god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#51 god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@stayclassymarvel:

Anyone who legitimately thinks Wolverine could penetrate Aquaman's skin, much less get close enough to even touch him with TP is either a retard or an overly-biased Marvel fan boy.

Yeah, none of this is necessary. No need for the insults so don't do it again.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By GhostRavage

@stayclassymarvel: Tell me 1 thing Wolverine hasn't been able to stab with his claws... Im really curious...

EDIT! Excluding Cap's Shield

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dondave: Not that it would actually work... But yeah, he can do that...

Why wouldn't it work?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@stayclassymarvel: Tell me 1 thing Wolverine hasn't been able to stab with his claws... Im really curious...

EDIT! Excluding Cap's Shield

Mjolnir.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@ghostravage said:

@dondave: Not that it would actually work... But yeah, he can do that...

Why wouldn't it work?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Well... Hulk pretty much forces him to stab himself in the head, and he just pull his claws out and keeps fighting...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#56  Edited By SOG7dc

I cant believ anyone thinks wolverine would even have a chance here

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@ghostravage: Yeaaah, major PIS there or a complete artistic mistake. Thinking a weakening Hulk should penetrate adamantium is silly. Especially considering the garbage and completely inconsistent run that Aaron had with the Hulk. If people actually trust that showing then they must also accept the fact that Wolverine can apparently regrow adamantium then.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Author's telepathy could just send Logan into a seizure.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GhostRavage

@god_spawn: Im not saying i support that horrible run... But hey, it happened :D

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Im not saying i support that horrible run... But hey, it happened :D

That count's as an incapacitation and is one of the parameters for winning the fight

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@ghostravage: Just because something happens doesn't mean it is usable. What Hulk did there by stabbing him in the brain is incredibly inconsistent and more than likely Aaron's hack sense of humor trading in for consistency in his comics again or it was an artistic mistake that they just rolled with with probably trying to get the eyes. By the logic of something happened, I should be able to start using Wolverine one shotting the Hulk, a snake can beat the Hulk, or a guardian gorilla that Hulk couldn't beat in a few moves yet Shanna the She-Devil came in and one shotted it away.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@dondave said:

@ghostravage said:

That count's as an incapacitation and is one of the parameters for winning the fight

I agree he can force him to stab him in the brain through the eyes, but not the way the Hulk did like GR was suggesting.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dondave

@dondave said:

@ghostravage said:

I agree he can force him to stab him in the brain through the eyes, but not the way the Hulk did like GR was suggesting.

I agree,maybe under his ribs or through hid eye sockets

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Hahaha, im kidding man, i know some things can be debunked (if im using that term the right way)... However if Wolverine could be put down by stabbing himself in the head, wouldn't Magneto have done it way before?...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@ghostravage: I'm pretty sure he did that once. Can't remember if that story was canon or not.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

You know, I keep seeing people saying "Well, Aquaman would just hit Wolverine." Okay.. I'm sure he would. If Wolverine doesn't block it. I don't understand that part.

What would stop Wolverine from just blocking Aquaman's blow with his claws, and then just cutting off his fist. I'm not putting Aquaman down, this fight could go in multiple ways, just like any battle. I just don't see the point of saying "Well, Aquaman can just hit him and that's it.".

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By GhostRavage

@god_spawn: Oh well, as far as i know, that shouldn't work on Wolverine... I could be wrong though.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@god_spawn: Oh well, as far as i know, that shouldn't work on Wolverine... I could be wrong though.

Stabbing himself through the eyes is what I meant, I guess. Magneto in some story made him do that. Through the skull is something entirely different and that has not been done. Aside from the hack job that was Aaron's Hulk run.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I think i misunderstood your statement about my scans... I was referring to stabbing Wolverine in the head not being a viable way to actually put him down. But the whole plot of Hulk doing it through the skull is indeed a whole different thing. Anyway, what do you think if those scans didn't show Wolverine being stabbed through the skull but through the eyes?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@ghostravage: Then Wolverine being taken out like that would be a viable option. If Wolverine takes enough brain damage, he gets taken out, that's been pretty consistent among his career. Having 2 foot long claws stabbed into the back of skull by a super strong character isn't something he should immediately shrug off. When Hulk did it, he was still down for almost 2 pages before getting back up.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#71 vance_astro  Moderator

OOC Wolverine would beat Aquaman with his eyes closed.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 the_red_viper  Moderator

Anyone who legitimately thinks Wolverine could penetrate Aquaman's skin, much less get close enough to even touch him with TP is either a retard or an overly-biased Marvel fan boy. Why do people always forget that Arthur has near Superman level power?

Actually- I'll admit adamantium could maybe cut Arthur's skin, but that groovy orange armor- not gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure that Adamantium would get through his armor.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By Raw_Material

Just to clear things up with Aquaman's strength level, I have scan showcasing Aquaman's strength during the era with his harpoon hand, as he's shown to lift and throw a submerged tank from in the water which definitely weighs more than 50+ tons of weight. He's also able to take on powerhouses such as Superboy, Power Ring, and the Deep Six who all have 100+ ton strength levels. So as far as strength prowess goes, Aquaman is far more superior to Wolverine who only could lift up to 2-4 tons of weight. Although, it's definitely good enough force to puncture Aquaman in the chest with his admantium claws - if he's able to get into close range to strike. However, Aquaman has the edge in this department.

No Caption Provided

As for speed, most of his feats comes from in the water as he's able to reach speeds up to Mach 10. However, it's been told that he's able to move at mach 5 out of the water. Here's a scan of Aquaman chasing down sting ray missiles that go mach speeds. Although, I think Wolverine has the advantage as to speed on land terrain and believe if he gets close enough could serious damage Aquaman even with his tough skin durability (admantium claws *cough*). Anyone has any scans of Logan's agility?! I know he has some pretty impressive feats, just can't get a hold of them.

No Caption Provided

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 the_red_viper  Moderator

Just to clear things up with Aquaman's strength level, I have scan showcasing Aquaman's strength during the era with his harpoon hand, as he's shown to lift and throw a submerged tank from in the water which definitely weighs more than 50+ tons of weight. He's also able to take on powerhouses such as Superboy, Power Ring, and the Deep Six who all have 100+ ton strength levels. So as far as strength prowess goes, Aquaman is far more superior to Wolverine who only could lift up to 2-4 tons of weight. Although, it's definitely good enough force to puncture Aquaman in the chest with his admantium claws - if he's able to get into close range to strike. However, Aquaman has the edge in this department.

No Caption Provided

As for speed, most of his feats comes from in the water as he's able to reach speeds up to Mach 10. However, it's been told that he's able to move at mach 5 out of the water. Here's a scan of Aquaman chasing down sting ray missiles that go mach speeds. Although, I think Wolverine has the advantage as to speed on land terrain and believe if he gets close enough could serious damage Aquaman even with his tough skin durability (admantium claws *cough*). Anyone has any scans of Logan's agility?! I know he has some pretty impressive feats, just can't get a hold of them.

No Caption Provided

In water there are few who can match Aquaman, and Wolverine is not among them. But this fight is out of water so those scans don't really help him here.

Anywho, he's a confirmed 60+ out of water so that's ok I guess.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone in this thread. Go read Throne of Atlantis and tell me Wolverine wins this.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Out of the water, he was able to move oil rigs and lift up city buses. IIRC this is the time when he had his harpoon. Again, it's stated he's able to reach mach 5 out of the water. I have lots of scans before he was equipped with his harpoon that justifies my statement. I'm somewhat limited with the scans I have with his harpoon hand, but again I want to see more Wolverine scans! That's pretty much way I wanted to make this thread in the first place, to see some cool feats of Logan's.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone in this thread. Go read Throne of Atlantis and tell me Wolverine wins this.

The OP is set to Pre-52 Aquaman, but I catch your drift ^__^

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@raw_material said:

@the_red_viper: Out of the water, he was able to move oil rigs and lift up city buses. IIRC this is the time when he had his harpoon. Again, it's stated he's able to reach mach 5 out of the water. I have lots of scans before he was equipped with his harpoon that justifies my statement. I'm somewhat limited with the scans I have with his harpoon hand, but again I want to see more Wolverine scans! That's pretty much way I wanted to make this thread in the first place, to see some cool feats of Logan's.

I'm pretty sure he did all that IN water.But I'm positive he's class 60+.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Raw_Material

@the_red_viper: Found it. Had to go digging for them, but yea he's on the surface for this feat. However, it's before he lost his hand. Although, he did this while they kept the water on him, it's a pretty impressive feat on land. His lifting strength is definitely somewhere around 60+ tons. Can't say the same for Wolverine, though he probably has some really cool agility feats. I remember seeing some pretty brutal ones of him when he uses his claws to do work on his opponents. These scans also show his tough durability as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i think people are missing the point,the thread said will by knock out one upper cut wolverines done, not only is aquaman durable but he also has armor on.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Atlantean scale-mail armory from their ancient artifacts IIRC, or so they mention in the New 52 series. But Wolverine will be able to break through it with his admantium claws if he's even given a chance to get into range to strike.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many Marvel fanboys here arguing without really proving anything. "WOLVERINE CAN SLICE HIM UP REAL GOOD HERPADERP NO CHANCE AQUAMAN JOKE HERO"

Aquaman is FAR stronger and is also pretty damn durable. Knocks Logan out in one punch easy-peasy. He'll probably get a coupla cuts in the process, but he still wins pretty easy. Logan isn't fast enough to avoid getting tagged completely.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: true but aqauaman can just lift up the ground wolverine is standing on, send wolverine flying towards him, and punch him straight in the skull with a 40 ton hit k o.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

TP wins this for Aquaman , otherwise theirs a strong possibility of him losing an appendage in close H2H combat. He can definitely hurt Wolverine but he's not one shot KOing him either, Logan's fought Hulk and Thing and wasn't one shotted. The man got slammed through a pool by Namor, commented on how the impact liquified his organs and was like "gimme a minute" to heal for round 2. The claws will go through his armor which has been shredded before as well as his skin, so Aquamans susceptible to getting cut in close, but if he gets his hands on Wolverine and does the WWH hulk and slams his head into the ground enough times to liquefy his brains, Arthur wins.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Raw_Material

@patrat18: That's true about the one hit KO. He's been able to put some damage on Superboy, Power Ring and the Deep Six who are all powerhouses exceeding strength levels of 100+ tons. But think about Wolverine's reach advantage with his claws. Will he be able to counter a few of Aquaman's strikes and put some holes into him. Or will he have no chance?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Raw_Material

@patrat18: But IIRC, Wolverine's been able to tank punches from a quite a few powerhouses himself.

Anyone has any scans of Wolverine's feats?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By patrat18

@raw_material: good point but if aquaman was like mera he could call the water to him and wipe out wolverine i don't think he can can he?

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOC Wolverine would beat Aquaman with his eyes closed.

Out of character Wolverine??? What does OOC mean? Anyways, Wolverine has tanked hits from characters stronger than Aquaman so Curry one-shotting him is a stretch, idk why people are saying that. Also I believe we should look to Wolverine's showings against Namor as a point of reference. Those should be a good indication of how this fight should go.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Raw_Material

@patrat18: Yea his control over the ocean and sea life makes him one of the most powerful and successful telepathy, alongside Martian Manhunter... and Squirrel Girl for that matter. At this time, it was much greater than New 52 Mera's hydrokinesis. But again, in the OP listed there is no outside help and that includes the ocean.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_slayor said:

....Also I believe we should look to Wolverine's showings against Namor as a point of reference. Those should be a good indication of how this fight should go.

Any scans of their encounter(s) would be great.

@wavemotioncannon said:

TP wins this for Aquaman , otherwise theirs a strong possibility of him losing an appendage in close H2H combat. He can definitely hurt Wolverine but he's not one shot KOing him either, Logan's fought Hulk and Thing and wasn't one shotted. The man got slammed through a pool by Namor, commented on how the impact liquified his organs and was like "gimme a minute" to heal for round 2. The claws will go through his armor which has been shredded before as well as his skin, so Aquamans susceptible to getting cut in close, but if he gets his hands on Wolverine and does the WWH hulk and slams his head into the ground enough times to liquefy his brains, Arthur wins.

Well said.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_slayor: true but look at it this way,aquaman and hit as hard as superman,so if he hits wolverine with an uppercut he would go pretty high, and mabe the hit dosesn't knock him out but the fall will thus KO.

SpiritedAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much wolverine fanboying in this thread....why do people think he is simultaneously stronger, more agile, faster and more durable than any other character out there...he really isn't. Every time i see someone say "what could X weapon possibly do to wolverine, he would just heal it off." No...average weapons and even nerve chops fuck wolvie up all the damn time

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even without his TP aquaman stands a chance and with it, he can clinch a victory, easily.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Aquaman doesn't hit ANYWAY NEAR as hard as Supes and Wolverines walked away from falling out of a plane with no parachute so....

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: whats stopping aquaman from punching him again while he,s falling?when wolverine falls he has to put his bones back in place, which aquman can just knock him out with a serious blow to the skull.

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Wolverine isn't going to simply let Aquaman hit him, that's like me saying "what's stopping Wolverine from simply chopping off Aquaman's head? Or impaling him through his heart?" Not to mention I'm still very skeptical about Aquaman having the striking power to KO Logan anyways.

@spiritedaway: Oh boy, there's that brainwashed, low end, Wolverine enemy of the state scan everyone likes to throw out. Anyways, I doubt Aquaman has knowledge of nerve strikes so I don't even see how that scan is relevant.

SpiritedAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SpiritedAway

@dark_slayor: The point of the scan is to show that despite what many fanboys seem to think, wolverine is not immune to damage and pain...so many people seem to think hes immune to anything from being stabbed, tattical nuclear strikes, mind fuckery, etc etc that scan just shows that he isn't immortal or invurnable. While his healing factor is strong, it's not the strongest out there, and he cant walk through all forms of damage all lucy elfen lied style. If you hit him right you can seriously mess him up. Sometimes all it takes is a swift chop to the throat

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@spiritedaway:

So, Elektra and Daredevil are fast enough to both blitz and land critical hits on Wolverine, eh? For that reason alone, I stand by my original position: Aquaman blitzes in and "scruff grabs" Wolverine and either

• Suffocates him in 2-3 inches of topsoil right there on the butte top they're fighting on. Or,
  • "Scruff grabs" Logan and swandives straight to Atlantis. Either way, since Logan (or is it Thomas?) is nowhere near strong enough to break Arthur's grip. He gurgles and dies.

Or he cuts his brain off like a light switch. Either way.