Aquaman (New 52) vs Minotaur (Marvel Now)

• 59 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Random encounter
  • New 52 Aquaman
  • Current version of Minotaur
  • Standart gears
  • BFR allowed (doesn't count as victory)
  • No help
  • Battle starts 15 meters apart
  • Morals off,bloodlust
  • Wins by death or incapacitation

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Unless Norman got amped to Iron Man levels..Arthur beats the brakes off him.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read anything of Norman past Siege... If he is the same as then, then Aquaman wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Norman is going need a hospital after this....or maybe a coffin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@matchesmalone21: Who is minotaur?

Minotaur is Thor's newest villain. Dario Agger is the CEO of Roxxon Industries that have the ability to turn into a minotaur with superhuman stats and also a healing factor.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#13 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: Thor said he hits as hard as Hulk and then proceeded to one shot him.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: What are Minotaur's feats against Thor?

I searching for scans to post here...wait some minutes mate!!!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Thor said he hits as hard as Hulk and then proceeded to one shot him.

I guess aquaman should win nearly every time? I mean spider-man said morlun hits harder than hulk and thor and I don't believe that, so thors statement shouldn't mean much since he one shotted him....Maybe if the fight had dragged on for a while that statement could have meant something...

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Arthur.

Agger does have the strength advantage due to Thor claiming he possessed strength equivalent to Hulk's and he did harm Thor. I don't believe this to be true though because when Thor stopped holding back, he one-shotted him...punching him out of the city. Other than that, Agger has no other significant showings, or the sufficient speed to keep up with Aquaman

Arthur's speed advantage and sufficient striking force give him the win

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@unbreakable_fs4: Did New 52 Arthur gotten telepathic feats similar to his Pre-New 52 self?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: He literally came in when Thor was getting ganged up on by Ulik and some trolls, and then gored him. Thor looked messed up from the hit, but Ulik was drawing blood with his punches just before Agger hit him, so it's hard to say how much it really did. As far as we know, he truly might hit as hard as the Hulk at a certain level, but his durability in comparison is lacking.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@homicidalmaniac: I am not sure of this as I am not current with all of Arthur's New-52 showings but regardless I don't think Agger can resist any level of TP from Author considering he has no telepathic resistance based on feats so far.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Considering you are knowledgeable on just about all of Aquaman's New-52 feats, would you say he's comparable to his Pre-52 counterpart in the telepathic department?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Aquaman grills him.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@matchesmalone21: Considering you are knowledgeable on just about all of Aquaman's New-52 feats, would you say he's comparable to his Pre-52 counterpart in the telepathic department?

Not even close. Although, the Topo feat was pretty nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: Scans

Turning into Minotaur

Fighting Thor. Tanked a punch and hits from the hammer,also Minotaur horns pierce Thor's skin.

@homicidalmaniac: @unbreakable_fs4: Aquaman telepathy doesn't work on humans in New 52,only in aquatic life.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: @patrat18: Wow, well that sucks. Well since it may turn into h2h, I'll give Author the slight advantage due to his speed and his sufficient striking force. Also considering Agger's poor durability showing, I see Arthur being able to put him down

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: Let's see if it will change into the future......but still controlling something big as Topo is a great feat.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Yeah, it was impressive, now if they could just make his telepathic ability similar in the non-aquatic life category, I will be satisfied lol

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman kills him easy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: Apparently he have called a lizard via telepathy (apparently) in Sahaara desert

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: That's a good sign. At least that's indication that it's not limited to only aquatic life. There's a possibility this ability of his can be explored more in the future.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Aquaman !!!!! :D

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By New_World_Order

I don't see why people are using Agger getting one-shotted as a low-showing as I'm pretty sure a morals off Thor would do the same to Aquaman.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order:

Not before Aquaman dodges his hit and impales Thor through the head with his trident. *Insert troll face.*

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@god_spawn said:

I guess aquaman should win nearly every time? I mean spider-man said morlun hits harder than hulk and thor and I don't believe that, so thors statement shouldn't mean much since he one shotted him....Maybe if the fight had dragged on for a while that statement could have meant something...

well.. though thor one shotted him.. doesn't necessarily mean the statement has to be wrong.. thor only stated about minataur's striking power.. which is as powerful as hulk.. doesn't mean he has to be as durable as hulk too... so aquaman here have to withstand some hulk level hitting.. though i believe aquaman can win.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_man_with_questions Haha

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 god_spawn  Moderator

I don't see why people are using Agger getting one-shotted as a low-showing as I'm pretty sure a morals off Thor would do the same to Aquaman.

Who is using it as a low showing?

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh I think Minotaur wins.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah...Arthur will enjoy steak today...aquaman for the win....

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I've ranted enough about villains who only fight 1 guy and have no feats otherwise in various Black Manta threads. The same applies here. Fighting one dude doesn't make you their equal, especially when you lose in a horrible fashion.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lowlaville

I've ranted enough about villains who only fight 1 guy and have no feats otherwise in various Black Manta threads. The same applies here. Fighting one dude doesn't make you their equal, especially when you lose in a horrible fashion.

This is discounting for the fact that vibrations off of Thor's strikes can shatter moons? Or the fact that he busted the same Thor to a nigh pulp? Victory does not determine the progression of battles. Villains are bound by the stigma of losing. Hardly an accountable reason for your case.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lowlaville said:

@fallschirmjager said:

This is discounting for the fact that vibrations off of Thor's strikes can shatter moons? Or the fact that he busted the same Thor to a nigh pulp? Victory does not determine the progression of battles. Villains are bound by the stigma of losing. Hardly an accountable reason for your case.

Thor's abilities are irrelevant to this battle. Minotaur didn't tank any of his shots, he got 1 shoted. Just because Thor can hit X hard doesn't mean someone weaker can't do that same or that it requires someone as strong as Thor to do it.

It has nothing to do with losing. It has to do with the fact that a character who only has 1 battle against 1 guy, means nothing. Battles arent' written with strength in mind, they're written for story. Unless you have multiple instances of Minotaur fighting Thor or Thor level characters, there's no reason he's on the level.

Just like I can't claim Ocean Master destroying the JLA makes him a JLA team buster because he's literally done nothing else to justify that fight. Minotaur has done nothing to justify his fight with Thor.

And its not like Aquaman doesn't have his own weapon with far and away enough feats to 1 shot Minotaur who has no durability showings. Again. Getting 1 shotted by Thor isnt' a showing of durability. Just because Thor did it, doesn't mean you have to be as strong as Thor to do it.

I can take a gun and shoot an egg, but that doesn't mean you have to have something as powerful as a gunshot to break the egg. And if we've never seen that Egg do anything else, there's nothing to compare it with.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: So basically you are saying, Minotaur is a glass cannon. is that it?

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lowlaville

@karazor-el said:

@lowlaville: you really dont understand his point??

I do. He said just because Thor one shots Minotaur does not mean anyone weaker can't do it. Especially which according to him, when he has no durability feats.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP changed

That's not necessarily since i've changed the OP.

Why not just make a new op? I know I was confused for a few comments.

As it is for this fight, I'll roll with Aquaman.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thedailybagel  Moderator

I'm pretty sure that jason was basically using that instance as f*ck you! To hulk fans. Nevertheless if thor beat him that easily Arthur should be able to kill him with his trident. I'm going with aquaman for the solid majority.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lowlaville said:

@fallschirmjager: So basically you are saying, Minotaur is a glass cannon. is that it?

No. I'm saying he's featless because 1 fight against Thor doesn't mean anything. You have no idea if Minotaur is actually a powerhouse that would stomp Thor but was just jobbing or if he's a street leveler that doesn't belong. You can't say either way because he literally has no standard showings for us to measure him.

Two characters fighting each other is meaningless unless you have other references to go on to know if the fight was legit or not. Its how every character is measured and why we know Captain America fighting Spider-Man is PIS because Captain America doesn't compare to Spider-Man based previous showings.

I made my initial post comparing him to Black Manta because so many people keep on insisting Black Manta is Aquaman's level because of their one fight despite the fact that every showing other than that fight clearly indicates it was PIS.

For Minotaur, we don't even have anything but that fight. I consider him no different than New 52 Hercules who also doesn't have any other feats but his fight with Aquaman. Those fights mean nothing without context and there is no context.