• 99 results
#51 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: It should have read "a white martian" but he still did it pretty easily, one time or not.

#52 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Yes because that was the only time that he's fought a White Martian. But that mindrape came rather easily for Aquaman, Zum didn't even make him work for it.

#53 Posted by GhostRavage (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Yes because that was the only time that he's fought a White Martian. But that mindrape came rather easily for Aquaman, Zum didn't even make him work for it.

Again, it's the same as saying Rulk punching Uatu's teeth out came rather easily for him as well. It's a feat, but its not something so consistent to go claiming he's going to mind rape everybody.

#54 Posted by Cgoodness (4638 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: But Aquaman did TP other people before. They just weren't White Martians. Unless RUlk has shown good enough TP resistance to withstand Aquaman, then Aquaman can mindrape him.

#56 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by GhostRavage (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Then use those feats instead of the White Martian's. Rulk is a tricky character due to Loebforce... So let's keep with consistent feats rather than 1 time instances.

Rulk stomps Aquaman if using 1 time instances... With consistency, it could go either way, even leaning towards AM.

#58 Posted by AmazonieSPL (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets take the risk with Aquaman!

AmazonieSPL

#59 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: The White Martian feat was just a general feat of telepathy. Not even his most impressive one. He TP'd Kordax into killing himself (Kordax is a guy who telepathically controlled the entire population of Atlantis at the same time).

#60 Edited by GhostRavage (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: The White Martian feat was just a general feat of telepathy. Not even his most impressive one. He TP'd Kordax into killing himself (Kordax is a guy who telepathically controlled the entire population of Atlantis at the same time).

Aquaman's telepathy works on humans because they came from fish... The more close you are to fish, the more Aquaman's TP is going to work on you. Kordax is half fish. Actually, the White Martian instance its more impressive than Aquaman mind raping a half fish.

#61 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: A half fish that TP-controlled all of Atlantis. And it doesn't say that AM's TP works better the closer you are to a fish. I think that as long as you have any fishyness in you, AM's TP will work just as good as it does on anyone.

Regardless, if Rulk doesn't have impressive enough anti-TP feats, he gets mindraped.

#62 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the comments, Aquaman stomps this.

#63 Posted by GhostRavage (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: A half fish that TP-controlled all of Atlantis. And it doesn't say that AM's TP works better the closer you are to a fish. I think that as long as you have any fishyness in you, AM's TP will work just as good as it does on anyone.

Regardless, if Rulk doesn't have impressive enough anti-TP feats, he gets mindraped.

I would admit, its quite a long time since i read that thingy of the TP... However, im fairly certain that's the reason it works on humans for example.

Yeah, Rulk doesn't posses much TP-resistance instances, not that im aware of anyways...

#64 Posted by jashro44 (21677 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

I would admit, its quite a long time since i read that thingy of the TP... However, im fairly certain that's the reason it works on humans for example.

Yeah, Rulk doesn't posses much TP-resistance instances, not that im aware of anyways...

He can use TP on anything that evolved from marine life

The person he used it on was a white martian IIRC. All though characters like superman would arguabley be immune since we don't know if kryptonians have evolved from marine life for example.

It should work on red hulk though.

#65 Posted by GhostRavage (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Thank you, that's the thing i was referring.

#66 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman at his peak against normal Rulk (not Loebforce) takes it.

Here are some INSANE pre Flashpoint Aquaman speed feats.

Literally replicates a Flash feat.

That's Aquaman in disguise.

First he outreacts Superman, while saving at least a dozen people.

And then speeds away before Superman can reach him.

In another issue he actually mentions he is faster than Supes underwater.

Aquaman is way faster than 99,9/100 of most non flying bricks.

And he blitzed WW in the New 52 for good measure.

Add Waterhand, Trident and full TP (the op said at his best) and Rulk will cry in this fight.

#67 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: During the JLA Detroit Era Aquaman was mindcontrolling Steel for a couple of issues. Literally making him do his will (he was in his j3rk phase...). And when Vixen tried to go on a solo mission he mindblasted and dropped her.

He has also other stuff like poking inside Martian Manhunter's mind without J'onn noticing.

And he also mindblasted an ancient alien Dragon, Tiamant (who was owning Powergirl at the time).

If Rulk doesn't have any TP feats, this is a non fight.

Add all his other stuff and powers and Rulk looses 11/10 (unless it's LoebRulk, in which case he thunderclaps the entire Atlantic Ocean).

#68 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Add all his other stuff and powers and Rulk looses 11/10 (unless it's LoebRulk, in which case he thunderclaps the entire Atlantic Ocean).

Thunderclaps the entire Atlantic Ocean! My sides! lol

#69 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Loebforce Rulk punched a Watcher out.

That's just... totally Loeb

#70 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Loebforce Rulk punched a Watcher out.

That's just... totally Loeb

I've seen some of those scans! Was the Watcher even fighting back or just watching as usual?

#71 Posted by godzilla44 (3225 posts) - - Show Bio

I 'll say aquaman takes this fight

#72 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: I think it was Uatu actually and not some random Watcher.

If I remember correctly LoebRulk just went bonkers and started wailing on him, dropping him down, making him bleed and left him bruised (black eyes, bruised lips) and unconscious....

LOL

luckily I think he has lost those powers in a story later.

#73 Posted by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: OP said it's strongest version of both, which in Aquaman's case, is Pre-52 with water hand. And I'm inclined to think Rulk isn't a heavy hitter as Superboy or Wonder Woman. Regardless, Aquaman with his water hand is extremely versatile. He has the water-manipulation abilities to create city-busting tsunamis from scratch, the ability to dehydrate on touch, remove magic, enhanced telepathy (without the water hand he made a White Martian have a seizure with TP and made Atlantis' former king [who is powerful enough to control all of Atlantis telepathically] commit suicide). He has the strength to lift a city block underqwater and flip over a ship while poisoned and injured. Out of water, he knocked down Martian Manhunter with one punch from his water hand. He can swim at mach 20 and endure electric surges that killed whales instantly, huge explosions and more. He also punched through a nuclear sub, and stalemated Lobo without his water hand.

Superboy is weaker than rulk, and at best his speed is mach 17.49

but yeah aquaman will stomp him.

#74 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: How did you calculate his best speed?

I mean based on which feat?

#75 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Lol... totally Loeb...

"I was like... uuhhh!!! Rulk!!! And the Rulk was like... uuhhh!!! Loeb!!!"

"That was Totally Loeb!"

"Totally!"

#76 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: How did you calculate his best speed?

I mean based on which feat?

http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-2dabfc8afe78c9a344fecafc18d5c323

he was bleeding afterwards, the changes in pressure were smacking him wth the the force of his speed, his mass, and the mass of the water he was surrounded by.

i mean, think about it for a sec, if aquaman were for example to swim at the depth of 20 meters underwater then we have a formula for this shit.

The formula is P=dgh

where:

P is the fluid pressure;

d is the density of the fluid (the practical density of seawater is about 1025 kg/m3);

g is the acceleration due to gravity (actual value 9.81.. m/s2 and practical value 10 m/s2 );

h is the height of the water column in metres.

if we are to insert the numbers we will end up with 205,000 pascal, or 20 ton/square metre, if we are to assume that his volium is over 2.5 then we end up with 50 tons pressure at any given moment, this much mass have been striking him at a speed of mach 17.5 multiple times per second. aquaman came from a far deeper location, thus he was striked with much more force multiple times a second, for him to have this kind of average speed while taking GL with him is a mighty impressive speed and durability for aquaman (this was a low end calc, extreme low end)

i stand corrected, AM's speed if far greater than mach 20 at his best, but it's still very painful for him to swim faster than that. not because of his muscles but rather because of the fact the his body can't handle this kind of force.

i know that you are most likely to write an angry comment about me being wrong, but i think that the stuff that i said in this comment is very fair towards AM

#77 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: No man.

You thought it very well. Kudos.

It says in the story that it is the bends, but this has to do with the sudden change in pressure as he ascends If I'm not mistaken.

If he had stayed in the depth he would probably be fine, as has been shown in multiple other comics where he goes as fast as he can near the ocean depth (I think some Erik Larsen issue).

In JLA A Midsummer's Nightmare the main bad guy pins down the entire JLA (including Supes, WW, MM, GL) with a pressure attack.

The only one able to move is Aquaman who comments on it, about how he is used to ridiculous pressures.

And check the feat above where he leaves Superman behind.

By comic book logic that should be extremely ridiculous considering how fast Superman can swim, but DC usually portrays Aquaman as the fastest swimmer in comicdom.

The_Red_Viper: Loeb was at his best with Tim Sale writing Batman.

#78 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: It was a "Totally Kyle" reference... y'know, from "The Amanda Show". Nevermind ><

Anywho, going out of topic a little-I really did enjoy The Long Halloween, except for the artwork. I simply hated it and if someone else would have did the artwork, like Jock for example, I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

I did however love Hush which is also by Loeb, and Jim Lee in his prime years is a great bonus.

#79 Posted by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: No man.

You thought it very well. Kudos.

It says in the story that it is the bends, but this has to do with the sudden change in pressure as he ascends If I'm not mistaken.

If he had stayed in the depth he would probably be fine, as has been shown in multiple other comics where he goes as fast as he can near the ocean depth (I think some Erik Larsen issue).

And check the feat above where he leaves Superman behind.

By comic book logic that should be extremely ridiculous considering how fast Superman can swim, but DC usually portrays Aquaman as the fastest swimmer in comicdom.

problem is, you cant swim in a perfect line, so during your movement you will move multiple centimeters multiple times a second (AM will, because of his speed), i agree that he could go a lot faster, maybe even mach 100+, under optimal conditions but his body will fail him at some point IMO.

Yeah i know this feat, it's a pretty sick one.

#80 Posted by Experio (16000 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm voting for Red Hulk but if Aquaman uses TP or is able to reach the water then he wins

#81 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: Good breakdown.

But remember we are talking comic book logic not actual physics anyway.

Still in the story it actually mentions he got the bends, so at least Morrison tried to apply real physics to a degree.

Either way cool of you to provide a measure of the speed in that feat.

Of course to be honest I can't imagine any writer after his revamp by Johns to write something like that, and probably in a similar situation physics will be ignored in favor of the wow factor.

Which I prefer tbh since it's comics and amazing things are supposed to happen,

#82 Posted by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: Good breakdown.

But remember we are talking comic book logic not actual physics anyway.

Still in the story it actually mentions he got the bends, so at least Morrison tried to apply real physics to a degree.

Either way cool of you to provide a measure of the speed in that feat.

Of course to be honest I can't imagine any writer after his revamp by Johns to write something like that, and probably in a similar situation physics will be ignored in favor of the wow factor.

Which I prefer tbh since it's comics and amazing things are supposed to happen,

Yeah i know that comic book logic is kinda wack, but even still, i think that bringing this feat into proportions is a good thing to do.

#83 Posted by jashro44 (21677 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: Of course you did a great job and I totally see the logic (obviously) in your thinking.

So what was the speed in the Kyle feat after your recalculation?

#85 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11 said:

@nobody134: Of course you did a great job and I totally see the logic (obviously) in your thinking.

So what was the speed in the Kyle feat after your recalculation?

didn't do it, too lazy lol

it would be well over 1000 tons tho

#86 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Those classic Aquaman scans are awesome man. Thanks.

I get tired of people lowballing him but I don't have any scans of his classic feats >_<

#88 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: No problem.

These are 2 of his best I think.

Flash like speed and apparently faster swimmer than Supes.

Aquaman wasn't consistently the strongest character underwater, but he was always the fastest.

Also just an indication of where AQ stands strengthwise these days.

from JLA.

#89 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading both sides, I think its fair to say pre52 AM takes this.

CIN.

#90 Posted by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Red Hulk resist the telepathic power of Emma Frost while she was in possesion of the Phoenix force?

#91 Edited by BlackWind (6341 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Tiamat the dragon was an alien? Interesting! I forgot that!

#92 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Yeah she was from an alien race that fought the Hunters/Gatherers for control over colonies.

#93 Posted by AlteredBeast (149 posts) - - Show Bio

rulk pummels fish man and how

#94 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Red Hulk resist the telepathic power of Emma Frost while she was in possesion of the Phoenix force?

That was Thor. CIN.

#95 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman

#96 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say if it isn't Loeb-Force Rulk Aquaman should take this.

- Pip

#97 Posted by aquaman01 (1431 posts) - - Show Bio

- Pip

Loeb force Rulk would destroy The One Above All if Loeb had continued writing him lol

#98 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth said:

- Pip

Loeb force Rulk would destroy The One Above All if Loeb had continued writing him lol

Ikr

The only saviour to the universe would be Squirrel Girl.

- Pip

#99 Posted by patrat18 (9761 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Aquaman.

#100 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

Still Aquaman.

agreed. That one guy up there said it best when he said that if rulk doesnt have TP resistance feats this battle is a non issue and Arthur wins with ease