#1 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the New 52 Aquaman.

Victory by killing. Random encounter.

Twist-the fight takes place in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

#2 Posted by Argothor (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Aquaman could take this.

#3 Edited by BlackWind (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, a desert, really? This has been done plenty of times. And Namor wins. DCnU Aquaman doeen't have nearly enough feats to compare to Namor's. And before anyone starts to try and correct me, I usually root for Arthur in any thread involving him and Namor.

#4 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@argothor said:

I believe Aquaman could take this.

New 52 Aquaman lacks the strength and durability feats to contend with Namor.

#5 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor wins, New Aquaman lacks the feats to do what his pre 52 self can do .... pre-52 stomps, but new 52 gets owned badly.

#6 Edited by TheBournePoster (1786 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor would beat pre 52 as well...

#7 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor would beat pre 52 as well...

Namor would get owned by Pre 52's telepathy, get real

#8 Posted by TheBournePoster (1786 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: No he wouldn't. I could conversely say that Namor could do so to Aquaman. Namor is much stronger, and has a huge variety of other abilities.

#9 Posted by sync1 (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman didn't do so good in the desert.....

#10 Posted by Justiceavengers69 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Well first namor loses this because his powers slowly when he's out of water and he can die if he is on land or in water for too long. Aquaman would just take this fight slowly and wait for namors powers to diminish. Also namor can only use his full strength in water so aquaman wins after a long one

#11 Posted by dondave (38883 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#12 Edited by robertloucksjr (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor. New 52 Aquaman bleeds from small arms fire. Namor withstands cannon fire.

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: No he wouldn't. I could conversely say that Namor could do so to Aquaman. Namor is much stronger, and has a huge variety of other abilities.

You're full of it, Aquaman in pre 52 gave white martian seizures, devolved telepathic sharks and lifted large buildings along with entire street corners. Not to mention the magic water hand which allows him complete control over water....you don't know what you're talking about anyway, no reason for me to even continue

#14 Posted by homicidalmaniac (8252 posts) - - Show Bio

@justiceavengers69: I seen Namor on land for a long time.And he doesn't shown signs of dying on land.

#15 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor possibly.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor under these conditions.

#17 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is much faster than Namor underwater, and likely faster on land but Namor has the flight advantage.

If AQ can tackle him with the trident he can take it.

Could go either way. Also in the preview of the latest issue AQ lifts a submarine and has already lifted a cruise ship in Nu52, Namor might be stronger but not by much these days (in AvX he lost to the Thing underwater...)

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because they are in the desert, Namor doesn't instantly weaken or dehydrate. The guy's been in battles with the Human Torches and Sunfire and has tanked their blasts and continued to fight and he already has a high class of base strength. He shook an entire island by slamming both fists into the ground. While he was on the ground, he's thrown a tank through a flying 747's wing that was already at peak altitude. He traded blows with the likes of Hulk, Hercules, Iron Man, Thor, and the Thing on land. And even in his latest fight with the Thing about a year ago, right after Namor came from the water and one hit KO'd She-Hulk with Luke Cage, they both collided with each other and caused a shockwave that knocked everyone else's unconscious bodies away and almost knocked out the Apex, whom was watching from the sidelines undetected and was up in a tree IIRC. While Namor does end up trying to bring high class opponents in the water and has quite often or at least gotten knocked into the water by them and returned to fight, doesn't mean he still isn't strong. If he brings them into the water or retreats into it, it does bring his strength back up to peak but it's also the area he excels in and isn't afraid to use it. And Aquaman has no knowledge of Namor. He isn't going to draw out the battle because 1) he doesn't know the weakness, and 2) the desert isn't his favorite place either.

#19 Edited by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11 said:

Aquaman is much faster than Namor underwater, and likely faster on land but Namor has the flight advantage.

If AQ can tackle him with the trident he can take it.

Could go either way. Also in the preview of the latest issue AQ lifts a submarine and has already lifted a cruise ship in Nu52, Namor might be stronger but not by much these days (in AvX he lost to the Thing underwater...)

A lot of those A vs X issues were very spotty and riddled with holes and only certain ones had any merit to them. Thing also won by stabbing giant fish tusks around Namor's neck and Namor actually struggled to get loose, which is silly when you consider the fact he's lifted hundreds of thousands of tons underwater. So why Thing, who doesn't really have the speed to match Namor underwater in the first place, should beat him by incapacitation, let alone get him in that position to begin, is beyond me. And besides, they had a 2nd fight in an actual tie in and they virtually stalemated and this was after Namor was already out of the water.

#20 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor

#21 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I know but it's still canon in a major Marvel crossover. And even stalemating Thing is not that impressive, he should be above Ben.

Anyway this fight in the desert could go either way, but I think the trident might make it easier for AQ to hurt Namor.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Plenty of things are canon, doesn't make them consistent or usable. And the feat was better for Thing because it shows he can fight on close to equal footing with a freshly hydrated Namor and based on consistency that fight >>>>> the one you mentioned. By the logic of anything, I should be able to go into a Hulk thread and say he loses to Batman because he lost to a snake. It's canon.

#23 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: lol good point, didn't know about the snake and Hulk (issue btw for the snake incident? seems hilarious)

That's why I said Namor should be above the Thing even out of water.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: I wish I had the scans, but I don't =(.

I think he has advantages over the Thing, but Thing has some over him. I think it was more to show how far Thing has come since while he has been popular, he's usually been a backburner type and his upgrades in strength have been very slowly gained throughout the decades. Namor's been pretty stagnant for years.

#25 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I agree Ben seems to have an increase in strength, but I want to ask do you think these days Namor might be shown again as a match for Hulk or Thor since you brought up that (good) point? It seems Marvel might not be willing to have Namor up to that level again. These days he seems much closer to say Thing or Colossus maybe (not sure).IMO

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: He could be at least get some good licks on Thor and Hulk, but he should ultimately lose. And like I said, I think Colossus and Thing are closer to Namor's level because they have grown to that point since Namor has been stagnant for so long while other characters were continuously getting stronger like the Thing and Colossus, and ultimately Hulk.

#27 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by comic_book_fan (5912 posts) - - Show Bio

namor beats aquaman.

#29 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter said:

You're full of it, Aquaman in pre 52 gave white martian seizures, devolved telepathic sharks and lifted large buildings along with entire street corners. Not to mention the magic water hand which allows him complete control over water....you don't know what you're talking about anyway, no reason for me to even continue

The magic hand is the only reason the OP is about the N52 Aquaman. This hand can dehydrate anyone with one touch.

#30 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor takes this due to durability IMHO. First issue of aquaman, he gets a cut on his face from a ricocheted bullet.

#31 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

The magic hand is the only reason the OP is about the N52 Aquaman. This hand can dehydrate anyone with one touch.

I know, I was just expressing how badly Namor would get owned by pre-52 Aquaman....

Anyway, Namor wins against New 52 Aquaman anyday due to lack of sufficient feats .....

#32 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

I know, I was just expressing how badly Namor would get owned by pre-52 Aquaman....

Anyway, Namor wins against New 52 Aquaman anyday due to lack of sufficient feats .....

Aquaman's jump can catch Namor while airborne I think. How high can Namor fly?

#33 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, and I don't think it even matters, Namor is stronger and would be able to knock Aquaman away if he jumped at him.

#34 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

I don't know, and I don't think it even matters, Namor is stronger and would be able to knock Aquaman away if he jumped at him.

Aquaman's shown some pretty nice feats himself, like flipping over an armored van without breaking a sweat. Don't forget he's also a trained warrior, he's a natural born fighter and has trained from a young age. Plus, his trident is a big advantage. I think he's got a good shot here.

#35 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor wins, New Aquaman lacks the feats to do what his pre 52 self can do .... pre-52 stomps, but new 52 gets owned badly.

#36 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's shown some pretty nice feats himself, like flipping over an armored van without breaking a sweat. Don't forget he's also a trained warrior, he's a natural born fighter and has trained from a young age. Plus, his trident is a big advantage. I think he's got a good shot here.

Namor shook an entire island by slamming both fists into the ground. While he was on the ground, he's thrown a tank through a flying 747's wing that was already at peak altitude. He traded blows with the likes of Hulk, Hercules, Iron Man, Thor, and the Thing on land. And even in his latest fight with the Thing about a year ago, right after Namor came from the water and one hit KO'd She-Hulk with Luke Cage, they both collided with each other and caused a shockwave that knocked everyone else's unconscious bodies away and almost knocked out the Apex, whom was watching from the sidelines undetected and was up in a tree IIRC. While Namor does end up trying to bring high class opponents in the water and has quite often or at least gotten knocked into the water by them and returned to fight, doesn't mean he still isn't strong. If he brings them into the water or retreats into it, it does bring his strength back up to peak but it's also the area he excels in and isn't afraid to use it. And Aquaman has no knowledge of Namor. He isn't going to draw out the battle because 1) he doesn't know the weakness, and 2) the desert isn't his favorite place either.

I think this sums it up .....

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@the_red_viper said:

He's flown alongside jets before. And considering he can and has dodged lasers and caught missiles etc, I doubt Aquaman's jump is going to catch him off guard.

#38 Posted by TheBournePoster (1786 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Well, the correct way to deal with obvious trolls is to ignore them, but such a ridiculously ignorant post warrants a response.

Strength wise, anyone saying Aquaman is stronger is likely on drugs. When has Aquaman ever shattered the crimson bands of cytorrak, or knocked out Savage Hulk? And control over water? How about this?

namorfeat266tn.gif

When has Aquaman ever ignored impacts the level of Iron Man's repulsers, or shaken off a blow from Thor's hammer?

From the telepathy angle, Namor has resisted telepathy from the likes of Emma Frost. So it's not nearly as cut and dry.

#39 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: @thebourneposter: Keep it civil, guys.

When has Aquaman ever ignored impacts the level of Iron Man's repulsers, or shaken off a blow from Thor's hammer?

To be fair, IM's repulsors blasts have harmed stronger and more durable opponents than Namor before and Tony wasn't exactly ready for a fight in that issue. Plus, his mask shouldn't have been ripped off that easy, as well, so depending on how you take that fight could be a bit of inconsistency. Not to mention that Tony has also defeated Namor a few times, too. And Namor's body naturally absorbs electricity. While the hammer still had the melee type damage, the total package of damage if you will, is lessened. And Thor has shown he can one hit drop Namor if he doesn't hold back. As far as Marvel bricks go, Namor isn't the most durable. He can have fights with higher class people but as I mentioned, he usually tries to get water involved somehow IE taking Hulk into the water, Hercules into the water, Iron Man into the water, etc. I mentioned them though because he can still slug it out for some time on land. But characters of a lower class than them have hurt and beaten Namor before. She-Hulk's defeated him twice when she was a class 75.

From the telepathy angle, Namor has resisted telepathy from the likes of Emma Frost. So it's not nearly as cut and dry.

But Emma has also casually gotten through his defenses plenty of times and a Sinister hivemind got through his defenses+ whatever X-club whipped up with ease. Immunity is one thing, but Namor's overall resistance to telepathy isn't great.

#41 Edited by BlackWind (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps one day new 52 Aquaman could match Namor, but as of this moment, he cannot. Pre 52 is a far closer match which either could win, really. On another note, am I the only one who thinks Namor and Aquaman can both be awesome without a fan war jumping off as to who is better?

#42 Posted by desmond006 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor wins with flying and better feats.

#43 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps one day new 52 Aquaman could match Namor, but as of this moment, he cannot. Pre 52 is a far closer match which either could win, really. On another note, am I the only one who thinks Namor and Aquaman can both be awesome without a fan war jumping off as to who is better?

They are awesome and thare's no fan war here, lol... Just a discussion.

#44 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5656 posts) - - Show Bio

@justiceavengers69: have you ever read a book with Namor in it? He doesn't have to be in water to use his full strength and neither one of them weaken as fast as you implied away from water either. Namor is stronger and more durable than AM, he wins, not easy but he wins.

#45 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Well, the correct way to deal with obvious trolls is to ignore them, but such a ridiculously ignorant post warrants a response.

Strength wise, anyone saying Aquaman is stronger is likely on drugs. When has Aquaman ever shattered the crimson bands of cytorrak, or knocked out Savage Hulk? And control over water? How about this?

God_Spawn already handled your last few statements, so I'll cut to it and keep this as civil as possible...obvious trolls? Not only do you not know what you speak on but you also don't know what a troll is, but nice to know that your vocab consists of thrown around words with no context or general meaning. Even you mentioning ignorance is ironic.

When has Namor flipped over an entire city street along with it's buildings, cars, trees and sewage pipe lines?

Guess who else broke them, Super Skrull and Sentry, the lack of context when you mentioned it though astounds me. The only reason why he was able to break them was because of Dr Strange's damaged mental state which weakened the bands ..... If you were suggesting that Namor could break the bands like that normally then tell me who the troll really is here...Knocking out Hulk? Captain America and Spider-Man have done it, big whoop ..... That water feat is literally nothing compared to what Aquaman has done with the waterhand.

hell, Aquaman has done better than Namor without the waterhand ....

2303100-00_1.jpg (675×1023)

Pre-52 Aquaman would absolutely wreck Namor not only with the water hand but telepathy, Namor would be seizing on the ground in a second .....

#46 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Just want to throw out some stuff about AQ.

We all know that he is much faster than Namor (underwater) but as for strength, durability and damage I'd like to mention, since we are talking Nu52 he has already

1. Lifted an ocean liner cruise ship (over 100000 tons)

2. Punched and collapsed an underwater hill/mountain side to trap the Trench

3. Pierced Darkseid's armor (only JL member to do that, with the Trident)

4. Took point blank hits from Wonder Woman and Darkseid (who are both ridiculously above Thing in strength)

5. Sent Supes flying with a punch

6. Tackled WW using super speed on land and pinned her down for a moment (did the same against Ocean Master, but won the fight)

7. In his latest issue lifted a nuclear sub and then tossed it from the bottom of the ocean to the surface (ranging from 6800 to 18000 tons).

Namor might be stronger still, but it's very close (unlike their speed where AQ holds a big advantage)

Again I'm not making an argument on who would win in the middle of the desert but so far all I hear in every forum is Namor is stronger because he fought the Hulk (like 50 years ago) while his most recent appearances put him more in the Thing/Colossus ballpark (and Thing/Colossus most certainly is not Hulk).

On the other hand AQ is showing month after month class 100 feats like they are nothing in or out of the water.

Pre Flashpoint for every "Hulk" or "Thing" Namor fought AQ has fought characters like WW, Olympian, Slig, Triton (DC), Despero, etc who are all confirmed class 100 characters and some of them (like Despero would hand Hulk his @ss). Plus in Midsummer's Nightmare (the prequel to Morisson's JLA) the villain of the story was pinning the entire JLA to the ground using some kind of invisible force (Superman, Wonder Woman, MM, Flash, GL included) and the only one able to power through his power was Aquaman (in relation to the Crimson Bands of Cytorak, which have been broken more than once before by lesser characters like Super Skrull)

Post Flashpoint he already had said skirmish with WW, a fight with Ocean Master (Atlanteans in the NuDC are strong enough to send Supes flying with a punch), the JLA fight with Darkseid and the feats I listed above. He also broke the shield from Graves something the other JL members were not able to do.

So to sum up Namor MIGHT be stronger but it's very close. Plus he has his Trident as standard equipment, Namor does not.

Again it could go either way on the desert.