• 73 results
#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

The Battle of the Throne

Who is more of a brute powerhouse? Who do you think should be classified above the other in strength level? Who truly deserves to be the one to take the throne and be the rightful King of Atlantis? Aquaman or Namor? You be the judge!

#2 Posted by BlackWind (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

I suggest this go in another section. Putting it here could draw bias from Aquaman fans who don't care for Namor.

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman definitely.

#4 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Aquaman definitely.

Reasons why? Any particular scans you wanna post up on the thread depicting his strength level?

No scan is irrelevant!

#5 Posted by Teerack (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Namor is stronger in terms of brute force. But Aquaman would probably still win in a fight.

#6 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

I think that Namor is stronger in terms of brute force. But Aquaman would probably still win in a fight.

Reasons why. Any scans depicting Namor's brute strength?

No scan is in-valid!

#7 Posted by Teerack (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: Catches and holds Kang's ship I've never seen AM hold anything this big before.

Namor has also held his own against Hercules, Thor, and Hulk a lot of different times. Even defeating Hulk and Herc underwater.

#8 Posted by BlackWind (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

I agree, Namor has a brute strength advantage, but Aquaman beats him with speed enhanced strength and telepathy.

#9 Posted by Teerack (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: Actually I don't really know if AM would have a speed advantage. To be honest when you look into Namor's feats he actually has a lot more impressive speed feats then strengths.

#10 Posted by BlackWind (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Double digit hypersonic swimming speeds helps, for Aquaman.

#11 Posted by Teerack (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: Oh yeah I guess in water he would be faster, but based off his fights on land I think Namor is faster. Plush he can fly to give him extra mobility.

#12 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Here are some scans of Aquaman's speed and reflexes. He is depicted of dodging arrows, chasing torpedoes, passing The Operative's supersonic plane reaching speeds up to 1000 knots, taking apart weaponry, dodging heat beams, and also getting the last blows on Deathstroke.

As for his brute strength, it has yet to be fully explored. However, Aquaman is considered class 100 and one of the strongest superhuman beings in the universe, controversial but somewhat agreeable. He has been depicted to lifting submerged tanks, oil rig platforms, city blocks, and cruise ships. Aquaman is very skilled in hand-to-hand combat and has been able to knock Supes off his feet with one blow, flying him through the water, exchange blows with Superboy, and also holding ground against Wonder Woman; having mentioned this, he is unarguably equivalent to these brute powerhouses.

#13 Posted by Teerack (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: Hmm Namor has some very similar feats to be honest. Now I kinda think they're equal.

#14 Edited by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquamans cooler and a better dresser

plus:

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Aquaman more and I do think he's a high-level super-strength character but Namor the Sub-Mariner is the stronger of the two.

#16 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is Stronger, when he comes it usually means trouble for everyone, because he has virtually tussled with all the hard hitter in marvel,from Hulk to Hercules to Thor. He wil fight against numbers in a heartbeat ask the Avenger or the Fantastic Four . Namor has been this way for decades. His strength is legendary, and doesn't need continuous upgrades to be on par with hard hitters, he already is one. I do like and respect Arthur, he's one of my favs at Dc.

#17 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

#18 Posted by BlackWind (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Namor is Stronger, when he comes it usually means trouble for everyone, because he has virtually tussled with all the hard hitter in marvel,from Hulk to Hercules to Thor. He wil fight against numbers in a heartbeat ask the Avenger or the Fantastic Four . Namor has been this way for decades. His strength is legendary, and doesn't need continuous upgrades to be on par with hard hitters, he already is one. I do like and respect Arthur, he's one of my favs at Dc.

Wish all Namor fans could be like you.

#19 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor should be slightly stronger. It's his thing. But for the past couple of years (at least) they are in the same class (100). To be honest though AQ might have the advantage these days. Namor lost recently underwater to the Thing and AQ took it to WW and Supes on the surface.

Aquaman is a loooooot faster. Even on land (superspeed against WW and Orm). Namor's only advantage is his flight, but AQ has his leaping. Plus Namor already admitted he is slower than Marina and her best feat is 800 knots or smthing, waaaay slower than AQ on a bad day.

Aquaman has always been king, Namor was a prince for most of his publication history if I'm not mistaken.

#20 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Wish all Namor fans could be like you.

Thanks, I'm just telling the truth! Anyone who has read comics should know this info. To put it simply Namor is a force of nature, when he comes you don't know what to expect, but there's definately gonna be havoc, chaos, and destruction.

#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN lol that scan is class :D

#22 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

In the New 52, Aquaman has been upgraded in strength and durability to be in the discussion with Supes and Wonder Woman, making him the clear winner of conflict or a test of strength, imo. Pre-52 its a lot harder to say, as he was portrayed inconsistently, imo. Pre-52 I think id give the nod in strength, at least, to Namor.

For what its worth, I actually prefer Namor. As someone has already said, he's always been respectable, and he hasnt needed any upgrades, nor has he been downgraded. The new Aquaman is cool, though I liked his older one handed design better, but it just feels like DC is pushing him too hard. When somebody is such a joke for so long, its easy to try to hard, and it seems to have worked, but imo, Throne of Atlas was one of the WORST and most UNNECESSARY Justice League arcs so far (after the Cheetah arc).

Not trying to make any fans mad, its just how I see it.

#24 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor. aquaman is as weak as his costume

#25 Posted by Deathstrokesrevenge (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Am got this

#26 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#27 Edited by Supreme_Maj (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is stronger, faster even Aquaria Nautica Neptunia (Namora) can beat Arthur !

#28 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_maj said:

Namor is stronger, faster even Aquaria Nautica Neptunia (Namora) can beat Arthur !

That's harsh...

#29 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#30 Posted by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor

#31 Posted by Wolverine08 (42174 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically, Namor is stronger than Aquaman. He has gone toe to toe with The Hulk, and fought Thor.

#32 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor lives in the Marvel Universe, they treat all their superhero's good over there. Heck, they even hooked him up with Invisible Woman for a little bit!

#33 Posted by sinestro_GL (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically, Namor is stronger than Aquaman. He has gone toe to toe with The Hulk, and fought Thor.

New 52 Aquaman has gone toe-to-toe with Superman and Wonder Woman...at the same time

#34 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: And he was able to toss a submarine out of the water in Issue #21.

#35 Posted by lifeofvibe (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: and he didnt even have to get angry to get strong if you know what i mean

#36 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, by a field.

DC strength's scale is higher.

#37 Posted by The Stegman (24360 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor lives in the Marvel Universe, they treat all their superhero's good over there. Heck, they even hooked him up with Invisible Woman for a little bit!

Mera is hotter than anyone Namor has ever slept with..even that giant sea squid thing...

@sunman said:

Aquamans cooler and a better dresser

plus:

This isn't canon, but this is one of the few good things about that crossover, Aquaman dropping a whale on him made me laugh so hard.

#38 Edited by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#39 Posted by lilben42 (2543 posts) - - Show Bio

James.

#40 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Who the heck is James?! Please don't tell me this is you, lol.

#41 Posted by lilben42 (2543 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#43 Edited by HumanRocket (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know much about the two but i do recall Namor being able to fair well against the Sentry in Exodus and Sentry's power level is not near Superman's but near the neighborhood.

#44 Posted by Justthatkid (3886 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor should be slightly stronger. It's his thing. But for the past couple of years (at least) they are in the same class (100). To be honest though AQ might have the advantage these days. Namor lost recently underwater to the Thing and AQ took it to WW and Supes on the surface.

Aquaman is a loooooot faster. Even on land (superspeed against WW and Orm). Namor's only advantage is his flight, but AQ has his leaping. Plus Namor already admitted he is slower than Marina and her best feat is 800 knots or smthing, waaaay slower than AQ on a bad day.

Aquaman has always been king, Namor was a prince for most of his publication history if I'm not mistaken.

Agreed with this, pre52 Aquaman vs Namor I would of said Namor is stronger while PRE52 AQ is faster but Flashpoint and NEW52 Aquaman would most likely manhandle Namor.

#45 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

new 52 Aquaman wins for sure

#46 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman. BAM! end thread.

#47 Posted by Knightfall225 (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#48 Posted by ComicStooge (12786 posts) - - Show Bio

What was pre-reboot Aquaman's durability like?

I've heard he could trade blows with Diana. Anyone have any examples of this?

#49 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Try http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman-16-kings/4000-42005/.

He tanks a point blank punch to the face (while basically smiling) from an enraged WW who thinks he has turned evil.

They haven't really fought up to Flashpoint one on one, but even pre DCnU he was bulletproof and able to tank stuff that immobilized the entire JLA like in http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-a-midsummers-nightmare/4050-18945/.

He also tanks hits from class 100 characters like Slig, Lobo, Triton, Despero, Wonder Woman, etc. casually.

Or blasts from Starro, that managed to KO Orion, Amazo heat vision, energy blasts, drops from extreme heights etc etc.

Basically he can take hits from every character he ever fought and keep going, regardless of the final result.

His durability after the beginning of the PAD run has always been pretty high.

#50 Posted by ComicStooge (12786 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Try http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman-16-kings/4000-42005/.

He tanks a point blank punch to the face (while basically smiling) from an enraged WW who thinks he has turned evil.

They haven't really fought up to Flashpoint one on one, but even pre DCnU he was bulletproof and able to tank stuff that immobilized the entire JLA like in http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-a-midsummers-nightmare/4050-18945/.

He also tanks hits from class 100 characters like Slig, Lobo, Triton, Despero, Wonder Woman, etc. casually.

Or blasts from Starro, that managed to KO Orion, Amazo heat vision, energy blasts, drops from extreme heights etc etc.

Basically he can take hits from every character he ever fought and keep going, regardless of the final result.

His durability after the beginning of the PAD run has always been pretty high.

Has anyone ever told you you're a walking Aquaman encyclopedia?