Apollo Creed vs Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fragneto

This is a cage match. 12 rounds: Who takes it?

No Caption Provided

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ssejllenrad

The Welterweight gets killed. No experienced welterweight would win against a champion heavyweight. Moreso if that heavyweight is a fictional character.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OptimusPalm
@ssejllenrad said:
The Welterweight gets killed. No experienced welterweight would win against a champion heavyweight. Moreso if that heavyweight is a fictional character.

Couldnt have said it better myself.
Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Transmetal

Apollo FTW!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Mismatch. 

Mayweather is Welterweight and Apollo is Heavyweight. Mayweather dies.

I can name several heavyweights that could take Apollo, but this is utter mis-match.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of Apollo's skill level, think of the durability of rocky fighters. 

They take full-on haymakers RIGHT to the chin. Like, dozens of them. 

Nobody has that kind of durability in real life, so the fiction, more than the skill, gives this to Apollo in a stomp.
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fragneto
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
Regardless of Apollo's skill level, think of the durability of rocky fighters.  They take full-on haymakers RIGHT to the chin. Like, dozens of them.  Nobody has that kind of durability in real life, so the fiction, more than the skill, gives this to Apollo in a stomp.

Yea, that's why he died fighting the Russian. But the Russian's punches were calculated over 1800 pounds of pressure.
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivan was a special case, and pointed out as such in rocky-verse. 

Even the first two fights with Rocky would have killed a regular human, either side of that fight. 

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it all depends on whether there are any apology hugs?

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@ssejllenrad said:
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Apollo takes a round of being punched by a man hitting 3 times harder than any other heavyweight on Earth ( Drago rocky 4). Plus he fights Rocky for like 14 rounds. No Welterweight is going a round against Drago or 14 rounds against the italian stallion. The durabilty feats in the Rocky movies are insane.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theicon
@lazystudent: agreed apollo beats mayweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fragneto: The only way to make it fair is to put them at the same weight level. That'd be interesting, and I'd possibly go for Jr.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssejllenrad
@comicdude23 said:

@Fragneto: The only way to make it fair is to put them at the same weight level. That'd be interesting, and I'd possibly go for Jr.

But how would that be logically made?  Jr gains strength and losses some speed? If so then how much? Or would apollo gains speed and looses power? Again by how much?
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By cascadeking09

People making all these boxing threads need to learn what weight classes are for. I think Floyd would be lucky to even make 160 lbs and Apollo would be lucky to make 175.

@ssejllenrad said:

@comicdude23 said:

But how would that be logically made? Jr gains strength and losses some speed? If so then how much? Or would apollo gains speed and looses power? Again by how much?

@comicdude23 said:

The weight difference is too great. It would be like De La Hoya vs Pacquiao. We've seen what happens when someone doesn't rehydrate on time. It's a lot easier to gain weight and maintain what you have than it is to drop weight.

Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Transmetal

Apollo wins with a round 5 KO

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Apollo Creed wins easy against Floyd Mayweather Jr. Apollo was the Heavyweight Champion of the World... and I think he was Undefeated until Rocky 2 ( record was 45-0 at that point IIRC )... he had KO Power and Great Hand Speed. PLUS, He is a Fictional Character.
slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By slick23

Floyd wins through a sucker punch. Lol jk. Apollo Creed will slaughter Floyd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

People making all these boxing threads need to learn what weight classes are for. I think Floyd would be lucky to even make 160 lbs and Apollo would be lucky to make 175.

@ssejllenrad said:

@comicdude23 said:

But how would that be logically made? Jr gains strength and losses some speed? If so then how much? Or would apollo gains speed and looses power? Again by how much?

@comicdude23 said:

The weight difference is too great. It would be like De La Hoya vs Pacquiao. We've seen what happens when someone doesn't rehydrate on time. It's a lot easier to gain weight and maintain what you have than it is to drop weight.

It's called P4P, we compare skills.

@ssejllenrad said:

@comicdude23 said:

P4P. But yeah it needs to be stated. In fact it wouldn't make sense. I guess I meant Jr was the better boxer for his weight.

@Transmetal said:

Apollo wins with a round 5 KO

KO1.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: Well that's impossible, we haven't seen every one of Apollo's fights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09: We've seen Rocky and Rocky II.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: 2 fights vs 42. We can't tell things like any mistakes that he tends to make in the ring or anything like that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09: We would be able to tell the mistakes in Rocky II.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: Both fighters were leaving themselves wide open by the end of that fight, I don't think they would fight like that all the time.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d

@ssejllenrad said:

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimj87d

@comicdude23 said:

No... Apollo Creed is still taller than Floyd and has the reach advantage being about 5 inches taller than Floyd. Floyd is close to his maximum weight for optimum performance and so is creed. Unless if you have a shrink ray or something to make them proportionally the same size than Floyd would probably win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:

@comicdude23 said:

No... Apollo Creed is still taller than Floyd and has the reach advantage being about 5 inches taller than Floyd. Floyd is close to his maximum weight for optimum performance and so is creed. Unless if you have a shrink ray or something to make them proportionally the same size than Floyd would probably win.

.....I said on the other page I was wrong

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cascadeking09

@SlimJ87D said:

@comicdude23 said:

In boxing height really doesn't matter much though. Floyd has fought a few 6 footers with longer reach than him, like Diego Corrales and Phillip N'dou.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimj87d

@cascadeking09: Diego is 5'10.5" and Phillip N'dou I'm not sure.

It really depends on your fighting style. In this case Apollo Creed is suppose to be an outboxer, so his longer reach would help him out a lot when jabbing from affair.

Shorter reach helped Tyson have faster hooks that were very compact when he got in close.

So yes, height doesn't really matter unless your boxing style takes advantage of your height.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cascadeking09

@SlimJ87D: His boxrec says he's 5'10.5 his tale of tape says 6'0. N'dou is actually 5'11 and like 3 quarters.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09: Apollo was undefeated until Rocky II. His record before he died, IIRC, was 47-2.  
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cascadeking09

@Static Shock: I know, I'm not saying Floyd wins.

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fragneto

Ok, say that the 5th round starts. Both the fighters tap gloves, but Apollo smiles, turns around to flaunt his popularity cheers with his hands down and looks back at Mayweather jr. only to see him giving him the 1 2 hook to the face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fragneto said:

Ok, say that the 5th round starts. Both the fighters tap gloves, but Apollo smiles, turns around to flaunt his popularity cheers with his hands down and looks back at Mayweather jr. only to see him giving him the 1 2 hook to the face.

Yes of course it'll only take him 1-2 rounds to win.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By demifiend

apollo, period