Arbiter (Halo) vs. Darth Vader (Star Wars)

Crasinghell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules:

No morals

No energy shields or force

Strictly a sword battle

Fought in covenant city High Charity

no bystanders

Equipment:

Arbiter gets one energy sword

Vader gets one lightsaber

If you want me to add more rules just tell me

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Vader speedblitzes and one shots him.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Noone301994

Arbiter is stronger

Avatar image for darthvenar501st
DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically Vader wouldn't exist without the force. It's a vital part of his being. U can't just remove it. Btw I think u meant to say "no OFFENSIVE force abilities." So with that interpretation Vader can still use the force to augment his OWN speed, strength, etc. Even if he restricts himself from using ANY force abilities whatsoever, Vader still wins. I believe we can all agree that lightsabers r superior to energy swords, seeing that they can effortlessly slice through metal alloys far superior to anything the unsc or covenant has. And lightsabers can also repel energy based attacks, as well as vaporize kinetic projectiles. So since a lightsaber>energy sword, and Vader's durasteel armor can tank a direct lightsaber strike(Ep V), an energy sword won't do anything. Also Vader can fight at speeds unlike anything the Arbiter has fought at. Arby+lightsaber= body parts

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: No their about equal, sabers have been stopped by other metals as well and they aren't "more durable" either, with that said we need to know which arbiter it is, Thel would be about even with vader since no force amps and stuff, Fal takes a slight majority and ripa prolly loses due to being a block head.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

@killerwasp: I don't believe they're equal. Energy swords can only be used a couple times before shorting out. If Vader hits the sword enough times, it'll use up all of the sword's power. I also don't think Arbiter has the armor to stop a light saber. Vader is also more skilled and the lightsaber handle gives Vader better versatility than an energy sword, so my conclusion is Vader wins

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arbiter cuts him in half.

Next time attempt to make a more fair battle dude.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arbiter's armor is composed of a silvery metal with ornate engravings and metal work. However, it is fully functional as a combat suit, incorporating a heads-up display, energy shield system, and active camouflage which nothing stops from using it and cut Vader in half since he's so much stronger.

Arbiter easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Arbiter

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Force so no augmentation whatsoever? Arbiter wins. With Force augmentation(speed, strength and such) Vader.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Vader's armor is composed of durasteel, a strong metal alloy in SW that is made to resist extreme temperatures(such as superheated plasma), and extreme pressure. There r several parts that r made of Mandalorian Iron and Cortosis-weave, both rare metals r virtually invulnerable to lightsaber blades. So if Luke's lightsaber was only capable of striking Vader's armored shoulder and outputting minor damage, I don't see how Arbiter can do much against Vader's armor. In fact, with Vader's level of skill and experience in lightsaber combat, I don't even see how Arbiter can even get close enough to do that. Also Vader, like any force user, has precognition, allowing him to foresee his enemy's movements and actions. So in that case, Vader knows what the Arbiter will do before it happens. And I've already said that Vader has fought at speeds unlike anything Arbiter has fought at. Arby is at a disadvantage to most high skilled force users. He may survive for a few seconds into the battle, but as the speed of the force user increases, Arby will find difficulty blocking at speeds higher than he trained at. Next thing u know is Arby lying on the ground in pieces. Vader wins. Also to the one who said Arbiter has shields, the OP specified that there r no energy shields in the fight, meaning it will be even easier for Vader to finish Arbiter

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also can the OP his restrictions of the force? Is it no OFFENSIVE force abilities or what? I need to know if force augmentation is allowed

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jacthripper

The OP needs to be more specific

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: Dude the op was 2 years ago, he isnt here do you even see his number of posts? 37 you wont get an answer out of him. It's prolly no force at all.

Anyway prolly arbiter.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: alright so that means no offensive force abilities and no force augmentations. I still stand on Vader winning. Precognition is gonna be a very big advantage in this sword fight sice Vader will be able to predict ALL of Arbiter's movements ahead of time(I remember 1 example in Ep II during the geonosis arena fight with all the Jedi as a good precognition example. After mace windy leaps over a droid, he begins moving his lightsaber to deflect the incoming shot 3 SECONDS before the droid fires. So 3 seconds of prep is a LOT of time). With Vader's precognition, there's NO WAY Arbiter can surprise him.

And again, like all force users, Vader can fight at speeds unlike anything the Arbiter has ever seen. Arby is not gonna be able to keep up with Vader's combat speed for long.

No energy shields for Arby means all it takes is 1 strike from the lightsaber to finish the fight. Although it will take longer for an energy sword to harm Vader, seeing that his armor can take several blows from a lightsaber.

Outcome=Vader wins, though it may be slightly harder than if he fought Chief(major stomp)

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: Lol? Pre-cog is the force dude? That's part of jedi training is they work on pre-cog.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: I mean yeah precognition is part of the force, but it's a universal force power, it's foresight. U can't really take it away or restrict it like offensive force abilities such as sith lightning and force choke. So it's not really a LEARNED thing. It's not an ability that a force user GAINS. The gift of foresight is there in a force sensitive from the start. When that force sensitive becomes a Jedi or sith, then they train to IMPROVE that foresight.

So precognition is gonna be the only thing that stays with Vader if he can't use the force in ANY offensive way or any way to augment himself.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MErulezall

@darthvenar501st: No one has pre-cog that isn't a force user. Period.

Even your terrible wiki says this,

Precognition, also known as danger sense, was a universal Force power.

hint on the force power.

Also stop twisting the op's words to give you the win, it says no force period.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: no duh of course a non force sensitive does not have pre cog. U probably read that wrong.

What's wrong with Wookieepedia? They've got both legends canon and Disney canon articles in there, ALL with sources.

I'm not "twisting" the OP's words. It's their fault that they didn't specify enough on force restrictions. Probably doesn't have much knowledge of the force cuz it is impossible to remove the force from a force user. U just can't. However with LEARNED force abilties that can be used for attack, defense, self-agumentation, etc., can be restricted from use. So it's not twisting. I'm just interpreting the unspecified rule into what makes sense and stays true to the SW universe.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: Anakin/Vader already had the gift of foresight before he became a Jedi(hence his impressive feat of being the 1st human to win a pod race, especially 1 as dangerous as the Boonta Eve pod race, at 8-10 yrs old.). He merely improved upon his precognition while training as a Jedi. Precog is a force POWER, which is not the same as a force ABILITY(such as force choke). The latter can be chosen not to use, but the former is "built-in" and an involuntary function for a force sensitive.

Spider-Man's "Spidey-sense" is pretty much the same thing. U can't take it away in a battle because it's a part of him. Sure he can restrict himself from using web attacks, but he can't "shut off" his "Spidey sense". There is no "On-Off" switch for precognition.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MErulezall

@darthvenar501st: Look as I said, pre-cog = force he said no force, how is that not clear? If I said no Psi-abilities for Ghosts in Starcraft or no Warp powers for Ahriman from warhammer 40k then it means they dont get to use any of them it comes down to their personal stats. That is the case it isn't honestly that hard to understand.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: "no force" is unclear because it's not specific enough. It's not that simple to say "no force" U can't remove force sensitivity from a force user. It's just impossible. U can't turn off a trait that all force users have(precognition). Won't work. Did my Spider-Man example just go in 1 ear and out the other? Let me reiterate- Spider-Man can't simply "turn off" his Spidey sense, but he can restrict himself from using web attacks. Same thing: Vader can't shut off his precognition but he can opt to not use any force abilities(aka force choke force shield force push etc). Without the force Vader is non existent. In SW the force is a metaphysical energy that binds the galaxy together. It can't be turned off.

I don't know anything about Starcraft or WH40K so let's leave that alone shall we?

The force is an exclusive thing in Star Wars that really can't be compared to any other scfi fi magic power stuff. Therefore it is different from whatever wh40k stuff u said

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Arbiter's pretty cool.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: Plasma swords go straight through Titanium A armor. Your argument is invalid. Also arbiter is much faster like hypersonic fast.

He blitzes and cuts his legs off

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste:

1- Durasteel provides mass protection against blaster bolts, which r superior to superheated plasma. It also can take a few hits against lightsabers. Durasteel makes up the bulk of Vader's armor. His gauntlets r made of Mandalorian Iron which is 99.99% invulnerable to lightsabers, and some parts of the armor have been reinforced with cortosis, which is pretty much the same as Mandalorian iron but rarer(actually a bit stronger I think). If a lightsaber can't break Vader's armor then I highly doubt an energy sword will.

2- I understand that arbiter can sword fight pretty fast but for some reason I just can't see his combat speed matching that of a force user, especially the Chosen One... Also even if Arby's combat speed matches Vader's, Vader still has the upper hand because of precognition. He won't get his legs chopped off cuz he'll see it coming ahead of time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: we've had this talk before covenant plasma is equal or above blaster bolts in damage and air heating period.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st: no it's not it means no force how hard is that to grasp? Ever heard of force amp before it means their senses and other such things are amped up he said no force you're only trying to change it so u can make it in your favor....

Yes you can just like anything else it's like saying a depowered superman or a green lantern without his/her ring the force isn't that unique.

You're not the op and he just did if you don't like it then don't post in the thread

No, your argument about Spider-Man just went out the window cause people have removed spider sense in their battles it's not that important... Maybe you should use a better example.

No of course you don't but it doesn't change the fact it's still true.

Oh please save it the force isn't that unique point is force is turned off deal with it.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By echostarlord117

By "no Force," I'm assuming you mean that he can't use the Force at all, i.e. augment his speed.

He still wins because of greater CQC training and far superior durability.

By the way, I find it cute that folks think Vader would be a lumbering cripple without the Force.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvenar501st said:

Technically Vader wouldn't exist without the force. It's a vital part of his being. U can't just remove it.

Of course you can. Anakin is still human, not some ethereal Force creature. All he really needs to exist are his life support systems.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wut

@darthvenar501st said:

1- Durasteel provides mass protection against blaster bolts, which r superior to superheated plasma. It also can take a few hits against lightsabers. Durasteel makes up the bulk of Vader's armor. His gauntlets r made of Mandalorian Iron which is 99.99% invulnerable to lightsabers, and some parts of the armor have been reinforced with cortosis, which is pretty much the same as Mandalorian iron but rarer(actually a bit stronger I think). If a lightsaber can't break Vader's armor then I highly doubt an energy sword will.

2- I understand that arbiter can sword fight pretty fast but for some reason I just can't see his combat speed matching that of a force user, especially the Chosen One... Also even if Arby's combat speed matches Vader's, Vader still has the upper hand because of precognition. He won't get his legs chopped off cuz he'll see it coming ahead of time

Beskar > Cortosis. Mandalorian Iron is one of the rarest metals in Star Wars. It is often used in alloys because it is hard to get. The only thing about Cortosis is it can short out lightsabers. Cortosis is good against lightsabers and other energy, but Beskar is the better all around metal as it is naturally super tough (not just against energy) and just has energy resistance as a boost.

So, for clarification, if you are going up against lightsabers and blasters, Cortosis works fine. But against lightsabers, blasters, slugthrowers, blunt force and whatever else the galaxy wants to throw at you, you go Beskar.

Vader doesn't have Pre-Cog. Pre-Cog is through the force. He is not allowed to use it. He doesn't get to amp his body, he doesn't get to see into the future and he doesn't get to past go and collect 200 dollars. Does this put him at a hilariously large disadvantage because he now has to go without something he has had his entire life? Yes. But, as always, you could always make a new thread with Vader vs the Arbiter and he gets to use the force.

DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: "Without the midi-chlorians, life would cease to exist." Quote from Qui-Gon Jinn.

My entire point is that the Force is an irremovable part of ANY sentient being in the galaxy. Without it there is no life. That is why all the Jedi have said the force flows through everything. "It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together."

So if OP states Vader has no force then Arbiter has already won by default because Vader would not exist without the Force.

TJTheDuelist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TJTheDuelist

Vader rips Arbiter apart with his bare hands

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Geistalt

The Arbiter wins IF Vader doesn't get TK or Force Sense.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: First of all. Vader has far better feats in swordsmanship. Second of all Arbiter probably isn't stronger. Vader already has superhuman strength without force amplification. If arbiter is stronger it isn't by enough to matter. Vader wins as I am a huge Halo and Starwars buff. I will also agree with Venar. Vaders armour should easily deflect the plasma sword and Vader would just stab him.

Now. Plasma swords have shorted out in lore. In legends. The blade ran out of energy and the current wielder had to pick up another.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: I haven't posted in a while and it's cause my pic is down and I'm stuck on mobile but when I get my internet fixed I'll address this

Shadow999x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK WHAT THE HECK YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT. Arbiter would DESTROY Darth vader. durasteel has nothing on a Covenant energy sword. plus, Sangheili are faster, bigger, stronger, tougher, and many times smarter than humans. they have been trained in combat in ways jedi or sith wouldn't even understand.

Shadow999x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shadow999x

and people are saying that an energy sword wont penetrate Vader's armor and that arbiter isn't stronger and that Vader would just stab him right away-- you have just no idea what Sangheili are capable of. especially the arbiter, who has fought and obliterated far more daunting enemies than Darth Vader. plus the fact that an energy sword cuts through any completely solid object with ease, no matter if its durasteel, kevlar, graphene, titanium, battleplate, tungsten-- all of it.

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 reaperace  Moderator

Lol, Vader statues and turns him to shredded cheese.

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eredin12 said:
@reaperace said:

Lol, Vader statues and turns him to shredded cheese.

Doesn't Legends Vader solo the verse?

Avatar image for mordhauextreme1
MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Vader isnt soloing the verse by any means anyone who thinks so is delusional as peak flood can basically solo anything but the SW spirits aspect due to their lack of actual spiritual feats

OT Vader crushes the Arbiter like a tin can

Avatar image for mordhauextreme1
MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Most stuff on an individual level sure, but in the grand scheme of things sure, but the universe can still one shot him, himself and this includes all militaries; UNSC, Covenant, Forerunners, Flood, and Ancient Human empire. I just wanted to make sure this was clear.