• 95 results
#1 Edited by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are COMPLETELY BLOODLUSTED and out to kill. No morals. Steve has his shield and a vibranium knife.  Current versions of both guys. Who wins this?? 

#2 Edited by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

From a distance, Warren would most likely behead Steve, but up close where the wings couldn't swipe, Steve would have the H2H wherewithal and skill to slice Warren's throat.  Archangel is a beast when he's bloodlusted, but Steve is by far the better combatant.   Rogers ftw. 

#3 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America.

#4 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
Captain America.
#5 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Archangel.

#6 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25540 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
Why?
#7 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Blood lusted Archangel is a monster....so I'm gonna go with him, Sorry Steve ;-;

#8 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
Why?
Archangel can attack from distance whole fight, while Cap could do it only once. 
Archangel seems to be faster, stronger and more durable. IMO it won't be that hard for him.
#9 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25540 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
Why?
Archangel can attack from distance whole fight, while Cap could do it only once.  Archangel seems to be faster, stronger and more durable. IMO it won't be that hard for him.
Agreed Archangel FTW.
#10 Posted by iamwarmachine (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Archangel
#11 Posted by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree it would be difficult in an open terrain. 

Let's say this fight takes place in a GIANT CROWDED WAREHOUSE. The inability for Archangel to do too much flying + distance attacking makes things interesting.

#12 Posted by alexandrinus (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael
Why do you say cap could only attack once from a distance? 

I agree archangel is a beast when bloodlusted but I wouldn't give him the victory that easily. I even think cap can take this. Even if archangel keeps attacking at a distance, cap simply has to use his shield to shield himself from his attacks. If archangel really wanted to win he would have to get close by and then the advantage would be cap's. Cap his a master of combat and he builds strategies as the figth goes on. I think he would find a way to get archangel to attack him up close. If each of them just keep their distance, then it's a draw.
#13 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America blocks Archangel's wings attack then he throw a box of  ritz peanut buttercrackers on the ground taunting "Polly wants a cracker" Archangel can't resist the temptation and goes for the peanut butter crackers on the ground. Captain America comes from behind the distracted Archangel and bashes Archangel in the back of the head with his shield resulting in a KO for Cap.
#14 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

Warren stomp!

#15 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
#16 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by RisingBean (4312 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap. At a distance he blocks with his shield. Up close he utilizes superior tactics, hand to hand and equipment and brains Warren.  
#18 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
No chance.
#19 Posted by God_Spawn (38102 posts) - - Show Bio

cap

#20 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think you guys understand how scary a bloodlusted Captain America would be, especially with a vibranium knife.

#21 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America takes this. He has range. FAR, far more powerful range attack than people give him credit for with that shield of his. He has bullet dodging reflexes as well so he's far from helpless without the shield on hand. He can take army helicopters and fighter jets down with his shield ... he'll tag Archangel. 

And if Arch is stupid enough to get in close enough to use his wings ... the KO/death will come for him all the faster.  

Archangel is more powerful, and yet still, he's just out of his league.
#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
No chance.
Why?
#23 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII said:
Captain America takes this. He has range. FAR, far more powerful range attack than people give him credit for with that shield of his. He has bullet dodging reflexes as well so he's far from helpless without the shield on hand. He can take army helicopters and fighter jets down with his shield ... he'll tag Archangel.  And if Arch is stupid enough to get in close enough to use his wings ... the KO/death will come for him all the faster.   Archangel is more powerful, and yet still, he's just out of his league.
Agreed.
#24 Posted by not2baad (550 posts) - - Show Bio

archangel 

#25 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Archangel. He has a great healing factor now (took Wolverine's claws to the chest) and obviously has speed and manueverbility on his side. Cap wouldnt want to lose his shield here, since he would need it to keep his head from falling off.
#26 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

CA FTW.........................

#27 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, I made this fight before lol
#28 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
Captain America.
#29 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10649 posts) - - Show Bio

Some good arguments being made for both sides. I was initially thinking Archangel but I can see a shot for Cap.
#30 Posted by BarelyAverage (967 posts) - - Show Bio

Archangel does have the advantages in flight, strength, and maybe speed but Cap can still take this due to far superior H2H and the vibranium knife gives him an edge. (No pun intended lol)

#31 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@BarelyAverage said:
Archangel does have the advantages in flight, strength, and maybe speed but Cap can still take this due to far superior H2H and the vibranium knife gives him an edge. (No pun intended lol)
But if Cap will com close to Archangel, he won't have a chance to evade Warren's wings.
#32 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

The way i see it, if Cap tries to throw his shield at Angel, he won't get it back depending on the environment. Angel is too fast and manueverable to get hit by the shield. Cap's only defence vs Angel's flachettes and razor sharp wings. ANgel has great healing these days and durability. He could also use his wings to shield from any attacks from Cap.
#33 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
No chance.
Why?
Because he has every advantage that matters in this fight. 
#34 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Archangel. He has a great healing factor now (took Wolverine's claws to the chest) and obviously has speed and manueverbility on his side. Cap wouldnt want to lose his shield here, since he would need it to keep his head from falling off.
Wolverine stabbed him in the shoulder in the X-Force issue. 

Speed and maneuverability are on Roger's side actually. Archangel is limited by the location while it plays to Roger's abilities perfectly. So is agility, strength, fighting ability and weapons.
#35 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Wolverine stabbed him in the shoulder in the X-Force issue.   Speed and maneuverability are on Roger's side actually. Archangel is limited by the location while it plays to Roger's abilities perfectly. So is agility, strength, fighting ability and weapons.

It starts in the warehouse, but Warren can force Cap out by shooting him with his razor flachettes or drag him out with his sonic speed. As soon as Cap is in sight, it would be like a hawk vs a snake.
#36 Edited by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:

@erik said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:
Wolverine stabbed him in the shoulder in the X-Force issue.   Speed and maneuverability are on Roger's side actually. Archangel is limited by the location while it plays to Roger's abilities perfectly. So is agility, strength, fighting ability and weapons.
It starts in the warehouse, but Warren can force Cap out by shooting him with his razor flachettes or drag him out with his sonic speed. As soon as Cap is in sight, it would be like a hawk vs a snake.
No. The fight location is in a warehouse. The creator of the thread never once mentions outside the warehouse as a possibility. 

Furthermore, you think a guy that literally dodges bullets because he can see faster than they can streak through the air is going to be forced out of anything because of someone throwing what is basically a lot of daggers?

And again, Warren is inside a warehouse, he has no room to gather sonic speeds. He is not like Superman. He has to build up his speed like an actual winged animal.
#37 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
#38 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gremlin From Kremlin said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
Captain America.
#39 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
Captain America.
Saying the name of the other character in the thread doesn't help your argument.
#40 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
Captain America.
Saying the name of the other character in the thread doesn't help your argument.
Pot calling the kettle black much? Besides, if you bothered to read the thread, you would have seen that I already provided an argument.
#41 Posted by Pantherman (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand alot of you like Captain America, I do as well but there is no way he beats Warren. If he throws his shield Warren can simply move and chase it down and keep cap from getting it again. That would leave him with his knife which isn't going to do much against Warrens poison wing darts. Even up close Warren could simply slice him to ribbons because he can and has used his wings in hand to hand combat.

#42 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pantherman said:

I understand alot of you like Captain America, I do as well but there is no way he beats Warren. If he throws his shield Warren can simply move and chase it down and keep cap from getting it again. That would leave him with his knife which isn't going to do much against Warrens poison wing darts. Even up close Warren could simply slice him to ribbons because he can and has used his wings in hand to hand combat.

You like Captain America but you seem to not read much of him. Throwing the shield is almost never the tactic of Captain America. It is throwing it and through the course of the ricochets, forces his opponent into a vulnerable position which leads to the villain losing.
#43 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
@erik said:
@czarny_samael said:
Archangel.
Captain America.
Pot calling the kettle black much? Besides, if you bothered to read the thread, you would have seen that I already provided an argument.
How is this "pot calling the kettle black"? When you have voted for Cap, I didn't quote your post and say "Archangel". 
Rogers still loses in close combat.
#44 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gremlin From Kremlin

You posted a one word answer then through a great deal of hypocrisy, slammed me to quoting your post and giving my own one word answer. That is how it was the pot calling the kettle black. You should look up what that phrase means. 

Captain America wins. You have yet to put forth any kind of valid argument on the topic.
#45 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: I posted a one word answer, a lot of people do that as their first post in battle forums. To be more exact, I quoted czarny samael's post. I know what you meant, but your FIRST post containing a quote/one word answer and giving an opposite one word answer to someone else's FIRST post in the thread are different things. 

Archangel has physical superiority.
#46 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: I posted a one word answer, a lot of people do that as their first post in battle forums. To be more exact, I quoted czarny samael's post. I know what you meant, but your FIRST post containing a quote/one word answer and giving an opposite one word answer to someone else's FIRST post in the thread are different things.   Archangel has physical superiority.
I have been posting in here before I quoted you. My point is still accurate. 

Archangel is not Rogers' physical superior.
#47 Posted by Pantherman (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik

Please read up on Archangel because he is super strong and he is stronger than Steve who is only peak human. Yes I know of the tactics that Steve uses but that isnt going to stop Angel from catching and eliminating the shield from use. This is and ant vs. a bird scenario. Steve has very little chance of winning. This fight is as easy as Angel flying up to Steve Grabbing the shield with his hands preventing him from using it and then using his wings to slice Steve apart.
#48 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pantherman said:
@erik:   Please read up on Archangel because he is super strong and he is stronger than Steve who is only peak human. Yes I know of the tactics that Steve uses but that isnt going to stop Angel from catching and eliminating the shield from use. This is and ant vs. a bird scenario. Steve has very little chance of winning. This fight is as easy as Angel flying up to Steve Grabbing the shield with his hands preventing him from using it and then using his wings to slice Steve apart.
<------ X-Men fanboy. 

That said, Archangel is not super strong. He is stronger than a normal human but so what? So is Steve Rogers. In fact, Rogers has recently been classified as low level enhanced human, so a step up from peak. Peak would have been enough to be stronger than Archangel. Unless you can find feats of Archangel lifting several tons (you cannot), Rogers has him beat in that category.
#49 Posted by Pantherman (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Fine Rogers is stronger but he is still outclassed. He gets diced up by angel no contest.
#50 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pantherman said:
Fine Rogers is stronger but he is still outclassed. He gets diced up by angel no contest.
Nah.