#152  Edited By Kingant27
Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@saren said:

Apollo opens a door and throws Blue Marvel into the Sun. Blue Marvel gets roasted to a crisp. He has no possible defense to that.

Come on, this is a fight between two powerhouses. I seriously doubt that the OP wanted it to result in a cheap BFR, and I doubt that's how any author would design the battle.

Otherwise, what's the point of putting 100 tonners against each other if not to watch them brawl?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@solar_powered: The fact that it's not the most entertaining outcome isn't an argument.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren I was just reading through the comments on this thread and I noticed how you talked about how karma auto-banned some guy. Just wondering, but is there a way to check your karma?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Users can't check it, but if you ask a mod they can tell you how high it is.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@saren: Just out of interest, what's mine? Should I PM you?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Yours is currently 0. It increases by 1 point every time you flag someone or someone flags you, and it decreases by one point every 24 hours.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By myerlanski

@saren: so what is someone or people just doesn't like you and have a personal vendetta against you or even worse...your opinions...

Just intentionally kept flagging you until a person got locked out of the cite...

Would you mods be able to pick up on unacceptable behavior like that....

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: so what is someone or people just doesn't like you and have a personal vendetta against you or even worse...your opinions...

Just intentionally kept flagging you until a person got locked out of the cite...

Would you mods be able to pick up on unacceptable behavior like that....

We can tell when something like that happens. Since your karma increases every time you flag someone, if you flag someone too many times, you will get locked out of the site as well.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Lol still get plenty of jollies reading the rustled jimmies and heated arguments this thread caused. Over two of the most unlikely characters.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@saren said:

@kingant27: You're literally just repeating your earlier statements word-for-word and pretending that's an argument. If you're not going to debate properly, tell me so that I don't waste my time.

Because I can post again I will give you my opinion about the use of the Doors (without scans, maybe later) :

*The members of the Authority can communicate, through the use of an implant which confer some "mechanical telepathy", with the Carrier : This allow them to ask for a Door.
So that's not a built-in power of the Authority.
Nor a power-source of the powers of Apollo who's been designed by Henry Bendix.

The Carrier is considered as a member of the Authority even he has the shape of a ship.
Allowing this is like allowing, in a fight between Wolverine and Batman for exemple, the X-Men Danger (a sentinent robotic being, with the shape of an android) to throw lasers from space.

I will not repeat my opinion about the doors, nor the Sun. I guess that you've got it before.

I disagree with something that you said about the Juggernaut, Witchblade : it's not the same case, being an avatar of Cyttorak and having a symbiotic weapon is basically the same than being endowed py the power of Gamma Radiations.

I agree with the arguments of Kingant27, of course.
IMO he did well. :)

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel gets one-shotted.I havent seen 1 arguement for BM that makes sense.Its all ABC logIc and should be taken wIth wIth a graIn of sh!t.I was drInkIng brews whIle readIng Saren gIve out the worst a$$ whoopIng sInce CraIg spanked Dee Bo.Saren,I have a Man Crush on you!!Lmao

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

After reading the Authority I found Apollo to be a lot less powerful than I ever thought he was

Not only does his energy deplete fast, but his feats in general aren't terribly impressive

I don't know much about BM, but his fight with Hyperion tells me he gives Apollo a hell of a fight and might even come out on top.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know, thor has been fighting inside the sun in the past, but i wonder if he would survive that nowdays..... there are many writers, who view the sun as an insanely high source of damage...... tom tailor had superman fly mogo and ganthet into the sun in the injustice comic and killing them by doing that........ what if tom tailor wrote a thor comic, where thor ended up in the sun? brian michael bendis had the sentry burning down to a skeleton in the dark avengers comic....... what if brian michael bendis wrote a blue marvel comic, where blue marvel ended up in the sun?

i would say that both saren and realitywarper have an argument..... maybe blue marvel would burn inside the sun...... maybe he wouldn't..... the problem with this debate was that the sun became everything, instead of simply putting it aside and taking all the other possible outcomes..... what if doors were disable? would the argument have been that apollo would have tried everything to fly blue marvel to the sun? what if bfr was disabled entirely? trying to end board battles with quick bfr always ends the fun prematurely, especailly because comic book battles rarely end like that......

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This again?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Obvious candidate for "Thread of The Year", IMO.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: that's one way of putting it.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still blue marvel for me....

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apollo stomped Cpt. Atom if I'm not wrong, using ABC logic, he can destroy Blue Marvel.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame said:

you know, thor has been fighting inside the sun in the past, but i wonder if he would survive that nowdays..... there are many writers, who view the sun as an insanely high source of damage...... tom tailor had superman fly mogo and ganthet into the sun in the injustice comic and killing them by doing that........ what if tom tailor wrote a thor comic, where thor ended up in the sun? brian michael bendis had the sentry burning down to a skeleton in the dark avengers comic....... what if brian michael bendis wrote a blue marvel comic, where blue marvel ended up in the sun?

i would say that both saren and realitywarper have an argument..... maybe blue marvel would burn inside the sun...... maybe he wouldn't..... the problem with this debate was that the sun became everything, instead of simply putting it aside and taking all the other possible outcomes..... what if doors were disable? would the argument have been that apollo would have tried everything to fly blue marvel to the sun? what if bfr was disabled entirely? trying to end board battles with quick bfr always ends the fun prematurely, especailly because comic book battles rarely end like that......

1 ) According to Kevin Grievoux :

"As long as I'm writing the character, he won't be so strong that he makes other characters look foolish. He is just in the same league as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, Orion, J'onn J'onzz, etc. He's NOT above them."

Interview with his creator Kevin Grevioux

2 ) Blue Marvel survived an H-bomb exploding in his hands (poitn-blank range) : in comic-books it's a big sign of durability, characters who survives this aren't affected by the Sun.

3 ) Apollo is nowhere Superman-level, he is below by a huge margin and deplete his energy very fast. Proof that he has to stay in permanence on the Sun to keep his reserves at full capability before the fights.

3) The doors don't work the way that Saren described here : even when they are moving on earthbound characters they are too slow to avoid being teleported, it was used on fodder this way and because it's a door you can use it the two ways : Blue Marvel flies and his probably faster than Apollo.

4) Apollo never beat Cap Atom as I showed above. Cap was surprised by the ruthless attitude of Apollo and tricked him : he stopped to fight and let Apollo carry him to the Sun so he could accelerate / catalyze the energy storage of Apollo so he gets overloaded.

5) Blue Marvel is a far better fighter than Apollo and Captain Atom. He was a soldier and is older than he looks like (as old as Cap America as I remember). Saren constantly avoided my question : How Apollo is supposed to beat Blue Marvel before throwing him through a door ? The reponse is that Apollo will get stomped. BM killed King-Hyperion. Apollo has no feats at this level.

6) BM has a lot of options that Apollo hasn't : Forcefields, matter & antimatter manipulation, antimatter enhanced strikes, etc... I said it above.

The less generous outcome of this fight is that Apollo get quickly stomped by Blue Marvel.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Apollo opens a door and throws Blue Marvel into the Sun. Blue Marvel gets roasted to a crisp. He has no possible defense to that.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By RealityWarper

bummmmmmmmp

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Is pleased with the demise of the pretender to his name
Is pleased with the demise of the pretender to his name

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue marvel should win here and i back RW all the way at least he knows what hes talking about xD

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Blue Marvel.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@highaccuser said:
@highaccuser said:

This again?

Yes.

You should think of all the jimmies that were rustled here because of you.

Those jimmies are on your hand.

The jimmies are haunting me.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still a live. lol

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slade_wilson said:

After reading the Authority I found Apollo to be a lot less powerful than I ever thought he was

Not only does his energy deplete fast, but his feats in general aren't terribly impressive

I don't know much about BM, but his fight with Hyperion tells me he gives Apollo a hell of a fight and might even come out on top.

I'm in the same boat, except I know somewhat more about Blue Marvel.