Aquaman vs. Emma Frost (and other Marvel TP's)

• 81 results
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By GhostRavage

@chimeroid: I don't think that will happen, we're basically arguing who's going to think faster in which i think Emma has every bit of mental speed Orin possess.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

clears

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:Whether Emma can strike first is not the question. The question is whether she can INSTANTLY DROP Arthur, which I don't think she can. Judging by his holding off (and in many cases, defeating-suprisingly easily) many heavy hitter TPs, it is not unreasonable to think that he could do the same to Emma and/or others until he could get his own, non TP attacks in.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: Arthur would be struggling telepathically up to certain point that it would actually dampen his chances to even move properly, this factor has been seen several times in comics both with non-telepaths and telepaths. Moreover, Emma could just pop her diamond form and literally create a huge feedback back at Arthur tiring his mind every time he tries to fight her telepathically.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:What you say is POSSIBLE, but not INEVITIABLE. Karshon, Kordax, Zum, Despero-all are powerful telepaths who were not able to drop Arthur INSTANTLY. In Karshon and Kordax's cases, they INITIATED an attack first. In Despero's case it looked like he might actually win (after doing well against the villain for an extended time, the scene went away from them for a few panels, but when it came back he was taken over). In this JLA story, only Arthur, J'ohnn, and Superman were able to hold him off at all, the rest of the JLA was INSTANTLY taken over, and Arthur held out the longest (fighting Despero solo in the beginning of the story for a while).

If Aquaman can hold off THOSE opponents, and even-in some cases suprisingly easily-DEFEAT them, I just can't see it being IMPOSSIBLE for him to do the same while fighting Emma or others.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: Arthur has no feats to put him anywhere near Martian Manhunter and the only reason he managed to stand against Despero for a few seconds was because of J'onn, and even then Despero has dropped Martian Manhunter almost effortlessly who is leagues above Arthur. Either way, i don't think Arthur will be in condition to actually fight physically if he's having a mental battle with Emma Frost.

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, Aquaman beat a Martian with only TP. That's an extremely good TP feat. Martian Manhunter's TP could read the minds of everyone on earth at the same time.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@ghostravage:He had physical battles with OTHERS while simultaneously using TP, I see nothing more VASTLY "special" about Emma than Despero, where Arthur did both (and his time against Despero was not "a few seconds"). And unlike Despero, Emma-much like Zum-would not KNOW that Arthur has TP---another reason that an Emma win is POSSIBLE---but not INEVITIABLE.

And as Chimeroid said, the fact that Arthur attacks in a way that no other TP does (which allowed him to instantly put down even a White Martian) is another reason-especially in an anything goes bout-that Aquaman has a chance to defeat Emma and/or others.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not being a fan boy but i think the mere fact that Emma is an human being which has evolved from sea life in the first place makes her quite susceptible to his attacks evem more so...the mutant character is based off evolution...I honestly think she will be toast for that mere fact...not because he is better with telepathy but how his telepathy attacks the most primal part of the brain...he attacks the mind that is basically the blue print before sophistication of the more modern mind...almost the instinct side...before the process of thought itself...

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

hasn't Emma given Cassandra Nova a run for her money? I say he stops at Emma.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks:As I've always said, I wouldn't be OUTRAGED if Emma is depicted as beating Arthur.

What about in the second round, when all abilities are on the table? Think he could hold her off mentally long enough to take her in other ways?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Emma can take him

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Veitha

Emma wins

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows
newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman wins as against the first three in both rounds but he loses to Emma and moondragon both rounds

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Orin = Waterhand which means he always wins round 2.....round 1 stops at Emma

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First round I gotta give aquaman that he gets up to Emma, not past Emma. She's just too powerful. Round two maybe gets past Emma in a close fight, but he isn't getting past Moondragon, who has at least been shown to be as powerful not more powerful, telepathically than manhunter I

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he stops at Emma

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like he's not getting past Emma but I could be proved wrong.

RandomNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By RandomNoob

This is pre-52 aquaman, right?

Avatar image for spectrumunbound
SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't think this gauntlet is in the right order, but I'd say Frost, Moondragon, and Dracula are above him.

Avatar image for spectrumunbound
SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By GrandWonder

@theonewhoknows:

I agree, I don't think Aquaman should be underestimated.

He staggered Swamp Thing with his TP, induced fear in Superman in ways the demon Neron can't and he can enter the Martian Manhunter's mind without his permission.

As for the thread, I'm not really sure. Maybe I'll go with the general consensus.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definetily Stops at Emma

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers