Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SavageBeast

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

NEW 52 Aquaman vs Current Wolverine & Current Steve Rogers.  

Location & Rules

The fight takes place in Times Square. 

Aquaman has morals in the fight. 

The team has no morals.

There is no prep. 

Winning conditions: Knock Out, Death, Incapacitation. 

Standard Equipement Applies. Adamantium Claws.
80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By 80sBaby

Team. I think Logan could solo, actually.

He's fast enough to keep up with Arthur, his claws would do some serious damage, he's a very skilled combatant and his HF gives him higher durability than Aquaman.

Throw in Cap and it's a stomp.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

Aqua Man stomps still.

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SavageBeast
@jeanroygrant: Is it a stomp?
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@SavageBeast said:

@jeanroygrant: Is it a stomp?

IMO yeah.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#6  Edited By Deadcool

Aquaman beats the crap of both.

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marco_Kidd

Cap isn't even a factor theres nothing he could do to Aquaman, and would get taken out effortlessly.

Wolverine mite put up a fight but he most likely will never hit him, whereas Aquaman will eventually one shot him into unconsciousness.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By PlasticBag

Cap gets taken out relatively easily. In the end Aquaman wins though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine solos.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeanroygrant

@_slim_said:

Wolverine solos.

How?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

@_slim_said:

Wolverine solos.

How?

By stabbing Aquaman.. what is Aquaman gonna do that Logan hasn't face before?

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marco_Kidd

Aquaman is a powerhouse and he can easily knock him out for the victory, wolverine is physically outclassed in every way by a huge margin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Marco_Kidd said:

Aquaman is a powerhouse and he can easily knock him out for the victory, wolverine is physically outclassed in every way by a huge margin.

Wolverine has been physically outclassed before. Gonna have to do better then that.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

@_slim_ said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@_slim_said:

Wolverine solos.

How?

By stabbing Aquaman.. what is Aquaman gonna do that Logan hasn't face before?

@_slim_ said:

@Marco_Kidd said:

Wolverine has been physically outclassed before. Gonna have to do better then that.

Wolverine would probably get beaten just like how the Wrecker did to him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant: Doubt it.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@_slim_ said:

It's possible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

@_slim_ said:

It's possible.

It is. But the only physical advantage Aquaman holds over Wolverine is strength. And Wolverine has dealt with "bricks" before, which is pretty much what Aquaman is, and prevailed.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeanroygrant

@_slim_ said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@_slim_ said:

It's possible.

It is. But the only physical advantage Aquaman holds over Wolverine is strength. And Wolverine has dealt with "bricks" before, which is pretty much what Aquaman is, and prevailed.

True

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@_slim_: Aquaman is also much much Faster than Logan, for example he can swim faster than a jet plane can fly so you can assume his land speed is going to be pretty impressive too. This fight can be won via incapacitation, all Aquaman has to do is hit him in the head once and Logan is out.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The Marvel team should take this.  Aquaman has them both fully outclassed when it comes to physicals, but that doesn't matter because Wolverine's adamantium claws can bypass Arthur's durability advantage.  If an assault rifle round can draw a bit of blood, those claws are going to dish out major damage.  Throw in Captain America as a distraction and a no morals Wolverine is eventually going to turn Arthur into sushi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Marco_Kidd said:

@_slim_: Aquaman is also much much Faster than Logan, for example he can swim faster than a jet plane can fly so you can assume his land speed is going to be pretty impressive too. This fight can be won via incapacitation, all Aquaman has to do is hit him in the head once and Logan is out.

Just because he swims fast doesn't mean the same can be said for his land speed. So no, I don't assume his land speed is anywhere near his swim speed. And have no reason to. It will take more than one punch to the head to knock Logan out.

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@k4tzm4n: Only if he can hit him with those claws, What he can't dodge with his far superior Speed and reflexes, he can block with his Trident. As for Captain America, there's really nothing he could do to even faze Aquaman.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@k4tzm4n said:

The Marvel team should take this. Aquaman has them both fully outclassed when it comes to physicals, but that doesn't matter because Wolverine's adamantium claws can bypass Arthur's durability advantage. If an assault rifle round can draw a bit of blood, those claws are going to dish out major damage. Throw in Captain America as a distraction and a no morals Wolverine is eventually going to turn Arthur into sushi.

Not to mention Logan's insane healing factor. He'd just keep coming back.

Captain America could stay ranged and keep Aquaman form dishing out too many damage/knocking out Wolverine with his shield.

Also, love the avatar :)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Marco_Kidd said:

@k4tzm4n: Only if he can hit him with those claws, What he can't dodge with his far superior Speed and reflexes, he can block with his Trident. As for Captain America, there's really nothing he could do to even faze Aquaman.

What has N52 Aquaman done to definitely prove he can block strikes from Wolverine -- a character with enhanced level speed and vastly superior skill?  I certainly haven't seen anything to justify that he could block for an extended period and counter appropriately.   

Furthermore, Captain America is solely a distraction -- nothing more.  He has the skill (in combination with that shield) to at least annoy Arthur for a short period of time.  He wouldn't ever defeat Arthur, but a shield strike would certainly be felt, and his ability to block strikes would keep him in it for a bit.  He'd essentially be a pest to Arthur, but throwing in Wolverine gives James more than enough openings to properly utilize those claws.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Also, love the avatar :)

Thanks! :D
Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@_slim_: Aquaman's stats are much higher underwater so your right it's not going to be on the same level as his swimming speed, but he still has superhuman speed and reflexes on land. And if Aquaman can casually flip a speeding armoured van on land then its safe to assume that optimistically it would take maybe 2 shots to the head to knock out Wolverine, and that first hit is going to mess him up badly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Marco_Kidd said:

@_slim_: Aquaman's stats are much higher underwater so your right it's not going to be on the same level as his swimming speed, but he still has superhuman speed and reflexes on land. And if Aquaman can casually flip a speeding armoured van on land then its safe to assume that optimistically it would take maybe 2 shots to the head to knock out Wolverine, and that first hit is going to mess him up badly.

I don't see how Aquaman flipping a speeding armored van, relates to him being able to ko Wolverine.

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@k4tzm4n: I'm sure you know more than me about Wolverine, but since when does he have Enhanced speed, if anything he's heavy because of the adamantium. Aquaman has superhuman speed and reflexes, while he may not be as skilled as Logan his level of skill coupled with his powers, puts him far ahead of Wolverine in my opinion.

Aquaman is unaffected by ocean floor pressures, that level of durability makes your claim that a shield throw would in any way hurt him pretty unlikely (even if its only a little).

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@_slim_: I'm just using one strength feat as an example. i would have used the cruise ship feat instead but he was completely drenched during that so it wasn't valid for this fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought aquaman would take this for sure. Whats the speed difference between him and Logan? Cause the strength difference is pretty hi.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Marco_Kidd: Wolverine's speed is not one to underestimate.  I'll provide scans at the end of the post.

I never stated a shield strike would hurt him.  I said it would be felt, and that's true.  After all, an assault rifle round is capable of momentarily fazing him (caused his head to jerk from the strike).  Don't treat this as me saying Captain America will hold his own against Arthur or harm him.  It's merely pointing out the fact he has what it takes to provide a distraction. 

As for Wolverine's speed being at least enhanced level, here you go: 

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@drgnx: Aquaman has superhuman speed (i'm not sure how fast exactly on land) whereas Wolverine has peak human at best (though by all logic he should be slowed down by having an adamantium skeleton)

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@k4tzm4n: While the scans are impressive, besides the healing factor Wolverine has no other powers, and so is peak human at best (which Aquaman is far ahead of), and scans or no scans by all logic Logan should be slower due to his weight, the same reason he has always had a problem with swimming.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Marco_Kidd: Wolverine's strength level is also enhanced, by the way.  While yes, the adamantium does slow him down (in comparison to bone claws), it doesn't make him actually slow.  The above scans should prove that.  As I've already stated, N52 Aquaman hasn't done anything in regards to reflexes/speed/skill that would justify him being able to parry Wolverine and effectively dodge his strikes -- especially with Captain America thrown into the mix.
Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Marco_Kidd said:

@drgnx: Aquaman has superhuman speed (i'm not sure how fast exactly on land) whereas Wolverine has peak human at best (though by all logic he should be slowed down by having an adamantium skeleton)

Yeah, but as pointed out Wolverines strength is enhanced to compensate for the weight, I'm assuming he always had this strength and so was slowed down once he got the adamantium but was still fast overall. But I always thought he gained lifting strength from having a stronger skeletal structure so it balanced out in some ways.

N52 Aqua does not have many feats yet. I was curious on his pre-N52 speed feats, not relevant to this argument but still got t0 make a general assessment.

@k4tzm4n:

You could probably make a few characters in DCNU lose to wolverine with that argument, that probably shouldn't.

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@k4tzm4n: While your right that as far as i know he hasn't really displayed any speed feats on land unless you want to split hairs it can be generally assumed that he has superhuman speed on land because he always has throughout his history with the exception of his very earliest appearances. And besides while I'm aware it doesn't really count, his swimming speed seems to have become faster in the new 52 which strongly suggests an overall speed improvement.

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@drgnx: Even if wolverine was peak speed the adamantium would slow him down thus making him for simplicity's sake not peak human speed

MasterM0r0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MasterM0r0n

AQUAMAN

Aquaman pummels Wolverine's head inside out. K.O / Death

Aquaman catches Captain America's shield, throws it back and decapitates Cap'. DEATH

Aquaman is faster, stronger and more durable than both Captain America and Wolverine.

Aquaman wins.

p0st by,

Master M0r0n

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rpottage

Aquaman would take it easily. Captain America, while cool, doesn't stand a chance. The moment he throws his shield he's defenceless to Aquaman who is much stronger than Captain and would easily overwhelm him.

Wolverine, meanwhile, is greatly outclassed. His strength, durability, etc. are simply not on par with Aquaman. While his claws may be able to hurt Aquaman, they alone are not enough to overtake Aquaman; especially since is now strong and fast enough to shoot off into the air in a jump at great speeds. He also has his trident which allows for longer strikes and can be used for various effects. So ultimately it would be fairly simple for Aquaman.

And of course, just so there are no real objections, I'll point out that due to his new leaping abilitiy; it wouldn't be difficult for Aquaman to lure to the nearest body of water, and the Hudson isn't that far from Times Square.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

What has Aquaman got that Logan has not soaked? Like it or not, Wolverine has contained the Hulk. Consistently. Hulk has rarely 'one shot' Wolverine. And Hulk is a far more dangerous beast than Arthur. Aquaman doesn't have the healing factor to hang and soak more than a few good shots. And seriously, Wolverine has Arther outclassed in every which way hand to hand - so who'll win in a fist fight?

Outside of water, Wolverine is a terrible fight for Aquaman. And it's not like Captain America crumbles against heavy hitters in his own right. Someone brought up the Wrecking Crew. Almost makes me feel like posting the fight wherein Steve takes out Thunderball hand to hand.

Captain America is not a non issue. I don't believe he's ever been written as such, nor is he ever going to be written as such.

I really believe most folks peruse the dozen or so low end feat pics debaters like to use against Wolverine on the Vine out of his near 5000 showings then come to wrong conclusions about the character.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sandiego008

n52 aquaman loses .... pre n52 aquaman stomps.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

The Marvel team can take out Arthur.Aquaman has a physical advantage over them but they can play it out smart and win this.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By XiiX

Aquaman.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HushoftheWind

i guess we're gonna forget that Aquaman trident is in play and the fact he can use his telepathy to pretty much render the the team useless. Honestly, i think Aquaman wins in somewhat of an interesting fight. Cap is pretty much a distraction so Wolvie can land a hit, but i dont think thats enough take down Aquaman.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HushoftheWind

@Super_SoldierXII said:

What has Aquaman got that Logan has not soaked? Like it or not, Wolverine has contained the Hulk. Consistently. Hulk has rarely 'one shot' Wolverine. And Hulk is a far more dangerous beast than Arthur. Aquaman doesn't have the healing factor to hang and soak more than a few good shots. And seriously, Wolverine has Arther outclassed in every which way hand to hand - so who'll win in a fist fight?

Outside of water, Wolverine is a terrible fight for Aquaman. And it's not like Captain America crumbles against heavy hitters in his own right. Someone brought up the Wrecking Crew. Almost makes me feel like posting the fight wherein Steve takes out Thunderball hand to hand.

Captain America is not a non issue. I don't believe he's ever been written as such, nor is he ever going to be written as such.

I really believe most folks peruse the dozen or so low end feat pics debaters like to use against Wolverine on the Vine out of his near 5000 showings then come to wrong conclusions about the character.

While Aquaman maybe the King of the Sea, Cap is the King of PIS. Skill be damned, i dont see how Cap is taking one of the guys that give Thor trouble. Why do they even give Cap stats, the writers just break them all to hell anyway. I love Cap, i really do, but i do questioned a lot, whether or not is being catered to amongst marvel writers. And as far with Wolverine contesting with Hulk, yes Wolverine did consistently held his own against the Hulk, but it was a Hulk with no kind of battle prowess to him. Now Wolverine against a Hulk with a mind to him aka, World Breaker, Wolverine got destroyed with the rest of his X-men team including Juggernaut. And if you're keeping up with new 52 Aquaman, you would know that he is not all brawn. The man has devised a plan to take down the surface world and even noting to take out Batman immediately. Im in no way knocking Cap and Wolvie battle prowess, but Aquaman just outclasses them in the powers department, with his Trident and telepathy. And if the man can leap tall buildings like Superman and the Hulk im pretty sure his land speed can't be that bad

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Wolverine has gotten knockout by players like Punisher and Spiderman, hell, I've seen a few scans were normal people have manage to KO Wolverine. I hate the use of "he'll just keep coming back". Please. His healing factor doesn't prevent KOs. Aquaman should take this. Cap is really a factor in this, but honestly, neither is Wolverine.

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darkelf35

Aqua man wins this so easily its not even funny. one punch to either of them and its over Aqua man is alot faster than both of them so its easy for him to dodge around

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CaptainDoeo said:

Wolverine has gotten knockout by players like Punisher and Spiderman, hell, I've seen a few scans were normal people have manage to KO Wolverine. I hate the use of "he'll just keep coming back". Please. His healing factor doesn't prevent KOs. Aquaman should take this. Cap is really a factor in this, but honestly, neither is Wolverine.

You realize he's only been taken out by Punisher because of Ennis, right? The guy who has an open admittance to hating Wolverine. So that point is moot. And Wolverine has already soaked everything Parker has had before and soaked his hits plenty of time before that. Spider Ock KO'ing him isn't consistent so that point is moot as well.

iamthewolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iamthewolf88

I say Aquaman. Trident+TP+all of his other superhuman stats that place him with the other Leaguers in the first place. there is a reaon. His strength level is far greater than the armored car, considering how effortless it was. New52 doesn't have enough feats to really say beyond a shadow of a doubt he would win, but if he is even 1/10 of what he was, he wins. pretty easily.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dondave

Aquaman ftw