• 93 results
#51 Posted by comicfan11 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: lol, thx dude

favorite character and each easier to know stuff about a character who does not have 652 monthly titles (like Batman or Wolverine).

#52 Posted by ComicStooge (16663 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: lol, thx dude

favorite character and each easier to know stuff about a character who does not have 652 monthly titles (like Batman or Wolverine).

Too true.

And they'd better have Aquaman in the future Justice League movie.

#53 Posted by kcjr (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, are all of DC's most famous characters except Batman in the class 100?

By the way, dropping the whale on Namor was the most ridiculous thing they could have done. Namor can withstand blows from Hulk and Thor, but can't handle a killer whale?

#54 Edited by Marvel34 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcjr: I agree the killer whale would do practically nothing

#55 Edited by Supreme_Maj (308 posts) - - Show Bio

The killer Whale on namor was not very well written but they wanted Arthur to win so. But i think Namor has more surprise for us since his possession by the phoenix force like the others Phoenix five he has probably been upgraded but knowing Namor is going to come as a surprise during a fight so keep your eyes open Aquaman can be upgraded the way they want he will be always a knock-off of Submariner and a weaker version.

#56 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (14287 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer Aquaman but Namor is most definitely stronger.

edit:nvm

#57 Posted by lifeofvibe (3766 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#58 Posted by BatmanFan11 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Namor at one time manage to knock The Hulk out with a single punch? You've gotta be very strong to do that.

#59 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19627 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Edited by BatmanFan11 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Either your talking total BS or that was very bad writing. No way Batman would be able to do that.

#61 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19627 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11: I was using hyperbole. like you were doing ;)

#62 Posted by BatmanFan11 (560 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by Primebonnick (3632 posts) - - Show Bio

if its the new 52 aquaman then i gotta go with him.

#64 Edited by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

strength? namor

Speed? aquaman

in a fist fight i would say that namor could win.

#65 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

@primebonnick said:

Pre-52 Aquaman was able to top whaever lifting capability he possesses in the New 52 as he was able to lift building blocks, tanks, oil rig platforms, and more. He was also able to take on elite superhumans like Superboy, Power Ring, Olympian (possesses the strength of six gods), Deep Six (All exceeding 100+ lb. lifting power), Deathstroke (only metahuman), and more. Just saying, almost all his feats from Pre-52 are about similar to whatever Geoff Johns elaborates his strength to be in the New 52 series.

#66 Posted by generator2000 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is stronger than Aquaman. Even if Aquaman has good strength, Namor has more feats of strength and stalemates stronger opponents.

#67 Posted by SheenLantern (7272 posts) - - Show Bio

@primebonnick said:

Pre-52 Aquaman was able to top whaever lifting capability he possesses in the New 52 as he was able to lift building blocks, tanks, oil rig platforms, and more. He was also able to take on elite superhumans like Superboy, Power Ring, Olympian (possesses the strength of six gods), Deep Six (All exceeding 100+ lb. lifting power), Deathstroke (only metahuman), and more. Just saying, almost all his feats from Pre-52 are about similar to whatever Geoff Johns elaborates his strength to be in the New 52 series.

New 52 Aquaman lifted a cruise liner. (100,000 tons)

#68 Edited by myerlanski (1978 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Aquaman has his share of feats as well as precrisis....strengthwise I put them neck and neck.

Speed in water Aquaman.

Speed on land Namor.

This match is pretty much even in my book. With the edge going to the victor who gets that solid last punch in. These matches split.

That said, I am fan of Aquaman. He is highly underrated.

#69 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19627 posts) - - Show Bio

3 words.

continent. busting. attack.

#70 Posted by _ANDY_CAN (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#71 Posted by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman he stopped a guy from releasing a continent busting attack

#72 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (6848 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by TifaLockhart (15205 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. Namor predates Aquaman by a whopping two years. That's hardly grounds to call him a ripoff.

The whale fell on Namor's head. Nefaria was KO'd by Vision falling on his head, after taking Mjolnir blows. I can lift far more than 5 lbs but if a 5 lb bocce ball fell on my head I'd be in trouble.

That said, I say Namor would be a 75 while Aquaman would be a 60. They're both strong but I just believe Namor to be physically stronger by a bit. That does not factor in speed or telepathy.

#74 Edited by Dilwar (379 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say AquaMan will Win because Namor he is going down Easily.

#75 Posted by MasterKungFu (6700 posts) - - Show Bio

the guy whose name associates with his environment

#76 Posted by Noone301994 (12654 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

#77 Edited by BlackWind (8220 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

Namor has not been at the level he was in the 60s for decades.

#78 Edited by RisingBean (5806 posts) - - Show Bio

@dilwar: Aquaman sucker punched Superman. Namor has actually thrashed the Hulk.

#79 Edited by AmazingWebHead (6746 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is physically stronger, but I think Aquaman would win

#80 Posted by DeathsDoor726 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman he's fought stronger people than namor

#81 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

PreN52, I would say Namor was slightly stronger. N52 Aquaman is stronger than Namor. But in ANY event...

In a battle, Aquaman wins.

#82 Posted by venomchris_105 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

### Haha, okay. Here's some info on why Namor beats Aquaman

First off, Aquaman was created in the 40's and Sub-Mariner is from the 30's, so above all else, Aquaman is unquestionably a rip off "ruler of Atlantis" hero archetype. Also, status wise, Namor was in marvel comics first issue, Marvel comics issue 1 with Cap, so he's basically comicdom royalty on Marvel's side.

Now, I've read a lot here that people say pre 52 Namor is stronger, but post 52 they're "basically even". Considering there's no actual way to see them fight, the only thing to prove who is stronger is by who has More feats of said strength. Considering new 52 is what 4 years ago? Namor has about 70 YEARS more of similar and higher examples of feats of strength. He has 7 decades more experience with this newly ret-con'd strength that Aquaman has had for the past couple years.. For me, everything mentioned above proves to me who would win. But i'll continue.

So far these posts of Aquaman's feats are: lands a good shot on superman, goes toe to toe with Sups and ww, lifts one side of a cruise liner and a piece of a building. That's pretty good, even if only for post 52.

Namor has been beating up God's since the 60's. He's beat up Hercules the God of strength, multiple times, KO's the hulk multiple times. Not like that superman suckerpunch that he never expected from a friend, but full out trying their hardest battles. There isn't much to compare here. And of Aquaman's ship and building lifting, Namor has done feats of equal weight since his comic started (others have posted pics and deets.) So again, this is going by who has more proven experience, and not just personal preference.

Notable: in full cannon, Aquaman had his hand eaten by fish back in 94 I think (pre52) , and Black manta or w.e cut his hand off again (post 52) to show how much less durable he is, which does account for strength reference. Also notable, I forget where I read it but it also was proven that Namor is some distant relative to Poseidon, which would make him a demi-god of sorts.

Next, both aquaman and namor have died, or come close, the difference being that namor was resurrected by Poseidon, himself. So even if for some crazy reason aquaman gets the upper hand or even kills namor there's a chance that he may be revived at full strength or higher. Whether that sounds OP is irrelevant, we're just going by the cannon.

And lastly, even throwing all those points away, if it were to come down to a fight particularly on land, you have to remember aquaman and the justice league are nice and good people, namor is not, he's an asshole and will play dirty. He care's very little if at all about humans, so there would be a big moral dilemma for aquaman risking people's lives, while shattering cities etc. which would lead to his downfall. Namor killed his own son with no remorse, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lose much focus if people were about to die around him while battling aquaman, which wouldn't likely be the same in Arthur's case.

deets on any points I mentioned can be found one page 1 of a google search.

#83 Posted by laflux (20344 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#84 Posted by God_Spawn (39298 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by jashro44 (29459 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by God_Spawn (39298 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by Namor_Curry (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor has slightly more raw strength, to answer OP's question. But when taking all factors into consideration, they are even, and a fight between the two wouldn't result in anything less than a draw. Fish bros are too awesome of characters to be enemies anyway.

#88 Posted by laflux (20344 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by matthew1061 (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Golden Age - Both have great strength but Namor's is more impressive. Aquaman could lift several tons, and once threw a polar bear at some hunters in the Arctic. Namor, on the other hand, could lift a submarine out of the water. Namor was *much* stronger.

Silver Age - Namor is strong enough to give the Thing or the Hulk a rough fight and also has some odd powers like shooting electrical bolts, like an electric eel, or puffing up his body like a blowfish. His strength varies, on land he seems to be a match for Iron Man or the Thing, while in the water he can match Hercules or the Hulk. Aquaman's strength varies a lot during this period. Some writers show him as having mildly superhuman strength, maybe on a par with Spider-man, while others show him having about peak human strength. During the Silver Age, Aquaman is not presented as much of a fighter, he mostly accomplishes things by controlling sea life.

Bronze Age - Namor keeps the high level of strength he had in the Silver Age but looses the funky fish powers. An indication of his strength comes when he throws a main battle tank (about 50 tons) so high that it strikes a passing airliner (cruise altitude is 30,000 feet.) Aquaman during this period is not terrible strong and is surprised/impressed with himself when he takes out the NKVDemon (a fairly tough Batman foe) in HTH. At this point he isn't used to winning fights when he can't ger fist and sea creatures to help him.

Post Crisis - Aquaman's strength got ramped up. In DC vs Marvel it was clear that he was a quicker and more maneuverable swimmer but that Namor was much stronger and more durable (up to this point, Aquaman is not bulletproof). Aquaman won their confrontation because of the rules, which said one had to immobilize the other. Having a killer whale jump on Namor didn't hurt him, and he could easily lift the orca, but getting pinned under the animal for a full second meant that, under the rules, he lost.

New 52 - I have no idea. It looks like Aquaman is much stronger than he's ever been, and it's not clear to me whether Namor is still as strong as he used to be.

#90 Posted by EternalGrandMaster (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are classed at 100Tons....

But not Well above 100tons as it says for Hulk,Thor,WW, Superman etc etc

Honestly I would say they are just about equal both their maximum Limit hasn't been shown......Pre-52 Aquaman seems weaker than namor & New52 Aquaman has the better strentgh feats.

Aquaman fans kill me....New52 had a fodder rogue that was able to hit him off his feet and she was no where as strong as Aquaman....That scan is pis

#91 Posted by MysticMedivh (13711 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#92 Edited by SUNMAN (7374 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Aquaman a lot and he's no slouch. Honestly I prefer him to Namor, but historically speaking Namors always been stronger and more durable. This is a dude that imo clearly has an edge over the likes of Ben Grim and Ironman. Whereas Aquaman always struck me as more of a idtier warrior till Geoff Johns started pushing him in Brightest Day and the New 52.

I'd give Aquaman better control of aquatic creatures and better swimming and leadership skills (because lets face it Namors a bad king) but in terms of raw strength and durability I can't say Ive seen anything that puts Aquaman above Namor.

Look maybe I'm wrong because I don't read as much Marvel as I use to, but why has Namor's stock fallen so much?

#93 Posted by AZTERIX_ (355 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman loses this one. Namor has superstrength superior to aquaman and the ability to fly.