Aquaman (New 52) vs Minotaur (Marvel Now)

• 59 results
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lowlaville:

Spider-Man said Molrun (Probably butchered that name.) hit like Thor and Hulk. Does that mean he did?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

well.. though thor one shotted him.. doesn't necessarily mean the statement has to be wrong.. thor only stated about minataur's striking power.. which is as powerful as hulk.. doesn't mean he has to be as durable as hulk too... so aquaman here have to withstand some hulk level hitting.. though i believe aquaman can win.

Problem being is how do we know it isn't hyperbole? I'm not going to say minotaur is on par with hulk just because thor said so. Maybe if minotaur did something in his fight with thor I'd take it a bit more seriously. The whole thing is a non feat. I mean hulk has one shotted thor with a cheap shot before....

I've ranted enough about villains who only fight 1 guy and have no feats otherwise in various Black Manta threads. The same applies here. Fighting one dude doesn't make you their equal, especially when you lose in a horrible fashion.

I can see where you're coming from with this. I think it depends. Characters like despero and doomsday mostly get there feats through fighting various other power houses. I think thats fine as long as its consistent. However I think people like say captain cold, we should take fighting flash with a grain of salt because he's fought other people outside of that, and it doesn't make sense for captain cold to be that fast. I think it depends on the characters average.

All though yea aquaman should wreck here.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lowlaville:

Spider-Man said Molrun (Probably butchered that name.) hit like Thor and Hulk. Does that mean he did?

Spiderman is not in the league of Thor and Hulk to have any credibility to the statement. Its unlikely he'd live to say how hard they strike. Thor on the other hand, he can take punches from Hulk practically any which day of the week. So no....big difference.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Experio

Aquaman

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Arthur all the way

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Given that all the Minotaur did was dish out a bit of damage on Thor and then got taken out fairly swiftly both times they fought, I can't see how the Minotaur being remotely comparable to Hulk is a valid statement. He only has limited showings of his strength in battle and just because he gave Thor a bit of a battle doesn't mean he's equal to Thor. In contrast, Aquaman has a robust selection of feats in The New 52 thus far and there are clear parameters for his strength, striking power and durability in a fight. Hence, Aquaman is by far more likely to take a win over Agger due to more feats and evidence of his capabilities.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Yes, Thor can do the same to Hulk if he won't hold back.

2.Minotaur doesn't have strength feats nor solo wins, so he loses this fight by default.