This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules/Settings

• No Trident for Aquaman
  • No Prep
  • On the Surface along the Pacific Coastline
  • During the Day
  • Fully Hydrated and Restored
  • Combatants start of 50 yards apart
  • New 52 Aquaman & Savage Wolverine (meaning all feats in continuity apply)
  • In Character
  • Win by KO/Submission
  • Oh yeah, and Wolverine slept in bed with Mera

who'd you think would win?

#2 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: how close to the coast are we talking?

#3 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@ckuakini: how close to the coast are we talking?

A border state located near the Pacific Ocean.

#4 Posted by KingOfAsh (3526 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I often hear people making jokes about how weak Aquaman is, I have a feeling that he's underestimated and he'd win.

#5 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is class low 100 or so. He isn't weak.

#6 Posted by SoA (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

if he can dodge logan's swings , aquaman knocks him to kansas, otherwise he is sushi. :p

#7 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

Aquaman is high class 100's as he's been able to knock around Superman level threats.

I know in a Namor vs Aquaman debate Aquaman came out on top and Namor trashed Wolverine before so im giving this to Aquaman

#8 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman sooooo easily this is a mismatch

#9 Edited by God_Spawn (37366 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

@Needlebay said:

Aquaman is high class 100's as he's been able to knock around Superman level threats.

I know in a Namor vs Aquaman debate Aquaman came out on top and Namor trashed Wolverine before so im giving this to Aquaman

Logan fighting Namor is irrelevant as both him and Aquaman are two different characters. And their exchanges have varied from Wolverine kicking the crap out of him with Namor be saved by John Walker, to Namor using assistance and distraction to down him after he was briefly downed by getting stabbed through the gut, and then a very sloppy "fight" if you would call it that on both of their parts with Namor not wanting to fight with Logan telling him to leave with his claws in Namor's face before Namor punched him and him helping Logan up which resulted in Wolverine stabbing him in the chest and Namor retreating to a pool and by utilizing the water, the terrain around the pool, and his flight, he managed to incapacitate Wolverine by hitting him so hard Logan said he liquified his organs, yet Logan was fine and healing after and still bad mouthing Namor. And considering Logan has taken plenty of body blows from Namor level characters and up without being incapacitated like this, I wouldn't call much to attention to it. So I don't see why their fights would really matter here whether someone is using it for or against Aquaman,

#10 Posted by dondave (34595 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman ftw

#11 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins.

#12 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#13 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman gets heavily wounded, but KOs wolverine.

#14 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingOfAsh: @Needlebay: @daak1212: Aquaman's a top-tier powerhouse ranked amongst Superman, Wonder Woman, & Martian Manhunter. His Atlantean royal blood allows him to possess such exceptional superhuman powers and abilities. Although both are brute powerhouses, Wolverine's advantage over Aquaman that'll play a huge role in this fight are his regenerative healing factors, enhanced agility and bone claws. However, Aquaman does have the upper hand when it comes to his telepathic abilities to summon the ocean and sea creatures. He also bears really tough skin, durable enough to withstand the sharpest objects and heaviest ammunition, which I believe will play a huge effect on the battle; but I believe both their strength and endurance are of close comparison, and their individual abilities will depict the outcome of this fight.

@god_spawn: This is probably one of the most controversial fights for Aquaman and that's why I wanted to see what the community's standpoint on this was, knowing that Namor apparently defeated Wolverine in the Marvel Universe. Again, like you said they are two completely different characters with diverse set of abilities/powers; and I know both of these two are NEVER going to bump heads with each other any time soon, so I really wanted to make this match-up happen. We'll just have to see how this debate turns out!

@SavageDragon: @age_of_ultron_Prime2000: @Stronger: @dondave: @darkelf35: @SoA: @NeonGameWave: @Sylvain: @iamthewolf88:

#15 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has Wolverine koed.

#16 Posted by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

mindrape....

#17 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say aquaman drowns him but not before Logan gives him a new set of gills.

#18 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#19 Posted by KingOfAsh (3526 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, there are a LOT of jokes about Aquaman. I was tricked by them too, untill I became more learned on comics.

#20 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

The pic is of New 52 Aquaman and he probably loses. Out of water with no trident he loses this 6/10, he has no mind rape ( that's Pre 52) and has been shown to be cut by high caliber bullets.He has the speed and strength to pummel Wolverine though but one good swipe by Logan and he could be gutted. This would be a hard fight but I give it to Logan unless Aquaman could get him close enough to water and drown his little ass. For those using ABC logic from the Namor fights, Namor can fly ( Arthur can't) and used that to his advantage in some of their encounters, that gives him a huge advantage over Logan that Aquaman does'nt possess.

#21 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends if Aquaman can take a full hits from Logan's claws but I still think Aquaman has this.

#22 Edited by laflux (14299 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Giving Logan the Benefit of the doubt when this question was first posed, but Aquaman has been very impressive IMO, so I am inclined to give him the edge. Still close though.

#23 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

AM smashes

#24 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

AQ.

Even without the trident he just tosses Wolverine through a building or something.

Or drops a ship on him.

#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (36454 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'm inclined to barely favor Wolverine here. While Aquaman is obviously significantly stronger and one clean connect can potentially end it, it's also possible that Wolverine can endure said hit and keep on trucking after he gets back up. On the flip side, Aquaman may be very durable, but those claws will have no issue damaging him (after all, an assault rifle round drew blood in issue #1). Assuming Wolverine isn't fighting like a buffoon (which, to be fair, he'd be inclined to do for a few matches out of the 10), I'd say he has the skill and means to take Arthur down. It won't be easy and it'll definitely be a close win/loss ratio, but I think he has what it takes in this setting.

Staff
#26 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: That's very plausible. Wolverine is used to going up against stronger opponents and taking a beating but keep on coming, but I'd argue that AQ is much faster and more skilled and strategic than the majority of the "tanks" Logan usually fights (Colossus, Juggs , Hulk, etc). I can't see him letting Wolvie go crazy with the claws, since that would be extremely stupid and unstrategic on his side.

#27 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: @laflux: @k4tzm4n:@WaveMotionCannon: The first question going into this fight is: Does Aquaman's tough skin durability have what it takes to withstand Wolverine's indestructible metal bone claws from slashing him down to fish fillet? Will his Atlantean scale mail armor suit help give him the extra layer of protection needed to endure Wolverine's bone claws? Remember, Logan's claws are reinforced with metal adamantium, capable of cutting through almost any material including metal - depending on how much force he could exert and the thickness of the object. Almost the entire body of Logan's completely filled with metal adamantium which allows him to have enhanced regeneration and extreme physical power and strength, as well. However, Aquaman does have Atlantean Royalty running through his blood and give him the powers of superhuman abilities such as his strength, endurance, durability, senses, and strong telepathy - far surpass the levels of a normal Atlantean.

#28 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5187 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckuakini

@MrShway88: @laflux: @k4tzm4n:@WaveMotionCannon: The first question going into this fight is: Does Aquaman's tough durability have what it takes to withstand Wolverine's indestructible metal bone claws from slashing him down to fish fillet? Will his Atlantean scale mail armor suit help give him the extra layer of protection needed to endure Wolverine's bone claws? Remember, Logan's claws are reinforced with metal adamantium, capable of cutting through almost any material including metal - depending on how much force he could exert and the thickness of the object. Almost the entire body of Logan's is completely filled with metal adamantium which allows him to have enhanced regeneration and extreme physical power and strength, as well. However, Aquaman does have Atlantean Royalty running through his blood and allows him to have superhuman abilities such as his strength, endurance, durability, senses, and strong telepathy - far surpass the levels of a normal Atlantean.

I pm'ed you by mistake. I think Aquaman 'a armor may withstand some slashing but definitely won't resist being punctured by those claws if Logan gets close enough to stab him.
#29 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Im really not sure about this one. Aquaman is much stronger but idk how close he could get to Logan without becoming sliced fish. Im temped to say Wolvie

#30 Posted by comic_book_fan (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine will win but it will be one hell of a fight.

#31 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#32 Posted by Wardemon32 (4104 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#33 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman should win here. He's slowly becoming more of a badass in comics.

#34 Posted by BlackWind (5597 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

Aquaman should win here. He's slowly becoming more of a badass in comics.

What do you mean slowly? He's always been a badass in comics. It's just Superfriends, which aired 30+ years ago that gave him a bad reputation.

#35 Posted by God_Spawn (37366 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Honestly, I'm inclined to barely favor Wolverine here. While Aquaman is obviously significantly stronger and one clean connect can potentially end it, it's also possible that Wolverine can endure said hit and keep on trucking after he gets back up. On the flip side, Aquaman may be very durable, but those claws will have no issue damaging him (after all, an assault rifle round drew blood in issue #1). Assuming Wolverine isn't fighting like a buffoon (which, to be fair, he'd be inclined to do for a few matches out of the 10), I'd say he has the skill and means to take Arthur down. It won't be easy and it'll definitely be a close win/loss ratio, but I think he has what it takes in this setting.

#36 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

I pm'ed you by mistake. I think Aquaman 'a armor may withstand some slashing but definitely won't resist being punctured by those claws if Logan gets close enough to stab him.

@UltraSuperTrooper:

I believe Aquaman's tough skin durability and suit - known to have withstand some of the most predominant objects - is a big advantage for him and will enable Arthur to get inside of reach of Wolverine couple times before Logan has a chance to cut through his suit, and skin. His ability to be unaffected by immense pressure and cold temperature of the ocean depths gives him exceptional durability, tough enough to be practically be invulnerable to almost every metal material. With the agility of both combatants, we'll definitely be seeing some close range contact which Logan has somewhat the upper hand considering his close-range slashers and regenerative healing, if he does get hit with an attack from Aquaman. However, he's going to have to touch Aquaman first in order to slice him open, knowing that both have the same comparison in agility, strength and reflexes. Aquaman, apparently has the advantage with his defensive attributes during close range combat and will help him not get sliced open on the first contact. Logan is an obvious expertise when it comes down to hunting and getting in range of an opposing enemy to conflict damage, but will Aquaman's enhanced durability, intellectual senses, and speed help him out if they get into range of striking? @comic_book_fan: @god_spawn: @BlackWind: @comicace3: @kingsloth: @Wardemon32:

#37 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed and agility will also play a huge role in close-range combat. Aquaman's said to be the fastest being underwater and capable of swimming at a constant speed of 175 mph for several hours. He can swim at very high speeds, having the ability to reaching speeds of 10,000 feet per second and can swim up Niagara Falls. With these features from the water, on land he is depicted to be much agile, having the amount of weight of the ocean lifted off his shoulders. However, Wolverine also has a keen sense of speed and reflexes as he's seen matching up to Spider-Man's agility (even he said that Logan's the better guy against himself). He's also depicted to be faster than the eye could follow and is exaggeratively known to take the guns out of his enemies hands before they could even pull the trigger.

#38 Posted by RazzaTazz (9481 posts) - - Show Bio

I would tend towards Aquaman, he can use his powers in more adaptive ways.

#39 Posted by ComicStooge (12044 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Aquaman, he's too strong, his durability should hold out long enough (coupled with his armor) to KO Logan. If he gets into trouble, he can always throw him in the ocean.

#40 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably say Aquaman but only just Aquaman would probably get dehydrated towards the end but I think he would win against Wolverine

#41 Posted by Blackice709 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan guts this fish.

#42 Posted by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman takes this and Mera wouldn't sleep with Logan. She'd dehydrate him to death.

#43 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5187 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckuakini

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@UltraSuperTrooper:

I believe Aquaman's tough skin durability and suit - known to have withstand some of the most predominant objects - is a big advantage for him and will enable Arthur to get inside of reach of Wolverine couple times before Logan has a chance to cut through his suit, and skin. His ability to be unaffected by immense pressure and cold temperature of the ocean depths gives him exceptional durability, tough enough to be practically be invulnerable to almost every metal material. With the agility of both combatants, we'll definitely be seeing some close range contact which Logan has somewhat the upper hand considering his close-range slashers and regenerative healing, if he does get hit with an attack from Aquaman. However, he's going to have to touch Aquaman first in order to slice him open, knowing that both have the same comparison in agility, strength and reflexes. Aquaman, apparently has the advantage with his defensive attributes during close range combat and will help him not get sliced open on the first contact. Logan is an obvious expertise when it comes down to hunting and getting in range of an opposing enemy to conflict damage, but will Aquaman's enhanced durability, intellectual senses, and speed help him out if they get into range of striking? @comic_book_fan: @god_spawn: @BlackWind: @comicace3: @kingsloth: @Wardemon32:

We've seen Aquaman cut and bruised by handgun and rifle fire recently so that disproves your theory of him being immune to most metals. Aquaman is MORE than strong enough and fast enough to KO Logan if given the chance but Logan is stronger (1-2 ton range because if his musculature adapting to the adamantiums weight) than given credit for and inhumanly fast ( even faster without adamantium , you can do a "boneclaw" Logan vs. next). Without the Trident to maintain range and parry Logan's attacks unless Aquaman's extremely lucky enough to get in a one shot KO I think eventually he gets gutted.
#44 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon: Yeah the more I think about this the more I go with Wolverine. Wolvie has gone toe to toe with Hulk on multiple occasions and has never been 1 hited. And Hulk is much stronger than Aquaman. The only way aquaman wins is if he is EXTREMELY lucky and one hits him somehow. Wolverine wins though

#45 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

this would be a very close fight but I'm giving Logan a slight majority. Aquaman is stronger and very durable but I don't think he would do very well against 2 -3 well placed blows.

#46 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Aquaman is powerful I still see Wolverine winning

#47 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

If Aquaman gets Wolverine to the ocean he drowns him.

How to Kill Wolverine
#48 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti said:

How to Kill Wolverine

If Aquaman gets Wolverine to the ocean he drowns him.

Nice reference bro. Anybody has feats of Wolverine on panel and/or scans?

#49 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine still takes this.

Aquaman, outside of water, is just another brick to be put down. Doesn't have the hand to hand to deal with Logan (unless he forgoes skill and goes all 'raar'). Wolverine should have claws through face before fishface realizes he's six feet under.

#50 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

I remember Giving Logan the Benefit of the doubt when this question was first posed, but Aquaman has been very impressive IMO, so I am inclined to give him the edge. Still close though.

Love to challenge you on this one if you're up for it.

Why does Arthur put Logan down before eating one clean right cross to the face?