• Morals On
  • Peter Parker Given Hour Prep
  • Aquaman's Fully Hydrated
  • Unpopulated City Location
  • Win by KO/Submission

Vs

#2 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has the strength. Spidey has the speed. I might have to go with spidey cause of the ranged attacks, speed, and he's still what? a 30 tonner?

#4 Edited by GhostRavage (9419 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Aquaman has water near? If so, he wins without much effort, if not, he still wins via telepathy...

#5 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has the strength. Spidey has the speed. I might have to go with spidey cause of the ranged attacks, speed, and he's still what? a 30 tonner?

I'd have to know how strong Aquaman is. If he's anywhere close to Pre-52, it's gonna be a short match.

#6 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

I'd have to know how strong Aquaman is. If he's anywhere close to Pre-52, it's gonna be a short match.

i like aquaman but id need to see speed feats for him cause spidey is really hard to hit

#7 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps

#8 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I agree Peter Parker does have greater senses than Aquaman has, spider senses to be exact. However, is Aquaman far more superior for Spider-Man to overcome? I think Spidey is a 2-4 tonner, while Aquaman is a 20-40 tonner who also possesses very high durability in his tools of physical attributes.

#9 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman on dry land is a 60 tonner more or less. I'm gonna have to go with Aquaman for this one. Also, he has telepathy.

#10 Edited by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a thread just like this but it was spock. I actually think spock stands a much better chance given his laxed morals, better tech/upgraded gear, and his drive.

As much as my inner fanboy wants to say spidey, he has been knocked off guard by thunderclaps and powerstomps before. Am has also hung with superman and wonderwoman. He is also fully hydrated and is vastly amped when that occurs. Am has superior strength and durability. Spidey has him on speed and manueverability.

Although parker can get in some incap wins via web spam. Some of me just died...

#11 Edited by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I agree Peter Parker does have greater senses than Aquaman has, spider senses to be exact. However, is Aquaman far more superior for Spider-Man to overcome? I think Spidey is a 2-4 tonner, while Aquaman is a 20-40 tonner who also possesses very high durability in his tools of physical attributes.

Spidey is a 10-15 tonner. If Aquaman is a 20-40 tonner then i'm pretty certain Spidey can take him.

#12 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material:

Aquaman's Class 100, Spidey's Class 20.

Spidey would flip around and punch him a bit and Arthur would be like 'dafuq is this kid?' and one-shot him.

#13 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Ouch... bye bye Spidey... :(

#14 Posted by dondave (38889 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey is a 30 tonner

aquaman is like 60 ton average but in water he is a fair bit over 100 tons maybe like 130 if not more

#16 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material:

Spidey would flip around and punch him a bit and Arthur would be like 'dafuq is this kid?' and one-shot him.

Spidey is definitely Class 10-15ish.

He was Class 20 after "The Other", Brand New Day brought him back down.

@dondave said:

@raw_material: @sufferthorn: Aquaman is not a 40 tonner, he is a confirmed 100 tonner. Where did you get 40 tonner from?

I thought he was stronger too, could you show me his Class 100 feats? New 52 that is.....and I will then concede that Spidey has no chance.

#17 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey is a 30 tonner

aquaman is like 60 ton average but in water he is a fair bit over 100 tons maybe like 130 if not more

In water he managed to lift a sunken street block (approx a few thousand tons).

#18 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@raw_material:

Spidey is definitely Class 10-15ish.

He was Class 20 after "The Other", Brand New Day brought him back down.

@dondave said:

@raw_material: @sufferthorn: Aquaman is not a 40 tonner, he is a confirmed 100 tonner. Where did you get 40 tonner from?

I thought he was stronger too, could you show me his Class 100 feats? New 52 that is.....and I will then concede that Spidey has no chance.

#19 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper:

Well i'm fairly sure that's WAY more than 100 tons.

Aquaman stomps.

#20 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material:

Lol! This made my night right here..

#22 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio
@dondave said:

I was talking about the New-52 Aquaman that time, which his full strength has yet to be determined. As compared to the Pre-52 Aquaman who is easily a class 100 considering he lifted objects weighing greater than 100 tons and took on such powerhouses in his Silver Age era.

#23 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

I was talking about the New-52 Aquaman that time, which his full strength has yet to be determined. As compared to the Pre-52 Aquaman who is easily a class 100 considering he lifted objects weighing greater than 100 tons and took on such powerhouses in his Silver Age era.

Dude didn't you see the scan I posted here, of Aquaman flipping a cruise ship? It's N52. And yeah I know his feet are in the water but it shouldn't be too different than a fully hydrated Aquaman fighting Spiderman on dry land.

#24 Edited by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@raw_material:

Lol! This made my night right here..

So...you made a spite thread.

#25 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@sufferthorn: ? Dafuq. I didn't purposely create a spite thread, jus wanted to see two of my favorite superheroes go toe-to-toe against each other with fans like me explain why one could beat the other.

#26 Posted by Hulk_Smashes_Everyone (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@sufferthorn: ? Dafuq. I didn't purposely create a spite thread, jus wanted to see two of my favorite superheroes go toe-to-toe against each other with fans like me explain why one could beat the other.

its a good battle man.

i dont think spidey wins but this guy has it kinda right except spidey loses

#27 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of feats does Arthur have without water being involved? The reason I ask is because the Amazing One has held his own against Namor in the past. Even held an advantage a couple of times

#28 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Fair enough, I apologize.

#29 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

What kind of feats does Arthur have without water being involved? The reason I ask is because the Amazing One has held his own against Namor in the past. Even held an advantage a couple of times

He is fully hydrated though, so it's not too relevant.

#30 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

AQ stomps, without breaking a sweat.

Way stronger (class 100+), fast enough (if not faster in pure speed-not agility,check the WW vs AQ tussle in Throne of Atlantis), much more durable (bulletproof, can tank WW's punches), better fighter (trained warrior, although Spidey got some training from IF if I'm not mistaken), plus he can leap like the Hulk (so Spidey's mobility won't bother him).

Throw in the Trident and Spidey is out of his class.

Check for his strength and speed while he fights Supes and WW.

This is a mismatch.

#31 Posted by patrat18 (10837 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: aquaman is a 80 toner out of water, he has way more experience in fighting than spidey,water 2 serious hits and the spider will be seriously injured. aquaman has armor on also he was able to be fast enough to stab darkseid in the eye

#32 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@raw_material: aquaman is a 80 toner out of water, he has way more experience in fighting than spidey,water 2 serious hits and the spider will be seriously injured. aquaman has armor on also he was able to be fast enough to stab darkseid in the eye

Actually no, that was Flash who helped him by throwing him at Darkseid.

But Aquaman DID penetrate Darkseid's armor (or skin or WTF that is) with his trident (with no help).

#33 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

What in the hell Aquaman would need to be fully hidrated,since the beginning of New 52 he moved to the surface, where he lived for years, he can go for months without going to the ocean.

#35 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman does beat Spider-Man rather easily here. He has the greater physical strength, durability and striking power over Spider-Man. So I doubt Peter can win here in a random encounter.

#36 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: And what if Parker was given an hour prep time, you think the fight would be slightly different?

#37 Posted by CheeseSticks (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite thread.

Aquaman stomps

#38 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Iron Fist, but now that I think of it, it was Shang Chi, not Iron Fist that trained Spidey for a while.

#41 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible Aquaman only lift that ship because he was in water, either way Spider-Man gets stomped.

#42 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

10 short ton-er (Not be confused with Metric Tons or English Long Tons).

#43 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible Aquaman only lift that ship because he was in water, either way Spider-Man gets stomped.

His feet were in the water, it's not too different than if he were fully hydrated on dry land.

#44 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not much of a stomp than people would like to admit. If Arthur choose to us TP than he will no doubt pull the solid majority. But if not, this could make for a good battle. Remember, this is in a city. And the Amazing one excels in a city and has an excellent track record at thinking fast on his feet. This is Namor fresh out of the water while Spidey was stricken to a ship

It's definitely not outside the realm of possibility for the Amazing One get a few wins against Arthur...providing of course Arthur choose not use TP

#45 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Peter does have good prep time feats. If given info about Arthur, he could come up with some freeze grenades or Horizon tech to earn him a win. Then again Aquaman could be fully hydrated for an hour so that would be hard to beat.

#46 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon: Why wouldn't he use telepathy? Plus the trident gives him a big advantage.

#47 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: How often does Art use TP? Does he use it in every encounter he's in much like Spidey using webbing?

#49 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

@the_red_viper: How often does Art use TP? Does he use it in every encounter he's in much like Spidey using webbing?

That's not the point. If Aquaman is in a problem, I see no reason why he wouldn't mind-rape poor Peter. He can win without even using TP, but he can easily do it.

#50 Posted by patrat18 (10837 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: yea i saw that,i did not mention it because he was in the water