• 110 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules/Settings

    • In Character
    • Morals On
    • New 52 Aquaman & Earth-616 Iron Man
    • Aquaman's Given 24 Hour Prep
    • Iron Man has been finding out about the secrets of Atlantis and is going to confront the UN about the misleading events revolving around Orm and the war on the surface world. Iron Man tells King Aquaman that the only way to stop him from telling is to defeat him in battle.
    • No BFR
    • Starts 50 Yards Away
    • Standard Gears Apply
    • Win by Incapacitation, KO, or Submission

Location:

#2 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna start with Aquaman and his superhuman strength first. Aquaman is classed level 100 and amongst the strongest superheroes in the DC Universe. He is capable of holding up cruise ships, lifting tetonic plates from underneath the ocean depths (as shown in Aquaman #4), pulling boats (Aquaman #7), punching Superman off his feet in Justice League #16, and holding ground against Wonder Woman.

With his trident, I believe Aquaman could inflict damage into Iron Man's armored suit as it possesses substantial power, unparallel to any modern weaponry. He's depicted of puncturing through Darkseid, cracking the ice barrier of Dr. Graves, taking out Darkseid, and couple Trenches and Parademons along the way, as well as fighting off the likes of the talons, Black Manta, Ocean Master, and quite a few Atlanteans.

#3 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine I'm 5 years old, and explain to me very slowly how stabbing Darkseid in the eye, thereby inconveniencing him a bit and in no way slowing him down from being able to manhandle Superman with one hand and the rest of the League with the other, translates into Aquaman "taking out Darkseid".

Moderator
#4 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Imagine I'm 5 years old, and explain to me very slowly how stabbing Darkseid in the eye, thereby inconveniencing him a bit and in no way slowing him down from being able to manhandle Superman with one hand and the rest of the League with the other, translates into Aquaman "taking out Darkseid".

@ckuakini said:

With his trident, I believe Aquaman could inflict damage into Iron Man's armored suit as it possesses substantial power, unparallel to any modern weaponry. He's depicted of puncturing through Darkseid....taking out Darkseid, and couple Trenches and Parademons along the way...

...With the help of the founding members of the Justice League.

#5 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@CitizenBane said:

Imagine I'm 5 years old, and explain to me very slowly how stabbing Darkseid in the eye, thereby inconveniencing him a bit and in no way slowing him down from being able to manhandle Superman with one hand and the rest of the League with the other, translates into Aquaman "taking out Darkseid".

@ckuakini said:

With his trident, I believe Aquaman could inflict damage into Iron Man's armored suit as it possesses substantial power, unparallel to any modern weaponry. He's depicted of puncturing through Darkseid....taking out Darkseid, and couple Trenches and Parademons along the way...

...With the help of the founding members of the Justice League.

See what a difference that makes?

Moderator
#6 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm idk i think im gonna go with aquaman because of the bloodloost

#7 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

See what a difference that makes?

Agree to disagree.

@cfrehse said:

hmm idk i think im gonna go with aquaman because of the bloodloost

Arguable, but true. Explain why if you will.

#8 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@CitizenBane said:

See what a difference that makes?

Agree to disagree.

.....it's not really something you can agree to disagree about, unless you're claiming Aquaman was the big star in the fight against Darkseid and the League was just there to cheer him on and occasionally toss a punch in Uxas' direction. Which wasn't the case.

Moderator
#9 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#10 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: Reason why.

#11 Posted by Lvenger (20784 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: I do agree with Bane that New 52 Aquaman's hanging with the big boys makes any difference. Iron Man's held his own against Thor, Hulk, Rulk, Namor, Sentry, She Hulk amongst others yet hasn't beaten most of them without major prep or a special armour. Both have claims to this point yet this doesn't prove the superiority of one over the other.

#12 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man flies in the air and takes him down with literally no effort

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not impressed with the New Iron man suit, but i think he can take on aquaman.

#14 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Aquaman would take this. So far he has been able to take hits from Wonder Woman, and send Superman flying in one strike.

#15 Posted by beatboks1 (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously?? I'm a long time Aquaman fan and I gotta ask, what's he going to do paint a target on his back for Tony and try and dodge it?? IM stomps pretty damn hard. PLeae stop doing this to a totally cool character.

#16 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Explain why.

Being able to withstand the immense pressure of the ocean depths, his skin durability's tough enough to be invulnerable to extreme gun fire, heat, and sharp objects. If Iron Man want to make Aquaman into a grilled fish, he's going to have to try really hard first; and if he does inflict damage with his repulsive heated-plasmic rays, Aquaman's incredible skin durability has what it takes to deflect it.

Aquaman's speed is also substantial being depicted to go about 1000knots having dodged multiple arrows at once in all directions, chasing class-7 sting ray missiles, and even outswim The Operative's special plane that can reach hypersonic speeds greater than Mach 10. His speed and reflexes are beyond compared to in the water but does carry over his attributes while on the surface as well.

#17 Posted by rd2race (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: I like aquaman but he is not nearly durable enough to withstand an air barage from Iron man. Tonys repulsors and Uni-beam have put Hulk on his A$$ and have KOed more durable characters than aquaman. "extreme gun fire" is not even close to what tony is packing. He has tons of missiles and sonic attacks to throw at arthur as well. Iron Man has also tagged people that are more agile than aquaman like spiderman and others. Arthur cannot fly so he has absolutely no way of even touching tony. even if tony wasn't allowed to fly he is just as strong as arthur on land and has protective shields that would protect him from anything aquaman throws at him. They fight on land so any in water speed feats that aquaman has don't apply here. And correct me if Im wrong but doesn't aquaman get weaker the long he is out of the water?

Bottom line, Tony spam blasts aquaman from the air and KO's him rather quickly IMO, Ironman is just a bad match up for Aquaman.

#18 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3328 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^^agreed

#19 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@rd2race said:

@ckuakini: I like aquaman but he is not nearly durable enough to withstand an air barage from Iron man. Tonys repulsors and Uni-beam have put Hulk on his A$$ and have KOed more durable characters than aquaman. "extreme gun fire" is not even close to what tony is packing. He has tons of missiles and sonic attacks to throw at arthur as well. Iron Man has also tagged people that are more agile than aquaman like spiderman and others. Arthur cannot fly so he has absolutely no way of even touching tony. even if tony wasn't allowed to fly he is just as strong as arthur on land and has protective shields that would protect him from anything aquaman throws at him. They fight on land so any in water speed feats that aquaman has don't apply here. And correct me if Im wrong but doesn't aquaman get weaker the long he is out of the water?

Bottom line, Tony spam blasts aquaman from the air and KO's him rather quickly IMO, Ironman is just a bad match up for Aquaman.

His powers do weaken on land after a long period of time, but this is in like a week expansion and not in a day's period. It does keep most of his attributes intact while on land and most likely increases his speed, reflexes, and overall strength with the 10,000 tons of ocean depth weight lifted off his back. If Iron Man was able to fly almost the whole bout, Aquaman could summon the water and sea life to help get him back to his feet.

Here's scans of Aquaman stomping on armored parademons and summoning sharks to devour the ones that are flying above sea.

I don't see how this as a bad match-up at all.

#20 Posted by Nightwing_1234 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a solid matchup to me, as long as aquaman can get to water. I mean tony can fly high, arthur can swim low so they can both dodge. i would imagine that the IM suit can go underwater, but aquaman can rise on waves. so they can meet each other wherever. aquamans scale armor tanks any machine gun fire tony can throw, and puts a dent in a lot of missile fire. not to mention he is durable without that, so whatever gets through will hurt but he can push through.

Providing arthur can find a way to get in the water, i could see him taking this one after a long fight

#22 Posted by BecauseImSpiderMan (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally i fixed my Pc so i can post again. Anyway Iornman takes this with no effort at all. Aquaman cant fly so iornman just hovers around him and shoots his lasers. Pew pew Aquaman is dead

#23 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

new-52 aquaman i too badass have to go with him

#24 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

While operating at 100% shields, Iron Man's armor tanked a blast that leveled an entire city.

While operating at two percent shields, Iron Man's armor tanked a nuke.

Hell, Iron Man was the one who set it off because he knew his armor could withstand the blast without even so much as a scratch.

Aquaman's best quantifiable feat is lifting a cruise ship. By that logic, Tony's armor shouldn't have lasted more than two seconds against a Hulk(who has strength feats that vastly surpasses New 52 Aquaman's strength feats). New 52 Aquman has no strength feats to suggest he would even dent Tony's armor, let alone destroy it.

This is assuming that Aquaman can even tag Tony since he has reacted to missiles being launched at him.

#25 Posted by New_World_Order (13311 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man stomps.

#26 Posted by tensor (4685 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman

#27 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

On land isn't Arthur only class 70? Anyways, wouldn't a repulser blast just dehydrate him on contact? If not, doesent Stark have flame throwers he can use to dehydrate him?

#28 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

Just applied "BFR Allowed" to the Game Settings ^_^

Why is that?

#29 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@BecauseImSpiderMan: Aquaman possesses really tough skin durability, enough to withstand the immense heat of Iron Man's repulsive plasmic rays from his palms and feet. He is depicted to have the same jump distance as Superman and couple launch into the air as if he were flying. Aquaman could just jump for Iron Man and strike him with his long-range trident weaponry.

If this is not the case, Aquaman can always summon sharks to try and devour the flying metal man like how he did to Darkseid's parademons.

#30 Posted by HushoftheWind (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: Has Aquaman trident demonstrated any feats yet besides stabbing? Btw i'm definitely going with Aquaman. I dont think Iron Man's tech can do much harm to Arthur.

#32 Edited by rd2race (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: @HushoftheWind: What can Aquaman do to Tony?? Iron Man CAN fly the whole fight and can fly just as fast as arthur can swim. Lets say he summons the largest shark in the sea that jumps up and eats Ironman. Tonys shield and armour would allow him to blast the shark to smitherines from the inside out (similar to the avengers movie). I certainly agree that IF arthur can get to water this is a much better fight. Even from the water I just don't see arthur doing much to tony. While IM can KO arthur with a few blasts. Having impervious skin and extra dense bonse doesn't protect your brain from being slammed around in your skull. And as I previously stated Iron Man has KOed far more durable characters. One of new 52 aquamans best feats is lifting the front of a tanker out of the water. Tony has comparable strength feats, heck even classic iron man was wrecking gun ships and twisting their guns into pretzels with ease, current tony is far more advanced.

If arthur does jump he is now in tony's territory. Tony could easily dodge a jump seeing as arthur couldn't control his flight through the air. Once AqM is in the air. Tony just dodges targets and pummels his with whatever is in his arsenal.

Furthermore, Tony has a myriad of ways to KO Arthur. His armour and shields allow him to go toe to toe in H2H with aquaman, He can spam blast him before he gets to water with his repulsors. He could unibeam him which would cause havok even in the water (albeit probably not a garunteed KO if arthur is really deep). He has homing missiles that could track arthur and weaken him. He has lots of ways to win while aquaman's really only way of coming out on top is somehow getting tony underwater which is very unlikely seeing as tony can keep his distance the entire time.

Tony is to versatile,and can win whether arthur is on land or in the limited watered area at long island. Because of IM's flight, Sheilds,Tactics, and armour itself give him a clear advantage over Aquaman in any scenario except if both could only fight under water.

Its not an utter stomp but its not a knockdown drag out slug fest either, Tony wins 8/10 IMHO

#33 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

Aquaman's best quantifiable feat is lifting a cruise ship. By that logic, Tony's armor shouldn't have lasted more than two seconds against a Hulk(who has strength feats that vastly surpasses New 52 Aquaman's strength feats). New 52 Aquman has no strength feats to suggest he would even dent Tony's armor, let alone destroy it.

Well, he did have the strength to puncture through Darkseid, being the only Leaguer to make him bleed, so I do believe he has the ability to break through Iron Man's armor.

He also had the power to break through the magical ice barrier of Dr. Graves' which seemed indestructible at the time.

He also had the strength to break through huge mountain side cliffs, pull and lift cruise ships, and also breaking the helmet of Ocean Master, created from Atlantean artifacts (one of the strongest materials in DCU).

@rd2race: @ThunderGodsWrath: @JJ62:

#34 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: So basically all feats that require his opponent to be standing still and on the ground.

Iron Man just blasts him to death from the sky.

#35 Posted by BlackWind (6814 posts) - - Show Bio

@JJ62 said:

On land isn't Arthur only class 70? Anyways, wouldn't a repulser blast just dehydrate him on contact? If not, doesent Stark have flame throwers he can use to dehydrate him?

He doesn't get dehydrated from fire, just saying.

#36 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

ironman wins he has the fire power and strength to k.o aquaman

#37 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man very easily.

#38 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony should have this. Aquaman's best attacks won't work on him, he's faster, more versatile, can take the fight wherever he wants, etc...

#39 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: @rd2race: @ThunderGodsWrath: @JJ62: @jackofspades: He has been the durability to withstand the most intense heat and can endure Iron Man's heat blasts.

Aquaman fighting Black Manta in extreme heat and force, breaking a harpoon with his skin from close-range, and withstanding Black Manta intense heat blasts at point blank.

Even though Aquaman is classed below Iron Man in strength levels, with the possession of his trident he is definitely more of a brute powerhouse than Iron Man. His powers are yet to be determined, however he does possess the same abilities that Ocean Master has with his trident. Especially in bloodlusted, who knows the full power that Aquaman could unleash.

He also has the tough skin to deflect immense gunfire at close-range, seemingly could withstand the attacks of Iron Man.

Aquaman controlling sea life at a young age, deflecting bullets to the head at close range, enduring 10 tons of weight on him, and lifting huge pillars and rocks that fell on him.

#40 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@xxxddd: @rd2race: @ThunderGodsWrath: @JJ62: @jackofspades: He has been the durability to withstand the most intense heat and can endure Iron Man's heat blasts.

He also has the tough skin to deflect immense gunfire at close-range, seemingly could withstand the attacks of Iron Man.

Aquaman controlling sea life at a young age, deflecting bullets to the head at close range, enduring 10 tons of weight on him, and lifting huge pillars and rocks that fell on him.

Even though Aquaman is classed below Iron Man in strength levels, with the possession of his trident he is definitely more of a brute powerhouse than Iron Man. His powers are yet to be determined, however he does possess the same abilities that Ocean Master has with his trident. Especially in bloodlusted, who knows the full power that Aquaman could unleash.

and with all that he still loses

#41 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#42 Posted by beatboks1 (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@beatboks1: Explain why.

Being able to withstand the immense pressure of the ocean depths, his skin durability's tough enough to be invulnerable to extreme gun fire, heat, and sharp objects. If Iron Man want to make Aquaman into a grilled fish, he's going to have to try really hard first; and if he does inflict damage with his repulsive heated-plasmic rays, Aquaman's incredible skin durability has what it takes to deflect it.

Aquaman's speed is also substantial being depicted to go about 1000knots having dodged multiple arrows at once in all directions, chasing class-7 sting ray missiles, and even outswim The Operative's special plane that can reach hypersonic speeds greater than Mach 10. His speed and reflexes are beyond compared to in the water but does carry over his attributes while on the surface as well.

Even pre Nu52 Arthur ( who's stronger and more durable based on feats so far) would not stand up to the punishment of IM's repulsors. Do you have any idea how much damage they do??. Not to mention his more powerful weapons. he's downed being far more durable than Arthur.

#43 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

Edited Feat Scans & Explanations

He has been the durability to withstand the most intense heat and can endure Iron Man's heat blasts.

Aquaman fighting Black Manta in extreme heat and force, breaking a harpoon with his skin from close-range, and withstanding Black Manta intense heat blasts at point blank.

Even though Aquaman is classed below Iron Man in strength levels, with the possession of his trident he is definitely more of a brute powerhouse than Iron Man. His powers are yet to be determined, however he does possess the same abilities that Ocean Master has with his trident. Especially in bloodlusted, who knows the full power that Aquaman could unleash.

#44 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

the only aquaman that can win iron man is the aquaman with water hand
anyway based on what I've seen of arthur in nu52, he seems to be more powerful than pre-flashpoint version, but still nothing  suggest to be above tony

#45 Edited by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: And yet still 0 ways to deal with someone who's flying.

Plus I wouldn't consider him knocking Superman off his feet really impressive. Since they were just trying to talk to him and he just sucker punched him, he was pretty much fine anyway. Superman would more than likely one-shot Arthur. And he wasn't really equally matched with Wonder Woman at all. She was trying to restrain him, he grabbed her, then she punched him once and drew blood.

Where is Aquaman projecting lightning?

Also who considers Atlantean Artifacts to be the of the strongest material in DC? And what material is it?

#46 Posted by benette_rivera (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

Iron Man flies in the air and takes him down with literally no effort

fanboy, haha!

#47 Posted by benette_rivera (55 posts) - - Show Bio

This quite unfair because new 52 aquaman has just started! There's only a few feats that he has done and you're competing him with IRON MAN 616 who has shown a lot of feats already! Why not put him up against IM Marvel NOW!?

#48 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

In the water, Aquaman wins. On the land, Iron Man wins. This is how it goes with many Aquaman matches.

#49 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@benette_rivera said:

This quite unfair because new 52 aquaman has just started! There's only a few feats that he has done and you're competing him with IRON MAN 616 who has shown a lot of feats already! Why not put him up against IM Marvel NOW!?

Because the Marvel NOW IM is the same has the pre-Marvel Now IM. Isn't he? I didn't pick up the book because I heard it wasn't very good, but NOW wasn't a fresh reboot like New 52.

#50 Posted by wbr17 (352 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a lot of assumption by ckuakini. There is none statement that Atlantis armor is one of the strongest material of DC, and nowhere said that Aquaman trident and Orm trident has the same powers either.

I think that IM can hit AM with his laser, but not always, and tank some hits from AM. Also, AM can tank some lasers and break IM armor with his trident.

I don't see IM flying and shooting all the time and AM would go to water in that case, so in some point they'll stand, face each other and punch each other.

If AM hit with his trident first he wins, if IM use sonic attacks or overload AM with his laser he wins.

That can goes either ways but it will be easier to IM.