• 15 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in a city a four miles a way from the ocean (Aquman could make his way back there)

Both characters get their current powers and ability's.

Anything else goes.

FIGHT!

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman flicks Gambit and kills him.

#3 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (57707 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman murdera!
BB

#5 Posted by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

They both get mugged by a petty thug and die.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

@XMen1963:Yeah...no.

#7 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody: I see what you are trying to say, although a bullet scratched him Gambits energy in a small card is around the strength of a grenade, so what happens if he used a car? Aquaman may not be that durable then.

#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit stands little chance unless he turns into death.

Staff
#9 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins!

#10 Edited by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiguredOut95: Aquaman's armor left him completely unharmed. It was only a slight surface scratch on his head from point blank range. If it came down to it he could cover his face with his arms and his armor would protect him. Also here is from Justice League against Darkseid.

I don't have the whole page scanned, but Aquaman is strong enough to resist Darkseid's Omega Beams in this issue(Justice League #6 I believe).

#11 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#12 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at his top right shoulder his armor is ripping so a direct hit could be fatal. Also Gambit is more agile than Darkseid so could hit him easily.

#13 Posted by Saren (25242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody: What? He was never hit by the Omega Beams. Resisting them is a ludicrous idea considering they one-shotted Superman one issue prior.

#14 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Gambit standing any chance, here.

#15 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Either that red energy coming out of Darksied's eyes are Omega Beams, or Aquaman has a new power I haven't seen. Clearly Aquaman's trident is not being destroyed by the energy and there is no force pushing him back off of Darksied. I'm not saying he could just stand there and absorb Omega Beams all day like some tank of a character, but the idea that Aquaman could take a car exploding is ludicrous to me.

#16 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit is a nice guy, but not in Aquaman's league

#17 Posted by Saren (25242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody said:

@CitizenBane: Either that red energy coming out of Darksied's eyes are Omega Beams, or Aquaman has a new power I haven't seen. Clearly Aquaman's trident is not being destroyed by the energy and there is no force pushing him back off of Darksied. I'm not saying he could just stand there and absorb Omega Beams all day like some tank of a character, but the idea that Aquaman could take a car exploding is ludicrous to me.

That red energy coming out of Darkseid's eyes is not the Omega Beams. It's just his Omega energy, and none of it is even in contact with Aquaman. It just flares around because it looks cool, just as Superman's eyes emit red flares on occasion even though he's not employing his heat vision at that moment.

I mean, how does Aquaman last against an attack that did this?

#18 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Agreed.

Staff
#19 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur.

#20 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: I'm sorry if I misunderstand, but Omega Beams = Omega Energy. Only difference is that they are not in beam form. Clearly they are at the very least coming in contact with the tridiant since it is is the focal point in which the energy is being released. As for Superman being taken out with a single hit, we don't know what his strength level is at right now. This is the New 52 and this story takes place 5 years ago. Superman may or may not be at his peak strength, or his peak is not what it was before the new 52. Also it is stated that Aquaman is not wearing a costume, but Atlantean armor. We don't know what this armor's capabilities are. I think we are a little early in the new 52 to judge what Superman can take vs what Aquaman can. Based off of Aquaman's feats, I am stating that he should have no issue tanking what Gambit can put out. That is my only point.

#21 Posted by Saren (25242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody said:

@CitizenBane: I'm sorry if I misunderstand, but Omega Beams = Omega Energy. Only difference is that they are not in beam form. Clearly they are at the very least coming in contact with the tridiant since it is is the focal point in which the energy is being released. As for Superman being taken out with a single hit, we don't know what his strength level is at right now. This is the New 52 and this story takes place 5 years ago. Superman may or may not be at his peak strength, or his peak is not what it was before the new 52. Also it is stated that Aquaman is not wearing a costume, but Atlantean armor. We don't know what this armor's capabilities are. I think we are a little early in the new 52 to judge what Superman can take vs what Aquaman can. Based off of Aquaman's feats, I am stating that he should have no issue tanking what Gambit can put out. That is my only point.

They're not the same thing. The Omega energy is what Darkseid possesses, the Omega Beams are the outlet for that energy. Superman's strength level in the new 52 is already above Aquaman's. There is a massive difference between tanking hits from Gambit and tanking hits from Darkseid.

#22 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: 1. I'm still not understanding the difference. The Omega Beams is Omega Energy release from his eyes. There should be no difference between the two except how it's being released.

2. Based on what claim? I'm not saying he is or isn't. I haven't seen a feat for either that would suggest or wise yet. I have been reading Justice League and Aquaman since the beginning of the New 52 and have yet to see Aquaman's peak strength. Maybe he has a guest appearance I hadn't seen yet shows it. Superman I haven't been keeping up with as much, but I doubt they have shown his either.

3. I agree.

#23 Posted by Goku1fan (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Aquaman stomps.

#24 Posted by Saren (25242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody said:

@CitizenBane: 1. I'm still not understanding the difference. The Omega Beams is Omega Energy release from his eyes. There should be no difference between the two except how it's being released.

2. Based on what claim? I'm not saying he is or isn't. I haven't seen a feat for either that would suggest or wise yet. I have been reading Justice League and Aquaman since the beginning of the New 52 and have yet to see Aquaman's peak strength. Maybe he has a guest appearance I hadn't seen yet shows it. Superman I haven't been keeping up with as much, but I doubt they have shown his either.

3. I agree.

And yet, there is. His power source is called the Omega Force. He releases energy in the form of Omega Beams. The Omega Beams are a VERY distinctive attack. They have a signature look that's easily identifiable. Based on that alone, that attack is not the Omega Beams. When Superman rushed at Darkseid in Justice League #6 there were red flares around his eyes. Doesn't mean he was using heat vision.

Based on Superman's feats so far. Leaping over a skyscraper, smashing a tank by swinging a wrecking ball at it, shattering GL constructs, shrugging off a tank shell and hurling a TV news van at Metal-Zero. Hell, he's even more durable than Aquaman is, considering Arthur gets hurt by bullets and Clark caught one in his hand without any issues. You brought up that point about Atlantean armor. We don't know what that armor's capabilities are. But Superman is sporting Kryptonian armor of his own, and we do know what that's capable of from Supergirl #4, where tests are conducted on the material and it's shown to be virtually indestructible, possessing greater tensile strength than any material known to science. And it still offered no resistance to the Omega Beams when they hit Superman. I have trouble believing Arthur's armor is somehow more durable than that.

#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody said:

have yet to see Aquaman's peak strength.

I recall two very impressive and taxing feats when they dove down and encountered the trench.

• Lifting the area with the survivors.
  • Causing the collapse.

Not saying these are his limit, but they were still quite impressive.

Regardless, I'm not current with it, but Superman also has some decent feats in his self-titled run.

Staff
#26 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it possible that Gambit could charge Aquamans amour? If so he is screwed.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody said:

3. I agree.

Aquaman's best strength feat as of yet in 52 is either dragging the ships at sea with but a simple chain or lifting the large piece of rock containing all the kidnapped people from the Trench, which Mera supported briefly afterwards.

Superman leapt skyscrapers, stopped bullets with ease, tanked rocket shells, halted a bullet train(which knocked him out) used a truck as a baseball bat, and shattered GL constructs all in his early years. Aquaman is decently strong but his durability lacks in comparison to Superman.

#28 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins easy. not much Gambit can do, while Aquaman has many options.

#29 Edited by beatboks1 (6962 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiguredOut95 said:

@Nobody: I see what you are trying to say, although a bullet scratched him Gambits energy in a small card is around the strength of a grenade, so what happens if he used a car? Aquaman may not be that durable then.

more than likely the same thing that happened when he tanked these. This is pre falshpoint Arthur, so far post seems to be in the same league physically.

There's another scan I can't find just at the moment, where wonder woman punches him through a wall across the city and through another and he get's straight back up to fight Warrior. He's also tanked MM's blows as well and fought Superman and lasted a little while ( damn sight longer than Gambit would have). This is a miss match. He's close to class 100 strength (some feats above but i'd call PIS), with durability to match around mach 9 speed (sustainable) and his TP allows mind rape.

#30 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: @Deranged Midget: I'm not arguing that they don't have impressive feats yet, I just don't think we know their upper limits yet in the new 52. I think it's a little early to jump to conclusions.

@CitizenBane: I've seen the Omega Beams. That energy looked like his Omega Beams were being blocked by the Trident. Not sure why this is so unbelievable. In the past(before new 52), Wonder Woman had blocked it with her bracelets because they were created by magic. Aquaman's trident is similar in nature being created by Atlanteans.

In the new 52, Aquaman has leaped miles away(like the Hulk does), flipped over a speeding armored van(in the scans above), and pulled a boat while swimming. Getting "hurt" by the bullet seems to be and exaggeration on what happened. He was cut slightly. I get a paper cut, doesn't mean a piece of paper is going to seriously injure me someday. And as I said earlier, we don't know the extent of his Atlantean armor yet. The bullets didn't get through that at all.

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody: Absolutely no argument there. I personally wish we could refrain from creating any battle threads involving 52 characters until they go through a reasonable amount of issues to demonstrate enough feats.

#32 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Aquaman stomps.

#33 Posted by HolySerpent (12433 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#34 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#35 Posted by Saren (25242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody said:

@CitizenBane: I've seen the Omega Beams. That energy looked like his Omega Beams were being blocked by the Trident. Not sure why this is so unbelievable. In the past(before new 52), Wonder Woman had blocked it with her bracelets because they were created by magic. Aquaman's trident is similar in nature being created by Atlanteans.

In the new 52, Aquaman has leaped miles away(like the Hulk does), flipped over a speeding armored van(in the scans above), and pulled a boat while swimming. Getting "hurt" by the bullet seems to be and exaggeration on what happened. He was cut slightly. I get a paper cut, doesn't mean a piece of paper is going to seriously injure me someday. And as I said earlier, we don't know the extent of his Atlantean armor yet. The bullets didn't get through that at all.

Wonder Woman blocked it with her bracelets because they were forged by a GOD, not just because they were magical. That does not in any way support Aquaman being able to do the same. I've seen the Omega Beams countless times in almost every single thing Darkseid has appeared in post-Crisis. Those are not the Omega Beams or anything remotely like them. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

He was cut slightly by a bullet. Superman was not. Seems pretty apparent who's more durable.

#36 Posted by Flash1777 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

i think you are all taking gambit way to lightly.....his playing card when charged have the same destructive power as a grenade which is a hell of a lot stronger than a bullet and what about his staff when he charges that it can level a building....dont get me wrong i think aquaman would win but not as easy as you are all making it.

#37 Posted by beatboks1 (6962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Flash1777 said:

i think you are all taking gambit way to lightly.....his playing card when charged have the same destructive power as a grenade which is a hell of a lot stronger than a bullet and what about his staff when he charges that it can level a building....dont get me wrong i think aquaman would win but not as easy as you are all making it.

If you look at the scans I showed Aquaman has tanked explosion much greater than a grenade. He has tanked plasma blasters that are more destructive, and much more. I still don't see what Remy is going to do to stop the seizure Arthur is going to give him with TP. it want even get to a physical fight.

#38 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman stomps. this is a major mismatch

#39 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Again, this is the new 52. Things are different and it's a little early to say what is what. That's my opinion on it. Either way this argument is way off-topic. My point was that Aquaman should tank whatever Gambit can dish out.

#40 Posted by beatboks1 (6962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody said:

@CitizenBane: Again, this is the new 52. Things are different and it's a little early to say what is what. That's my opinion on it. Either way this argument is way off-topic. My point was that Aquaman should tank whatever Gambit can dish out.

Nu52 however also has Flashpoint as canon. That being the case the damage he tanked against the amazons in the amazon atlantean battles might actually put his durability above pre flashpoint. So far from what we've seen I'd say he's pretty close to on par (at least ) physically to what his feats were before (excluding the lifting of the underwater city which i class as PIS because it was way above other things he's struggled to lift ( again pre flashpoint).

#41 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5052 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Martian He didn't get hit with the Omega beams.
#42 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5052 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Aquaman can win but He better end it quick. I don't know about his New52 TP feats but he won't tank too many hits from charged cards and possibly larger objects too long.

#43 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Aquaman wins!
#44 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOM let it start again!!

#45 Posted by quatro_briefs (384 posts) - - Show Bio

DOn't know much about Aquaman, but is he Namor level? If so, how does Gambit stand a chance? I love Gambit but this doesn't seem fair.

#46 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@quatro_briefs: In New 52 a bullet cut Aquaman, Gabits cards are like grenades, I think its pretty fair.

#47 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Martian said:

Aquaman flicks Gambit and kills him.

#48 Posted by xxxddd (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman CURBSTOMPS Gambit.

#49 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiguredOut95: Gambit's card=Black Manta's Solar Beam. Yes,Aquaman can whistand that

#50 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32226 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiguredOut95 said:

If Captain America can survive it with no damage then Arthur laughs it off