#1 Posted by Captain_Justice95 (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Frodo is dead and Boromir wants to take the ring for him self and for Gondor. Aragorn tries reasoning with him but the seduction of the ring is too much for Boromir. Aragorn draws his sword and gives Boromir a last chance but he declines.  

Boromir will do anything for the ring. 

Who wins  

#2 Posted by Star_Lord (369 posts) - - Show Bio
Honestly its hard say. In terms of skill with a sword you only saw Boromir briefly in the fight he died in. And in the Mines of Moria, the battle was chaotic and large, so it didn't really focus in on any specific character. So feat wise Aragorn, did have better feats. But the other think to take into account is the fact that Boromir uses a one handed sword(like a Viking broad sword) with a shield, while Aragorn just uses a larger two handed sword. Honestly, I'd take Aragorn, because of his experience(he's like 80 years old, being a Ranger of the North) and more feats(seeming the fact that he made it through all three movies). But I like Boromir better.
#3 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

good fight, aragorn after a tough fight.

#4 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

boromir's death was epic

#5 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6365 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir was badass. Classic Ranger versus Fighter scenario. Hand to hand, the fighter should always win.  
But Aragorn should probably be considered a 'higher level' if we were to use D&D standards here (even assuming we're looking at the Aragorn from book one of course, if not it's a stomp). I give Aragorn a slight majority.
#6 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn.

#7 Posted by Captain_Justice95 (399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
boromir's death was epic

i was hoping for someone to say that. His death scence is one of my favorite in all of the trilogy
#8 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6365 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain_Justice95 said:

@Lance Bastro said:

boromir's death was epic
i was hoping for someone to say that. His death scence is one of my favorite in all of the trilogy

Agreed. If one needs to go out, there are few nobler ways. Epic indeed.
#9 Posted by Scarbearer (726 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a hard one to call, while Aragorn might have an edge in years, it's questionable whether or not he has the edge in experience.  While Aragorn's been running around in the north protecting the 'northern wilds' Boromir spent his formative years pushing back the armies of Mordor with the Gondorian army.  In the novels we even learn that it was Boromir that killed the leader of the Orc's before he falls (while in the Movies they reserve that feat for Aragorn to give him a 'hero moment' at the end of the first film.)  Boromir and Faramir are about as close as any of the Men of Gondor come to living up to their heritage as being descendants of the Dunedan.

That said, Aragorn, while perhaps not as experienced of a war leader as Boromir spent his time coming the wilds and fighting Fel beasts.  In the novels he's basically been doing this using Isildur's broken sword! Both are very great men and perhaps the best fighters that the the world of men had to offer (Faramir while awesome, always lived in his brother's shadow for a reason, at least IMHO).  I think Aragorn probably has the will and the skill to find a way to win if he had to, so I'll pick him, but if there was another human warrior that could've bested Aragorn, if it wasn't Boromir, it wasn't anyone living in Middle Earth.

Of course that said, despite being used as comic relief in the movies, Gimli could've bested either of them.  Just sayin.

#10 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain_Justice95 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
boromir's death was epic
well someone needs to post up the video for epic reminders lol 

#11 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@scarbearer said:
This is a hard one to call, while Aragorn might have an edge in years, it's questionable whether or not he has the edge in experience.  While Aragorn's been running around in the north protecting the 'northern wilds' Boromir spent his formative years pushing back the armies of Mordor with the Gondorian army.  In the novels we even learn that it was Boromir that killed the leader of the Orc's before he falls (while in the Movies they reserve that feat for Aragorn to give him a 'hero moment' at the end of the first film.)  Boromir and Faramir are about as close as any of the Men of Gondor come to living up to their heritage as being descendants of the Dunedan.

That said, Aragorn, while perhaps not as experienced of a war leader as Boromir spent his time coming the wilds and fighting Fel beasts.  In the novels he's basically been doing this using Isildur's broken sword! Both are very great men and perhaps the best fighters that the the world of men had to offer (Faramir while awesome, always lived in his brother's shadow for a reason, at least IMHO).  I think Aragorn probably has the will and the skill to find a way to win if he had to, so I'll pick him, but if there was another human warrior that could've bested Aragorn, if it wasn't Boromir, it wasn't anyone living in Middle Earth.  Of course that said, despite being used as comic relief in the movies, Gimli could've bested either of them.  Just sayin.
agreed
#12 Posted by Captain_Justice95 (399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
@Captain_Justice95 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
boromir's death was epic
well someone needs to post up the video for epic reminders lol 

when i saw this at the movies for the first time i was like holy shit
#13 Posted by AtheneOwnsYou (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn would win. He has years of experience and is far more skilled.

#14 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio

Aragorn.

#15 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (590 posts) - - Show Bio

rangers are the best of men in middle earth aside from the knights of dol amroth, Aragorn should win

#16 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir because Aragorn won't kill Boromir and Boromir is doing anything for the ring, but Aragorn has better fighting skills.

#17 Posted by Penderor (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir is better duelist from these two. Even if Aragorn can beat him H2H Boromir is still better swordsman.