#1 Edited by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League clash with the Justice League of America in Metropolis, its time for the JLA members to go after their targets.

Aquaman doesn't get prep time, but Hawkman does. Hawkman has been ordered to take down Aquaman if necessary kill him. So Hawkman won't be holding back, neither will Aquaman! If the US Government have Aquaman's weakness, Hawkman will be told.

Aquaman might need to try to avoid being as savage than Hawkman's.That could be his down fall. But doesn't mean Aquaman won't fight clear minded and calm. So it can be an advantage to either one!

Prep Time

Hawkman has prep time, (2 months) Aquaman doesn't.

Location They will be fighting in Metropolis

Weapons & Abilities

Aquaman

1. His Trident
  2. Superhuman strength
  3. telepathic ability to communicate with marine life

Savage Hawkman

1. Nth Metal grants him enhanced strength, and flight
  2. maces & shields
  3. super strength and resistance to injury

Versions

New 52

Keep in mind, before saying who wins read their CV wiki's to learn more. Under powers and abilities!

http://www.comicvine.com/hawkman/29-8337/new-52-hawkman-carter-hall-respect-thread/92-679040/?

Hawkman has show some new incredible powers in the new 52, such as

1. The Nth has a automatic database
  2. Able to sense a previous threat
  3. The Nth metal heals him really fast
  4. Change his weapons with just a thought
  5. Able to create fire from the Nth metal

http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman/29-2357/new-52-aquaman-respect-thread/92-670936/

Aquaman has show incredible strength and durability that will be his advantage.

#2 Posted by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Hawkman has the advantage in prep. JLA will be saving lives and training to work as a team. The JLA will be training in secret on how to beat the JL, so Hawkman will be training on how he's going to take down Aquaman.

#3 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep then I think Hawkman will take it. He is fast enough to fly down and maybe launch a sneak attack on Aquaman by swinging his mace at Aquaman's head. Plus a city environment is no real help to Aquaman.

I think a straight up fight with no prep for either one would be more even. Aquaman has the strength advantage, but Hawkman's armor provides decent shielding and he does have a flight advantage still.

It would be interesting to see how Aquaman's trident and Hawkman's nth metal weaponry match up.

#4 Posted by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@nj06: I'd love to see these two fight with Ivan Reis, he drew HM really cool in JL 17. I also have a Wonder Woman vs Katana :)

#5 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I too would like to see a Hawkman and Aquaman fight drawn by Ivan Reis. He can definitely capture the action and the emotion that a fight between these two would create.

I can see Hawkman havng an early advantage in the fight with his ferocity catching Aquaman be surprise initially. However, thanks to Aquaman's durability and strength, I think he can hold his own against Hawkman long enough to make the fight more even. His strength is capable is hurting Hawkman pretty badly if he gets in some good strikes.

#6 Posted by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@nj06: Yeah you make great points, thats why I can't wait till JL vs JLA happens. Probably won't have a confrontation for awhile, what do u think about Vibe vs Flash? Do u think he could cut off Barry from the speed force?

#7 Posted by Justice_League (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I think aquaman takes this but barely, his trident is magical and he might eventually blast him out the air if he tries to fly away and yh if aquaman gets some good hits, Hawkmans nth metal doesn't cover all his body, his ribs are shown so a couple good punches there and aqua man will win.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Justice_League: Blast him with what?

#9 Posted by Justice_League (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Like this Elemental magic water, that comes out of his trident, he used it in his injustice arena fight with cyborg, but I dunno if that counts.

#10 Posted by dondave (34585 posts) - - Show Bio

@Justice_League:In comics his trident is just a piece of metal,it doesn't fire any blasts or control water

Hawkman ftw, his armour can move to protect him from piercing attacks and his can morph his Nth metal into any weapon he can think of & with prep I don't see why he doesn't win

#11 Posted by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: @Justice_League: Yeah,I don't think his trident shoot anything in the new 52 version. But I do think Hawkman's armor would be his advantage, considering all that comes with it. I'd like to think Hawkman would put up a good fight!

#12 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman might have an advantage in the beginning due to the prep, but I don't think it will be enough to outlast AQ.

Hawkman had serious trouble against Deathstroke.

AQ has so far lifted a 100000 ton ship, sent Superman flying with a punch and took it temporally to WW showing superspeed in the process (on land).

The advantage AQ has over Hawkman in physical stats is to big. And the Trident most likely will hurt Hawkman (it doesn't blast energy, but it's indestructible and able to hurt Darkseid)

#13 Posted by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: "The nth metal also grants carter a degree of super strength and resistance to injury. He has been seen to be able to carry at least 5 tons of weight. He has also withstood blows from the powerhouse Black Adam and survived." Hawkman wiki under Powers and Ability

So Hawkman might be able to handle blows from Aquaman, his Nth metal grants him a lot of powerful abilities such as regeneration.

#14 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: @comicfan11: Both of you forgot something about the ''new'' Hawkman...He can also release fire from his armor.

@ccraft:this info isn't valid anymore,it's pre-new 52 (the Black Adam part and 5 tons is debatable)

#15 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: As matchesmalone21 said that's preboot, but even if it weren't the Trident can hurt Hawkman for the KO.

@matchesmalone21: Fire is not a problem for AQ. He was extremely resistant preboot, Batman already tried to set him on fire postboot, and he regularly tanks Black Mantas eye beams, that are enough to burn his armor, but not him sufficiently.

#16 Posted by AdamtheSubmariner (107 posts) - - Show Bio

i really dont see how in jla hawkman sposed to match up to aquaman. AI might just be underestimating hawkman, current aquaman is a tank

#17 Posted by BlackWind (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: How powerful would you estimate Black Manta's lazers?

#18 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: We've seen them partially burn Aquaman's armor and cause AQ some discomfort. In Brightest Day Manta's beams took out an Atlantean with one shot. So I'd say lethal to humans when Manta wants them to be considering how Atlanteans are far more durable than humans.

#20 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#21 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: I'm not saying the fire blast,would hurt Arthur..just stating his new powers,since most of people doesn't read his comics.

@ckuakini: I know what Aquaman (I created a respect thread and several heroes in new 52 version) for him are capable of,please read the comment above ...thanks

The scans below aren't valid,because are pre-new 52 and some golden age

#22 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini:

I'm not only does these respect threads..for you knowledge I read every issues of the characters,which I made the threads...and again since you doesn't understand,I'm not taking sides on this battle,just stating some differences of pre-new 52 and new 52 version of Hawkman,since many people doesn't read his comics...read my comment again. Understand that??

#23 Posted by Jake Fury (18157 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@comicfan11: "The nth metal also grants carter a degree of super strength and resistance to injury. He has been seen to be able to carry at least 5 tons of weight. He has also withstood blows from the powerhouse Black Adam and survived." Hawkman wiki under Powers and Ability

So Hawkman might be able to handle blows from Aquaman, his Nth metal grants him a lot of powerful abilities such as regeneration.

The Black Adam reference is a pre-Flashpoint feat. It occurred during JSA Black Reign.

#24 Posted by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: @comicfan11:

http://www.comicvine.com/hawkman/29-8337/new-52-hawkman-carter-hall-respect-thread/92-679040/

If you guys are interested, that link will take you to a Hawkman respect thread showing all his new 52 moves. By

Such as

1. Capable to sense a previous threat
  2. The Nth has a automatic database
  3. The Nth metal gives a healing factor to Carter and is able to regenerate
  4. Hawkman has a certain control of the armor,he can use it to burn things and change the shape of his weapons
  5. He can shoot fire from his Nth metal
  6. Super strength

I think he has enough new powers to challenge Aquaman, if not be able to beat him. I think someone mentioned how much stronger Atlanteans were to humans, and in Thrones of Atlantis Hawkman was killing them left and right.

#25 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@ckuakini:

I'm not only does these respect threads..for you knowledge I read every issues of the characters,which I made the threads...and again since you doesn't understand,I'm not taking sides on this battle,just stating some differences of pre-new 52 and new 52 version of Hawkman,since many people doesn't read his comics...read my comment again. Understand that??

Lol, sorry bro I seemed to have continued to rant on from the previous debate I had before going into this discussion. I fully understand and agree with you on that part. Thanks again for the pointing out the misconception I had as I wasn't in complete understandings with the rules/settings at the time. BTW, I'll still give my cards to Aquaman with a mediocre win after defeating Hawkman with his trident. Hawkman's going to try to use his flight as advantage; try to dive down and "peck" Aquaman from above, but knowing how enhanced Aquaman's senses are, will sweep Hawkman off the air with his trident and make him to a "chicken kebab on a stick". Another scenerio would be Aquaman's frustration coming into play as Hawkman keeps his fight in the air, he'll summon the ocean to attack him and get him to eye level; if he's still alive and this is a death match, he'll most likely finish him. Either way, there is no way Featherman's going to get up after that attack. His bones are done for and wings are wet and heavy.

@ccraft

Completely aware of that. However being of royal blood Aquaman inherits, he is substantially greater in all superhuman abilities that normal Atlanteans possess - including those from the Atlantean army. Also, being a hybrid Atlantean, it gives him more strength and various abilities on his list of attributes. He also possesses the first king of Atlantis' trident; which he, himself created from Atlantean artifacts relics, believed to be the greatest artifacts of the seven seas.

#26 Posted by New_World_Order (12563 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#27 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#28 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: NP and I will check out Aquaman vs Wolverine

#29 Posted by chiq (1911 posts) - - Show Bio

How fast if Hawkman?

AM is a tank who can take a tremendous amount of physical punishment, it appears that he does not have great showing vs sharp objects (like bullets) so since Hawkman has a lot of bladed weapons and the nth metal can morph into all sorts of weapons he might have a chance in this match.

#30 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I'll check the respect thread, but AQ is physically superior to normal Atlanteans anyway.

And Deathstroke who is only slightly superhuman was giving Hawkman hell.

@chiq: He is still bulletproof, though they can scratch his skin. He took a point blank range harpoon gun to the back in issue #0 when he was not even adult at the time. The harpoon drew some blood, but broke on his skin. Hawkman can make him bleed, but I don't think he will win this. Furthermore AQ is faster than Hawkman. Of course Hawkman flies faster, but in terms of combat speed Aquaman has already proven superior to the Talons and was able to bring it h2h to WW (and send Supes flying). Again Hawkman freely admitted he was slower than Deathstroke. Even pre boot, AQ was also faster than Deathstroke (by Slade's own admission).

Hawkman is powerful, I just believe AQ is eve more.

#31 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman...2 months of prep to learn everything Waller has on Aquaman, plus this out of water AND Hawkman can fly...given this set up, Aquaman will get rocked.

#32 Edited by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq: Hawkman can take massive blows and his Nth metal will heal him like new within a few seconds.This is pre new 52 and new 52 ability.

@comicfan11: I wish I would have read it before this thread, so I could have added a few things to my forum.

@Equonox: Some people might have looked over that, thanks for bring it up. In JLA they seem to know a lot on the new members of JLA, so it would be believable that they know a lot on the current JL members, such as weaknesses.

I'd like to thank everyone who posted on this article. Its been really fun discussion this!

#33 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#34 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman

#35 Posted by ccraft (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

updated

#36 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Aquaman is considered class 50 and one of the greatest superhuman beings in the universe, controversial but somewhat agreeable. He has been depicted to lifting submerged tanks, tectonic plates, buidlings, huge boulders, cruise ships and other heavy objects. Aquaman is very skilled in hand-to-hand combat and has been able to knock Supes off his feet with one blow, flying him through the water and exchange blows with Wonder Woman; having mentioned this he is unarguably matched up to these brute powerhouses. Although, Aquaman is also shown to be a great tactician and should have a strategic advantage if all goes wrong. He can telepathically call upon the monsters of the sea to help in battle as well. New 52 Aquaman, even though it's not yet to be determined, Pre-52 Aquaman also is depicted of connecting to elements in the brains of beings that have inherited genes from their marine ancestors called the Basal Ganglia, making him capable of communicating to land animals as well, specifically birds. He's also very tactical and unorthodox with his trident. His trident has the strength to break through Graves' magical ice barrier, pierce Darkseid, and hold up the weight of a huge vehicle. He's been depicted using his trident to defeat Darkseid being the only leaguer to actually cause him to bleed out, also crushing lots of parademons' heads in the process; being compared to Wonder Woman's feats, at the time. Aquaman has also used his trident in his battle against the talons, Black Manta, the Trench and Atlanteans which he successfully came up on top in each battle.

Jus saying..

#37 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#38 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman takes it. Doesn't matter if you have 2 months prep time when you're up against someone of that caliber.

#39 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman with Prep wins. Even without it he still wins. The deciding factor is that Hawkman can fly.