Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

Aqualad from Young Justice (animated)

VS

Unalaq from Legend of Korra

Aqualad knows Unalaq is planning to throw the world into chaos and is on a mission to stop him.

Starting distance for both rounds is 50 feet

Fights take place at the North Pole

Round 1:

Aqualad only has his water bearers, no Manta Armor

Unalaq is not the Dark Avatar

Round 2:

Aqualad has his Manta Armor with the lasers

Unalaq has the Dark Avatar State, but he will be using it like he did vs Korra (intermittently)

Can Aqualad's magic save the world, or will Unalaq's waterbending reign supreme?

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Unalaq takes all rounds. Round 1 3/5, but Round 2 is a stomp. Unalaq pre-Dark Avatar is essentially the same as him not being in the AS. Anyway, Unalaq's water manipulation is far greater and is simply too powerful for Aqualad. On top of that, Unalaq could essentially fly with his water spout, had great mobility and was dogging most of Korra's attacks. He also withstood an AS airbending slice and was still able to maintain the spout All Unalaq really needs to do is hit spe Aqualad from his wager bearers.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq takes all rounds. Round 1 3/5, but Round 2 is a stomp. Unalaq pre-Dark Avatar is essentially the same as him not being in the AS. Anyway, Unalaq's water manipulation is far greater and is simply too powerful for Aqualad. On top of that, Unalaq could essentially fly with his water spout, had great mobility and was dogging most of Korra's attacks. He also withstood an AS airbending slice and was still able to maintain the spout All Unalaq really needs to do is hit spe Aqualad from his wager bearers.

Aqualad had waterspouts too. His constructs have stood up to explosions, lasers, bullets, and superhuman strength. Even without his water bearers (if for some reason he should be separated from them), Aqualad has enhanced stats and bioelectricity that could allow him to shock and ko Unalaq through his water.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know nothing about Unalaq, although it's a given that Kaldur is already superior to him physically.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh does aqualad have his ability to shock? If so i see or could see him winning a majority, if not I'd prolly go with Unalaq. For round 2, which version im a little confused, is this when him and vaatu are fused so tehy can shoot their lasers? or if it just when he strictly fought korra in i believe avatar state?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh does aqualad have his ability to shock? If so i see or could see him winning a majority, if not I'd prolly go with Unalaq. For round 2, which version im a little confused, is this when him and vaatu are fused so tehy can shoot their lasers? or if it just when he strictly fought korra in i believe avatar state?

Yeah, he has his bioelectricity

It's when he was still human and had the avatar state, he's fighting Aqualad like he was fighting Korra

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Mhh then aqualad first round i'd guess, and Unalaq the second.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MetalJimmor

I think Aqualad can win. His physicals are higher than Unalaq and his water control has some pretty impressive displays, like blocking large explosions and taking down opponents with superhuman strength and durability. He also has the ability to shock the water which can down Unalaq if he tries to use his waterspout to gain a maneuverability edge.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know nothing about Unalaq, although it's a given that Kaldur is already superior to him physically.

Unalaq's the guy who wins this fight:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

This one has him using his Avatar State (when his eyes are glowing), which is what he has in the second round.

Loading Video...

If these are of any help

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Round 1 aqualad

Round 2 unalaq

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathHero61

I cannot comment on this, i don't watch young justice that much anymore.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arcus1

I cannot comment on this, i don't watch young justice that much anymore.

Well it's not even on anymore so...

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well i stopped watching the series after a few episodes so i actually wasn't aware of that.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By godzilla44

I'll give to Aqualad both rounds based off those videos posted about unalaq

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus Unalaq was hardly ever using the avatar state in his fight with korra. In fact, he only enters it once throughout the entire fight, and that is when him and Korra were locked in the tug of war. What we see him doing is all his own power, without Vaatu.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: I don't remember what exactly was always his Avatar State and wha was just him, so maybe

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus

His avatar state was when his eyes started emitting a red glow. He was in it when Vaatu merged with him, and he entered it again to overwhelm Korra during their tug of war. Everything else was Unalaq's basic strength and skill.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arcus1

@gxrevolution96: Yeah I know it's when his eyes were glowing, I was just saying I don't remember when exactly that was during the fight

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably unalaq. his water control is above aqualad, i think

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aqualad takes round one, gets beaten handily round 2. In case some of you forgot, he's trained in Atlantis against other magicians, meaning he has training to handle fighters who wield water. Not only are his constructs more powerful than most Waterbenders have produced, but he also has his bioelectricity, which he can use to shock Unalaq whenever he touches him or his water.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: Aqualad's had some pretty nice feats too, imo one of his best was destroying that alien spaceship in Failsafe

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Oh sorry. He used it when he briefly overpowered Korra in the tug of war. He was also in it when he one shotted Mako and Bolin. Although, he hadn't left it from when entered in it in the tug of war.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive changed my opinion. After re-watching Young Justice, I have reconsidered round 1. I think Aqualad does win round 1.

Loading Video...

Created a dome of water that shielded everyone in it from a 'combustion' level explosion. A very impressive feat indeed. Also, at 2;12, he animates water and forms an eel type creature, which is also impressive that he can manipulate without movement. Unalaq may find it difficult counter. His water constructs(swords and daggers) could also become a problem if he gets in close to Unalaq.

Loading Video...

Using the eel to surf on and can construct powerful water fists that can be used for long ranged attacks. He could manage to knock Unalaq off his water spout, then he has a chance.

Aqualad also held his own against Black Beetle, who curbstomped the entire 'team', including Superboy back on the Reach ship in 'Before the dawn'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: He "held his own" against Black Beetle for about 5 seconds before getting blasted, but otherwise nice feats. Those are some of my favorite Aqualad fights

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Good fight.

Round 1 - Leaning toward Aqualad

Round 2 - DA Unalaq

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aqualad wins. I guess Unalaq can only hurt him with ice. How strong is his attacks, Aqualad is stronger, faster and more durable than anything that Unalaq faced.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Round 1 - Aqualad

Round 2 - DA Unalaq.

Would be a challenge though as AL's stats are superior to Unalaq's.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Arcus1

Round 1 - Aqualad

Round 2 - DA Unalaq.

Would be a challenge though as AL's stats are superior to Unalaq's.

How do you think Unalaq will get around Aqualad's stats?

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight.

Round 1 - Leaning toward Aqualad

Round 2 - DA Unalaq

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. Round 1 goes to Aqualad IMO. Unalaq is a better water manipulator, but unfortunately for him his primary method of mobility is a waterspout and Aqualad has powerful bioelectricity. Unalaq could take the edge round 2 due to his absurdly higher power, although the bullets and lasers of the Manta armor could make it difficult.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Marishtar

@arcus1:

R1: Aqualad, i don't see any chance for Unalaq.

R2: Now it gets interessting, Unalaq has a chance now. But i still go with Aqualad, the Manta armor and lasers are probably too troublesome for Unalaq. Aqualad after a pretty good fight.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaldur stomps both rounds.