User Lists: 0

Hulk.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The Hulk should be able to defeat Apollo... could be a good fight.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It is Apollo from the Authority.

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apollo could win if he used his powers effectively.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herecomestheboom_headshot said:

How so?

It's a broad statement, nothing practical. I don't know enough of Apollo to value his abilities. I figure he'd pull a Superman Lobotomizing Beam through the pupils. *shrugs*

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman wins

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

How so?

It's a broad statement, nothing practical. I don't know enough of Apollo to value his abilities. I figure he'd pull a Superman Lobotomizing Beam through the pupils. *shrugs*

Yeah..Hulk is too durable for that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Hulk.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13 TDK_1997  Online

Hulk.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Hulk wins

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulk.

If we were using Wildstorm versions, I'd actually go for Apollo. Current version loses on principle...............

Avatar image for adamthesubmariner
AdamtheSubmariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Apollo maybe blind then BFR?

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk smash

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@citizenbane said:

Hulk.

If we were using Wildstorm versions, I'd actually go for Apollo. Current version loses on principle...............

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laflux

@pierpat: A fellow hater of New-52 Storm-watch. Welcome to the club :P

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pierpat

@laflux said:

@pierpat: A fellow hater of New-52 Storm-watch. Welcome to the club :P

A fellow hater of nearly ALL new-52.

Storm-watch is, after the teen titans, the team i miss most thou.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#21 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@thundergodswrath said:

How so?

Yeah..Hulk is too durable for that.

Durability has nothing to do with it if that's the tactic he's using.

And I say Apollo to liven things up a bit. Despite throwing space stations, destroying continent sized space ships, toppling structures visible from space, and beating the thought process out of Captain Atom, Apollo's strength isn't likely to end this fight with any speed. And while he's got the durability to survive focused hiroshima-level attacks and punches around the world, his staying power is his weak spot. So, after realizing his strength isn't sufficient to end this fight quickly, he takes it to the sun and wrecks house. And if that somehow fails, Apollo could just...leave him in space.

No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: I livened things up before you did :P

New-52 Apollo is featless though, but yeah Wildstorm Apollo is boss.

momo111191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APOLLO bfr

Avatar image for war_hulk_kills_sentry2
War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk curbstomp

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By comic_book_fan

hulk wins

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lobo has beaten the whole athority team and hulk is stronger than him and even though i wouldn't say hulk could beat the hole team i think he could take down apollo solo.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

lobo has beaten the whole athority team and hulk is stronger than him and even though i wouldn't say hulk could beat the hole team i think he could take down apollo solo.

In that comic, Lobo rolled up a city, crushed it into a marble weighing trillions(?) of tons, and then ate it. Hulk doesn't one-up that kind of comedy feat. He also doesn't take Apollo if he's fallen through a Door and finds himself stuck at the end of time. But at least you managed more than "Hulk wins" so half a point to you.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: I am not convinced Apollo would be able to get Hulk into space and to the Sun especially in the midst of a slugfest with Big Green... sure Apollo is faster... but fast guys from Black Adam to Superman to Majestic can and have been tagged by slower opposition... and considering this is a time when Hulk is more likely the stronger character here... I can see Hulk pancaking Apollo...

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never liked the Hulk, but he better hope he wins this. Otherwise, he might get violated..Ewwww.......

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot: I am not convinced Apollo would be able to get Hulk into space and to the Sun especially in the midst of a slugfest with Big Green... sure Apollo is faster... but fast guys from Black Adam to Superman to Majestic can and have been tagged by slower opposition... and considering this is a time when Hulk is more likely the stronger character here... I can see Hulk pancaking Apollo...

I assume Hulk is stronger because at some point after he came back from Sakaar he just started being ridiculous and I assume he can do whatever he wants now. Thankfully though, he's not ending this fight before it starts. As I said, Apollo has actually been punched around the world and has gotten up after the equivalent of like a dozen nukes directly to the head. Plenty of people without that kind of durability have survived Hulk's hits so Apollo isn't going to get stopped just because he gets tagged. Apollo grabbing up Hulk and taking him to the sun wouldn't be difficult and there are multiple ways for him to do it. He could grab him and fly, he could punch him out of orbit and let inertia get him the rest of the way, he could fly or toss him through a Door, or he could just open a Door under him. Apollo can get Hulk to the sun, and there, Apollo will only get stronger as Hulk has to deal with that environment. I'm not sure how weak you think Apollo is that Hulk is going to beat pancake him without a fight.

I have never liked the Hulk, but he better hope he wins this. Otherwise, he might get violated..Ewwww.......

Being gay doesn't make him a rapist...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: Grabbing Hulk and Flying would not work... first of all Apollo is not big enough to grapple Hulk where Big Green could not move while he was being grabbed... Hulk's Arm's should be able to break free of Apollo's grip which in turn would make it hard for Apollo to grab him and just fly. Now the Doors are an interesting tactic... but I don't see Apollo even using them at first... also, Hulk has other ways of incapacitating Apollo other than just strikes... as huge as Hulk's hands are... he could probably grab Apollo and just squeeze his head until he falls out...

Well no one said Apollo would not go out easily... but I don't think he would win unless he used the doors off top in the fight... Apollo is too small to just grab Hulk and take him into outer space... and in a slugfest, Hulk's bigger mass and strength would be key here unless Apollo uses the Doors or can utilize his speed more.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@king_saturn: So, despite being smaller than her opponent (and likely much weaker than Apollo), Ms Marvel can do this, but Apollo can't?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yeah, I don't buy it. Apollo's size doesn't seem like a reason he couldn't take him to space. I mentioned it before, Apollo has thrown space stations, destroyed ships larger than continents, and taken down constructs that were visible from space. Something being bigger than him doesn't mean he can't handle it. Hulk being able to move doesn't mean he'd be able to disengage from Apollo. Hulk is far more likely to punch Apollo while they fly than try to disengage anyway, and disengaging won't even be an option if Apollo decides to throw him instead of carry him.

As for Apollo's use of Doors, he doesn't need to use them first, or right off the top, in order to win. It's not like Hulk is simply going to beat him without a fight. Given that Apollo has used this tactic multiple times before, I think he's likely to here, and I think he's definitely going to survive long enough to. I think it's laughable that you think Hulk will just squeeze him to death. I mean, you really think Apollo is just going to sit there and let it happen? If Hulk is trying to squeeze him, what stops Apollo from hitting him then? What stops Apollo from simply radiating the heat of the sun (something he's done before, when swarmed by enough super villains for the planet to recognize it as an extinction level event, that simply turned all his attackers into ash) at that point? What stops Apollo from simply flying up while Hulk holds on? Hulk trying to squeeze Apollo to death is probably the dumbest thing he could do, and you're bringing up his size as if it's some sort of perfect offense and defense.

Apollo can easily weather Hulk's attacks while he gets him to space (if he chooses to do it the long way instead of simply Dooring him there like he's done in other fights) and then murder him in the sun.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: Carol doing that was complete PIS... I mean seriously look at the Hulk Skrull's arms... they are completely free to swat Carol and just drop... the reach is there... and his arms are in no ways incapacitated to move... this is strictly for entertainment that actual practical showings of combat and fighting.

Well it is a reason... because unless you grapple the Hulk where he can't move his arms... he can simply reach over and grab Apollo by the head and squeeze until he drops or swat him away. That crap Carol pulled off is totally off base because you can't just hold Hulk like that and he not be able to swat back... now throwing the Hulk is an option... but how far could he throw Hulk ? And who is to say Hulk could not just come back and grab him depending on the distance thrown ?

What the heck is Apollo gonna do if Hulk wraps his Hands around his head and applies the pressure ? This is the same Hulk who smashed an asteroid that was twice the size of Earth into pieces... if Hulk applies the pressure to Apollo's head... he should be able to easily have him fall out... I mean Apollo won't be able to strike him at this point because his head will be muffled and his arms are not long enough to attack unless Hulk's closes in the grapple. Apollo may not be able to fly up if Hulk is crushing his head... he may not have the power to do so... that's the point of a choke or vice grip... to weaken the opponent's base so he can't move around like he usually would.

The only way Apollo gets Hulk into Space is if he uses the Doors... he wont be able to fly him up there because he is too small to bind him up while flying him there...

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And this is the reason Buckshot is my most respected mod. Nicely constructed argument, dude.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#39 god_spawn  Moderator
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@king_saturn: I'm having a bout of "oh my god" because I really can't believe this is your argument. You're better than this KS. I just...I can't even... Even blindly accepting your ridiculous stance and saying Apollo can't carry or throw Hulk into space, he can still simply Door him there, something he's done to enemies more than once. Game over. And I'm still in shock that this is even a discussion.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apollo gets less respect than the Hulk here. Shocking.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot:What do you mean, my good man ? You don't think it's plausible that if Apollo tried to grab Hulk and carry him that there would be serious complications considering Apollo's body is not large enough to bind up Hulk's arms so he could be disabled from attacking ? I already gave you that Apollo could use the Doors... but like I said, that would not be Apollo's initial attack... ( I thought you agreed with that to some extent ) and if Hulk utilizes grappling, Apollo would have serious issues escaping... I mean Apollo would not be able to just fly out of it because of Hulk's leverage against Apollo's body and flight power as well as Apollo's strength would be dwindling down because of the force Hulk applies with the Grip... also if Apollo attempts to strike his way out that could be a problem if Apollo is not near Hulk's interior to do so. I gave you that Apollo could throw Hulk... I merely asked, how do you know he could easily throw him into Space ? Apollo's strong yeah... but that's a good distance to toss a half ton - full ton object still... and he's not quite Superman level strength.

It's a discussion because you asked for more in depth answers... I gave you why I think Hulk can win here.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

@comic_book_fan said:

In that comic, Lobo rolled up a city, crushed it into a marble weighing trillions(?) of tons, and then ate it. Hulk doesn't one-up that kind of comedy feat. He also doesn't take Apollo if he's fallen through a Door and finds himself stuck at the end of time. But at least you managed more than "Hulk wins" so half a point to you.

IIRC, that wasn't an actual feat (eating the city.) It was a story Jenny was telling in the Authority.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@80sbaby said:

@buckshot said:

@comic_book_fan said:

IIRC, that wasn't an actual feat (eating the city.) It was a story Jenny was telling in the Authority.

It wasn't. It actually happened and Lobo referenced those events later in 52 under the same writer's (Giffen's) pen.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot:What do you mean, my good man ? You don't think it's plausible that if Apollo tried to grab Hulk and carry him that there would be serious complications considering Apollo's body is not large enough to bind up Hulk's arms so he could be disabled from attacking ? I already gave you that Apollo could use the Doors... but like I said, that would not be Apollo's initial attack... ( I thought you agreed with that to some extent ) and if Hulk utilizes grappling, Apollo would have serious issues escaping... I mean Apollo would not be able to just fly out of it because of Hulk's leverage against Apollo's body and flight power as well as Apollo's strength would be dwindling down because of the force Hulk applies with the Grip... also if Apollo attempts to strike his way out that could be a problem if Apollo is not near Hulk's interior to do so. I gave you that Apollo could throw Hulk... I merely asked, how do you know he could easily throw him into Space ? Apollo's strong yeah... but that's a good distance to toss a half ton - full ton object still... and he's not quite Superman level strength.

It's a discussion because you asked for more in depth answers... I gave you why I think Hulk can win here.

Lol, you "gave" me that Apollo could Door Hulk? You're so generous... Apollo Doors Hulk, Hulk loses. It doesn't need to be Apollo's first move because Hulk isn't going to instantly kill Apollo. Apollo doesn't need to be Superman strong to throw Hulk into space. And throwing Hulk into space is unnecessary because Apollo already won by Dooring Hulk into the sun. If Hulk grapples Apollo, if he locks his body in combat with Apollo, Apollo only needs to fly, no, walk, through a Door and then they're both in the sun. Apollo doesn't need to fly out of Hulk's grasp, he can just carry him to the sun. Apollo, Door, Hulk, sun. Done.

But Hulk is too big!!!!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot:Yes, I mean I gave you the point that Apollo could beat Hulk using the Doors... but the issue with that was Apollo would not do it initially. Now Hulk would not instantly kill Apollo... but a tactic he could use could lead to Apollo's fall... the grappling of Apollo's upper extremities would make it hard for him to do much of anything... considering the size of Hulk's hands and his Strength... it would be like applying a massive vice grip to Apollo's upper body... Apollo maybe able to withstand attacks from powerhouses... but from Big Green crushing his upper body, I don't know if he escapes it... and it would be hard to hit Hulk in that position because if he is being crushed... he is being weakened so he won't be able to throw offense with full power at this point... so it's like I said before, I think Hulk can get Apollo before he even thinks to use the door. Assuming a few things... but it's a hypothetical battle so I guess we can be allotted something here. I still don't think Apollo can physically carry Hulk to the Sun though... I mean physically he is strong enough to pick up The Hulk... but that's not the issue here... the issue is Hulk's attack when Apollo tries to grapple him... once he tried to carry him, too much Hulk's body will be free to attack him. That's the problem.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@80sbaby said:

@buckshot said:

@comic_book_fan said:

It wasn't. It actually happened and Lobo referenced those events later in 52 under the same writer's (Giffen's) pen.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

With no doors Hulk wins

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Apollo couldn't hope to overpower Hulk in a physical confrontation. His best bet would be to bring the fight near the sun, or use a door to disembody Hulk.