Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheThe

5mn  prep.

Battle in London.
Morals On.

Ps : If one team feel insecure,they can call another superhero as "renforcement" between those 2 : John Constantine for Team 1 and Northstar for team 2.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Rumble Man

@TheThe: Middy and Apollo are manly gays, thus they will beat the sissy gays anytime of the week. Though in the 2nd batch only constantine presents a threat.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheThe

But being "sissy" doesnt presume of their abilities. A sissy/girly man can perfectly beat a manly man. And i dont think Wiccan and Hulkling are sissies. Maybe twinks, but, not sissies.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rumble Man

@TheThe: Compared to Apo and Midnite yes they are, WS apollo sterilized the moon and middy is capable of fighting millions of foes at once

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Midnighter does to Wiccan exactly what he did to Habib, crushes his larynx before he gets a word out, then Apollo burns Hulkling to ash while he stands there in shock.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Saren

I don't think Wiccan is going to be much of an issue since he usually needs to say what he wants over and over again several times before it happens from what I've seen. He's no Zatanna. Midnighter could toss a shuriken in his throat and then leave Hulkling to die at Apollo's hands.

Real question is, would Apollo and Midnighter be willing to kill foes who are barely more than children? Midnighter definitely has some reservations about stuff like that.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Buckshot said:

Midnighter does to Wiccan exactly what he did to Habib, crushes his larynx before he gets a word out, then Apollo burns Hulkling to ash while he stands there in shock.

Yeah.....this.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Remi

What would Constantine do? LOL.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

@Remi said:

Irritate Apollo and Midnighter to the point where they set aside their morals and slaughter Wiccan and Hulkling.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Remi

@CitizenBane said:

@Remi said:

Irritate Apollo and Midnighter to the point where they set aside their morals and slaughter Wiccan and Hulkling.

Guess that would answer your question then^^

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayfournines

Midnighter solos

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheThe

@Remi said:

Walking around and looking good, being a turn on for Apollo and a distraction for Midnigher ;)

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By agent9149

twinks vs muscle O.O this battle is so much win

i'm going with Midnighter and Apollo

altought wiccan and hulking have potential to defeat them, however they're still learning and are not yet strong enough to take out these two juggernauts who have been in the business for a very long time

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By charlieboy

apollo and midnighter ftw. wiccan is powerful but not fast enough to handle the two. 

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CitizenBane: I got carried away with Apollo torching Hulking, but I didn't really think they'd kill the kids. Midnighter didn't kill Habib when he punched him in the throat and Apollo could hold back enough to knock Hulkling out but not kill him. Or Midnighter could solo with two fingers. One for Wiccan's throat and one for Hulkling's forehead.

I was only going to post the second picture but I just like the look of these images together.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blacharrt1

with 5min prep, Wiccan can solo, it doesn't take him 5 mins to cast a spell. he can put magically protection on both himself and hulking. For instance blanketing the area in complete darkness would make apollo completely ineffective, also Wiccan should be able to BFR them to a different place or dimension. I don't think they have the use of doors, it doesn't say. If they do then BFR isn't possible. They would have to come up with another way to win. No having any information on the two people, i am not sure that midnighter would be able to accurately predict what their moves will be. But even adequate time to figure that out, team 2 wouldn't be able to stop him. But this does present a window of opportunity for them to KO him. If both constantine and northstar were added. Constantine could be taken out quickly, because he sets up to do his mambo jambo. Northstar could keep apollo entertained. Midnighter could easily take out Northstar.

I could see Northstar, Apollo, and Midnighter in a 3way.

Overall this match is full of possibilities, good fight.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Blacharrt1 said:

with 5min prep, Wiccan can solo, it doesn't take him 5 mins to cast a spell. he can put magically protection on both himself and hulking. For instance blanketing the area in complete darkness would make apollo completely ineffective, also Wiccan should be able to BFR them to a different place or dimension. I don't think they have the use of doors, it doesn't say. If they do then BFR isn't possible. They would have to come up with another way to win. No having any information on the two people, i am not sure that midnighter would be able to accurately predict what their moves will be. But even adequate time to figure that out, team 2 wouldn't be able to stop him. But this does present a window of opportunity for them to KO him. If both constantine and northstar were added. Constantine could be taken out quickly, because he sets up to do his mambo jambo. Northstar could keep apollo entertained. Midnighter could easily take out Northstar.

I actually like your response. Doesn't mean I have nothing to say about it, but I like it.

I didn't realize there was prep. It's probably good because it gives the kids a chance. With prep though, Apollo is going to be soaking up rays between two megasuns or something and Midnighter...probably won't do anything different (and if he did, watch out, cuz his idea of prep is dropping space ships or an entire universe's set of heroes on people). An area of darkness isn't going to take down Apollo. He loses his charge at a good clip, but not at such a rate that he'd be taken down by darkness even if he hadn't amped himself up. BFR won't phase these two because Doors are standard for them. Wiccan may be able to put up shields or something defensive, but at the start of the fight the two of them would likely still get blitzed.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Emperorb777

Couldn't Midnighter and Apollo just door team 2 to the sun?

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blacharrt1

@Buckshot said:

@Blacharrt1 said:

I actually like your response. Doesn't mean I have nothing to say about it, but I like it.

I didn't realize there was prep. It's probably good because it gives the kids a chance. With prep though, Apollo is going to be soaking up rays between two megasuns or something and Midnighter...probably won't do anything different (and if he did, watch out, cuz his idea of prep is dropping space ships or an entire universe's set of heroes on people). An area of darkness isn't going to take down Apollo. He loses his charge at a good clip, but not at such a rate that he'd be taken down by darkness even if he hadn't amped himself up. BFR won't phase these two because Doors are standard for them. Wiccan may be able to put up shields or something defensive, but at the start of the fight the two of them would likely still get blitzed.

How long does it take Apollo to charge up? If I'm not mistaken it takes 7 or 8 minutes to even fly to a sun, so I'm guessing he will use a door and calculate the closest suns to teleport to, then open a door and go there. Doesn't seem to me like he can actually absorb that much energy for the sun in the 5 minute limit plus the time it would take him to actually reach a sun. 3 minutes at best. And since this is probably New 52 Apollo, then he can't really hold a charge that long. And if Wiccan blankets the entire area into darkness any use of his powers would just cause him to drain faster.

If Wiccan is able to cast a protection spell on them, Shield or Speed buff, then this would prevent a blitz. Also If Wiccan buffs Hulking and himself to be able to see through the Magical Darkness, then they will have the upper hand in the fight. Midnighter does have low level telepathy, as to that range and what that would mean in this fight i don't know.

As far as doors coming standard, if it's pre flashpoint, then yeah it comes standard, but can the doors be affected by a magical block. For example if it was set to say Cyttorak or Limbo or Hel, etc, dimensions?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saren

@Blacharrt1 said:

@Buckshot said:

@Blacharrt1 said:

How long does it take Apollo to charge up? If I'm not mistaken it takes 7 or 8 minutes to even fly to a sun, so I'm guessing he will use a door and calculate the closest suns to teleport to, then open a door and go there. Doesn't seem to me like he can actually absorb that much energy for the sun in the 5 minute limit plus the time it would take him to actually reach a sun. 3 minutes at best. And since this is probably New 52 Apollo, then he can't really hold a charge that long. And if Wiccan blankets the entire area into darkness any use of his powers would just cause him to drain faster.

If Wiccan is able to cast a protection spell on them, Shield or Speed buff, then this would prevent a blitz. Also If Wiccan buffs Hulking and himself to be able to see through the Magical Darkness, then they will have the upper hand in the fight. Midnighter does have low level telepathy, as to that range and what that would mean in this fight i don't know.

As far as doors coming standard, if it's pre flashpoint, then yeah it comes standard, but can the doors be affected by a magical block. For example if it was set to say Cyttorak or Limbo or Hel, etc, dimensions?

He can reach the sun in roughly 2 seconds via doors. He did it twice against the rogue Doctor and against Captain Atom. I don't know why you think this is N52 Apollo when this thread was created before the reboot. Midnighter does not have telepathy.

How would the doors be affected by a magical block? They are controlled by the Carrier, to change their location you'd have to affect the Carrier itself, and Wiccan and Hulkling aren't even aware of the Carrier's existence.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Blacharrt1: It takes Apollo a couple hours to charge up fully from nothing, but he can be operational in 20 seconds of sunlight (and "operational" is enough for him to demolish multiple motherships at once). But since he'd be starting the fight at a full charge and not empty, and since he could Door himself to the heart of a sun (with nothing between him and the energy he needs like would be the case on Earth) he'd easily be more powerful than necessary in this fight. Apollo loses his power fastest when he's blasting, but he wouldn't need to here. And I think people get carried away with ideas of how fast he loses energy. He was able to sterilize the moon with his heat vision and wasn't noticeably weakened by the effort, and that was after a good battle with alien invaders. I think he has far more staying power than people assume. The image posted suggests its Wildstorm Apollo in his prime, not a weakened or 52 version.

I don't think a shield would help unless it's of significant durability so I'd need some sort of reference to know he could do that. He might make a shield but how do you know it's strong enough? Is it based on what he thinks? How does he know how strong to make it? Or is it just some default level of durability that won't stand up to someone that can knock over mountains? Same for speed really. How fast can he make them? Midnighter has killed every speedster he's come across.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blacharrt1

@Buckshot: I don't think this is the n52 versions of apollo or midnighter. I think the fight would be different if it were.

the shield spell one just one of serial possible that he could do defensively. I honestly can't recall him using a shield spell, but it's definitely not out of his ability to be able to create one. Like most magic i would imagine the strength of the shield would reflect his will power. Given the discussion and showing of Wiccan in Children's Crusade, he has potential to be on scarlet witch's power output level, remember he downed the entire Avengers team and their opponents with one blast out of frustration. I honestly don't know what he would do to prep for these two, but there are a number of spells he should be able to use to avoid beings seen or detected by them.

I could see Hulking fighting Apollo more so than Wiccan. How resistant is Midnighter to Magic? The Only way i can think that Wiccan could beat Midnighter his by buffing himself with several spells, and catching him completely off guard or bfr, to a place he can't just door out of.

Also i agree with access to doors, Apollo could soak a lot faster. I have no idea what soaking up more sun does to Apollo, and how that changes his stats.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Blacharrt1: I think I like you. Good job.

I wouldn't question something like a shield if it were just Midnighter he were fighting, since, though Midnighter manages to hit outside of his weight class, he's still on the sort of level Hulking and Wiccan would deal with. But since Apollo is involved and his feats have him knocking over sky scrapers, throwing space ships, and getting into slugfests with people strong enough to literally punch someone around the world or into orbit, I feel there needs to be something solid to base Wiccan's shields on. If we go on the willpower idea, how do we know Wiccan's willpower can match something like Apollo's strength? Even if it's capable of being as strong as his willpower will support, how strong would he choose to make it? I mean, his willpower may be the source of its strength, but he still needs to choose what he's going to do. If he puts up several spells, could he sustain them against the sort of onslaught Apollo alone could unleash? Apollo can do damage on a planetary scale if he wants to.

Don't get me wrong, I think with prep the kids do have a chance since Wiccan's powers allow him to do quite a bit (I haven't read Young Avengers in a while and I don't recall Children's Crusade clearly, but there might be things to suggest limits in there that I'm not recalling) but for Wiccan to face Apollo, he'd need to be functioning at a level I don't recall seeing.

And Midnighter isn't more or less susceptible to magic than anyone else. I don't think there's anywhere that Midnighter and Apollo couldn't Door out of. Apollo charged up emits light and heat on a ridiculous scale. At one point he was incinerating dozens of superpowered enemies just by standing in the middle of them and simply letting his halo shine. I don't know if he really has quantifiable strength feats from after a charge. I generally judge his strength by his uncharged levels, so stuff I mentioned before is him without any extra charge (to my knowledge anyway).