Aquaman vs Namor

Avatar image for emerald_lamp_2814
emerald_lamp_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

how strong is namor I remember hearing that Aquaman can lift 70 tons under water what about namor i don't really know about him that much
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" Namor  "
Dare I ask why? "
Namor is stronger and faster when out of water. Underwater I think Aquaman is a little faster. But as far as physical attributes go, Namor is more powerful. Also, Aquaman's TP hasn't been strong enough to effect someone like Namor. And the sea creatures he controls with TP (which he can't actually control, he really talks to them and they do what he says out of respec), Namor can counter with his own that he commands from that sea horn he carries.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" Namor  "
Dare I ask why? "
Namor is stronger and faster when out of water. Underwater I think Aquaman is a little faster. But as far as physical attributes go, Namor is more powerful. Also, Aquaman's TP hasn't been strong enough to effect someone like Namor. And the sea creatures he controls with TP (which he can't actually control, he really talks to them and they do what he says out of respec), Namor can counter with his own that he commands from that sea horn he carries. "
Aquaman lifted a city block. Prove Namor is stronger and faster. What makes you think Aquaman's TP wouldn't affect Namor? Who says Namor has the sea horn that he does not carry?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher: Well, actually Aquaman's TP can be used offensively such as in these scans: 
No Caption Provided

EDIT: I had to edit to put in the rest of my explanation.

Namor is in fact stronger, but Aquaman should have the durability to take some his attacks. As for speed, I think Aquaman is faster underwater, while Namor(due to flight and such) is faster above water. Seeing as they'd most likely fight underwater I think Aquaman has a speed advantage.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" Namor  "
Dare I ask why? "
Namor is stronger and faster when out of water. Underwater I think Aquaman is a little faster. But as far as physical attributes go, Namor is more powerful. Also, Aquaman's TP hasn't been strong enough to effect someone like Namor. And the sea creatures he controls with TP (which he can't actually control, he really talks to them and they do what he says out of respec), Namor can counter with his own that he commands from that sea horn he carries. "
Aquaman lifted a city block. Prove Namor is stronger and faster. What makes you think Aquaman's TP wouldn't affect Namor? Who says Namor has the sea horn that he does not carry? "
Namor is Class 100 which Aquaman is not. Aquaman's TP isn't very effective on humans. IIRC Aquaman can't control humans, only sea creatures. Also, Namor has the horn which he controls the Gigantus whales with. Pretty common knowledge there champ.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I'd say namor is physically superior
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher: Class 100 = 100 tons. Namor has very few strength feats to back that up, though (he was sent flying by a punch from Black Bolt, who is class 60).

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Namor is half Atlantean; even disregarding the scans that Decoy posted (as I'm sure you will), that would still make him susceptible to Aquaman's TP, as Atlanteans are sea creatures.

Namor hardly ever has said horn on his person, genius. Even if he did have it, it would be canceled out by Aquaman's TP. Besides, how many sea creatures are going to be in the area when there has been vicious fighting involving slaughtered Atlanteans and Skrulls?
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite said:

" @Night Thrasher: Well, actually Aquaman's TP can be used offensively such as in these scans: 

No Caption Provided

EDIT: I had to edit to put in the rest of my explanation.  Namor is in fact stronger, but Aquaman should have the durability to take some his attacks. As for speed, I think Aquaman is faster underwater, while Namor(due to flight and such) is faster above water. Seeing as they'd most likely fight underwater I think Aquaman has a speed advantage. "
You're right about the speed, but I don't think Aquaman's speed is overwhelmingly so. So really that isn't even a factor to me. With battles and characters that can go FTL, two subsonic characters might as well be a wash. The TP thing might work on Namor, but I'm doubting it. IIRC Sue Richards did something similar with her force field powers, but I don't think it was very effective. That's from Grant Morrison's run on JLA right?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher: Sue's force fields have nothing to do with TP.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher: It's not just the speed, it's also that Aquaman may not be as strong Namor, but he is strong enough to damage. Also, I don't quite understand what you're saying about Sue. Her force fields don't really have a lot to do with TP. And yes it is from Grant Morrison's run.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Ferro Vida: I mean using a force field inside of his brain. She creates a force field inside someone's brain and contracts it on certain areas of the brain she wants to effect. 

@Ferro Vida: Class 100=100+ tons. Namor is physically stronger than Aquaman, it's a fact. Aquaman is faster underwater, but Namor is faster out. The TP thing is debatable I really don't care. Aquaman hasn't had a consistent showing of doing this, so whatever. In a physical battle Namor is superior to Aquaman IMO. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher: Force field to the brain is not Telepathic at all. Although I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on Namor. :/
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher: Sue using a force field in his brain is completely different then what Aquaman did in that scan.

Class one hundred or not, Namor has been hurt by class sixty characters. The strength difference between the two of them is negligible, if it exists at all.

No Caption Provided
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher: Force field to the brain is not Telepathic at all. Although I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on Namor. :/ "
Because Sure loooooooves him.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher: Force field to the brain is not Telepathic at all. Although I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on Namor. :/ "
Because Sure loooooooves him. "
Sadly, that's probably the reason. :/
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emerald lamp 2814 said:
" how strong is namor I remember hearing that Aquaman can lift 70 tons under water what about namor i don't really know about him that much "
it was said that Namor can lift well above 100 tons with ease when underwater or well hydrated.. if i'm not mistaken, it was even mentioned that Namor's strength can only be rivaled by Hulk or Thor when underwater..
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Night Thrasher: Sue using a force field in his brain is completely different then what Aquaman did in that scan.

Class one hundred or not, Namor has been hurt by class sixty characters. The strength difference between the two of them is negligible, if it exists at all.

No Caption Provided
"
Black Bolt's lifting power is Class 60 his punches are augmented by is sonic powers so they are Class 100 level.   

@Decoy Elite:
 You have a point. Maybe it would work, maybe not. I don't think it would because Aquaman hasn't shown that kinda usage of his powers on a consistent basis. And, I've seen Namor resist low level telepathy. I know Sea Leopard was using telepathy to predict Namor's moves, but I haven't seen him controlled or attacked telepathically like that. So I couldn't really say for sure whether or not it would or wouldn't work. But, if it 100% did work then I'd give Aquaman the edge 6/10. As it stands to me Namor wins 80% of the time.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher: You have no proof to back that up.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Ferro Vida: Now ignoring you.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher: Hang on, there's something up with your math. Maybe you hate Aquaman, or maybe you just love Namor, but if Aquaman's telepathy could affect Namor and he is more then durable enough to take hits from Namor, as well as dish out damage that can hurt Namor, how does he only have a 6/10 edge?

Btw, Namor has also been hurt by the Thing, who is only class eighty.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Ferro Vida: Now ignoring you. "
Replying just to tell me that is a horrible way to start ignoring me. You've obviously never given the silent treatment before.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher: Aquaman does actually use his telepathy quite a bit, although I'm not exactly Mr.Scans so.....I'll just restrict my arguments as to why Aquaman could win in a physical confrontation. 

While Namor is very durable, he can still be harmed and I think Aquaman should have the strenght to do so. Now, Aquaman is also faster under water by a bit so he will clearly be able to tag Namor more than Namor can tag him. There's also the in character factor that needs to be noted. Namor is often times very much a bragger and has a tendency to allow opponents to hit him, which has caused him trouble in the past. Aquaman is quite the contrast, because while he does have a tendency to brag he's more of an intelligent fighter and is more likely to make use of Namor's own personality.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite: That's interesting, but I think you have Namor wrong in your analysis. Namor is tactical until his temper gets the best of him. He usually starts level headed until it hits the fan. Case in point Captain America 47 or 48 he's used as a decoy by Bucky/Cap so that Buckey/Cap can get to the lab. Namor complies, even gets captured and plays along until he loses his temper and kills the guy(whose name I forget). I think in a battle with Aquaman that they would trade blows, but Namor's blows would hurt Aquaman a lot more than Aquaman's would hurt Namor, until Namor gets tired of it and loses his cool and unleashes on him. Kinda of like Wolverine, but more dignified and noble.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher: I'm sorry, but you can't honestly think Aquaman is going to try and tank Namor's attacks. While I think Aquaman does have the durability to do so, I just don't see letting Namor hit him. I mean, seriously I've never seen Aquaman try and tank a hit. Anyway, I'm going to try and track down some Aquaman scans, because clearly I need them to solidify an argument with you as you don't seem to be the type to take someone's word for something.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite: No I don't think he's going to just take blows from Namor, but I'm not going to say he doesn't get hit. That's what trading blows is. Also, Namor is letting Aquaman "take his best shot". My point is this, if Aquaman can use that trick you scanned then he has a shot, but if not then Namor is physically superior to Aquaman. The speed is negligible, but the strength is the real advantage because of the disparity. I giving Namor 80%. It drops to 40% if your telepathy trick can work, but I don't think it would. IMHO
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#126  Edited By sexy_merc
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher: Aquaman does actually use his telepathy quite a bit, although I'm not exactly Mr.Scans so.....I'll just restrict my arguments as to why Aquaman could win in a physical confrontation."
Getting into Namor's mind wouldn't be much of a problem.

No Caption Provided

He has used telepathy offensively on more than one occasion and even overpowered Kordax before and if I recall correctly, Kordax died during their battle, and I only recall them battling telepathically.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Decoy Elite

Dodging blasts from Tempest.

Able to bust through Tempest's ice attack. 

Yes I know the whole ring thing is PIS, I'm just showing his tactical smarts.
Yes I know the whole ring thing is PIS, I'm just showing his tactical smarts.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher: Posted some scans and speed is a huge factor fighting wise. You're overplaying strenght too much and you're ignoring Aquaman's durability he going to be able to take some hits from Namor, it's not like Namor can one shot him.

@Sexy Merc: Thanks for the scan.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite: I'm not downplaying speed. What I'm saying is that speed is more even than strength in this battle. I could see if Aquaman was FTL underwater, but he isn't. That's why it's negligible to me. He isn't so much faster than Namor that he couldn't be tagged. Namor's strength on the other hand is far superior to Aquaman's. He's at least two levels stronger than Aquaman. The disparity in strength and durability coupled with comparable speed gives him the advantage in my eyes.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher: Well honestly, I haven't seen crap when it comes to agility from Namor. As you can see(from my scans) agility can have a big effect on a fight. Add in the fact that Aquaman can hurt Namor(people within his strenght range have before), plus Aquaman's tactical ability, the fish(yes that's right the fish can have an effect on the fight), and maybe his magic hand(which I think can heal him, I keep forgetting to look into that thing.) And I think that Aquaman can take this in a good fight. 

Also, it'd be nice seeing as I'm going out of my way to provide scans, that you'd bring something to the table. :/
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By sexy_merc

As for strength, based on consistent showings, Aquaman isn't that far behind Namor, if not in the same league.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Sexy Merc: 
No Caption Provided

He's breaking free from the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak here. I can't see Aquaman doing that.
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133  Edited By ComicStooge

Wins here
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Decoy Elite

It is very late, so I'm going to bed. So forgive me if I take a while to respond to any arguments.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite:   

Dodging Sonic Blasts 

Dodging lasers 

breaking through tons of ice. (tons as in actual weight, not tons as in a lot). 

Lifting a full oil tanker. I can't say how heavy, let's just say very.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite: taking a hit from Mjolnir 

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#137  Edited By SuperTide

Aquaman

Mighty Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Mighty Max
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Sexy Merc: 
No Caption Provided

He's breaking free from the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak here. I can't see Aquaman doing that. "
I always felt that was PIS, the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak have held the hulk loads of times and Juggernaut a couple of times, neither of them have ever been able to break them as well as a whole host of other characters, personally I've only ever seen 2 characters break out of them and that was Namor here and somebody else, I can't remember off hand who it was but..... damn it I can't remember!

Anyway this is really even Namor has aload of amazing strength feats, he's ridiculous! This is Orin we're talking about though so probably aquaman! It's a very close fight no matter the outcome! Orin is pretty bad@ss though:

No Caption Provided
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By dane

Aquaman.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Matezoide2
@Dane said:
" Aquaman. "
easy or hard fight?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By dane
@Matezoide: honestly, probably not that hard. Aquaman has his magical hand here.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher: Okay, thank you for the scans. I'm sure about him taking a hit from Thor's hammer, I don't think it was a full on hit or it could be PIS because Namor has been harmed by attacks from such foes as Thing, but whatever. 

Anywho, those dodging feats are above water(where Namor is faster) so I'm not sure he can dodge as quickly underwater, not to mention Aquaman still has the speed advantage. Lifting a sub is the kind of thing Aquaman usual does and I actually think his strenght feat(lifting a city block, although some argue it's just an entire building) is on par with that. So I think it proves that strength wise, they're not actually that far apart. Plus, you need to factor in the local sea life, which Aquaman can and will use against Namor, so Namor will have to dodge Aquaman and all his fish that he summon.
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#143  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Aquaman.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite: That wasn't an entire city block, it was a building. You can see the slope, so I'm giving him a entire building and not a block. Still impressive, that's on par with the Submarine for sure. But the most impressive feat IMO was breaking from the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak. That's on par with stopping the Juggernaut.  

P.S. I am aware that the Crimson Bands thing is PIS, but one good PIS scan deserves another. :)
spider-pig23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By spider-pig23

Namor

collector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By collector

Aquaman    
cagane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By cagane

Aquaman overwhelms.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#148  Edited By Deadcool

Wow... Marvel's Aquaman vs Dc's Namor... GODDAMED IS THE SAME CHARACTER!!!!!
Even in the Justice Leage (The cartoon) Aquaman is the same thing as Namor, there is not difference (Well, namor is able to fly, is a dick and has Incalculable strength under the water, same as Aquaman, though) SAME CHARACTER

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Aqua11500
@Deadcool said:
" Wow... Marvel's Aquaman vs Dc's Namor... GODDAMED IS THE SAME CHARACTER!!!!!
Even in the Justice Leage (The cartoon) Aquaman is the same thing as Namor, there is not difference (Well, namor is able to fly, is a dick and has Incalculable strength under the water, same as Aquaman, though) SAME CHARACTER "
Co-signed
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman wins in a very good fight, one he would remember and tell his grand children about.