Archangel Vs. Falcon!!!

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grandrakon

its in the air,who's the best superhero that can ONLY fly.....

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Archangel? He would shred Falcon. Normal Angel, I'd give it to Falcon.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Phorqe

Yeah, Archangel had projectiles and physical enhancements, so he would win. Normal Angel would lose.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock

I guess I'll go with Falcon... But, to be honest, I don't like neither one of them...

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Archangel appears to be more at home in the air, thanks to his various mutations. His healing factor would be a significant advantage. He's been trained by Black Widow and Hercules, so he's a good fighter. I think this would be a pretty even match, but I'm leaning toward Warren. At the end of the day, Falcon is just an imitation, but Warren is the real deal.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Zoom

Every version of Archangel wins this.

Metal winged Archangel shreds Sam.

Post Chuck Austen's terrible idea Archangel has a healing factor so he'll outlast Sam.

Even between gaining his healing factor and losing his metal wings, Warren will win this. He's got almost no body fat on him, flies faster and has enhanced senses.

Falcon may be more bad ass, but Archangel will win in a fight for sure.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By The_Martian

I have to go with any Angel. He is stronger and faster and would have better flight abilities. He may not be the better in unarmed combat, but he outbeats him in everything else.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Let's keep this exciting, every time we come to a decision that one character wins, add a new flying character. Keeping with the first post, stick with characters whose only power (or main power) is winged flight.

Since Falcon seems to be out, I put forward Swift.

Fastest winged mammal on the planet with eagle-like talon on her hands and feet, enhanced strength and durability and super senses.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks like Swift takes it, in that case. She doesn't have the moral qualms about killing that most Marvel characters do.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

I will give to Archangel becuase of the projectiles but if it was just Angel it would be Falcon all the way. He has trained with Captain America.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zoom

Alpha says:

"I will give to Archangel becuase of the projectiles but if it was just Angel it would be Falcon all the way. He has trained with Captain America. "

Doesn't matter.

Captain America can't even fly, so how much better do you think that really made him?

Angel is faster, stronger and now has a healing factor. It'll be a good fight, but Angel will still take it something like 85% of the time.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius

Zoom says:

"Alpha says:
"I will give to Archangel becuase of the projectiles but if it was just Angel it would be Falcon all the way. He has trained with Captain America. "
Doesn't matter. Captain America can't even fly, so how much better do you think that really made him? Angel is faster, stronger and now has a healing factor. It'll be a good fight, but Angel will still take it something like 85% of the time."

Good point. But something can be said for fighting skill. Look at how many characters with this advantage alone has taken down more powerful opponents.

Spiderman vs Firelord

Batman vs Bane

Iron Fist vs X-men

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius

Power without the skill to apply it amounts to nothing.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zoom

Alpha says:

"Power without the skill to apply it amounts to nothing. "

Good point, because Angel hasn't been fighting about half his life and the X-Men never train. They don't have a thing called a danger room where Angel was performing feats back in the 60s that Falcon can't do now.

Oh wait, must be opposite day.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zoom

Alpha says:

"Zoom says:
"Alpha says:
Doesn't matter. Captain America can't even fly, so how much better do you think that really made him? Angel is faster, stronger and now has a healing factor. It'll be a good fight, but Angel will still take it something like 85% of the time."
Good point. But something can be said for fighting skill. Look at how many characters with this advantage alone has taken down more powerful opponents. Spiderman vs Firelord Batman vs Bane Iron Fist vs X-men "

That's silly. Spiderman isn't even that skilled. I'd say beating Firelord was mainly luck.

Bane is almost as skilled as Batman. When Batman wins, it is because he outsmarts Bane.

I can't speak for Iron Fist vs the X-Men because I've never seen that happen. I will say it's a sorry team of X-Men that loses to Danny, though.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Zoom says:

"Alpha says:
"Power without the skill to apply it amounts to nothing. "

Good point, because Angel hasn't been fighting about half his life and the X-Men never train. They don't have a thing called a danger room where Angel was performing feats back in the 60s that Falcon can't do now.

Oh wait, must be opposite day."

chuckles

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hadrelius

U guys doin stand up. Don't quit your day job. Cyclops has trained for years but I believe US Agent can take him because he's a better fighter. Spiderman beat Firelord because he couldn't match his fighting style. As far as Iron Fist and X-men. Wolverine was on the team. With skill alone he stood up t them

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zoom

Alpha says:

"U guys doin stand up. Don't quit your day job. Cyclops has trained for years but I believe US Agent can take him because he's a better fighter. Spiderman beat Firelord because he couldn't match his fighting style. As far as Iron Fist and X-men. Wolverine was on the team. With skill alone he stood up t them "

US Agent won't beat Cyclops because Cyclops is ridiculously accurate (as in I'll push that tiny button on the other end of the danger room with one shot or I'll take down six guys in one ricochet shot) and his blasts are ridiculously powerful (as in they can damage a celestial). Even if US Agent won, it would be because of his shield and superhuman attributes, not because of his skill.

Fighting style and skill are not the same thing. Firelord lost because Spiderman is incredibly agile and has a thing in his head that tells him exactly when and how to dodge. Spiderman also got lucky and if I remember right (and I could be remembering wrong, I'll admit) Firelord was partially depowered. That is not the same thing as skill.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zoom

Don't get me wrong, there is something to be said for skill. That is a valid point.

There is also something to be said for vastly outpowering your opponent to the point where skill doesn't matter.

Iron Fist will never beat the Juggernaut.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hadrelius

Zoom says:

"Alpha says:
"U guys doin stand up. Don't quit your day job. Cyclops has trained for years but I believe US Agent can take him because he's a better fighter. Spiderman beat Firelord because he couldn't match his fighting style. As far as Iron Fist and X-men. Wolverine was on the team. With skill alone he stood up t them "
US Agent won't beat Cyclops because Cyclops is ridiculously accurate (as in I'll push that tiny button on the other end of the danger room with one shot or I'll take down six guys in one ricochet shot) and his blasts are ridiculously powerful (as in they can damage a celestial). Even if US Agent won, it would be because of his shield and superhuman attributes, not because of his skill. Fighting style and skill are not the same thing. Firelord lost because Spiderman is incredibly agile and has a thing in his head that tells him exactly when and how to dodge. Spiderman also got lucky and if I remember right (and I could be remembering wrong, I'll admit) Firelord was partially depowered. That is not the same thing as skill."

So do u believe Cyclops could take Captain America? And if your fighting style is superior, could u be regarded as a skilled fighter?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If you guys are going to go for a Cyke/Cap fight, make another thread for it. But first, check the re-cap thread, it might have been done and you can carry on in the thread that's already made.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zoom

Alpha says:

"Zoom says:
"Alpha says:
US Agent won't beat Cyclops because Cyclops is ridiculously accurate (as in I'll push that tiny button on the other end of the danger room with one shot or I'll take down six guys in one ricochet shot) and his blasts are ridiculously powerful (as in they can damage a celestial). Even if US Agent won, it would be because of his shield and superhuman attributes, not because of his skill. Fighting style and skill are not the same thing. Firelord lost because Spiderman is incredibly agile and has a thing in his head that tells him exactly when and how to dodge. Spiderman also got lucky and if I remember right (and I could be remembering wrong, I'll admit) Firelord was partially depowered. That is not the same thing as skill."
So do u believe Cyclops could take Captain America? And if your fighting style is superior, could u be regarded as a skilled fighter? "

Against Cap? Depends on terrain, how far away they start, etc. In open terrain if they were far enough appart, Cyke could hold Cap off, never allowing him to get close enough to actually fight back and he'd sooner than later get in a critical shot for the KO. In close or in terrain that allows Cap to get close, he'll probably whipe the floor with Cyke.

Let me clarify what I meant earlier by "Spiderman isn't that skilled." Spiderman is awesome. He's also a pretty unpredicatable fighter, which can be useful. However, if you took him and Cyclops and took away their powers, Cyclops would beat him in hand to hand. Now weather you want to call Spiderman's crazy style a skill or not is up to you. I still say that his wins have always been more of a result of his superhuman agility and spidersense than "skill."

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hadrelius

Zoom says:

"Alpha says:
"Zoom says:
"Alpha says:
So do u believe Cyclops could take Captain America? And if your fighting style is superior, could u be regarded as a skilled fighter? "
Against Cap? Depends on terrain, how far away they start, etc. In open terrain if they were far enough appart, Cyke could hold Cap off, never allowing him to get close enough to actually fight back and he'd sooner than later get in a critical shot for the KO. In close or in terrain that allows Cap to get close, he'll probably whipe the floor with Cyke. Let me clarify what I meant earlier by "Spiderman isn't that skilled." Spiderman is awesome. He's also a pretty unpredicatable fighter, which can be useful. However, if you took him and Cyclops and took away their powers, Cyclops would beat him in hand to hand. Now weather you want to call Spiderman's crazy style a skill or not is up to you. I still say that his wins have always been more of a result of his superhuman agility and spidersense than "skill.""

U make some valid points. Circumstances would come into play. I guess Angel never came to my mind as a great fighter.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zoom

Alpha says:

U make some valid points. Circumstances would come into play. I guess Angel never came to my mind as a great fighter. "

Thank you, sir.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Tahdigga

According to Marvel.com, the offical ratings for both characters shows Sam overpowering Warren in fighting skills, speed and energy projection. Warren overpowers Sam in durability. Now that's three to one.

I also thought that Sam had a telepathic link to birds and can communicate and control them to attack his enemies.

I think this goes to Mr. Wilson.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zoom

Tahdigga says:

"According to Marvel.com, the offical ratings for both characters shows Sam overpowering Warren in fighting skills, speed and energy projection. Warren overpowers Sam in durability. Now that's three to one. I also thought that Sam had a telepathic link to birds and can communicate and control them to attack his enemies. I think this goes to Mr. Wilson."

No offense but the official ratings of Marvel.com are obviously wrong.

I mean, Dagger is a 1 for everything and there are several other characters that are completetly wrong compared to other ratings.

I'll say it again. Angel is faster, stronger, doesn't have to use his arms to fly, has practiced longer and harder, and has a healing factor.

I like Sam, but this isn't even a good fight.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Grandrakon

Zoom says:

"Tahdigga says:
"According to Marvel.com, the offical ratings for both characters shows Sam overpowering Warren in fighting skills, speed and energy projection. Warren overpowers Sam in durability. Now that's three to one. I also thought that Sam had a telepathic link to birds and can communicate and control them to attack his enemies. I think this goes to Mr. Wilson."
No offense but the official ratings of Marvel.com are obviously wrong. I mean, Dagger is a 1 for everything and there are several other characters that are completetly wrong compared to other ratings. I'll say it again. Angel is faster, stronger, doesn't have to use his arms to fly, has practiced longer and harder, and has a healing factor. I like Sam, but this isn't even a good fight."

hey!!i put this fight up,dude!its an interesting fight,considering both of their backrounds.If ol'sammy gets his hands on angel,oooh boy,but if he can't catch up,well,he's done.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tahdigga

Ok....so the comic company that created the character and his powers and stats is wrong. Yeah right. As for Dagger maybe her stats have not been updated yet. Well I'm going with Marvel's official stats. Going by his stats, he overpowers Warren. Just my opinion.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zoom

Oh, no it's an interesting fight, just not an incredibly close one. ;-)

If Sam gets his hands on Angel, Angel will grab his arms and beat him down with his wings (I know it doesn't happen often but Angel doesn't get into fistcuffs very often either). They're pretty dang strong considering how fast he can fly.

If they fought on the ground, Sam's martial arts skills could come into play and he'd have a good chance of winning, but in the air, this is all Warren.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Tahdigga says:

"Ok....so the comic company that created the character and his powers and stats is wrong. Yeah right. "

There are plenty of stats on the Marvel site that are wrong.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tahdigga

Buckshot says:

"Tahdigga says:
"Ok....so the comic company that created the character and his powers and stats is wrong. Yeah right. "
There are plenty of stats on the Marvel site that are wrong."

If you say so

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zoom

Tahdigga says:

"Ok....so the comic company that created the character and his powers and stats is wrong. Yeah right. As for Dagger maybe her stats have not been updated yet. Well I'm going with Marvel's official stats. Going by his stats, he overpowers Warren. Just my opinion."

Okay, lets go with something simple to see if I can prove my point.

Let's look at Cap and Wolverine's stats.

According to Marvel.com, Cap is a 5 and Logan is a 3. This is incorrect. Cap has been stated to be "peak human."

Wolverine has a reinforced adamantium skeleton, meaning that he can lift more and his punches will have more force behind them than any human, even Cap.

When it comes to intelligence, Wolverine beats Cap by one. I don't believe that either.

Hell, Wolverine's durability is a maxed out 7. You wanna tell me that he can take the same amount of punishment as the Juggernaut?

What about Colossus? He has an "energy projection" stat of 4. What energy projection does Colossus have?

No, I'm sorry but marvel.com's ratings were something that an intern did while he was bored. "Official" though they may be, they are still incorrect.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Grandrakon

Zoom says:

"Tahdigga says:
"Ok....so the comic company that created the character and his powers and stats is wrong. Yeah right. As for Dagger maybe her stats have not been updated yet. Well I'm going with Marvel's official stats. Going by his stats, he overpowers Warren. Just my opinion."
Okay, lets go with something simple to see if I can prove my point. Let's look at Cap and Wolverine's stats. According to Marvel.com, Cap is a 5 and Logan is a 3. This is incorrect. Cap has been stated to be "peak human." Wolverine has a reinforced adamantium skeleton, meaning that he can lift more and his punches will have more force behind them than any human, even Cap. When it comes to intelligence, Wolverine beats Cap by one. I don't believe that either. Hell, Wolverine's durability is a maxed out 7. You wanna tell me that he can take the same amount of punishment as the Juggernaut? What about Colossus? He has an "energy projection" stat of 4. What energy projection does Colossus have? No, I'm sorry but marvel.com's ratings were something that an intern did while he was bored. "Official" though they may be, they are still incorrect."

um,Captain America has shall we evolved to a superhuman level of strength,etc. he should be at spider-mans level of strength,or maybe a sort of in between super human and peak human,but i believe he should be stronger than wolvie or at least the same level.He's taken hits from alot of stronger characters.It was said in a documentary i don't quite remember which,but I remember the statement that cap. has outgrown his rep. as a peak human to super human.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zoom

Well, Marvel.com also list him as still "the pinicle of human blah blah."

You may be right and he may have evolved past that, but the fact of the matter is it is still an inconsistancy.

And make no mistake, Cap is a bamf regardless.

brooksy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By brooksy1

@zoom: Didn't Bane snap Batmans back? But this was about Archangel and Falcon and for me Warren wins hands down!

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By myerlanski

I'm going Angel.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warren Stomps

BrockTheRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BrockTheRock

Archangel with low difficulty.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Archangel wins. He has too much speed and power. The healing abilities also. If it were normal Angel then Sam would take it.