Vs.

Rules

• Random encounter
  • Standard equipment
  • Pre New 52 Aquaman (With Water Hand)
  • Morals off
  • Bloodlusted

#2 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure how much Water Hand amps Aquaman, but he would need some really good stuff with it to be able to survive heat greater than one of sun's core to win it.

Firelord's heat was hurting Surfer and his energy projection allowed him to have a draw with Thor's anti-force blast. He even got a win with Surfer, lucky one, but I belive that calling it a draw would be a good choice. Anyway - draw with Surfer is something.

#3 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#4 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know much about firelord so I'm just going to stand back and watch. but I just want to say that aquaman has been in lava and did just fine didn't even seem like he noticed it was lava and not water.

#5 Edited by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by jagernutt (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriousely?

#7 Posted by dondave (37973 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur

#8 Posted by jagernutt (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Aquaman have waterhand or without it against the power cosmic?

How does Aquaman hurt FireLord?

#9 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by jagernutt (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I mean how does that give him an advantage?@demonknights:

#11 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone want to elaborate on how Arthur could win this?

Because I don't see him having a chance here.

#12 Edited by i_like_swords (14972 posts) - - Show Bio

Well on one hand Firelord lost to Spider-Man. On the other hand, Aquamam can be hurt with bullets.

Tough one.

#13 Posted by NukeA6 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Well on one hand Firelord lost to Spider-Man. On the other hand, Aquamam can be hurt with bullets.

Tough one.

That was PIS. A herald is at least a planet buster and has FTL speed. Heck, Frankie Rayes is the weakest herald and she's a star-buster.

#14 Posted by MarlboroMan (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one.

Don't downplay him, he also gone toe to toe with Phoenix. And fought against Thor and Hercules team-up to a standstill.

#15 Posted by i_like_swords (14972 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by reaverlation (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur

#17 Posted by MarlboroMan (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I feel embarrassed now, after the first sentence i just skipped reading what he said :/

#18 Edited by MarlboroMan (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Also returning to the thread Firelord stomps

#19 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Also returning to the thread Firelord stomps

right?

I don't see how Arthur has a chance here.

#20 Posted by BlackWind (6495 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has NEVER been on herald level.

Stomp.

#21 Posted by XiiX (8463 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Firelord.

#22 Posted by NukeA6 (480 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Justthatkid (4110 posts) - - Show Bio

If this guy lost to Spiderman, Arthur has it Aquaman is in another class.. Water Hand just removes the need to hydrate. Aquaman also has better durability then bullets which was early on the reboot yet still keeps being mentioned on forums..

#24 Posted by BlackWind (6495 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: That loss to Spider Man was possibly one of the biggest examples of PIS ever. Firelord could have blown up New York by thinking it.

Also, why DO people keep trying to act like bullets are harmful to Aquaman? Fu**king low ends, man.

#25 Posted by Justthatkid (4110 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: I don't know anything about Firelord so just was making a response to what I read.

Yeah the bullet thing is ridiculous.

#26 Edited by rpottage (893 posts) - - Show Bio

For everyone asking how Aquaman stands a chance;

IF Aquaman goes straight into a telepathic attack he might pull it off. He's taken out a White Martian that way before, as well as other telepaths; but I'd say that's about his only shot. The water hand is essentially useless since its main attack, dehydrating with a touch, is pretty useless against someone who burns like a sun.

#27 Edited by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure its in the rules that Spider-Man beating Firelord is PIS or CIS so its not useable.

Still Firelord has a glass jaw and I can't take him seriously

#28 Posted by MisterWhisper (1942 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off, and bloodlusted. Firelord instantly flash fries the entire island.

#29 Edited by BlackWind (6495 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if Aquaman did use TP right off the gate, he has no feats I am aware of that can affect someone of herald level. I'm a huge Aquaman fan and he does not have a chance here.

#30 Posted by jagernutt (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman also had the sybiot when this happened. That's gotta count for something.@blackwind:

#31 Posted by MisterWhisper (1942 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman also had the sybiot when this happened. That's gotta count for something.@blackwind:

Not really.

#32 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

considering how strong Fire Lord was suppose to be that would count for nothing

#33 Posted by BlackWind (6495 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the symbiote enhancing him was something invented by the 90s cartoon?

Regardless it would never put him at herald level.

#34 Edited by highaccuser (7012 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur. Water hand and TP ftw.

#35 Posted by MisterWhisper (1942 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only assume that you have not read anything about at least one of these combatants, possibly both.

#36 Posted by highaccuser (7012 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

I can only assume that you have not read anything about at least one of these combatants, possibly both.

I know quite a bit about both. I don't remember firelord ever resisting TP.

#37 Posted by reaverlation (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 this is your department :) ...

#38 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

Water hand while underrated doesn't seem like it would do much good here. TP is the best argument for Aquaman I guess. Outside of Morrison's run thought I can't really recall him using it on opponents. Not sure it would work against a Herald either.

#39 Posted by BlackWind (6495 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Aquaman had plenty of good feats, but nothing that says he could taken on a freaking herald of Galactus. AndnI don't remember his TP ever affecting anyone of that level, despite it being more than respectable in both power as well as range.

#40 Posted by MisterWhisper (1942 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

Water hand while underrated doesn't seem like it would do much good here. TP is the best argument for Aquaman I guess. Outside of Morrison's run thought I can't really recall him using it on opponents. Not sure it would work against a Herald either.

I have my doubts that a bloodlusted Arthur would use it at all. Bloodlusted Aquaman would try to beat him to death and die in a nuke.

#41 Posted by reaverlation (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Arthur probed J'onn's mind and J'onn has a stronger mind than any of the heralds

#42 Posted by BlackWind (6495 posts) - - Show Bio

An he also admitted J'onn is ten times the telepath he is.

#43 Posted by i_like_swords (14972 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins cause he could just put Firelord out with water or get a shark to eat him.

/thread

#44 Posted by Immortal777 (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman>>Spider-man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Firelord

#45 Posted by i_like_swords (14972 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: Yeah exactly. This should probably be locked to be honest. I mean Firelord is just another Spidey rogue whereas Aquaman is in the Justice League and has beat up Superman.

#46 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: Yeah exactly. This should probably be locked to be honest. I mean Firelord is just another Spidey rogue whereas Aquaman is in the Justice League and has beat up Superman.

you mean Martian Manhunter right? Or are we counting that one punch as Superman as beating him up?

#47 Posted by reaverlation (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: And?J'onn is a better telepath than either Arthur or any of the heralds so your point?

#48 Posted by i_like_swords (14972 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: Yeah he wrecked him in one hit kapow done son.

#49 Posted by BlackWind (6495 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually wondering what yours is. Aquaman isn't beating a herald.

#50 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

Firelord stomps Aqualame.