• 102 results
Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Trackz

ArchAngel wrecks, in a training session he killed the entire X-Force team, he's a monster. 

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By madrid_san

Warren.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By Kallarkz

Honestly reviewing the two they seem fairly evenly matched. 
Both are at peak human levels (someone here stated that C.A has been classified as above peak human strength..haven't seen that though but it's possible), both have increased healing but I would put Archangels healing factor slightly above Caps though It is nowhere on a Wolverine level as in cuts heal within seconds. 
I have no clue what a "bloodlusted" Cap would do and seeing as how they are both bloodlusted it seems rather....pointless to add in. Have we ever seen either of their abilities measured at "bloodlusted" levels? If not whatever they could do would be pure assumption and nothing could back it up. 

I would give this to Warren for having superhuman levels of Stamina allowing him to last a bit longer than cap as well as having the advantage of flight. 
Many might consider flight to be overrated but I believe it to be a good strategy in avoiding attacks. 

However Cap is a better fighter than Warren so he would not want to stay within meele range for long. Using his wings to catch C.A off guard would be an advantage as well. 
In a 5 round fight i would give it to Archangel 3/5. 

Would like to see a more logical argument for C.A as a believe this would be an interesting fight.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By Kallarkz
@Justin_Credible said:
@Kallarkz: Stamina, or fatigue would not be a problem for Steve/Cap. As it's been stated the super soldier serum replenishes his body. So he does not become fatigued.
Mmmmm...having an infinite amount of stamina would not be consistent with Captain Americans premise of being peak human.  
It is logical to assume he can last far longer than an ordinary human being, but I have never seen him do anything to suggest he could never become tired or that he could even last an entire day exerting himself at physical peak. 
Has there been anything to show that he could do this?
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Killemall

Archangel can fly the biggest advantage :)

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By czarny_samael666
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
No chance.
Why?
Because he has every advantage that matters in this fight. 
How he will not be cutted in pieces by Archangel?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By Erik
@czarny_samael said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
No chance.
Why?
Shield.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Not only can he use the shield, but CA has numerous bullet dodging feats. I can literally post dozens (and have in other threads). When asked how he dodges them point blank by an astonished Black Widow, he reminds her that not only are his physical attributes enhanced, but so too are his senses. Enhanced vision.  

If CA can dodge bullets, he can manuever around Archangel's wings.  

He is also a far, far better fighter than Archangel and is clinical with that shield of his. Like previously posted, he uses the shield much like a chess player ... thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead to set the opponent up through a series of ricochets.  

The shield, coupled with his skill moreso than physical assets, grants Steve the majority here IMO.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59  Edited By Zoom
@Killemall said:
Archangel can fly at the speed of sound, which is the biggest advantage :)
Fixed it for you
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By czarny_samael666
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
No chance.
Why?
Shield.
To cover his whole body? 
How it will protect him from something like that:
Archangel attacks in many directions
Archangel attacks in many directions
?
Tell me also how Cap is going to be even near to Archangel? Warpath for example is faster and stronger and he could be close to Warren, only because X-23 and Wolverine helped him. Besides, Cap can be fast, but he isn't as fast as X-23 or Wolvie who couldn't evade his wings:
Bloodlusted Archangel taking out X-23 and Wolverine and only slowed down by Warpath p1
Bloodlusted Archangel taking out X-23 and Wolverine and only slowed down by Warpath p1
Bloodlusted Archangel taking out X-23 and Wolverine and only slowed down by Warpath p2
Bloodlusted Archangel taking out X-23 and Wolverine and only slowed down by Warpath p2

These aren't his only speed feats. Or showings in which he can move his wings like that:

Archangel fighting fast + ability to move wings in any direction p1
Archangel fighting fast + ability to move wings in any direction p1
Archangel fighting fast + ability to move wings in any direction p2
Archangel fighting fast + ability to move wings in any direction p2
Archangel fighting fast + ability to move wings in any direction p3
Archangel fighting fast + ability to move wings in any direction p3
alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By alexandrinus
@czarny_samael
Where is your prove that Cap is slower than X-23 and slower than Wolvie??? I actualy thought (and still do) that cap is faster and more agile than both of them. I'm not saying you're wrong only that I've never seen or read anything that proved wolverine or X-23 being faster than Cap. 
An Warren atacking in various directions is not so acurate. Firts of all, his attacks must come from him before he can spread them  in various directions and have a limited range (we're talking about the wings here and not his "throwing knives") so if Steve is in front of him all he has to do is jump back before Warren's attacks hit him.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By czarny_samael666
@alexandrinus said:
@czarny_samael: Where is your prove that Cap is slower than X-23 and slower than Wolvie??? I actualy thought (and still do) that cap is faster and more agile than both of them. I'm not saying you're wrong only that I've never seen or read anything that proved wolverine or X-23 being faster than Cap. An Warren atacking in various directions is not so acurate. Firts of all, his attacks must come from him before he can spread them  in various directions and have a limited range (we're talking about the wings here and not his "throwing knives") so if Steve is in front of him all he has to do is jump back before Warren's attacks hit him.
1. I've didn't say that I will post X-23's speed feats that prove that she is faster than Cap. For me it is obvious. What are Cap's speed feats that even put him in their level?
2.Cap is too slow to jump from Archangel. And point was that Cap can't protect himself by shield.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Killemall
@Zoom: thanks man cheers =) 
giantarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By giantarms

I agree with Archangel winning this fight. 

Hasn't anyone read all of the X-Force books, as well as Messiah War, etc? Archangel is a freaking BEAST. Especially in close quarters. He literally just spins in circles and his wings completely destroy everything around him.

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By alexandrinus
@czarny_samael
1)Cap keeps dodging bullets all the time even without his shield while X-23 and Wolverine keep being hit by bullets only surviving because of their healing factor. 

2) There is no prove Cap is or isn't fast enough to dodge Archangel's attacks. You say he can't while I say he can. And Cap can protect himself by shield. That is obvious. Besides using his shield (to defend himself from some attacks) he uses his agilitie as well to doge the ones he can't with his shiled. Most people who don't know Cap think he relies too much on his shield when he's proven more than well enough that he still can compete with top tier Marvel figthers without it.

But I guess there's no sense on keeping debating about this. You have your opinion and you backed it up with valid arguments.  We just have to respect each other's opinions.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By czarny_samael666
@alexandrinus said:
@czarny_samael: 1)Cap keeps dodging bullets all the time even without his shield while X-23 and Wolverine keep being hit by bullets only surviving because of their healing factor.  2) There is no prove Cap is or isn't fast enough to dodge Archangel's attacks. You say he can't while I say he can. And Cap can protect himself by shield. That is obvious. Besides using his shield (to defend himself from some attacks) he uses his agilitie as well to doge the ones he can't with his shiled. Most people who don't know Cap think he relies too much on his shield when he's proven more than well enough that he still can compete with top tier Marvel figthers without it. But I guess there's no sense on keeping debating about this. You have your opinion and you backed it up with valid arguments.  We just have to respect each other's opinions.
No, why? I would like to see Cap's speed feats agaisnt fast people. I se him only in many Avengers series and I was never impressed enough to put him in fight with Spider-Man for example, while I see Archangel cutting off Spidey's head. Shield give him an advantage, but not enough IMO.

Wolvie is known from his speed, the same with X-23. They are more animal fast, then human, which is better than just superhuman. Archangel showed superspeed that is above them. He is also more deadly than them. He can attack Cap from many directions at once. If get close to him - Steve is dead. He will do to him what he did to Vanisher. Cap still has only two arms. Warren has two hands and two deadly wings. Archangel is able to take blast from Cyke and still keep coming.

Now about shield. To attack Warren, he would have to throw it (in opposite, we would see Archangel still attacking him with his knives) and by this way, he will lose his only protection. If he wouldn't, he would have to try attack Warren by his feats. But even assuming that he is faster than Archangel, coming near him is still a death wish. 

But even assuming that Cap will be able to punch him 2-3 times, before Archangel will contrattack, Warren is still too durable to be putted down by Cap's attack. Even if Cap will use his knife, Archangel also has HF (but not as good as "Wolvies"), so he won't die and before any sign of hurt he will cut Cap.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@czarny_samael said:

@alexandrinus said:

@czarny_samael: 1)Cap keeps dodging bullets all the time even without his shield while X-23 and Wolverine keep being hit by bullets only surviving because of their healing factor.  2) There is no prove Cap is or isn't fast enough to dodge Archangel's attacks. You say he can't while I say he can. And Cap can protect himself by shield. That is obvious. Besides using his shield (to defend himself from some attacks) he uses his agilitie as well to doge the ones he can't with his shiled. Most people who don't know Cap think he relies too much on his shield when he's proven more than well enough that he still can compete with top tier Marvel figthers without it. But I guess there's no sense on keeping debating about this. You have your opinion and you backed it up with valid arguments.  We just have to respect each other's opinions.

No, why? I would like to see Cap's speed feats agaisnt fast people. I se him only in many Avengers series and I was never impressed enough to put him in fight with Spider-Man for example, while I see Archangel cutting off Spidey's head. Shield give him an advantage, but not enough IMO. Wolvie is known from his speed, the same with X-23. They are more animal fast, then human, which is better than just superhuman. Archangel showed superspeed that is above them. He is also more deadly than them. He can attack Cap from many directions at once. If get close to him - Steve is dead. He will do to him what he did to Vanisher. Cap still has only two arms. Warren has two hands and two deadly wings. Archangel is able to take blast from Cyke and still keep coming.   Now about shield. To attack Warren, he would have to throw it (in opposite, we would see Archangel still attacking him with his knives) and by this way, he will lose his only protection. If he wouldn't, he would have to try attack Warren by his feats. But even assuming that he is faster than Archangel, coming near him is still a death wish.   But even assuming that Cap will be able to punch him 2-3 times, before Archangel will contrattack, Warren is still too durable to be putted down by Cap's attack. Even if Cap will use his knife, Archangel also has HF (but not as good as "Wolvies"), so he won't die and before any sign of hurt he will cut Cap.

CA has stalemated Spiderman ... twice.  He even looked more dominant than Spidey. I have pics to back this up. 
CA dodges bullets in multiples travelling 1200 meters per second as well.  He'd do just fine against Warren ... especially with his shield and especially bloodlusted.

Difference between CA's showings and Archangel's is that Warren is almost perpetually bloodlusted in X-Force. They are out for blood. Conversely, we have yet to really see a Captain America bloodlusted  ... and this would be scary as hell. That's why Archangel appears more 'beastly' next to Mr. Boyscout Rogers. Take away those restraints however and we have a red, white and blue killing machine on our hands.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@czarny_samael
Oh and additionally, it's worth while pointing out that in the pics shown where Archangel is holding off X-Force, he's the only one going for blood. His teammates are all holding back. Trying to contain. Warpath had his knife to Warren's throat and were he as blood crazed, Archangel would be dead. 
Your comments would have us beleive Wolverine was out ... but he's still in the picture a few short pannels later. Again, none of Archangel's teammates were trying to kill him or even maim so it's really not a fair comparison in a battle wherein both combatants are bloodlusted as is the case here.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69  Edited By Erik
@czarny_samael
Captain America could block every single one of those attacks and even if he could not, he certainly could dodge them and counter-attack.
alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By alexandrinus
@czarny_samael
So i'm assuming you only know cap from is run with the avengers? Never read anything about him solos? I've been reading Cap. for more than 25 years now and believe me I know what he can do. Why don't you try reading his run with the secret avengers (there are some adventures of him solo) where he has no shield and see what he can do (but that's not nearly as close has what he did in many of his past adventures). As for speed we are not in agreement again. I don't see why animal speed is faster than superhuman. Superhuman speed comes in many degrees. Kazar has proven to be faster and more agile than some animals and he's not faster nor more agile than Cap (Kazar is only a regular human). And being fast doesn't mean you have equivalent reaction time (we've seen speedsters in Marvel being caught by people with normal reflexes when they are not running). Cap reacts  at superhuman speed not only because of his ehanced movements but also because he sees faster than most humans and superhumans in the Marvel Universe (at least until now i only recall cap being the one mentioned to see faster than a regular human) wich gives him an even better edge in figths. He can predict many of the movements his opponents are going to do because of this. And this is how (with the help of his shield i must add) he would be able to avoid most of Warren's attacks even if they came from all directions at the same time. Cap. just wouldn't be there by the time Warren's wings would hit him. 
And you keep saying that after throwing his shiled Cap. would lose his protection (you mentioned before that he could only attack once with his shield). When he does throw his shield he has many things in mind. He doesn't just throw it so that he can hit someone. That's usually not even is main intention. Most of the times is just to lure his enemies closer or keep them way, put his enemies in a danferous position (most of his enemies try to doge/protec themselves from the shield and forget Cap himself until it his to late), etc.. And Cap his a master with his shield. He can make his shield "come back" to him. He never loses his protection (on ocasion opponents have been able to catch his shield - Mefisto a master demon and spiderman with his web - can't see Warren doing that, only use his own wings to protec himself and in this way he wouldn't be able to throw his knives). 

Assuming that Cap can attack him 2-3 times before Warren can contrattack, hiting him with his shield would be enough to put Archangel down even though not for long. If not with his shield I still think Cap. would be aware and would avoid most (not all) of Warren's contrattacks because he would be already expecting that. Healing factor helps a lot when people are cut or have a serious wound but it still takes a little time to take effect.  Time that can be taken to hurt your opponent some more and keep delaying the total effects of the healing factor. 

Look, just to make it clear, I think Cap could take this as I've said it but he would be cut and bruised bad. But I believe Warrens chances are equal. I would give them both a 50% chances of winning. But hey, I'm a guy who believes Cap (Rogers of course) can take on Spiderman, Daredevil (actualy Cap has defeated Daredevil once with only two punches), Wolverine and a bunch of more street figthers like them.  
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@alexandrinus

Which issue did CA beat DD with only 2 punches? I'd like to see that one ... I was not aware of this. 

Also, when did CA beat Wolverine? I know he knocked him out from behind with a solid shield strike in Enemy of the State - but this was an exhausted and mind wiped Wolverine so I don't think this was a win for CA really.  Plus, I kinda doubt CA could sneak up on even an exhausted Logan so this has a splash of PIS as well IMO.

Other than that, CA lost their only real extended battle in Origins... and this was after Logan had gone a few rounds with Nuke and had been on the go for quite a while as well. 

However Warren is a different creature than all these folks so ... 

I agree with you in one thing. A bloodlusted CA is a bad fight for Archangel.
alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By alexandrinus
@Super_SoldierXII
Actualy I've seen Captain America bloodlusted at least once. When trying to stop a drug dealer Cap entered a factory full of drugs. A trap set by said drug dealer because the Factory was also full of explosives. The factory exploded and Cap made it out in the last minute but inhaled a huge amount of drugs. During that time he became more violent in figths and it was during that time that he encountered Daredevil twice (once they fought side by side and another Daredevil heard of his strange behaviour and went after him). Daredevil actualy attacked first but  Cap defeated him with only two punches (Daredevil later lost also against Crossbones and stated that due to both Cap's and Crossbones physiology he couldn't anticipate their moves like it happened against other foes). Later the drugs messed Cap's head much more and he was stopped by Black Widow and Diamondback (both stating that Steve was so messed up by then that he couldn't even figth rigth) and still they only managed to stop him by shoting his head with Widow's sting beam (Cap wasn't using his shield neither). 
To purge him from the drugs he had a major blood transfusion and lost the super soldier serum that ran in his blood and for for a time (more or less two issues I think) he had the strentgh of a regular human (and I think he defeated Count Nefaria by that time). Later it was stated that once he took the soldier serum we would never lose it. His body would keep producing it when necessary due to something that I can't remember what it was.     
scyven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By scyven

Omg Archangel would just man handle captain in 9999/10000 situations...he could fly to high elevations swoop down at incredible speeds launching his projectiles at captain b4 cap has a chance to even react of and theres also the fac theat angel can use hi wings to decepitate cap and block his shield and kinife attacks with his wings as well. Warren wins easily!

scyven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By scyven

Captain America is an enhanced human, quicker and stronger than most humans but against most mutants he wouldn't stand a chance...his CV would suck if his name was Cap Cananda and not Cap America haha Marvel favortism,...anagel is the superior being and would win!

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Vouile

@scyven said:

Omg Archangel would just man handle captain in 9999/10000 situations...he could fly to high elevations swoop down at incredible speeds launching his projectiles at captain b4 cap has a chance to even react of and theres also the fac theat angel can use hi wings to decepitate cap and block his shield and kinife attacks with his wings as well. Warren wins easily!

Welcome to the Vine, for I see you are new, and you have made a very good points.

Archangel wins this fight, for he can travel at the speed of sound (as mentioned above) in his swiftest speeds, when blood lusted. Captain America, although has shown great reflexes, can not react to Angel's speeds when he swoops down, especially dodging and blocking Angel's projectiles. One swoop and Captain America will be decapitated.

I give this battle to Archangel for the majority, 75 - 80% of the time. It is a near stomp.

Vouile

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By nick_hero22

@god_spawn said:

cap

Your a mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#77  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Vouile:

I don't see it as a stomp. Archangel doesn't just take off and blitz Steve beyond mach speeds (I don't think Warren even reaches beyond mach 1 anyway) and considering Steve can see faster than bullets (hence why he dodges them so easily) the likely hood of Archangel's speed being the deciding factor is something I find doubtful. And his pinions themselves aren't terribly fast considering Logan has deflected and Steve himself has blocked bullets from multiple angles while falling so I think he can cover himself just fine. Eventually Archangl will get caught and Steve can throw that shield of his through trucks. Warren is definitely gonna feel the hits.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hksaru

@Erik said:

@czarny_samael said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
No chance.
Why?
Shield.

1 shield

2 wings

@Super_SoldierXII said:

When asked how he dodges them point blank by an astonished Black Widow, he reminds her that not only are his physical attributes enhanced, but so too are his senses. Enhanced vision. If CA can dodge bullets, he can manuever around Archangel's wings.

Use your brain... he's reacting to the gun and the person, not the bullet.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Bo88gdan

Crazy Archangel wins

quatro_briefs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By quatro_briefs

Archangel has a new blood soaked red white and blue flag after this battle.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jayfournines

Captain America FTW, a bloodlusted CAP is a scary mofo

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By GodOfMischief

I'm going to go with Archangel here, don't think I've read any stories of a blood lusted Captain America; so for now I think the winner would be Archangel.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Hksaru:

Wow! Golly! That's such a brand spankin new concept. Why haven't others thought of that? You're something special fella that's fer sure.

Unfortunately, in this case, you're just regurgitating commonplace street leveler jargon without knowing what you're talking about in the slightest with regards CA because you don't know the character, his feats, or, well, much of anything herein really. Why don't you mosey on back and tell someone to 'use their brain' when you find yours and begin to know what it is your preaching there bud. M'kay?

While he certainly 'times the shooter', Steve's senses are also enhanced, as are his reaction timing. He does indeed 'see' faster, and this established by feats, slowing the bullets down and enabling him to react with greater precision. Could give two craps about your opinion to the contrary.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jayfournines

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Hksaru:

Wow! Golly! That's such a brand spankin new concept. Why haven't others thought of that? You're something special fella that's fer sure.

Unfortunately, in this case, you're just regurgitating commonplace street leveler jargon without knowing what you're talking about in the slightest with regards CA because you don't know the character, his feats, or, well, much of anything herein really. Why don't you mosey on back and tell someone to 'use their brain' when you find yours and begin to know what it is your preaching there bud. M'kay?

While he certainly 'times the shooter', Steve's senses are also enhanced, as are his reaction timing. He does indeed 'see' faster, and this established by feats, slowing the bullets down and enabling him to react with greater precision. Could give two craps about your opinion to the contrary.

Indeed he does

No Caption Provided
Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Hksaru

I was referring to that specific feat mentioned. The implication that Captain America dodges point blank bullet fire by reacting to the bullet itself is nonsensical.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Hksaru said:

I was referring to that specific feat mentioned. The implication that Captain America dodges point blank bullet fire by reacting to the bullet itself is nonsensical.

You mean as 'nonsensical' as someone dawning tights to fight crime, someone flying through outer space, shooting laser beams out their eyes, wielding a magical hammer, or a guy that turns into a monster due to gamma radiation, another that channels something called the speed force to move at FTL speeds, a dude that dawns a ring to fight interstellar threats ... are you saying comics and their super powered heroes defy modern day science and logic? That they invite us to suspend what we know to be possible, and actually use our imaginations? Dear lord man!!

Captain America is enhanced. Due to said enhancements, in the wonderful world of comics, his enhanced senses slow bullet trajectory down to aid in their avoidance. Obviously Steve doesn't move 800 meters per second (or faster than the speed of sound) and relies on said senses, enhancements and skill (timing the shooter if you will) to do so successfully.

The point was obvious if you but 'use your brain'.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#87  Edited By tg1982

@Hksaru: Here is Captain America dodging a bullet AFTER it left the gun...

No Caption Provided

Here is one of Cap dodging multiple bullets after they've been fired and while in the middle of doing a flip...

No Caption Provided

and another one of him bringing up his shield to block a bullet, again AFTER it's been fired...

No Caption Provided

So there are a few instances where he is indeed reacting to the bullet and not the gun and shooter.

And for those saying that Archangel can fly at sonic speeds, yes he can, but not in a confined space such as a warehouse. Infact a warehouse gives Cap the advantage, many things for him to take cover behind, as well as his shield obviously, and ricochet his shield off of alot of things to where Archangel will have no idea where the attack is coming from.

This combined with his vastly superior H2H and experience I think Cap takes a solid majority 7/10

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By Hyperlight

it really depends on the setting

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Vouile

@god_spawn said:

@Vouile:

I don't see it as a stomp. Archangel doesn't just take off and blitz Steve beyond mach speeds (I don't think Warren even reaches beyond mach 1 anyway) and considering Steve can see faster than bullets (hence why he dodges them so easily) the likely hood of Archangel's speed being the deciding factor is something I find doubtful. And his pinions themselves aren't terribly fast considering Logan has deflected and Steve himself has blocked bullets from multiple angles while falling so I think he can cover himself just fine. Eventually Archangl will get caught and Steve can throw that shield of his through trucks. Warren is definitely gonna feel the hits.

I see this battle as a near-stomp, due to Archangel holding the capabilities of flying at sound speeds, much more than what Captain America can handle. Cap' especially wouldn't stand a chance against a blood lusted Archangel. The pinions aren't incredibly swift , but they would still contribute to being one of the obstacles Cap' has to face against Angel, so he would have to have his attention very divided.

But I am not giving this fight to Archangel in a straight out stomp, because a peak human with efficient fighting skills and reflexes has some chances to fare against an accelerating speedster, as such in this battle, Archangel.

Vouile

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#90  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Vouile said:

@god_spawn said:

@Vouile:

I see this battle as a near-stomp, due to Archangel holding the capabilities of flying at sound speeds, much more than what Captain America can handle. Cap' especially wouldn't stand a chance against a blood lusted Archangel. The pinions aren't incredibly swift , but they would still contribute to being one of the obstacles Cap' has to face against Angel, so he would have to have his attention very divided.

But I am not giving this fight to Archangel in a straight out stomp, because a peak human with efficient fighting skills and reflexes has some chances to fare against an accelerating speedster, as such in this battle, Archangel.

Vouile

Warren flies at the speed of sound which is mach 1. Since can see and dodge bullets, Archangel is not too fast for him to react. It still gives him an advantage but not something Steve can't overcome since he has blocked and dodged through multiple people shooting at him and the pinions do not move at bullet speeds so I find little reason why Steve can't get him. Steve has A) he can dodge through multiple projectiles moving at or faster the speed of sound (bullets for example) from all different directions. Archangel is not too fast in that regard. B) This also gets rid of the pinion problem since he Steve can get around them or defend. He can get himself in a position Warren can't get him with that shield be it a swoop or pinion. C) A solid blow with that shield will hurt Warren which Steve can capitalize on.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#91  Edited By tg1982

@god_spawn said:

@Vouile said:

@god_spawn said:

@Vouile:

Vouile

Warren flies at the speed of sound which is mach 1. Since can see and dodge bullets, Archangel is not too fast for him to react. It still gives him an advantage but not something Steve can't overcome since he has blocked and dodged through multiple people shooting at him and the pinions do not move at bullet speeds so I find little reason why Steve can't get him. Steve has A) he can dodge through multiple projectiles moving at or faster the speed of sound (bullets for example) from all different directions. Archangel is not too fast in that regard. B) This also gets rid of the pinion problem since he Steve can get around them or defend. He can get himself in a position Warren can't get him with that shield be it a swoop or pinion. C) A solid blow with that shield will hurt Warren which Steve can capitalize on.

Not to mention that in the setting, a warehouse, Archangel isn't going to be able to get to his top speeds while flying, so Cap wouldn't have any problems dealing with Warrens speed. Plus plenty of cover to get behind and things to ricochet his shield off of to attack Archangel from different angles, makes this far from a stomp and honestly puts it in Cap's favor in my opinion.

Avatar image for wolverinethesoldier
wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandrinus said:

@czarny_samael: Why do you say cap could only attack once from a distance? I agree archangel is a beast when bloodlusted but I wouldn't give him the victory that easily. I even think cap can take this. Even if archangel keeps attacking at a distance, cap simply has to use his shield to shield himself from his attacks. If archangel really wanted to win he would have to get close by and then the advantage would be cap's. Cap his a master of combat and he builds strategies as the figth goes on. I think he would find a way to get archangel to attack him up close. If each of them just keep their distance, then it's a draw.

I agree with you

quatro_briefs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By quatro_briefs

Archangel's wings have been used to block projectiles such as missiles and flame and they cover his whole body with their flexibility. Even if he did go in melee with Cap, his wings pose a huge problem as someone said they can attack from all kinds of angles. And since he his blood lusted, he would have no issues maiming Cap, and might even do it by accident like when he accidently removed someone's head who was standing to close to him.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Steve is bloodlusted. His every move will be calculated to kill. Simply put, while more powerful, Warren does not have the skill or the durability to counter a bloodlusted Rogers. The shield neutralizes Warren's principle offensive strength.

Rogers will take this one due to specifics mentioned in the OP.

quatro_briefs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By quatro_briefs

If Steve tries to stab with that knife, Warren has 2 knives that are more than 10 times it's size coming at different directions. The shield hardly neutralizes, as the shield's size is dwarfed by just one if the wings and someone provided a scan of the wings going around and stabbing the backside of Vanisher.

BrockTheRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Archangel with high difficulty.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Same as my comment on the first page

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archangel

Uttarashada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great matchup, I kinda favour Archangel for some reason.