• 90 results
#51 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

@the_red_viper: How often does Art use TP? Does he use it in every encounter he's in much like Spidey using webbing?

That's not the point. If Aquaman is in a problem, I see no reason why he wouldn't mind-rape poor Peter. He can win without even using TP, but he can easily do it.

But that is the point and its a legit question. How often has NU Art used TP in combat against an opponent? And without TP and the fight taking place in an city environment, this could very well be a great battle

I don't have the other scan, but Namor got lucky cause Peter made a mistake knocked Namor into a water tower. The advantage quickly shifted in Namor's favor

#52 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#53 Posted by RogueShadow (11914 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. He is simply above Peter in terms of power levels. Add Telepathy he dominates.

#54 Posted by frogdog (3537 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by dondave (38893 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#56 Posted by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

AQ stomps, without breaking a sweat.

Way stronger (class 100+), fast enough (if not faster in pure speed-not agility,check the WW vs AQ tussle in Throne of Atlantis), much more durable (bulletproof, can tank WW's punches), better fighter (trained warrior, although Spidey got some training from IF if I'm not mistaken), plus he can leap like the Hulk (so Spidey's mobility won't bother him).

Throw in the Trident and Spidey is out of his class.

Check for his strength and speed while he fights Supes and WW.

This is a mismatch.

neither one of these are sped feats and he's in water anyway spidey stands a chance a veryslim one but a chance he is a 15-25tonner who is faster and more agile then aquaman with martial arts training and his spidey sense (omnipresence) giving him the ability to daodge every thing am throws at him power isnt really everything and thats somew am has over spidey this fight wouldn't be about who can take the most hits but who can last the longest and i give that to spidey taking blows from hulk and the like and thae fact he is faster then aquaman he just has to bide his time till aquaman is easier to handle but for a straight slug fest heah aquaman got it

#57 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps, still

#58 Posted by hawkblade9 (14 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Edited by jashro44 (25410 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman does get stomped but I disagree with the use of aquamans fight with Wonder Woman and superman. All he did was punch them and knock them off balance. As for him moving a super speed it seems to be the speed of a blur. The hulk has pulled that off yet he was recently danced around by daredevil. Aquaman still wins due to durability but I really don't think he did much against Wonder Woman and superman.

#60 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2091 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins but Spidey might have the speed and Agility to take him down. but all it takes is a couple hit's from Aquaman and Spidey is down though.

#61 Edited by sync1 (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Aquaman does not have telepathy, as far as i know of. He can only communicate to fish/animals.

#62 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

@the_red_viper: Aquaman does not have telepathy, as far as i know of. He can only communicate to fish/animals.

You're wrong. He's a very strong telepath (not Xavier level or anything of course, but still). He made a man kill himself using TP, and has also caused people to have seizures and stuff.

#63 Posted by BigCimmerian (8841 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep is the major factor here considering that Spidey is genius, but fully hydrated Aquaman is capable of liting thousands of tons. Arthur will take solid majority here.

#64 Posted by sync1 (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

You're wrong. He's a very strong telepath (not Xavier level or anything of course, but still). He made a man kill himself using TP, and has also caused people to have seizures and stuff.

When was this? This is new 52

#65 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

New Aquaman can send Superman flying with one punch. This is spite.

#66 Posted by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins by means of sharknado.

#67 Posted by Schmalzel (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

Aquaman has the strength. Spidey has the speed. I might have to go with spidey cause of the ranged attacks, speed, and he's still what? a 30 tonner?

Aquaman on dry land is a 60 tonner more or less. I'm gonna have to go with Aquaman for this one. Also, he has telepathy.

And Spidey is in the anywhere from 5-20 ton range and he fights guys who are in the 60 ton range a bit, but due to telepathy and his straight forward battle I'm going with Aquaman. Without Telepathy or Spider senses in a fight on land I'd go with Spidey, he is to quick and he does pack a wallop when he isn't holding back like he does when he fights most of his enemies.

#68 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Oh, this was pre-52, I'm not too familiar with Aquaman's New-52 telepathy. You should ask someone else.

#69 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: @the_red_viper: Aquaman's telepathy has been depowered in the New 52 series, however his full TP has yet to be determined. So far, he's only been able to indirectly communicate with sea life such as the Trench, whales, Topo, and the rest of the marine aquatics. His telepathy is able to reach as far as couple miles out in sea. I'm pretty sure we'll see more telepathic feats of his in the near future.

#70 Posted by sync1 (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: That's what i thought. I got confused for a second, l0l.

#71 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

It's not much of a stomp than people would like to admit. If Arthur choose to us TP than he will no doubt pull the solid majority. But if not, this could make for a good battle. Remember, this is in a city. And the Amazing one excels in a city and has an excellent track record at thinking fast on his feet. This is Namor fresh out of the water while Spidey was stricken to a ship

It's definitely not outside the realm of possibility for the Amazing One get a few wins against Arthur...providing of course Arthur choose not use TP

Aquaman is not Namor.

#72 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

It's definitely not outside the realm of possibility for the Amazing One get a few wins against Arthur...providing of course Arthur choose not use TP

If we throw in "or the Trident", then yes, I agree Spidey can take 3/10 or something, but even that is pretty darn iffy.

#73 Posted by Justiceavengers69 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to say Spider-Man but Aquaman wins this. I think Aquaman is too overpowered though... He has a magic hand, can control sea life, 100+ ton strength, control water, trident, swimming speeds of 6,800 mph. I think it is too much, it is unfair to anyone pretty much!

#74 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to say Spider-Man but Aquaman wins this. I think Aquaman is too overpowered though... He has a magic hand, can control sea life, 100+ ton strength, control water, trident, swimming speeds of 6,800 mph. I think it is too much, it is unfair to anyone pretty much!

New 52 Aquaman does not have waterhand nor can he control water like Mera. Everything else I think is about right, except I'm not too sure about his travel speed.

#75 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

It's not much of a stomp than people would like to admit. If Arthur choose to us TP than he will no doubt pull the solid majority. But if not, this could make for a good battle. Remember, this is in a city. And the Amazing one excels in a city and has an excellent track record at thinking fast on his feet. This is Namor fresh out of the water while Spidey was stricken to a ship

Aquaman is not Namor.

You can't deny that they are similar in many ways. Other than the fact one can fly and the other commands sea life. They are similar

#76 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

If we throw in "or the Trident", then yes, I agree Spidey can take 3/10 or something, but even that is pretty darn iffy.

Oh, its not really iffy at all. Here is another example of the Amazing One

Remember, Spidey has beaten people like Juggernaut and Hulk in an city environment. This fight is clearly not a stomp and definitely not outside the realm of possibility for Spidey to beat New AC

#77 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@demonyusuke713: Yeah no.

a) Aquaman does not get weaker out of water. So Spider-man is not outlasting him.

b) Aquaman covers a distance and charges WW and Orm without flying or swimming, extremely fast, so unless AQ can teleport or something, he does so under his own speed.

c) even in a city environment Aquaman can travel extremely fast via leaping.

Here he hears some noise while he is in the harbor of Boston and is able to intercept the robbers while the heist is in progress.

Also Aquaman is a trained warrior, far more mobile than most of Spidey's rogues and physically superior to him, unlike most of Spidey's villains who are usually physically inferior to him (Mysterio, Vulture, Kraven, Shocker, Chameleon), physically superior but slow or stupid (Rhino, Lizard, Scorpion, Juggernaut) or superior but with very exploitable flaws (the symbiotes and noise, Morbious is a vamp, etc).

Aquaman is none of the above and barring a huge amount of PIS he takes this.

And by PIS I means Spiderman beating Firelord or KOing Hulk with a truck.

#78 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#79 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wrecks Spider-Man.

#80 Posted by dondave (38893 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by ArmedTron (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps hard

#82 Posted by patrat18 (10848 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps. Why is this spite thread still going.

#83 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18949 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins fairly easily. Anyone who thinks Spidey wins needs to take another look at Arthur. Lock this I say.

#85 Posted by TheBattleCalculatot (367 posts) - - Show Bio

This would definitely be close, however Aquaman's more powerful.

Aquaman wins 7/10.

#86 Edited by BlackWind (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Aquaman.

Not close at all.

#87 Posted by LEGACY6364 (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps hard.

This isn't a close call.

#88 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7039 posts) - - Show Bio

spite

#89 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

Jmarshmallow

#90 Edited by aquaman01 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite.

C'mon, AQ has more of a chance giving Superman a beat down than Spidey doing that to AQ lol.

Unless given tons of prep (Need lot more than a hour), Spidey has zero chances.