Avatar image for captain_justice95
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Captain_Justice95

Frodo is dead and Boromir wants to take the ring for him self and for Gondor. Aragorn tries reasoning with him but the seduction of the ring is too much for Boromir. Aragorn draws his sword and gives Boromir a last chance but he declines.  

Boromir will do anything for the ring. 

Who wins  

Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Star_Lord
Honestly its hard say. In terms of skill with a sword you only saw Boromir briefly in the fight he died in. And in the Mines of Moria, the battle was chaotic and large, so it didn't really focus in on any specific character. So feat wise Aragorn, did have better feats. But the other think to take into account is the fact that Boromir uses a one handed sword(like a Viking broad sword) with a shield, while Aragorn just uses a larger two handed sword. Honestly, I'd take Aragorn, because of his experience(he's like 80 years old, being a Ranger of the North) and more feats(seeming the fact that he made it through all three movies). But I like Boromir better.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demifiend

good fight, aragorn after a tough fight.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lance Bastro

boromir's death was epic

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Boromir was badass. Classic Ranger versus Fighter scenario. Hand to hand, the fighter should always win.  
But Aragorn should probably be considered a 'higher level' if we were to use D&D standards here (even assuming we're looking at the Aragorn from book one of course, if not it's a stomp). I give Aragorn a slight majority.
Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Renee

Aragorn.

Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain_Justice95
@Lance Bastro said:
boromir's death was epic

i was hoping for someone to say that. His death scence is one of my favorite in all of the trilogy
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Captain_Justice95 said:

@Lance Bastro said:

boromir's death was epic
i was hoping for someone to say that. His death scence is one of my favorite in all of the trilogy

Agreed. If one needs to go out, there are few nobler ways. Epic indeed.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scarbearer

This is a hard one to call, while Aragorn might have an edge in years, it's questionable whether or not he has the edge in experience.  While Aragorn's been running around in the north protecting the 'northern wilds' Boromir spent his formative years pushing back the armies of Mordor with the Gondorian army.  In the novels we even learn that it was Boromir that killed the leader of the Orc's before he falls (while in the Movies they reserve that feat for Aragorn to give him a 'hero moment' at the end of the first film.)  Boromir and Faramir are about as close as any of the Men of Gondor come to living up to their heritage as being descendants of the Dunedan.

That said, Aragorn, while perhaps not as experienced of a war leader as Boromir spent his time coming the wilds and fighting Fel beasts.  In the novels he's basically been doing this using Isildur's broken sword! Both are very great men and perhaps the best fighters that the the world of men had to offer (Faramir while awesome, always lived in his brother's shadow for a reason, at least IMHO).  I think Aragorn probably has the will and the skill to find a way to win if he had to, so I'll pick him, but if there was another human warrior that could've bested Aragorn, if it wasn't Boromir, it wasn't anyone living in Middle Earth.

Of course that said, despite being used as comic relief in the movies, Gimli could've bested either of them.  Just sayin.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Captain_Justice95 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
boromir's death was epic
well someone needs to post up the video for epic reminders lol 

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By demifiend
@scarbearer said:
This is a hard one to call, while Aragorn might have an edge in years, it's questionable whether or not he has the edge in experience.  While Aragorn's been running around in the north protecting the 'northern wilds' Boromir spent his formative years pushing back the armies of Mordor with the Gondorian army.  In the novels we even learn that it was Boromir that killed the leader of the Orc's before he falls (while in the Movies they reserve that feat for Aragorn to give him a 'hero moment' at the end of the first film.)  Boromir and Faramir are about as close as any of the Men of Gondor come to living up to their heritage as being descendants of the Dunedan.

That said, Aragorn, while perhaps not as experienced of a war leader as Boromir spent his time coming the wilds and fighting Fel beasts.  In the novels he's basically been doing this using Isildur's broken sword! Both are very great men and perhaps the best fighters that the the world of men had to offer (Faramir while awesome, always lived in his brother's shadow for a reason, at least IMHO).  I think Aragorn probably has the will and the skill to find a way to win if he had to, so I'll pick him, but if there was another human warrior that could've bested Aragorn, if it wasn't Boromir, it wasn't anyone living in Middle Earth.  Of course that said, despite being used as comic relief in the movies, Gimli could've bested either of them.  Just sayin.
agreed
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Bastro said:
@Captain_Justice95 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
boromir's death was epic
well someone needs to post up the video for epic reminders lol 

when i saw this at the movies for the first time i was like holy shit
AtheneOwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtheneOwnsYou

Aragorn would win. He has years of experience and is far more skilled.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragorn.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rangers are the best of men in middle earth aside from the knights of dol amroth, Aragorn should win

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Boromir because Aragorn won't kill Boromir and Boromir is doing anything for the ring, but Aragorn has better fighting skills.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boromir is better duelist from these two. Even if Aragorn can beat him H2H Boromir is still better swordsman.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Boromir dropped 20+ Uruk-Hai/Orcs in the novel single handedly, lift a Large Dwarven door off its hinges, and could tank scores of arrows before going down. Offhand I can't remember much for Aragorn other than killing random bits of Uruk-Hai in Return, does anyone have anything for Aragorn that would put him above Boromir as a swordsman?

Ya_Idjits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vast experience edge by Aragorn. He may be a Ranger by the time Boromir rolls around, but he actually held the same post as Captain of Gondor decades earlier. Aragorn has a stat advantage as well being a Numenorean of Elvish decent, being a decendand of Lord Elrond's brother Elros.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragorn.

maxxcveiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragon the dark knight

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jrupert1

@penderor said:

Boromir is better duelist from these two. Even if Aragorn can beat him H2H Boromir is still better swordsman.

No he's not. Aragorn was considered the best of the third age. His connection to the Dunedain was stronger and the Numernorean edge, as such he is faster and stronger. And had far more experience. And Tolkien even wrote a what if scenario where if Boromir didn't die he would have eventually succumbed to jealously, seeking out help to take Aragorn out. But they came to blows and Aragorn defeated him.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragorn's mix of swift and strong will be enough to take the win, also the lust for the ring will just hinder Boromir too much imo it'll be a good fight though.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragorn

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By buildhare

Aragorn

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie version Aragon wins
Book version Aragon stomps.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

No he's not. Aragorn was considered the best of the third age. His connection to the Dunedain was stronger and the Numernorean edge, as such he is faster and stronger. And had far more experience. And Tolkien even wrote a what if scenario where if Boromir didn't die he would have eventually succumbed to jealously, seeking out help to take Aragorn out. But they came to blows and Aragorn defeated him.

Lol, Aragorn is not stronger than Boromir.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jrupert1

@devilsmaydie said:
@penderor said:

So I take it you're just judging this on the movies? Book Aragorn is far more impressive than the movie version. His stamina and reflexes are comparable to an elf (which are superior to humans), he's above normal men. He has all sorts bonuses for being who he is (being part elf, having kings blood, etc). I'm not saying Boromir is just some regular soldier, but if any were suggested to be superior in those things it would be Aragorn.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VashtaNerada88

Aragorn fought off the ring wraiths at Weathertop. while he used a lot of strategy fighting them off, he also needed to defend the hobbits. So he was watching over himself + 4 defenseless hobbits. While movie versions they seemed defenseless; IIRC in the book Frodo actually does something other than fall down and get shanked. All in All it was practically 5 vs 1.....on the other hand in the book/film Boromir takes a stupid amount of arrows before he is killed.

Id say durability/pain threshold goes to Boromir everything else Aragorn (not by much)

BUT considering Boromir is being driven by the will ofSauron id say this would be savagely brutal fight with whom ever won coming out barely alive...

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RukelnikovFTW  Online

I was always under the impresion Boromir is stronger and tougher, but Aragorn has more finesse. But IMO Sword&Board is better against 2-H, so ill give it to Boromir, he would probably bleed to death after fight is over.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan said:
@devilsmaydie said:
@penderor said:

So I take it you're just judging this on the movies? Book Aragorn is far more impressive than the movie version. His stamina and reflexes are comparable to an elf (which are superior to humans), he's above normal men. He has all sorts bonuses for being who he is (being part elf, having kings blood, etc). I'm not saying Boromir is just some regular soldier, but if any were suggested to be superior in those things it would be Aragorn.

No actually, in the book it's pretty obvious who is stronger. And being comparable to an elf is hardly unique, or rare. Túrin Turambar was a better fighter than any elf in Thingol's kingdom. And that was before Númenor.

rcranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aragorn is descended from Numenoreans so should be stronger and faster than Boromir.

Aragorn wins.