• 92 results
#1 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

VS:

• Warriors Three are 616.
  • Aquaman and Hawkman are New 52.
  • Same gear as seen in the pictures (except Volstaag has a battle-axe).
  • In character.
  • Win by death, incapitation or KO (no BFR).
  • Aquaman is fully hydrated.
  • No prep.

Battlefield:

#2 Posted by RogueShadow (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#3 Edited by dondave (37989 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#4 Posted by patrat18 (9813 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#5 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by dondave (37989 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

These fully hydrated comments are annoying.

Aquaman is the same dude in and out of water. Being more or less hydrated doesn't make him stronger or weaker.

He probably swims faster than he runs, but that is it. He spent his entire life up until his late-teens on land and he had the same superpowers. His house is on the land for crying out land...he isn't weak every morning after he wakes up is he?

And before you bring up the desert-scans...Aquaman is part human. Stick Batman in the desert for a whole day and he's going to be weaker. Or Flash. Or Captain America. Or ANYONE who is hydrogen based lifeform.

Anyway...not that my rant is over...can someone post feats for the Warriors 3?

#8 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

These fully hydrated comments are annoying.

Aquaman is the same dude in and out of water. Being more or less hydrated doesn't make him stronger or weaker.

He probably swims faster than he runs, but that is it. He spent his entire life up until his late-teens on land and he had the same superpowers. His house is on the land for crying out land...he isn't weak every morning after he wakes up is he?

And before you bring up the desert-scans...Aquaman is part human. Stick Batman in the desert for a whole day and he's going to be weaker. Or Flash. Or Captain America. Or ANYONE who is hydrogen based lifeform.

Anyway...not that my rant is over...can someone post feats for the Warriors 3?

Well I remember one time when he had to have some firemen to hydrate him with a fire hose so he can be strong enough to lift a building. It was pre-52 though.

The Warriors Three are peak-Asgardians. Not Thor level of course. They're like regular Asgardians but in peak physical condition (except for Volstaag, he isn't what he used to be because of his size). They're all expert warriors, probably the best in Asgard.

#9 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Pre-52 Yes. New -52 No. You stated he's New 52.

Sorry if I came off like a dick. Its a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway. I'd probably give the Edge to Team 1 then, because of superior numbers. I think Team 2 needs a 3rd.

Although specifics would be nice. What is their approximate tonnage level, speed and durability?

#10 Edited by Jake Fury (18755 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

I believe Fandral & Hogun are around class 35 ton strength. Let me see if I can that listed on screen somewhere.

#11 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake_fury: ...really? Based on @the_red_viper's comments I'd thought they be more like Thor.

If that's the case Aquaman can probably solo. He's as much as a 225,000 tonner. And his trident is capable of piercing Darkseid.

#12 Posted by Jake Fury (18755 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Most of the old handbooks listed average Asgardians in the 30-35 ton class. I haven't really followed the W3 close enough to know if their feats state otherwise.

#13 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake_fury: I only started reading Thor last year when God of Thunder came out. And the warriors 3 have no combat feats in that series yet. So I don't know =/. Here are Aquaman's best feats though

Aquaman throws a Submarine out of the Ocean. Modern US attack Submarines weight about 8000~ tons. Ballistic Subs weight 18,000~ tons. (The first scan in the list, comes after the 2nd one)

Darkseid gets stabbed in the face.

Aquaman lifts up a ocean liner. They vary in weight but the two largest Liner's today are 225,000 tons - so that would be the maximum for that feat.

#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18755 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I definitely think that Fandral & Hogun's skill can make it a good fight. Not sure how long Volstagg would last though. I don't think many Asgardians outside of Thor have many major lifting feats.

#15 Posted by BlackWind (6498 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Don't really care about the match. Just saying pre 52, Aquaman has tanked many explosions(which would produce heat) plasma blasts, and sven heat vision from AMAZO. Even pre 52, fire and beat don't bother him as much as many assume. It's dryness that does it.

#16 Posted by robertloucksjr (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

Warrior 3 feats. They are remarkably durable and even Volstagg has immense endurance compared to even a peak human. Aquaman is way too strong for them though.

#17 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr: Good feats, but nothing I don't think Aquaman can't deal with - especially given that he has his trident. The Darkseid feat was pretty impressive IMO.

#19 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1840 posts) - - Show Bio

AQ and HM win.

#20 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the comments above, inclined to go with Team 1.

#21 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@robertloucksjr: Good feats, but nothing I don't think Aquaman can't deal with - especially given that he has his trident. The Darkseid feat was pretty impressive IMO.

not really, there is a difference between piercing attacks and blunt force, the darkseid feat isn't all that impressive (the trident is strong enough to harm and even kill superman,therefore its density is far greater than supermans skin, and because of that aquaman's strength is almost irrelevant)

BTW, since when aquaman can lift 225,000 tons? his best feat is in the new 52 is throwing that mini Typhoon class submarine, With a maximum displacement of about 16,000 tonnes., about 30,000 submerged (not a real number, just my generous estimation, it's far smaller than a mini Typhoon class IMO)

a full typhoon class submarine weighs 26,000 tonnes, 48,000 when fully submerged (this number is a fact)

btw, Typhoons are the largest class of submarine ever built, so i am being extremly generous with you.

at best i would say that aquaman can lift 50,000 tons, and i am a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE aquaman fan (ever since i was 4 years old) , you are overestimating him a bit.

#22 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: I bet if you or I picked up Aquaman's trident we couldn't pierce. Strength is not irrelevant. Its definitely diminished, but not irrelevant.

And no. That's not his best feat. And I am fully aware of how much submarines weight, if you read my above posted where I state US subs weight 8000-18000 tons. And I don't know how you missed it...Aquaman lifts an Ocean Liner in this scan. The largest ones today weight 225,000 tons. And he lifts it pretty easily. This was posted above too...but I'll repost.

I haven't over estimated anyone. His strength could be as high as 225,000 tons.

#23 Posted by comic_book_fan (5680 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2

#24 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@nobody134: I bet if you or I picked up Aquaman's trident we couldn't pierce. Strength is not irrelevant. Its definitely diminished, but not irrelevant.

And no. That's not his best feat. And I am fully aware of how much submarines weight, if you read my above posted where I state US subs weight 8000-18000 tons. And I don't know how you missed it...Aquaman lifts an Ocean Liner in this scan. The largest ones today weight 225,000 tons. And he lifts it pretty easily. This was posted above too...but I'll repost.

I haven't over estimated anyone. His strength could be as high as 225,000 tons.

key word being almost, if the trident is strong enough then getting through DS skin shouldn't be all that hard, namor should be able to do so too.

he didn't lift it, he flipped it over, bearly supporting any of its weight (If you are into hydrodynamic physics, this sort of feat would not require all that much force, assuming aquaman came from below (which he most likely did)), and the following panel supports my claim.

i like aquaman a lot, he is one of my favs, but he is still weaker than superboy (55,000 tons)

#25 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: ...dude. The ship is above his entire body. Why would he be holding the whole thing up if all he was doing was flipping it over? He wouldn't have had to, that's why. Furthermore if he was just flipped it over, he would been grabbed it from the top, not the bottom - as the ship is now somewhat upright.

He lifted it.

Saying Aquaman is one of your favorite characters, doesn't change the fact you're downplaying the feat.

#26 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@nobody134: ...dude. The ship is above his entire body. Why would he be holding the whole thing up if all he was doing was flipping it over? He wouldn't have had to, that's why. Furthermore if he was just flipped it over, he would been grabbed it from the top, not the bottom - as the ship is now somewhat upright.

He lifted it.

Saying Aquaman is one of your favorite characters, doesn't change the fact you're downplaying the feat.

the ship wasn't above his entire body, that's the point.

why would he? well, he was searching for survivors wasn't he? if he would've flipped it over from the top then the center of weight would be straight down, and thus crushing any potetial survivors.

plus, flipping something like this makes you slightly support it's weight, and that gives you much more stability than just flipping it from the top (because he would'nt have any ground for stability if he would've tried to flip it over from above).

also, it's easier that way by far, it gives aquaman weight support from the water too.

it's just basic physics and nothing more, flipping it from below would be better for him in any possible way.

i dont mean to be a dick or anything, but your reasoning is weak and the logic that you are using if flawed.

#27 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: ...Because if the ship was on its side or even completely flipped over (thus him needing to flip it) ...he wouldn't grab it from the bottom...because the bottom would be facing away from him as he most probably came in from the ocean as you said.

Therefore in order to flip the ship...the only area from him to grab would have been either the top if the ship was completely flipped over, or the side...not the bottom as he is clearly doing. He even has his hand on the propeller, which is the very bottom of the ship.

He clearly is lifting the ship over his head.

My reasoning and logic are weak? How could have have flipped the ship by grabbing onto the bottom - when the bottom would be facing sideways or even upwards? Aquaman can't fly. He has to stay in the water / on land in order to anchor himself and flip it. Therefore, it would have been impossible to flip the ship grabbing where he's grabbing.

The ship is clearly over his head. I don't know how much more clear that needs to be.

#28 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@nobody134: ...Because if the ship was on its side or even completely flipped over (thus him needing to flip it) ...he wouldn't grab it from the bottom...because the bottom would be facing away from him as he most probably came in from the ocean as you said.

Therefore in order to flip the ship...the only area from him to grab would have been either the top if the ship was completely flipped over, or the side...not the bottom as he is clearly doing. He even has his hand on the propeller, which is the very bottom of the ship.

He clearly is lifting the ship over his head.

My reasoning and logic are weak? How could have have flipped the ship by grabbing onto the bottom - when the bottom would be facing sideways or even upwards? Aquaman can't fly. He has to stay in the water / on land in order to anchor himself and flip it. Therefore, it would have been impossible to flip the ship grabbing where he's grabbing.

The ship is clearly over his head. I don't know how much more clear that needs to be.

he flipped it over and because of that the ship was on it's side, it wasn't on it's side in the first place,

aquaman flipped it over, or to be more precise, the ship acted as a hypotenuse in Right triangle that was created when aquaman came from below.

if he would've truly lifted the ship then he would've come straight from below, he would've ripper those rocks apart and save the survivors before the ship could sink.which he didn't.

He came from the side of the ship, notice that the ship has a rather large and round base, and because of that its far more reasonable for him to flip it rather than to lift it, especially because you have no proof to the fact that he actually lifted it.

he merely supported some of its weight and nothing more, this feat isn't all that great.

you are going for the high-end scaling of this feat, but there's much place for doubt in it, the low end of this feat (the more reasonable one IMO) is much less imperesive and is still very possible.

#29 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

Hawkan in the recent JLA went one on one with Shaggy man for some rounds and his New 52 armor is pretty uber.

In addition to Aquaman being above every one on the field by a good amount.

Also lol at lowballing the ocean liner feat.Geoff Johns surely told Jim Lee to draw a 3/4 pose of Aquaman NOT lifting the ship. In a JL issue where he only gets 2-3 pages to himself.

Here's another in case there are any doubts of how strong AQ is

#30 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: @fallschirmjager: You are aware that all this is kinda pointless right? He was in the water when he threw the sub and when he lifted/flipped the ship. He's always had superior strength feats in the water, so those feats don't really matter in this fight.

Fallschirmjager, The Warriors Three aren't like Thor. Thor is meta-Asgardian, The Warriors Three are peak-Asgardian. Like Wonder Woman is meta-Amazon (a lot stronger and faster than regular Amazons).

So if an average Asgardian is like 30-35 tons, my guess is that TWT are around 40-45. Which is, as far as I know, not much lower than out-of water Aquaman. His best out of water feat that I recall in the New 52 was lifting and flipping over that armored truck in his first issue (didn't read much N52 Aquaman though so he might have something better that I'm not aware of).

@comicfan11 same goes for your feat, it's irrelevant since Aquaman is in the water.

#31 Posted by dondave (37989 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11 said:

Team 1

Hawkan in the recent JLA went one on one with Shaggy man for some rounds and his New 52 armor is pretty uber.

In addition to Aquaman being above every one on the field by a good amount.

Also lol at lowballing the ocean liner feat.Geoff Johns surely told Jim Lee to draw a 3/4 pose of Aquaman NOT lifting the ship. In a JL issue where he only gets 2-3 pages to himself.

Here's another in case there are any doubts of how strong AQ is

No one is lowballing anything, my absorvation is within reason, aquaman did not support all of its weight.

also, in your feat he had momentum (aquaman can reach mach 17) + the ship was rusty and it was broken, also the model itself is far smaller than that of ocean liner.

aquaman will solo.

#33 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: @fallschirmjager: You are aware that all this is kinda pointless right? He was in the water when he threw the sub and when he lifted/flipped the ship. He's always had superior strength feats in the water, so those feats don't really matter in this fight.

Fallschirmjager, The Warriors Three aren't like Thor. Thor is meta-Asgardian, The Warriors Three are peak-Asgardian. Like Wonder Woman is meta-Amazon (a lot stronger and faster than regular Amazons).

So if an average Asgardian is like 30-35 tons, my guess is that TWT are around 40-45. Which is, as far as I know, not much lower than out-of water Aquaman. His best out of water feat that I recall in the New 52 was lifting and flipping over that armored truck in his first issue (didn't read much N52 Aquaman though so he might have something better that I'm not aware of).

@comicfan11 same goes for your feat, it's irrelevant since Aquaman is in the water.

yeah, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Aquaman can solo them even without his trident.

#34 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134 said:

he flipped it over and because of that the ship was on it's side, it wasn't on it's side in the first place,

aquaman flipped it over, or to be more precise, the ship acted as a hypotenuse in Right triangle that was created when aquaman came from below.

if he would've truly lifted the ship then he would've come straight from below, he would've ripper those rocks apart and save the survivors before the ship could sink.which he didn't.

He came from the side of the ship, notice that the ship has a rather large and round base, and because of that its far more reasonable for him to flip it rather than to lift it, especially because you have no proof to the fact that he actually lifted it.

he merely supported some of its weight and nothing more, this feat isn't all that great.

you are going for the high-end scaling of this feat, but there's much place for doubt in it, the low end of this feat (the more reasonable one IMO) is much less imperesive and is still very possible.

I'm only going to explain this 1 more time - since you don't see to get it.

If the shipped needed to be flipped over - there is NO WAY he could have grabbed it on the propeller. Why? Because if the ship was inverted, the propellers would be STICKING UP into the air or STICKING OUT to the side. Aquaman would have NO WAY of grabbing the propeller because he can't fly. He has to stay anchored to the water or the ground in order to apply force and flip the ship.

Furthermore look at the ship. Its clearly balanced on its side. If it can balance like that, it would not have been flipped over in ths first place. Ships don't just randomly flip over. If there was a hole in the ship that caused it to take on weight and thus it needed to be flipped over ... - it can't be left in the water or it would just fall right back down - clearly the ship is balancing even if its not on an even keel.

Finally - if all he did was lift the ship over - WHY is the ship being lifted over his head? The only way he flipped the ship is if the ship was completely vertical - thus the back end of the ship sticking down into the water and the nose into the sky - because he is grabbed on to the propellers which are on the BOTTOM of the ship. If the ship was truly in this position - all he would need to do was grab it, apply force / swim the ass end up. He would have NO NEED to lift it over his head. Hell - given how ships tend to naturally right themselves - he wouldn't even need to push it all the way, after getting it started, it would right itself, by itself.

I don't know how much clearer it can get.

@the_red_viper said:

You're wrong. Just liked I explained to you earlier. Aquaman's powers don't change from land to water. This is a misconception everyone seems to have. Furthermore the Ocean Liner feat - he's not in the water. He's standing on the shore / rocks. If he was truly weaker on land he wouldn't have been able to support the weight as soon as he left water.

#35 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@the_red_viper: Water doesn't make him stronger

His best feats of strength are in water, both in new and pre 52.

#36 Posted by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134 said:

I'm only going to explain this 1 more time - since you don't see to get it.

If the shipped needed to be flipped over - there is NO WAY he could have grabbed it on the propeller. Why? Because if the ship was inverted, the propellers would be STICKING UP into the air or STICKING OUT to the side. Aquaman would have NO WAY of grabbing the propeller because he can't fly. He has to stay anchored to the water or the ground in order to apply force and flip the ship.

Furthermore look at the ship. Its clearly balanced on its side. If it can balance like that, it would not have been flipped over in ths first place. Ships don't just randomly flip over. If there was a hole in the ship that caused it to take on weight and thus it needed to be flipped over ... - it can't be left in the water or it would just fall right back down - clearly the ship is balancing even if its not on an even keel.

Finally - if all he did was lift the ship over - WHY is the ship being lifted over his head? The only way he flipped the ship is if the ship was completely vertical - thus the back end of the ship sticking down into the water and the nose into the sky - because he is grabbed on to the propellers which are on the BOTTOM of the ship. If the ship was truly in this position - all he would need to do was grab it, apply force / swim the ass end up. He would have NO NEED to lift it over his head. Hell - given how ships tend to naturally right themselves - he wouldn't even need to push it all the way, after getting it started, it would right itself, by itself.

I don't know how much clearer it can get.

@the_red_viper said:

You're wrong. Just liked I explained to you earlier. Aquaman's powers don't change from land to water. This is a misconception everyone seems to have. Furthermore the Ocean Liner feat - he's not in the water. He's standing on the shore / rocks. If he was truly weaker on land he wouldn't have been able to support the weight as soon as he left water.

hold on, before i am answering you, do you have a scan of what happened before that feat?

#37 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

Aquaman's strength is a lot higher in water. In the ship scan he had his feet in the water and was just after searching for people in the ocean. The submarine throwing feat-in the water. The scan that comicfan11 posted-in the water.

Why doesn't he ever do anything like that out of water? Because water make him stronger. Always have.

#38 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: Nothing happens. The page is from JL #10 and that is the first page Aquaman appears in the issue.

Aquaman's strength is a lot higher in water. In the ship scan he had his feet in the water and was just after searching for people in the ocean. The submarine throwing feat-in the water. The scan that comicfan11 posted-in the water.

Why doesn't he ever do anything like that out of water? Because water make him stronger. Always have.

No it isn't. He is the same guy in and out of water. He doesn't get stronger in water and he isn't weaker out of water. I told you this earlier in the thread when you pointless said he's "full hydrated". That means nothing.

Aquaman spent his entire life until he was young teens/early twenties on land and he wasn't weak.

#39 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: Nothing happens. The page is from JL #10 and that is the first page Aquaman appears in the issue.

@the_red_viper said:

No it isn't. He is the same guy in and out of water. He doesn't get stronger in water and he isn't weaker out of water. I told you this earlier in the thread when you pointless said he's "full hydrated". That means nothing.

Aquaman spent his entire life until he was young teens/early twenties on land and he wasn't weak.

I'm not saying he grows weaker the longer he is on land, I'm saying that being in water gives him a huge boost.

And it's true.

#40 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Except its not. Aquaman has punched Superman hard enough to send him flying and has traded blows with Wonder Women on the surface.

There's NOTHING to support the fact that his strength changes in or out of water.

He wasn't even in the water when he's lifting the ship - he's standing on the shoreline. So that pretty much debunks your entire argument with 1 scan.

#41 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Except its not. Aquaman has punched Superman hard enough to send him flying and has traded blows with Wonder Women on the surface.

There's NOTHING to support the fact that his strength changes in or out of water.

He wasn't even in the water when he's lifting the ship - he's standing on the shoreline. So that pretty much debunks your entire argument with 1 scan.

Oh, you mean those?

On the surface? No, not really.

And in the ship scan, Aquaman is standing in the water, and is clearly after a dive. He told the medics "The waters are clear", so yeah he was after a dive.

It's one of the character's foundations. Just like yellow sun radiation makes Superman stronger. He doesn't become weaker the longer he stays on earth, but being near the sun makes him a lot stronger.

#42 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Ship scan - he's standing on rocks. Its pretty clear. So you pretty much have no argument there.

WW / Superman. Ok I remembered wrong, I thought they were on the shore. But they're in 6 inches of water! Oooh!

And no its not. No where in the New 52 is anything stated or shown about Aquaman's powers working like that. You won't find that statement in the wiki either - because its not a fact. It is a complete assumption on your part. And a wrong one.

The Tridant was capable of controlling the seas and firing energy blasts before the New-52, should we assume it still does that in the New-52 despite no evidence of it? No.

#43 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Ship scan - he's standing on rocks. Its pretty clear. So you pretty much have no argument there.

WW / Superman. Ok I remembered wrong, I thought they were on the shore. But they're in 6 inches of water! Oooh!

And no its not. No where in the New 52 is anything stated or shown about Aquaman's powers working like that. You won't find that statement in the wiki either - because its not a fact. It is a complete assumption on your part. And a wrong one.

The Tridant was capable of controlling the seas and firing energy blasts before the New-52, should we assume it still does that in the New-52 despite no evidence of it? No.

Yes, he's standing on rocks, with water all around him, craploads of water dripping on him ship, and moments after diving in the water. It's like Superman after a sun-dip. By fact, Aquaman's shown his best strength feats in water or shortly after being in the water. On dry land... not so much.

#44 Edited by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager

there's a way he could've grabbed the propeller, if the propellers were sticking to the sides and one of them would have been inside the water (the propellers are located at the lower base of the ship, correct me if i'm wrong) and therefore AQ could've come from below and simply lifted it to a certain degree, it would make sense since one of the main thing about lifting and flipping stuff over and all that shit is to keep the force that is applied from you as close to the center of gravity (of that object) as possible, This provides good stability by placing yours and the object's center of gravity near the center of your base of support, and since the ship was flipped over then that means that the ship's center of gravity wasn't the base of the ship itseld, but rather its side.

you... are not getting me, i don't really blame you, i am bad at explaining stuff

Because of the time frame there is a difference between the first and the second panel, but the main idea is that the yellow line is what we see in the first panel and the blue one is aquaman, he came from below, in close to the gravity center of the ship, and lifted it to the side to an acute angle, while looking for survivors, and then he simply let it go and returned who ever he could save to shore, and thus the time frame difference between the panels.

also, the ship wasn't "clearly balanced on its side", but rather, slowly flipping over, at least according to my theory, and my rough estimation about aquamans location holds quite a bit of ground for my explanation.

as i told you before, the ship isn't being lifted over his head, we see (yellow line) only the part that is located above him, the fact that this part of the ship was located above him does not necessarily means that he lifted the ship as a whole, but rather he simply pushed its center of gravity upwords in an acute angle, which might not be true of course, but it's still possible, and because of that your estimation of the feat is a high end one, while mine is a low end estimation.

also, notice the place from which the smoke is coming from, it's the left side of the ship, from its very front, something which could imply that the water that made the ship sink got from there, and since the front of the ship isn't round like its base (if it was, the ship would flip over right away) it could be a could explanation for the reason that the ship was flipping over in the first place.

but enough of that, i grow weary of this conversation and i got a crap ton of homework to do, so i will have to drop out.

I would like you to PM me your argument and i'll answer you as soon as i can.

#45 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: ...I have no idea what you're talking about.

#46 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Yes, he's standing on rocks, with water all around him, craploads of water dripping on him ship, and moments after diving in the water. It's like Superman after a sun-dip. By fact, Aquaman's shown his best strength feats in water or shortly after being in the water. On dry land... not so much.

Your whole argument is based around the fact that Aquaman's best feats are always in water.

That by itself doesn't mean he's automatically weaker on land. That is a fallacy. You're assuming because he's strong in water, he must be weak on land.

Find a scan that proves Aquaman is weaker on land, than he is in the water. By a statement of fact, or him failing to do something on Land that he's done in the water.

Good luck you won't find one.

#47 Posted by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: It's one of the character's foundations. I dunno if it was specifically stated in the New 52 but it's like Superman and the sun.

Anywho, he hasn't done anything on land that compares to his in-water feats.

#49 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@fallschirmjager: It's one of the character's foundations. I dunno if it was specifically stated in the New 52 but it's like Superman and the sun.

Anywho, he hasn't done anything on land that compares to his in-water feats.

Did you miss the part where DC rebooted everything 2 years ago and significant changes were made to everyone?

Aquaman has displayed super speed / jumping on land - his durability is exactly the same - he doesn't have to be in the water to control marine life. Why would his strength change? Just because he hasn't lifted up anything super heavy in the middle of the US, doesn't mean he can't.

The reason he hasn't is because there is no reason for him to be in that situation. It has nothing to do with his strength.

The comparison of Superman and the sun you keep using is also silly. Superman doesn't lose all his power when the sun sets, in the same way Aquaman doesn't lose power when he's not swimming.

Furthermore, since when does Superman's proximity to the sun give him more strength? He has the same strength and speed regardless of his position in our solar system.

#50 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I never said that being away from the sun robs Superman of his powers. But sun-dipping, by fact, gives him more strength.

Same with Aquaman. He still has his powers when on dry land, but being in the water boosts his strength by a huge margin. It's literally a foundation of the character. The reboot change a lot of things, but not THAT much.