseid's raw power, durability, and Omega beams.

Lets think about weaknesses:

DC

Lex is almost completely reliant on tech for most of his abilities and prep, Ultron is a master technopath that could be a big issue for Lex unless he can out tech Ultron which I am not seeing.

Zoom is a one trick pony, it just happens to be one hell of a trick, he has his own personal time frame. Doom is a master of dealing with time, has built his own time machine and has backup of other tech geniuses on his team, he can probably come up with a time stabilization devise to just plain shut Zoom off, and just have it on a constant area effect.

Sinestro is also in the same boat, he can do a ton with it but he in the end is still just an energy manipulator. Whether being drained, getting overpowered, or them finding a way around his constructs I see him as another weak link, not often you can say that about Sinestro.

Now for in my opinion DC's 2 biggest guns in this fight.

Black Adam is a beast, Superman level power, fewer weaknesses, magical backup, and ruthless combat. Unless Doom and Loki can come up with some magical counter to take way his powers they are screwed. They might be able to come up with some weird gadget to deal with him that does not involve magic but I really doubt it.

Lastly is Darkseid, this is the big problem. Other than Radion, which they probably do not know about, probably can not synthesize in a month and also would have trouble using if they did, I am not sure what they are going to do to him. They better pray they have a counter to the Omega Beams in month or this could end quickly.

Marvel

Doom is probably the most well rounded mind here with his knowledge in tech, magic, energy, time and many others. However he is going to have to have almost everything set to be automatic because every person on the DC team is faster except for Lex. His shields are massive but thy could be overpowered by the likes of Darkseid and Black Adam.

Loki is a genius, a trickster, and master magic user, but he is not up to par on defense compared to the others, and he again has speed issues.

Mr. Sinister as much as I like him, does not really bring a lot here. He is a scientist and probably the best geneticist on Marvel earth other than the High Evolutionary. However everyone on DC's team has a way around his telepathy. Lex has gadgets, Darkseid has his own telepathy that is better anyway, Zoom is so fast that Nathaniel might not even get the thought off first, and Black Adam and Sinestro are naturally very resistant. Sinister is the weak link here. He is a more behind the scenes villain who plans for years.

Now the two big guns from Marvel.

Ultron is a beast, adamantium body, technopathy and much more. Not a lot of weakness to deal with but without an army or outside gadgets I am not sure his offense will cut it against Darkseid and Black Adam, he is fast but not as fast as Adam or Zoom.

Thanos is by far their biggest gun, no real weakness here, however even he can not go toe to toe with Darkseid without special gear....

This leads to my last point... Gear.

Gear is what wins this. If Marvel can come up with a cosmic cube, the Infinity Gauntlet or a few of the gems, or any other group of major artifacts they can walk all over the DC team.

However the same can be said if DC can come up with an Anti-life Equation, the Godwave Energies, or many others could walk all over Marvel's team.

Barring outside crazy powerful artifacts I am not sure that Marvel's better rounded strategies can overcome DC's power advantage...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderbrezzy:

Apocalypse is good but Loki is a good person to have for planning and magical backup.

Doom pulling off some magical ability to shut down Black Adam is possible, maybe 50/50, with Loki doing it or them together I would say closer to like 85% chance they could shut him down.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rpottage

Team 1 stomps in my opinion.

The issue here is Zoom; by himself he is a formidable opponent, but with a team he can absolutely wreck. He has the ability to use his powers to grant superspeed to others (such as Inertia and Cheetah). With prep and knowledge of the others; he could grant immense superspeed to the others on his team, at which point all of team one have their natural abilities plus Flash-rivalling speed.

That, I believe, just tips the balance too much in Team 1's favor.

Jodokon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jodokon

Was willing to give it to Team 1

But when I saw Thanos and Doom together.....
Yeah Team 2 wins.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By robertloucksjr

Yeah, Sinister does not really belong here, but I don't know that Luthor does either. Open combat is neither's forte. Loki is a big time buffer as well as a prepper. Remember, he made Absorbing Man from a two-bit criminal. I am sure he can give Thanos and Sinister some magical weapons to play with. He also has some clairvoyance that he might use to forecast where Zoom will be when to pull a trap on him.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Imperator

What era for Darkseid? New Gods v1, v2, v3, v4, JK4W, Orion, GDS, or FC? Three of those eras saw Darkseid having the Anti-Life, one era has Darkseid eating powers of a bunch of people, one has him collapse the multiverse, three show him able to act even when dead/stuck in Source with little hindrance, and one has part of the Anti-Life equation.

Team 2 has some ridiculous prep gods, though in a straight fight I favor team 1. Team 2 takes this in scenario one, easily, though team 1 stands a better chance with only a day of prep. Zoom and Sinestro can take out Ultron (should be able to), Sinister is the weak link, and Loki and Thanos are the biggest problems. Doom is, but I still rank Loki and Thanos above him in a fight. Depending on the Darkseid, team 1 either stomps, or might actually lose.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 due to their prep gods.