• 52 results
#1 Edited by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

The 2 begin fighting after each believes the other a threat. This is new52 Aquaman(also no tp) and non juggernaut colossus

Its noon, in large empty city

#2 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black said:

Aquaman.

why

#4 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@_Black said:

Aquaman.

why

Mindrape perhaps! that seems like the logical answer. Strength to strength it would be a tough battle but colossus hasnt shown the ability to resist TP and Aquaman has TP.

#5 Edited by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: should i put no tp?fixed

#6 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@_Black said:

Aquaman.

why

If Arthur's telepathy didn't work on Piotr for some reason, I still think Arthur could give him a very good battle. Maybe taking the majority even.

#7 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@_Black said:

Aquaman.

why

Mindrape perhaps! that seems like the logical answer. Strength to strength it would be a tough battle but colossus hasnt shown the ability to resist TP and Aquaman has TP.

@_Black said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@_Black said:

Aquaman.

why

If Arthur's telepathy didn't work on Piotr for some reason, I still think Arthur could give him a very good battle. Maybe taking the majority even.

I just wanted to hear wht he was gonna say and can't aquaman give people seizures?

#8 Posted by terry2012 (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this battles on land?

#9 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

I just wanted to hear wht he was gonna say and can't aquaman give people seizures?

Yes he can, he did that using TK rather than TP to be honest. that way that worked was he can stop or squeeze part of ur brain with TK which gives you seizures. But it might not work on colossus specially in the armor form because , although it was never explicitly explained, i think the whole of Colossus body transforms into steel rather than only his outerself. This is because when he was cut he let out pure energy as opposed to blood.

If this was simply H2H i think it would still be a pretty good battle, Aquaman has few good feats but i would side towards Colossus, perhaps this could be because i have simply read a lot more on colossus than Aquaman.

#10 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.  Even based on his few new feats he is stronger and fast then Colossus, and he has his trident. While I'm not sure if it would pierce Peter's skin (I think it could, but I can't back that up), I do think he could use it effectively defend against and parry Colossus's attacks.

#11 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

Aquaman. Even based on his few new feats he is stronger and fast then Colossus, and he has his trident. While I'm not sure if it would pierce Peter's skin (I think it could, but I can't back that up), I do think he could use it effectively defend against and parry Colossus's attacks.

Faster than colossus i can agree, stronger than colossus how?

#12 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall: Based on how high he can jump, tbh. I've never seen Colossus do something like that (while he does have some very impressive feats).
#13 Posted by Vigilante_X (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@Killemall: Based on how high he can jump, tbh. I've never seen Colossus do something like that (while he does have some very impressive feats).

An olympic weight lifter is not going to out-jump and olympic high-jumper just because they are stronger. To me, leaping ability in comics does not equate to strength. The Thing hardly ever jumps very high (if at all) but is still stronger than Toad or Beast, both of whom can outleap him. No offense. Jumping just isn't Collosus' schtick.

#14 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vigilante_X: Yes, but The Thing can also only lift around 80 tons. Someone like Hulk, who is significantly stronger, can leap great distances (and is also stronger then Colossus).
#15 Edited by Vigilante_X (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@Vigilante_X: Yes, but The Thing can also only lift around 80 tons. Someone like Hulk, who is significantly stronger, can leap great distances (and is also stronger then Colossus).

And yet Beast, who is considerably weaker than either Thing or Colossus, can outleap them both. The point is that leaping ability is not an accurate gauge of strength as far as comics are concerned. In the past The Hulk, when calm, used to be around 70 tons or so and could still leap greater distances Than Thing could now. Leaping ability is just not a very good measure of strength comics-wise.

#16 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vigilante_X said:

@Ferro Vida said:

And yet Beast, who is considerably weaker than either Thing or Colossus, can outleap them both. The point is that leaping ability is not an accurate gauge of strength as far as comics are concerned. In the past The Hulk, when calm, used to be around 70 tons or so and could still leap greater distances Than Thing could now. Leaping ability is just not a very good measure of strength comics-wise.

That's not actually fair to say. Beast is more agile then Thing or Colossus, which allows him to make impressive jumps (I want to say he can leap 25 feet up and 50 feet forward from a standing position, but I have to check that). Logically, because Thing and Colossus are so strong they would be able to perform a single leap that is higher and further then Beast. One would need to take into account the difference in weight as well, but that wouldn't be enough to make either Thing or Colossus less capable of jumping than Beast is. They simply do not because it is not part of the way they have learned to fight, and they can't utilize jumping for the same strategic purposes as Beast can. 

Can you show me a scan where it says Hulk could only lift 70 tons? I'm just curious. And the Thing was going toe to toe with giant monsters despite being only able to lift around 5 tons (IIRC). They were still fleshing out the limitations of their characters and of the Marvel Universe as a whole, so it would make sense to have a few things retconned.  

Leaping distance is just as valid a measurement of strength as throwing distance is; both require the movement of a certain weight over a certain distance, and both would need a certain amount of force to achieve said movement.
#17 Posted by beatboks1 (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vigilante_X: With all due respect your comparing different things.

First in the idea of comparing a high jumper to someone who leaps from a standing position. The first has to do with a combination of speed and fluid motion/style. you atain speed then leap and with aerialist movement go over a bar. The second is simply leg strength which is of course directly proportional to other body strength. You use the very same muscles in the exact same way to clean and jerk etc to start to lift the weight. So a weight lifter is VERY much like a jumper like the one we are talking about.

Second both Thing and Colossus would in fact require a LOT greater strength than Hulk to be able to jump a fraction as far. In case you hadn't noticed both are comprised completely of much denser material with a much greater mass. Hulk like all biological beings is made of 90% water which equates to 1kg per 1000 cubic CM. The mass of Rock is more like 5gk per 1000 cubic CM and metal more like 10kg for the same. So even though Hulk is maybe 10% larger is size than Colossus and 2% more than Thing Thing would need to be more than 4 times as strong to jump as far and Colossus 8 to 9 times.

#18 Posted by Vigilante_X (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@Vigilante_X said:

@Ferro Vida said:

That's not actually fair to say. Beast is more agile then Thing or Colossus, which allows him to make impressive jumps (I want to say he can leap 25 feet up and 50 feet forward from a standing position, but I have to check that). Logically, because Thing and Colossus are so strong they would be able to perform a single leap that is higher and further then Beast. One would need to take into account the difference in weight as well, but that wouldn't be enough to make either Thing or Colossus less capable of jumping than Beast is. They simply do not because it is not part of the way they have learned to fight, and they can't utilize jumping for the same strategic purposes as Beast can. Can you show me a scan where it says Hulk could only lift 70 tons? I'm just curious. And the Thing was going toe to toe with giant monsters despite being only able to lift around 5 tons (IIRC). They were still fleshing out the limitations of their characters and of the Marvel Universe as a whole, so it would make sense to have a few things retconned. Leaping distance is just as valid a measurement of strength as throwing distance is; both require the movement of a certain weight over a certain distance, and both would need a certain amount of force to achieve said movement.

Agility has nothing to do with jump height and length. Doc Samson was stated to have the strength of a calm Hulk and he was at 70 tons at the time. Throwing is not a good indicator of strength either as a quaterback can throw a football much farther than a much stronger Linebacker.Leaping is not a strength feat whatsoever.

#19 Edited by Vigilante_X (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Vigilante_X: With all due respect your comparing different things.

First in the idea of comparing a high jumper to someone who leaps from a standing position. The first has to do with a combination of speed and fluid motion/style. you atain speed then leap and with aerialist movement go over a bar. The second is simply leg strength which is of course directly proportional to other body strength. You use the very same muscles in the exact same way to clean and jerk etc to start to lift the weight. So a weight lifter is VERY much like a jumper like the one we are talking about.

Second both Thing and Colossus would in fact require a LOT greater strength than Hulk to be able to jump a fraction as far. In case you hadn't noticed both are comprised completely of much denser material with a much greater mass. Hulk like all biological beings is made of 90% water which equates to 1kg per 1000 cubic CM. The mass of Rock is more like 5gk per 1000 cubic CM and metal more like 10kg for the same. So even though Hulk is maybe 10% larger is size than Colossus and 2% more than Thing Thing would need to be more than 4 times as strong to jump as far and Colossus 8 to 9 times.

That is the reason why i used the olympic lifter/high-jumper comparison. Because they both utilize technique and momentum and yet the much stronger olympic lifter can lift much more than the high jumper and the high jumper can jump higher than the much stronger lifter. Standing verticals have nothing to do with strength per se either as this movement also utilizes momentum and has to do with fast twitch muscle recruitment. A powerlifter who squats 1000+ lbs does not necessarily have the vertical of Michael Jordan even though he is much stronger.

Colossus is only 500 lbs in his armored form as he becomes "organic steel" (sometimes referred to as Osmium) and it is not as heavy or as dense as standard steel and the Thing has a rock-like skin but is not composed entirely of solid rock and neither of the two is as massive or as heavy as the Hulk anyway so your point is not relevant and your formulas are flawed because of these mistakes on your part. Either or them being denser than the Hulk is also debatable as their weights do not reflect a higher density than the Hulk but rather a lower density, especially in the case of Colossus' armored form.

You are also confusing mass with density as far as your formulas on kgs per cubic centimeters. Those formulas are for the density of a material. Mass and volume are synonymous, where the 1000 cm= the mass/volume.

Also the human body is roughly 60% water not 90% and creatures water percentages vary so you are mistaken when you state that all biological beings are composed of 90% water. The breakdown for a human is as follows: 61.8 percent water by weight. Protein accounts for 16.6 percent; fat, 14.9 percent; and nitrogen, 3.3 percent of human body weight.

#20 Posted by beatboks1 (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vigilante_X said:

Agility has nothing to do with jump height and length.

Agility does have to do with the type of Jump you describe. You run and use your foward velocity and it's motion in the upward direction and agility to shift your weight to clear teh bar. That isn't the way Hulk or Aquaman Jumps. They squat in place and jump the same way a weight lefter clean and jerks. If they didn't most high jumpers would make about a 1/4 the height they do.

So water is only 61% of the human body is it. That's interesting since the body is 65 to 70% oxygen and 11 to 20% hydrogen. last time I checked the two of these make water. I'll admit i took the high end (which would be for younger people) but is didn't cut below the low end like you. And it works out to be exactly the breakdown per volume I said for weight. Try any weight you like it works out the same (enter a weight in the weight field and human body in the filter field) . http://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/weight-to-volume

An 80kg Human body is 79,000 cubic cm compared to the same weight fro Rock 10,000 (basically needing 1/8 as much to have the same weight) and 10,000 for steel. Even if it's not the entire body it still massively adds to the weight. And if it doesn't have the mass of steel or rock it wont be as resilient.

Not that any of it matters anyway, Aquaman has strength feats well over 100 ton (which neither of the other two do as per version). For one a Bronze age feat had him support a 10 story building that's foundation was eroded while it was evacuated. the weight on average of a brick building (as per the feat) is around 178KG per Square meter. That would make a 10 story building (lets assume its only small at 20 meters by 10) between 850 and 900 ton. Obviously supporting it while people get out isn't the entire weight (as a lot of the building is still firmly weighted on the ground). he's also lifted and underground city block. Punched wholes in nuclear submarines that can withstand 100 atmospheres of pressure ( or a 1000kg of force / square mater).

#21 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5669 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Aquaman with no TP ( per OP) and no new feats gets OWNED by Collosus. Pre 52 Aquaman wins 6/10 even without TP off strength alone

#22 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's mobility is greater. His strength is comparable to the Russian's, but his speed and agility are far beyond his, not to mention his jumping ability and the fact that he's more likely a better fighter. Of course, Aquaman is nerfed here to give Colossus a shot at a win, but I think Aquaman will still win a slight, slight majority. Aquaman from before the reboot would stomp Colossus flat out.

#23 Posted by YoungThriller (744 posts) - - Show Bio

Super jumping is related to super strength.

And aquaman wins.

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus wins

#25 Posted by emperorznb (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Aquaman wins. New 52 Aquaman loses.

#26 Posted by beatboks1 (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

Pre 52 Aquaman wins. New 52 Aquaman loses.

Not so sure I'd agree

That's from issue 1 DCNu. That's an armored car (which when full can be up to 27 tons in weight- I doubt they'd rob an empty one) that was in a car chase with police that is brought to a complete stop instantly and with almost no effort or strain. That's an impulse force of 450900 newtons ( Impulse = mass x change in velocity which would be 6000 kg x 16.7M/s {assuming it was going around 60KM/H, which it was probably going a lot faster}). Since F=MA and to lift something requires 10m/s (A of gravity being 9.98) , and we know the force when not straining that Arthur in DCNu can do is this that means he can casually lift 45 tons without a strain.

#27 Edited by chiq (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

is aquaman as durable as Colossus? Colossus is a pretty durable brick surviving falls from space, being used as a human battering ram, etc...who can survive more physical punishment? aquaman can survive punches from supes while he bleeds from fish attacks...his durability is kinda all over the place.

#28 Posted by beatboks1 (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq:

He's also gone toe to toe with Lobo, Martian Manhunter and taken blows from Wonder Woman. His body can withstand the depths at the ocean floor. That many times the pressure that would crush a nuclear Submarine. He can (and always has really) withstand gunfire, but High caliber bullets will make him bleed a little. But yeah the BS where his hand bot eaten by piranha should never have happened.

#29 Posted by Saren (25088 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#30 Posted by mgc500 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Well if you really want to get all technical about it, the armored truck in the pic is a single axle model, most likely weighing (fully loaded) 25,000 lbs/12.5 tons. A truck in the 27 ton range would be a full size semi at a gross vehicle weight in the neighborhood of 54,000 lbs. Secondly, Aquaman did not fully stop the vehicle. He lifted it, and let its own momentum carry it over him.

I think Colossus could give Aquaman a run for his money on dry land.

#31 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

I think aquamans strength, agility, speed, and fighting skills are all above colossus. He wins. But he would be tough to put down.

#32 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgc500 said:

@beatboks1: Well if you really want to get all technical about it, the armored truck in the pic is a single axle model, most likely weighing (fully loaded) 25,000 lbs/12.5 tons. A truck in the 27 ton range would be a full size semi at a gross vehicle weight in the neighborhood of 54,000 lbs. Secondly, Aquaman did not fully stop the vehicle. He lifted it, and let its own momentum carry it over him.

That post made me smile ahhhaha.

@beatboks1: That pic does not impress me at all compared to pre 52 aquaman.

#33 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus.

Jumping power means next to nothing in this fight.

#34 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5669 posts) - - Show Bio
@mgc500

Wow !! I'm speechless. I love technical stuff.
#35 Posted by beatboks1 (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgc500 said:

OK lets get technical. Two sheets of Steel 2cm Thick 3m long and 1.8m high is almost 6 tons on it's own. That's without the armament of the top rear and front or Hood of the vehicle. A small car weights between 1.5 to 1.7 tons so a vehicle this size would be 2 to 3 That's 9 tons with half the armament. It's looking a lot more like the weight your suggesting would be unloaded. Now a pallet of paper (about 1.5m tall) weight 1.7 ton. A vehicle that size would fit the equivilent of 4 maybe 5. So if it were loaded with only paper money that would make it 22 tons (again with no armor on roof, rear doors etc). I'll admit I did take the maximum known weight of an armored CAR (not truck), Hut i took a moderate speed for what I though a car chase would be.

@sandiego008 said:

@beatboks1: That pic does not impress me at all compared to pre 52 aquaman.

Oh agreed, no question. His strength feats pre 52 are MUCH better. All I meant was with that feat being so casual even post he's in Colossus league ( a non Jugg's one anyway)

#36 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

Oh agreed, no question. His strength feats pre 52 are MUCH better. All I meant was with that feat being so casual even post he's in Colossus league ( a non Jugg's one anyway)

Just because casual doesn't mean he is in colossus league, considering he uses momentum for most of that. It does mean he is extremely cool headed and knows how to react in battle situations fast. IMO ... it does not prove that he is in his league or that he can penetrate or harm colossus at this point. Again correct me if wrong as I am not reading aquaman 52 atm.

#37 Posted by Unparalleled (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a scan that showed ak47 fire giving Aquaman a small cut on his face. So he may have a vulnerability to piercing type damage but I believe they are almost even in blunt force durability and Aquaman has strength feets in Colossus's range.

I think Aquaman is the better fighter and may be more ruthless.

I give it to Aquaman 7 out of 10

#38 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Unparalleled said:

I think Aquaman is the better fighter and may be more ruthless.

What makes you think these things about aquaman 52?

#39 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

even if colossus is stronger, I would say Aquaman wins due to speed and probably fighting ability (plus Trident!)

probably something like 6/10 Aquaman wins

#40 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

Definetively Aquaman.

#41 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@thveej said:

even if colossus is stronger, I would say Aquaman wins due to speed and probably fighting ability (plus Trident!)

probably something like 6/10 Aquaman wins

what speed feats does he have in 52 what fighting ability feats? what has his trident been shown to do in 52?

@Matezoide2 said:

Definetively Aquaman.

why ... what has aquaman 52 done?

#42 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: Well if the argument gonna be based on new 52 feat, then this whole topic is useless cause there has been only 5 issues and mostly it was an intro to the character. So yah I guess by default Colossus wins.....

Based on his leaping ability + how well he swims and how generally fast he seemed to be in combat vs those sea monsters (who seemed fairly agile) that he is probably faster than Colossus.

And just the fact that he has a trident, that has shown to be able to cut through steel (dunno if it can hurt colossus, probably not) and seems to be a fairly sturdy weapon I would say would be useful in H2H. Could u not imagine a scenario that Aquaman uses his trident to trip or unbalance colossus (again no feat have been recorded but I assume the trident would be more useful than just pure fists + knees and kicks and i guess headbutts lol

Lastly Arthur being king of Atlantis, I would expect him to have been well trained in H2H combat and most importantly know a few technique or moves that colossus hasn't seen, being from Atlantis and all.

In my mind Aquaman wins a bit more than 50% of times, but yah no feat to show for it since its new 52 I made some assumptions that I don't think are too far-fetch

#43 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@thveej said:

@sandiego008: Well if the argument gonna be based on new 52 feat, then this whole topic is useless cause there has been only 5 issues and mostly it was an intro to the character. So yah I guess by default Colossus wins.....

Based on his leaping ability + how well he swims and how generally fast he seemed to be in combat vs those sea monsters (who seemed fairly agile) that he is probably faster than Colossus.

And just the fact that he has a trident, that has shown to be able to cut through steel (dunno if it can hurt colossus, probably not) and seems to be a fairly sturdy weapon I would say would be useful in H2H. Could u not imagine a scenario that Aquaman uses his trident to trip or unbalance colossus (again no feat have been recorded but I assume the trident would be more useful than just pure fists + knees and kicks and i guess headbutts lol

Lastly Arthur being king of Atlantis, I would expect him to have been well trained in H2H combat and most importantly know a few technique or moves that colossus hasn't seen, being from Atlantis and all.

In my mind Aquaman wins a bit more than 50% of times, but yah no feat to show for it since its new 52 I made some assumptions that I don't think are too far-fetch

Due to OP .. this IS aquaman 52 ... so yeah ... I don't know what else to say.

That is and the only reason I stated what I said. Pre aquaman 52 would prob be spite against colossus.

#44 Edited by chiq (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@chiq:

He's also gone toe to toe with Lobo, Martian Manhunter and taken blows from Wonder Woman. His body can withstand the depths at the ocean floor. That many times the pressure that would crush a nuclear Submarine. He can (and always has really) withstand gunfire, but High caliber bullets will make him bleed a little. But yeah the BS where his hand bot eaten by piranha should never have happened.

well maybe durability and strength might be debatable, since colossus has gotten into scraps and taken blows from galdiator, hulk, world war hulk, Kuurth (powered by both cyttorakk and the serpent), classic juggernaut, etc...i feel colossus might have a higher tolerance to heat and energy blasts like lighting etc and piercing attacks (wolveringes claws)...aquaman's trident might give him the advantage. not sure....

#45 Posted by Vigilante_X (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Vigilante_X said:

Agility has nothing to do with jump height and length.

Agility does have to do with the type of Jump you describe. You run and use your foward velocity and it's motion in the upward direction and agility to shift your weight to clear teh bar. That isn't the way Hulk or Aquaman Jumps. They squat in place and jump the same way a weight lefter clean and jerks. If they didn't most high jumpers would make about a 1/4 the height they do.

So water is only 61% of the human body is it. That's interesting since the body is 65 to 70% oxygen and 11 to 20% hydrogen. last time I checked the two of these make water. I'll admit i took the high end (which would be for younger people) but is didn't cut below the low end like you. And it works out to be exactly the breakdown per volume I said for weight. Try any weight you like it works out the same (enter a weight in the weight field and human body in the filter field) . http://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/weight-to-volume

An 80kg Human body is 79,000 cubic cm compared to the same weight fro Rock 10,000 (basically needing 1/8 as much to have the same weight) and 10,000 for steel. Even if it's not the entire body it still massively adds to the weight. And if it doesn't have the mass of steel or rock it wont be as resilient.

Not that any of it matters anyway, Aquaman has strength feats well over 100 ton (which neither of the other two do as per version). For one a Bronze age feat had him support a 10 story building that's foundation was eroded while it was evacuated. the weight on average of a brick building (as per the feat) is around 178KG per Square meter. That would make a 10 story building (lets assume its only small at 20 meters by 10) between 850 and 900 ton. Obviously supporting it while people get out isn't the entire weight (as a lot of the building is still firmly weighted on the ground). he's also lifted and underground city block. Punched wholes in nuclear submarines that can withstand 100 atmospheres of pressure ( or a 1000kg of force / square mater).

Agility has nothing to do with jumping height or distance. Technique plays a part in the high jump, it takes little or no agility to perform that movement it only required minimal practice. it is not a complex movement whatsoever. My point, which you seem to have difficulty following, was and is this: that being able to squat 1000 lbs or performing a 500lbs lift-clean-and press does not mean one is able to out-jump either a high jumper or Michael Jordan, whether it is a high jump, a vertical jump or a standing broad jump or long jump.

Nah. You were simply wrong about what the human body is composed of and completely misunderstood and confused the fact that certain cells vary between being composed of 65%-95% water content and thought that it meant that the entire human body was between 65% and 95% water, which it is not. it is roughly 61% water. Also your erroneous conclusion that 70% oxygen and 20% hydrogen equals 90% water is wrong as well as it takes 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom to make a water molecule so the 20% hydrogen would only be able to bond with 40% of the available oxygen which would still come to 60% water content in the body even following your high end percentages. See how that works now?

Your comparisons of the human body and rocks and steel are irrelevant Because Colossus' form is much lighter than steel which is why he only weighs 500 lbs in his armored form and the thing is not composed of solid rock his skin is simply rock-like and neither of them is as dense or as massive or as heavy as the Hulk which you mistakenly stated them as being.You were wrong about that also. No biggie.

My contention was only that jumping ability is not a good gauge for strength. And it is not. I never stated that Aquaman was not as strong, only that a leaping feat does not prove strength so your examples of aquamans strength feats are not germane to our conversation.

It's interesting how you only posted my agility quote to another user and not the other quotes that were directed at you that proved you to be in error.

And with that I bid you farewell as you seem unable to be reasoned with. Best of luck to you.

#46 Posted by mgc500 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Sketchy math might be your ally, but Google is mine, and a strong ally it is:

Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) measures the maximum a motor vehicle can safely weigh, including its cargo and passengers. The average GVW for a "route truck," which makes everyday pickups and deliveries for banks and merchants, is 25,000 lb (11,350 kg). The average finished route truck weighs 12,000 lb (5,448 kg). This leaves 13,000 lb (5,902 kg) for cargo and guards. Reducing the finished weight of a truck allows for greater cargo weight. Decreasing the amount of armoring is not an attractive option, so trucks that need to haul heavier cargo, such as coins, must be built on larger, heavier chassises. A tandem-axle truck designed to haul large pallets of coin can have a GVW upwards of 55,000 lb (24,970 kg).Read more: How armored truck is made - material, making, used, dimensions, structure, steps, industry, Raw Materials, Design, The Manufacturing Process of armored truck http://www.madehow.com/Volume-4/Armored-Truck.html#b#ixzz1l2d28sei

#47 Edited by beatboks1 (7526 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by mgc500 (49 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by BigBadBiff (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus...with one hand tied behind his back. Go tell Arthur to talk to some fish. HA Ha Ha

#50 Edited by beatboks1 (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgc500 said:

@beatboks1 said:

@mgc500: Google is a tool anyone can use to support anything. It's where i got my first figure from (the two links above one showing your weight on the google search I opened, and several more on pages 2 and 3). I already said I took the highest figures.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=weight+of+armored+car+fully+loaded&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Yes, Google is a tool one can use to support anything, as you have already shown.

The reason I went with the higher figure was it didn't add up in my experience. When I mustered out of the army in 88 I worked for an armored car collection for 15 months. The run I was on twice a week took us over an old overpass where we had to go through a weigh station to see if we could. After 5 out of 20 pick ups the car always weighed between 16 and 17 ton (no where near full). This is obviously above the lower figures in the search. I then googled the weight of steel per square meter and using my memory of the truck that it was about an inch thick all round, tall enough for me to almost stand up in etc came up with the calculation in may second post on it's weight, which added up came closer to the larger. That was why I used the higher figure. We are talking about an almost 25 year old vehicle, it may be nothing like the picture at all, and they may have changed how they are made.