Apollo and midnighter vs superman and batman.

• 55 results
YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By YoungThriller
No Caption Provided

Vs

No Caption Provided

Batman has prep,and midnighters pain receptors are turned on,and his battle computer is turned off.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Skaddix

So Basically Midnighter gets nerfed so Bruce has a chance. How much prep is Bruce Getting? Although really midnighter still has his short burst of super speed so he still kills Bruce.

Although honestly I think I want to wait on this until we get to September at least. So I have some idea of power levels.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By YoungThriller
@Skaddix said:
So Basically Midnighter gets nerfed so Bruce has a chance. How much prep is Bruce Getting? Although really midnighter still has his short burst of super speed so he still kills Bruce.  Although honestly I think I want to wait on this until we get to September at least. So I have some idea of power levels.
Bruce gets a days worth of prep,So we can stock his belt and have some Armour if he needs it.And why do you have to wait until September?
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThanosIsMad

DC's relaunch.  Apollo and Midnighter are going to get folded into the regular DCU.  Power levels may or may not be readjusted to suit their new universe.

Redbullet685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Redbullet685

I'm gonna say Bats and Superman win.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBatman586

Depending on how much prep he gets, Batman could solo.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@redbullet685 said:
I'm gonna say Bats and Superman win.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Superman and Batman were going to win anyway, I don't see the need to give Batman every possible advantage over Midnighter as well. Superman could take out Apollo and regular-strength-midnighter because Apollo doesn't measure up to him, most notably in speed and stamina, and after he's gone Midnighter would be easy to beat.

GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GLforHIRE

bats and supes due to apollo and midnighter seeing them and developing crushes lol all kidding aside, superman is better than apollo, and could pretty much solo this himself
Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Even if Mdnighters'  battle computer is turned off he can still take on Batman with his fighting abilities and can decapitate him. With his pain receptors turned on Midnighter can still "burst"at super speed to dodge around, so Batman better be darn well prep'ed at the fullest extent and think on his feet if he hopes to take him on. Bat's might have something to drain Apollo's powers or a battle suit but he might use door himself to the sun and recharge. Superman stomps both Apollo - who can't match up to Supermans' abilities, and Midnighter - who'll most likely get kicked to another country LOL.  

- S&B
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By difficlus
@Buckshot said:

Superman and Batman were going to win anyway, I don't see the need to give Batman every possible advantage over Midnighter as well. Superman could take out Apollo and regular-strength-midnighter because Apollo doesn't measure up to him, most notably in speed and stamina, and after he's gone Midnighter would be easy to beat.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By YoungThriller
@Nerd Of A Hero said:
Even if Mdnighters'  battle computer is turned off he can still take on Batman with his fighting abilities and can decapitate him. With his pain receptors turned on Midnighter can still "burst"at super speed to dodge around, so Batman better be darn well prep'ed at the fullest extent and think on his feet if he hopes to take him on. Bat's might have something to drain Apollo's powers or a battle suit but he might use door himself to the sun and recharge. Superman stomps both Apollo - who can't match up to Supermans' abilities, and Midnighter - who'll most likely get kicked to another country LOL.   - S&B
I thought apollo was a little bit stronger than the modern day supes?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@YoungThriller said:

@Nerd Of A Hero said:
Even if Mdnighters' battle computer is turned off he can still take on Batman with his fighting abilities and can decapitate him. With his pain receptors turned on Midnighter can still "burst"at super speed to dodge around, so Batman better be darn well prep'ed at the fullest extent and think on his feet if he hopes to take him on. Bat's might have something to drain Apollo's powers or a battle suit but he might use door himself to the sun and recharge. Superman stomps both Apollo - who can't match up to Supermans' abilities, and Midnighter - who'll most likely get kicked to another country LOL. - S&B

There's nothing to support that.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungThriller
@Buckshot said:

@YoungThriller said:

@Nerd Of A Hero said:
Even if Mdnighters' battle computer is turned off he can still take on Batman with his fighting abilities and can decapitate him. With his pain receptors turned on Midnighter can still "burst"at super speed to dodge around, so Batman better be darn well prep'ed at the fullest extent and think on his feet if he hopes to take him on. Bat's might have something to drain Apollo's powers or a battle suit but he might use door himself to the sun and recharge. Superman stomps both Apollo - who can't match up to Supermans' abilities, and Midnighter - who'll most likely get kicked to another country LOL. - S&B

There's nothing to support that.

I heard he was quoted to be a Majestic level superhero?Most of his durability feats match supermans.Such as walking on the sun and such.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@YoungThriller: He was called "Majestic-Class" but there is no explanation for that. It could be that he has the same basic power set or that he's in some range of strength that Majestic is at the top of or something like that. There's nothing saying what it means, and with no feats to match Majestic's there isn't much to go on. That's not to say he's not strong or durable or anything. People jump to the conclusion that he's always the weakest of any of the super types, but his strength and durability aren't the real reason he doesn't match up. He's not fast enough and doesn't last long enough unless he's charged up beforehand. When it comes to giving and taking hits, he's tossed around space stations, knocked over buildings bigger than mountains, taken a blast equal to 10 hiroshimas to the head continuously for maybe 20 seconds, and has some good feats of smashing through durable or massive things and slugging it out with powerful characters, he can also bounce back from even the most severe hits if he's still charged, but putting him on Majestic's level is a stretch. I think he could fight with Superman for a while, but he doesn't have the stamina to last and he's totally outmatched if Superman remembers to use his speed. As for him walking on the sun, sure he can do that and even fly to the center of the sun, but that's his power source.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By YoungThriller
@Buckshot said:

@YoungThriller: He was called "Majestic-Class" but there is no explanation for that. It could be that he has the same basic power set or that he's in some range of strength that Majestic is at the top of or something like that. There's nothing saying what it means, and with no feats to match Majestic's there isn't much to go on. That's not to say he's not strong or durable or anything. People jump to the conclusion that he's always the weakest of any of the super types, but his strength and durability aren't the real reason he doesn't match up. He's not fast enough and doesn't last long enough unless he's charged up beforehand. When it comes to giving and taking hits, he's tossed around space stations, knocked over buildings bigger than mountains, taken a blast equal to 10 hiroshimas to the head continuously for maybe 20 seconds, and has some good feats of smashing through durable or massive things and slugging it out with powerful characters, he can also bounce back from even the most severe hits if he's still charged, but putting him on Majestic's level is a stretch. I think he could fight with Superman for a while, but he doesn't have the stamina to last and he's totally outmatched if Superman remembers to use his speed. As for him walking on the sun, sure he can do that and even fly to the center of the sun, but that's his power source.

They also said that Apollo can fly around the world in 30 seconds,I consider that a good speed feat.
Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

So, Not-Midnighter and Apollo versus Superman and Plot-Device Batman.  How fair.   As Buckshot said, raw power-wise Superman will make the difference here (I assume a non-stacked match, because the conditions are absurd).  I think a good deal of this hinges on whether or not they're in character, which if we're debating "Superman" and "Apollo" and not "Powerset A" and "Powerset B" they should be.  I'd be very interested to see how Superman would deal with someone as ruthless and intelligent as Apollo.  I doubt he would go all out in time to stop Midnighter massacring Bruce, which would happen very quickly if he's allowed to, you know, use his powers.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By YoungThriller
@Alexander Anderson said:
So, Not-Midnighter and Apollo versus Superman and Plot-Device Batman.  How fair.   As Buckshot said, raw power-wise Superman will make the difference here (I assume a non-stacked match, because the conditions are absurd).  I think a good deal of this hinges on whether or not they're in character, which if we're debating "Superman" and "Apollo" and not "Powerset A" and "Powerset B" they should be.  I'd be very interested to see how Superman would deal with someone as ruthless and intelligent as Apollo.  I doubt he would go all out in time to stop Midnighter massacring Bruce, which would happen very quickly if he's allowed to, you know, use his powers.
Apollo without his pain receptors or his battle computer can still beat batman,it just gives batman more of a chance.Midnighter still has speed and strength over batman.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@YoungThriller said:

They also said that Apollo can fly around the world in 30 seconds,I consider that a good speed feat.

He got halfway around the world in 30 seconds. First, around the world in a minute isn't on Superman's level. Second, but more important, is that in terms of actual operational speed, Apollo is even further behind Superman. Think of it like this: Apollo functions at a little above normal speed and Superman can build a house in a couple seconds. I'm not saying Superman would use this speed, he rarely does unless he needs to keep up with a fast opponent, but if he did, he'd blow Apollo out of the water.

@YoungThriller: Midnighter could still win, but you gave Batman prep. You didn't specify how much prep and how much Batman knows, but even with only a little knowledge and a little time, he could do something like bring his Batmobile in and just blow Midnighter up from a safe distance.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Nerx
No Caption Provided
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21  Edited By Saren

Supes solos.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Guardiandevil83

The originals win. Especially under these circumstances. But either way this would be a fight I'd pay for!! Buckshot is right about Superman using his speed, he may start with a blitz but if Apollo is fully charged he could take it and get in a few shots, but after a while he'd Supes would push him to his limits and he'd eventually burn out..flying into the sun would only make supes follow him and he'd either get caught before he got there or they both become really fused and kill each other, or supes grows faster, decides to stop playing and blitz's him into the earth causing the biggest quake in history. Midnighter gives bruce a hell of a fight, but due to prep, bruce would know better then to drag the fight out with someone with enhanced physical stats. Beside's DC ain't letting Wade and James lose. lol

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jorgevy

Is this a fight or a best couple battle?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CitizenBane said:

Supes solos.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nerx

@Jorgevy: Who has better parenting skill?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jorgevy

@Nerx: Id say Supes and Bats, because Bats educated a bunch of robins but then again, one turned bad, and the others fight crime as a hobbie.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Saren

@Jorgevy said:

@Nerx: Id say Supes and Bats, because Bats educated a bunch of robins but then again, one turned bad, and the others fight crime as a hobbie.

Apollo and Midnighter raised the most powerful post-human in the galaxy, a girl who saved the Earth and several alternate Earths several times and sacrificed her life to save the universe. Better parenting.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jorgevy

@CitizenBane: yeah, I said Supes and Bats because I didnt really have much knowledge about Apollo/Midnighter's parenting. I also added a "but then again" because I wasn't very certain if educating a bunch of kids to be vigilantes (with one actually becoming a villain) is good parenthood.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nerx

@CitizenBane: @Jorgevy:

What kind of parent dresses their kid that way and sets them against street thugs?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jorgevy

@Nerx: it was quite fashionable in the 50s

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nerx

@Jorgevy: It won't protect kids fron a gunshot or a knife wound though

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jorgevy

@Nerx: Batman has a dozen more of those

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeanroygrant

Superman SOLO'S.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By katanalauncher

The minute Midnight sees Superman he would shit his pants.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By termiteone4ever

@Buckshot said:

This is correct .

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nerx

@Jorgevy: Batman.

Good parenting, my ass !
Good parenting, my ass !
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lady_liberty

Superman wins this.

But I do wonder, is Batman such a bad guardian? He does put young children in dangerous places, and often fails to suitably protect them.That's true. Oh the other hand however, he is fighting a war on crime. The sacrifice of children might be a necessary evil.

Batman knows he will not live forever, and he also knows he has no chance of stopping crime within his lifetime. He has to train as many possible successors as possible. To him this could be simple probability. Train ten, seven die, three successes who each train ten, seven of which die, nine successes, etc.

It may seem callous to sacrifice children for this cause, but the argument could be made that it is worth it.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By Killemall

Man people are getting sentimental about comic book character because they train children.. wow!

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nerx

@Lady_Liberty:

But I do wonder, is Batman such a bad guardian? (he could just raise Robin like a normal child, he does have all funds and resources) He does put young children in dangerous placesFrickinGotham City, and often fails to suitably protect them.That's true (Tell that to Jason Todd). Oh the other hand however, he is fighting a war on crime. The sacrifice of children might be a necessary evil (he has more skills and material advantages than the punisher, that is frivolous).
Batman knows he will not live forever (He can access the Lazarus pits though), and he also knows he has no chance of stopping crime within his lifetime (He can in several elseworld stories). He has to train as many possible successors as possible. To him this could be simple probability. Train ten, seven die, three successes who each train ten, seven of which die, nine successes, etc (sounds like a heroic sociopath).
It may seem callous to sacrifice children for this cause, but the argument could be made that it is worth it (innocent lives for a decrepit cesspool that they live in, might as well move to metropolis).
Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rasarima

@Deranged Midget said:

@CitizenBane said:

Supes solos.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nerx

Oh yeah , in this match supes will be busy fighting apollo while at the same time middy one shots batman and picks up the kryptonite ring.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ThanoStomp

@Nerx said:

Oh yeah , in this match supes will be busy fighting apollo while at the same time middy one shots batman and picks up the kryptonite ring.

Agree with that. I think Bats dies horribly while Supes is putting down Apollo. Unless Bats just bides his time waiting for backup, he's dead.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nerx

@ThanoStomp: Then again if Middy looks inside the utility belt he can find plenty of good toys to mess superman up one of them being the kryptonite ring that batman whips up on crossovers

Imagine middy or apollo with that kind of power

Avatar image for earthquake_2123
Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Earthquake_2123

@buckshot said:

Team 2 Wins due to Superman. Batman gets wasted no matter how much prep.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@ThanoStomp: Then again if Middy looks inside the utility belt he can find plenty of good toys to mess superman up one of them being the kryptonite ring that batman whips up on crossovers

Imagine middy or apollo with that kind of power

It wouldn't affect the battle at all. Even with the ring, Batman should have never been able to draw blood, let alone send him flying like that. They did that so Batman would look "awesome".

Anyways, Batman and Superman win.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ends in a draw. Midnighters powers wouldn't work on Batman because he doesn't have any inherent weaknesses and the wild storm writers said that Batman/ Superman are Apollos/ Midnighters equals only less gay and with different morals.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The minute Midnight sees Superman he would shit his pants.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily solos while batman hides behind a building.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman easily solos while batman hides behind a building.

HA!