#1 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

No armour, both at full health.

1. No prep just a straight fight with a sword for Aragorn and an arakh for The Khal, starting 10 feet from each other.

2. 24 hours prep, but no help for either side.

3. Drogos army vs Gondor in open battle.

Personally I think Drogo takes 1 and edges 3, and Aragorn edges 2, but I think all 3 are fairly even and I'm open to persuasion.

Oh and it's TV vs Film, and Book vs Book, so please explain which you believe would win each and why.

#2 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5339 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about the man he is facing, but Drogo is a beast. Killed two men in combat at the same time. Before being wounded (the wound that would cost him his life.) Tore out a fellow Khals tongue through the hole he made in his neck. And had never been beaten, represented by his hairs length. Since his hair hangs to his ass, I would say he has an impressive fight record. To me it comes down to who is a wiser combatant. I feel like Khal Drogo is too proud. He wont admit he is wounded even if it is severe. Which in my opinion will be his downfall. His pride. He is very skilled. But headstrong and most likely, liable to make mistakes against opponents of equal or greater skill.

#3 Edited by Picard (982 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Aragorn - he have longer sword and that gives him reach advantage. I haven't read LOTR novels in years but in the movies he was very fast and skilled: so skilled and so fast that he could deflect flying dagger with ease and fast enough that he could chop Lurtz's head off in less than a minute:

Drogo from novel have no combat feats, Drogo from TV series fought once which was impressive but considering Aragorn's reach advantage, speed and skill I would say that he would win a firm majority.

2. Aragron will use stealth techniques he learned when he was a Ranger and he will kill Drogo with bow and arrows when he least expecting it.

3. Dothraki would win I guess since every confrontation between cavalry and infantry in LOTR ended badly for infantry.

#4 Edited by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Aragorn (it would play out similar to the Jorah Vs Bloodrider fight in season 1)

Round 2: Aragorn. Drogo with prep would probably still fight his usual style 'Dothraki no need prep time'....(or something)

Round 4: The Dothraki. Horses vs infantry is what they're used to. If this was Rohan instead of Gondor then things might be different

#5 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Aragorn have armor on? If so then Drogo probably isn't getting through it. Arakh vs armor=armor.

#6 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm:

Jorah had armour on, Aragorn doesn't get armour, see OP.

#7 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Aragorn have armor on? If so then Drogo probably isn't getting through it. Arakh vs armor=armor.

No armour, see OP.

#8 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: Aragorn didnt get cut during 3 whole films, in which he wore thin leather armor throughout. I dont think what he was wearing during LOTR kept him alive. It was his skill.

He is far more skilled than Sir Jorah (who beat the bloodrider as much with skill as he did with the reliance of his armor). Yes Drogo is better than the bloodrider, but Aragorn is better than Sir Jorah.

#9 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm:

I don't dispute that I was just explaining that he didn't get armour since Ser Jorah's armour did protect him from the arakh. If you think Aragorn would win that's fine, just wanted the conditions of the battle to be clear.

#10 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: ah ok, fair enough! Thanks for the explanation :)

#11 Posted by tparks (4370 posts) - - Show Bio

Khal Drogo's doesn't really have any combat feats in the book. He is known as a great warrior as he has never had to cut his hair, but his fighting is never actually shown. It is in one episode on HBO, but it was nothing compared to Aragorn. Aragorn has killed countless orcs, goblins, uruk-hai, and even fended off the Nazgul from killing the hobbits. It is possible that Khal Drogo is as skilled as Aragorn, but there are no feats to back this up.

#12 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn he has more experience.

#13 Posted by GhostRavage (8398 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope people know Aragorn has like 68 years of fighting experience... With this said, im leaning towards the real King...

#14 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Khal Drogo has no feats.

#15 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Khal Drogo has no feats.

This, unfortunately. Really wish we got to see him fight more. In Drogo's one fight, he seemed to be a little slower than Aragorn (Aragorn is inhumanly fast after all) but exceptionally skilled, and I'm sure he's stronger than Aragorn.

It definitely would not be a short fight, but I'd bet on Drogo for a majority. It'd be similar to Aragorn's fight with Lurtz, only Drogo is obviously a lot more skilled than the Uruk-hai.

Aragorn has 68 years of fighting experience? Pretty sure he spent most of his life as a ranger, and only briefly served in the Gondorian military. Drogo, on the other hand, has never lost a fight in his entire life, and as a Khal he's spent his entire life fighting.

#16 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaragorn is beyond human levels drogo is cool in the show and said to be cool in the book but wow some people really are lowballing aaragorn to think that hed lose to an at best peak human, hes destroyed multiple super powered opponents at the same time yet drogo beating two random dudes and then dying as a result isxsomething that makes them even.....that doesnt make sense....... Pretty sure aaragorn wins easily. But dothraki woukd win in a battle in open field but op doesnt state cause gondor wins a siege hands down. So it depends.

#17 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@zr0c00l:

Aragorn is not superhuman. He may have defeated superhumans but he has never demonstrated abilities beyond human capacity, apart from his longevity.

#18 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@zr0c00l said:

Aaragorn is beyond human levels drogo is cool in the show and said to be cool in the book but wow some people really are lowballing aaragorn to think that hed lose to an at best peak human, hes destroyed multiple super powered opponents at the same time yet drogo beating two random dudes and then dying as a result isxsomething that makes them even.....that doesnt make sense....... Pretty sure aaragorn wins easily. But dothraki woukd win in a battle in open field but op doesnt state cause gondor wins a siege hands down. So it depends.

OP does state open battle, I know, I wrote it ;)

#19 Posted by PreCrisisFlea (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Drogo is pretty cool but Aragorn is too raw for the GRRM low magic universe, at least so far. Aragorn son of Arathorn is more than mortal in strength and speed and has over a hundred years of skill. At the ford he and Glorfindel stood against the Nazgul. Sauron was so afraid of Aragorn he launched a pre-emptive strike when Aragorn revealed himself to him. Aragorn is from a story riddled with gods and demi-gods running around, and is not losing a melee battle with anybody, or even any four or five characters, from the so-far-much-more-down-to-Earth Song of Ice and Fire.

#20 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn in a stomp

#21 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: ahh well then dothraki..... And yes he is way beyond human he gimli and legolas run for days and nights straight without resting chasing the uruk hai. No mention of elven bread beung used here either.