• 113 results
#51 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@beatboks1:

Edited Feat Scans & Explanations

He has been the durability to withstand the most intense heat and can endure Iron Man's heat blasts.

Aquaman fighting Black Manta in extreme heat and force, breaking a harpoon with his skin from close-range, and withstanding Black Manta intense heat blasts at point blank.

Even though Aquaman is classed below Iron Man in strength levels, with the possession of his trident he is definitely more of a brute powerhouse than Iron Man. His powers are yet to be determined, however he does possess the same abilities that Ocean Master has with his trident. Especially in bloodlusted, who knows the full power that Aquaman could unleash.

its funny that all you think ironman has is heat rays ironman would rain down hell on aquaman he dont even have to fight aquaman face to face just send in one of his drones

#52 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

Iron Man flies in the air and takes him down with literally no effort

fanboy, haha!

yeah me and fanboyism for a character i dislike...i'm being logical how do you explain Aquaman hitting Iron man while in the air?? Oh and next time you call someone a fanboy i feel that maybe some evidence would help, you know, instead of accusing a guy with a decent explanation.

#53 Posted by papabearg4d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

While operating at 100% shields, Iron Man's armor tanked a blast that leveled an entire city.

While operating at two percent shields, Iron Man's armor tanked a nuke.

Hell, Iron Man was the one who set it off because he knew his armor could withstand the blast without even so much as a scratch.

Aquaman's best quantifiable feat is lifting a cruise ship. By that logic, Tony's armor shouldn't have lasted more than two seconds against a Hulk(who has strength feats that vastly surpasses New 52 Aquaman's strength feats). New 52 Aquman has no strength feats to suggest he would even dent Tony's armor, let alone destroy it.

This is assuming that Aquaman can even tag Tony since he has reacted to missiles being launched at him.

if you dont mind me asking, what comic book issues are these scans?

#54 Posted by papabearg4d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

@ckuakini said:

@beatboks1:

He has been the durability to withstand the most intense heat and can endure Iron Man's heat blasts.

Aquaman fighting Black Manta in extreme heat and force, breaking a harpoon with his skin from close-range, and withstanding Black Manta intense heat blasts at point blank.

Even though Aquaman is classed below Iron Man in strength levels, with the possession of his trident he is definitely more of a brute powerhouse than Iron Man. His powers are yet to be determined, however he does possess the same abilities that Ocean Master has with his trident. Especially in bloodlusted, who knows the full power that Aquaman could unleash.

its funny that all you think ironman has is heat rays ironman would rain down hell on aquaman he dont even have to fight aquaman face to face just send in one of his drones

what comic book issue is this iron man scan?

#55 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't fair at all, the only version of Aquaman that can beat Iron Man (and several other avengers) is pre 52 with magic water hand ....... but NU? no, he gets stomped by Tony.

#57 Edited by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

Well, if you want to go that direction, Aquaman can also summon forth his army as back-up. The Atlanteans all possess superhuman abilities and are one of the strongest races in DCU. Being of Atlantean Royalty, Aquaman and any blood of the royal family acquire great amount of superhuman strength and abilities, being able to lift 100 tons plus of weight in water (25x tons more of ocean depth) as well as on land. Their trained warriors of the Atlantean Army also had the ability to take on the Justice League and their reinforcements and have been shown to be a brutal force in the New 52. Although, their full potential is yet to be determined, they have proven that they deserve to be listed has top-tier powerhouses.

Murk and his frontline army are one of the strongest forces in the Atlantean army, considered this they are brute powerhouses. He has trained in the fire pits, being the only survivor to make it out and has defended King Orm against the Deep Six and Fire Trolls. Their full potential has yet to be determined. However within these next couple issues in Aquaman, we'll probably get to see some feats of theirs. (Scans from Aquaman #17)

Vulko, not of Atlantean royal blood, a normal Atlantean had the power to punch Superman off his feet after being unconscious and while he was lying down with little effort.

Not only could Aquaman summon his Atlantean army to battle if this is the case, but he can also command the sharks of the ocean to devour those flying drones, especially if the battle is taken place surrounded by cold water like Long Island (who knows what kind of monsters lies underneath). Again for drones are hovering androids and will be arriving above water.

Atlantean Army: 1 | Iron Man Drones: 0

#58 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@papabearg4d said:

@jackofspades said:

@ckuakini said:

@beatboks1:

what comic book issue is this iron man scan?

sorry this is a old scan i forgot but ill try to look it up for you

#59 Posted by xeon1cs (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: I don't know why you keep posting scans of people Superman isn't even fighting. People he's trying to talk to or help, then them just sucker punching him, as if they're supposed to be on his level or capable of hurting him.

And where is this "Atlantean's are one of the most powerful races in DC" thing coming from? Still waiting for that scan stating Atlantean artifacts are made from one of the hardest materials in DC.

It's literally impossible for Aquaman to win this fight.

#60 Posted by drunkninja (11 posts) - - Show Bio

i have to go with aquaman

#61 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@papabearg4d said:

if you dont mind me asking, what comic book issues are these scans?

1. Don't know where the top feat is from.

2. The middle feat is from Illuminati #5.

3. The bottom feat is from The Invincible Iron Man #501.

#62 Posted by papabearg4d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: thanks, appreciate it!

#63 Posted by StayclassyMarvel (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, by an inch! He's near-superman power, and if he's close to the sea, the whole environment is his. I don't think Iron Man could outrun 70% of the world, and Aquaman could flick off his Uni-beam missles

#64 Posted by wbr17 (352 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know where you got this royal blood stuff, never read it.

In the fight against Bat, Super and WW, they (including Aquaman) all were holding back.

#65 Posted by termiteone4ever (8262 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight could go either way. ironman has the flight advantage Aquaman has the sea. The better fighter is aquaman so he might pull it off his tactics could make it happen

#66 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I think flight and ranged power attacks give Tony quite the advantage, not too sure here though.

#67 Posted by henryarguelles73 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man has the enough strength to go toe-to-toe, and more than enough options to keep this fight ranged...and he's a smart fighter. New 52 Aquaman is good...but not good enough.

#68 Edited by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs: The Atlanteans have proven many times before that they do possess great superhuman abilities and believe that they themselves belong on the list of powerful races such as the Kryptonians and Thanagarians. They also have the ability to control the ocean, which is vastly made up of 75% of our world, as well as swim underneath the weight of the ocean floor, thus accumulating great amount of strength and durability as part of their main feats. Here is a panel of Aquaman taking on Black Manta's forces, being squashed by huge rocks and pillars, then lifting it up off of him.

The Atlanteans once was a thriving, powerful race nation in the world.

Aquaman, again has taken on the likes of powerhouses such as Darkseid, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Ocean Master, along with quite a few Atlanteans, and Cheetah (who derived her powers from a god). Being of Atlantean royal blood, he is stronger and possesses much more superhuman abilities than the normal Atlantean. Aquaman, single handling should be classed alongside the Kyrptonian and Thanagarian race.

As to the Atlantean artifacts, the full potential has yet to be determined. However, it is known that the relics are in fact very powerful weaponry in future technology and could create much catastrophe.

Aquaman when they fought on the JLA/Avengers crossover, non-cannon as it is, the best Iron Man could do was to blow Aquaman's harpoon off. He is also much stronger and smarter than Namor, who's known to give (Earth-616) Iron Man a hard time in all their confrontations in Marvel comics. Although it was his defensive durability that helped him stay in the battle longer, Namor's armor and durability is somewhat in a weaker state than Aquaman and still had the ability to withstand the repulsor rays and heat of Iron Man. However this information is irrelevant being that this game settings is of a New 52 Version Aquaman.

#69 Posted by benette_rivera (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

fanboy, haha!

yeah me and fanboyism for a character i dislike...i'm being logical how do you explain Aquaman hitting Iron man while in the air?? Oh and next time you call someone a fanboy i feel that maybe some evidence would help, you know, instead of accusing a guy with a decent explanation.

and where is your decent explanation on your comment? I can't seem to find one, can you help me? haha! And let me ask you the same question? How do you explain IM hitting aquaman at the very bottom of the ocean??

#70 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

fanboy, haha!

and where is your decent explanation on your comment? I can't seem to find one, can you help me? haha! And let me ask you the same question? How do you explain IM hitting aquaman at the very bottom of the ocean??

Ok then while Iron Man flies around in the air Aquaman hides in the ocean??? Seems legit, i guess we might as well call it a stalemate then. For someone criticising my comment i haven't seen any input from you? How do you think Aquaman hits Tony, a guy who can fly at mach 9?

#71 Posted by xeon1cs (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: If by taken on Superman, Wonder Woman etc. You mean he sucker punched them, and then was quickly put in his place, then sure. But otherwise, no.

Also since when is Batman a powerhouse? He "took on" Darkseid, when the entire league was literally grappling with him. Aquaman is no where near Kryptonian-level strength.

He still has absolutely zero way to deal with Iron Man taking flight.

#72 Posted by Saren (25424 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman did not beat Cheetah. She threw the fight because the leader of the Secret Society gave her orders to get locked up in Belle Reve and wait for further instructions ---- probably so that she can break out with Ocean Master in tow.

I refuse to reconcile myself to the reality of Aquaman fanboys.

#73 Posted by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs: Sorry, "top-tier superheroes and villains".

About his flight, Aquaman could either leap from off the ground and try to strike him with his trident, or fall back to his domain and summon water to lure IM down. After AQ has done just that, he'll capture IM in a mess of waves and whirlpools making him very out of place and dizzy, eventually yielding his ability to fly up into the air and sending him down to the ocean floor. Aquaman has full advantage after this and will end IM, especially in bloodlusted. First, he'll cast IM down to the ocean depths to test out how durable his iron suit is, and if his helmet comes off IM is completely finished after having 10 tons of weight come pressuring on top on him and exploding his insides. If this doesn't work out and his new armored suit is updated with new underwater features, AQ can crush him with hard water constructs, summon sharks and the largest beings of the sea to devour IM and rip his suit apart, and even make his suit malfunction with his telepathic power although his capabilities has yet to be determined.

#74 Posted by argusx (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

About his flight, Aquaman could either leap from off the ground and try to strike him with his trident, or fall back to his domain and summon water to lure IM down. After AQ has done just that, he'll capture IM in a mess of waves and whirlpools making him very out of place and dizzy, eventually yielding his ability to fly up into the air and sending him down to the ocean floor. Aquaman has full advantage after this and will end IM, especially in bloodlusted. First, he'll cast IM down to the ocean depths to test out how durable his iron suit is, and if his helmet comes off IM is completely finished after having 10 tons of weight come pressuring on top on him and exploding his insides. If this doesn't work out and his new armored suit is updated with new underwater features, AQ can crush him with hard water constructs, summon sharks and the largest beings of the sea to devour IM and rip his suit apart, and even make his suit malfunction with his telepathic power although his capabilities has yet to be determined.

When did the new Aquaman display water manipulation?

#75 Edited by BlackWind (7374 posts) - - Show Bio

@argusx: He doesn't have it.

@CitizenBane said:

Aquaman did not beat Cheetah. She threw the fight because the leader of the Secret Society gave her orders to get locked up in Belle Reve and wait for further instructions ---- probably so that she can break out with Ocean Master in tow.

More like the just one.

#76 Edited by benette_rivera (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@argusx said:

@ckuakini said:

When did the new Aquaman display water manipulation?

well, orm told Arthur in JL # 16 that the "crown" controls water/ocean. Since, aquaman has the crown now, let's suppose that he can also control the ocean now.

#77 Posted by argusx (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@benette_rivera:

Aquaman destroyed the "crown" during his fight Orm.

#78 Posted by benette_rivera (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@argusx: oh right, i forgot about that, well maybe they can just create a new one, haha! thanks for reminding :)

#79 Posted by benette_rivera (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

fanboy, haha!

Ok then while Iron Man flies around in the air Aquaman hides in the ocean??? Seems legit, i guess we might as well call it a stalemate then. For someone criticising my comment i haven't seen any input from you? How do you think Aquaman hits Tony, a guy who can fly at mach 9?

Speaking of logic, do you think aquaman will take the fight outside the water if he knows that he can't take a flying IM? Same goes with IM, why would he dive underwater if he knows he can't take on Aquaman underwater?? This fight could go both ways since both are bloodlusted. Aquaman may win, Iron Man may win, or a stalemate just like what you've told.

#80 Edited by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

@argusx: He didn't yet, but Aquaman does possess the first king's trident made from Atlantean artifacts which Vulko told him where to find it. However, he's yet to be depicted of water manipulation as of right now and primarily uses the trident rather as his kingship...and a skrewer. Although, he is shown to have puncture through Darkseid, being the only Leaguer to do so and make him bleed, and break through the magical ice barrier of Graves which seemed indestructible at the time. His capabilities with the trident has yet to be fully determined.

#81 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

@benette_rivera said:

@202122 said:

fanboy, haha!

Speaking of logic, do you think aquaman will take the fight outside the water if he knows that he can't take a flying IM? Same goes with IM, why would he dive underwater if he knows he can't take on Aquaman underwater?? This fight could go both ways since both are bloodlusted. Aquaman may win, Iron Man may win, or a stalemate just like what you've told.

Yeah agreed but when have you ever seen Aquaman run from a fight? He'll attack head on not dive into the water and hope Iron man decides to go for a swim. Iron man is smart enough to know not to follow Aquaman into the water but in the first battle it's going to go to IM. If the fight was best out of the three then i'm sure Arthur would dive but not in the first encounter

#82 Posted by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122: Again, the settings are in bloodlusted so strategic tactics are declined a whole lot, as they're mainly focusing on inflicting damage rather than take precaution and think things through.

#83 Posted by TheAcidSkull (19326 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Yeah, and as much as i hate the way aquaman is written right now, Marvel Now Iron man is not really that impressive, which is sad.

#84 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

Yeah, and as much as i hate the way aquaman is written right now

What do you hate about it?

@TheAcidSkull said:

Marvel Now Iron man is not really that impressive, which is sad.

I know, Matt Fraction is a MUCH better Iron Man writer.

@papabearg4d said:

@xxxddd: thanks, appreciate it!

Your welcome!

@BlackWind said:

More like the just one.

So I'm not just?

#85 Edited by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, we know that Aquaman could take on the repulsor rays of Iron Man, both have somewhat equal strength and durability (more so Iron Man), both could run out of bounds to get full advantage, IM could summon his Iron Man Drones and AQ could summon his Atlantean Army or command the sea life for assistance, AQ could somehow get IM down from hovering over him with a leap out of the water sending huge waves to grab IM as well, eventually capturing him and bringing him down to the ocean floor where AQ has all the advantage in the world. He could even speed blitz through IM while underwater and make his armored suit malfunction, after that it's the end for Iron Man. We've also been hearing that IM could get a hold of AQ and send him flying into orbit, then when gravity comes into play, IM will drop him down from the skies, free-falling and probably end AQ's campaign. However, in the panels below, he does have the capability of withstanding immense falls such as this one and will only affect AQ for a little, until he regains composure.

#86 Posted by THORSON (2559 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman

#87 Posted by 18hunt (2952 posts) - - Show Bio

AM

#88 Posted by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON said:

aquaman

Explain why, if you will.

#89 Posted by MzombieX (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@BecauseImSpiderMan: Aquaman possesses really tough skin durability, enough to withstand the immense heat of Iron Man's repulsive plasmic rays from his palms and feet. He is depicted to have the same jump distance as Superman and couple launch into the air as if he were flying. Aquaman could just jump for Iron Man and strike him with his long-range trident weaponry.

If this is not the case, Aquaman can always summon sharks to try and devour the flying metal man like how he did to Darkseid's parademons.

Iron-Man's armor is well and above being shark proof. I don't see that as a logical strategy. That being said, you've been posting some nice scans of Aquaman. He hasn't always been given enough respect in the past ... so much respect to you.

I've always been a fan of Namor myself, and it's becoming more clear as of late that Aquaman is being given showings of strength or durability that bring him closer to Namor's class level. Namor has been shown to shrug off IM's repulsor rays at point blank on a few separate occasions. Namor is also highly resistant to explosives and automatic weapon fire. If Aquaman can match that durability, he may have a chance. The combination of Arthur's strength with the Trident of Neptune - would open up Stark's armor like a can of tuna.

The problem in this match lies with the disadvantage Arthur is at, in terms of air superiority. He needs to get close to be effective. Something that Namor is capable of but Aquaman lacks. With that being the case, Stark is free to open up with max settings and a full barrage of attacks that may overwhelm Aquaman. On land, Arthur is a sitting duck. He would have to be in a position near water to somehow take Stark out of the sky with a well timed tidal wave, and draw him to his element, or drop him from the sky with an electrical attack ... if you believe his mastery of the Trident's lightning is enough to be capable of that. He may be able to leap quite high but Stark should still have him at a massive disadvantage in terms of speed & maneuverability.

The way I see it, I'd have to give the edge to Iron-Man in this battle overall. Based on the fact that Aquaman has to work harder, and have things play out just right, to pull off a victory. Yet if Arthur can manage to bring this battle into close quarters, then that may swing the tide of this battle in his favor.

By the way, have you seen Aquaman's showing in the new Injustice video game being released? He's an absolute beast! :)

#90 Posted by Lvenger (21811 posts) - - Show Bio

From this thread, I think it's pretty clear that Iron Man can win. He's stronger, faster, actually has a ranged attacks and is overall more versatile than Arthur. The only version of Aquaman that can soundly beat Iron Man is the Pre New 52 water hand Aquaman. He could just dehydrate all the water molecules in Tony's body not to mention the other powers at his disposal. But despite some good early showings, New 52 Aquaman isn't beating Iron Man any time soon.

#91 Posted by THORSON (2559 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini:

at bloodlust aquaman seems more versatile, and more likely to put up a good fight. ironman is ironman who isn't that durable, take away the power and ironman is useless.

#92 Posted by Clark_EL (2690 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman with ease.

If Tony had prep he would have a good chance.

#93 Edited by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

@clark_el: @thorson: Agreed on ThorSon's reasons. Without his helmet, Iron Man is vulnerable to any attacks to the face and more so underwater. If Aquaman get's a chance to pull him underwater it's over. Knowing how tempting everything might be for Iron Man, he'll definitely want to try and test Aquaman's abilities, especially if it's a random encounter from two different universes; therefore, Iron Man is finished. Here are couple panels depicting the same scenario I explained; however, Namor is in place of Aquaman. Although, Doctor Strange saved him, this is still accountable for as a defeat on behalf of Iron Man.

Anyone else watching Iron Man 2 on FX right now?

#94 Edited by k4tzm4n (35165 posts) - - Show Bio

This all depends on how Tony reacts. If he plays it smart and focuses on ranged attacks, he's likely to take it. Arthur's durable, but not too durable for Iron Man -- an assault rifle round drew blood, after all. That said, it is in character for Tony to get close from time to time, and that's going to be a really risky situation for him. Current Arthur has the strength to send the likes of Wonder Woman and Superman soaring with a single strike. Since they're bloodlusted, I see it as being likely Tony will utilize his weapons before getting in close and that should warrant a solid advantage. Arthur goes down fighting and could definitely take some if Tony gets close, but I see Tony's advantage of flight and assorted projectiles being key here.

Staff
#95 Posted by Clark_EL (2690 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Edited by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

This all depends on how Tony reacts. If he plays it smart and focuses on ranged attacks, he's likely to take it. Arthur's durable, but not too durable for Iron Man -- an assault rifle round drew blood, after all. That said, it is in character for Tony to get close from time to time, and that's going to be a really risky situation for him. Current Arthur has the strength to send the likes of Wonder Woman and Superman soaring with a single strike. Since they're bloodlusted, I see it as being likely Tony will utilize his weapons before getting in close and that should warrant a solid advantage. Arthur goes down fighting and could definitely take some if Tony gets close, but I see Tony's advantage of flight and assorted projectiles being key here.

Iron Man definitely has the advantage with all the technologically advanced weaponry built into his "improvised" armored suit and will be a challenge for Aquaman to see how durable he really is. Knowing that Tony acquires pretty much every size fire-arm in his suit and is bloodlusted, he'll probably go ahead and test AM's durability out himself. However, after having sustained quite a few blows, Aquaman will eventually go into the water and somewhat regenerate; which he could use at an advantage knowing that IM cannot restore in anyway during battle. Here are scans of Aquaman's early years in the Justice League depicting his leaping prowess, great strategical thinking, experience with his trident, effective telepathy, a strong durability having deflect high-caliber bullets from multiple choppers.

He also a substantial leaping distances from out of the water and could possibly get ahold of Iron Man sending him down to the ocean depths where Aquaman has full advantage.

Iron Man does have the upper hand with weaponry and his advantages of flight maneuverability.

#97 Posted by silverJuggernaut (136 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man wins

#98 Posted by silverJuggernaut (136 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man wins

#99 Posted by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Edited by Clark_EL (2690 posts) - - Show Bio