Apocolypse R1: Godtriggerhulk vs Jwalser3

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Satan:

"Now is the time my minions. Our reckoning is at hand. But this time, God will be the one cast down from heaven!

As we speak, my subjects on earth have prepared a ritual to turn every human into demons, adding to the number of subjects at my command and forcing Him to battle his own creations. How ironic that what He created in His own image will bring about his inevitable destruction.

I'm sure He has caught wind of my plan and will send his pitiful excuses for soldiers to prevent the ritual, which is why I am sending the chosen souls to ensure my plan goes uniterupted.

Once the ritual is complete, we will have won the first battle of this glorious war. Victory will be ours!"

God:

"Time is close at hand. Satan has begun to gather his forces to fight against all that is good and holy. He plans on corrupting the entire human race to aid him in his quest. We cannot allow this to pass. You five, this is your purpose, to lead the army of heaven against him and ensure Satan never tastes victory.

You must prevent the ritual from taking place at all costs. If he succeeds, then we will be severely outnumbered. As it is written, you must walk through the valley of the shadow of death. But fear no evil for I am with you. My rod and staff will comfort you. Go! And end this before it begins!"

The fight takes place in this city:

No Caption Provided

Heaven starts at the top right, Hell starts at bottom left (by the red houses)

There are 5 cultists scattered in random locations across the city. They are all 4 miles away from the starting points and 7 miles away from each other.

@godtriggerhulk

Team:

"Heaven's Middle Management Pagan Division"

1. Kratos
  2. Zeus
  3. Poseidon
  4. Ares
  5. Hades
  • Your objective is to find the cultists, kill them, and any Agents of Satan you happen to find. You have 20 minutes to complete this task, else, you fail your mission (though you can still try and defeat the other team)
  • You know the exact location of the cultists.
  • Your entire team has a telepathic link to each other allowing for instant communication.
  • You also have perfect team chemistry

Your bonus: "Guardian Angel"

God knows that the fight will be tough, so he is sending one of his angels to watch over you. They will absorb any attack ONCE. You dictate when you want to be saved.

@jwalser3

1. Deathstroke(New 52)
  2. Iron Man(Extremis)
  3. Witchblade (Anime)
  4. Human Torch
  5. Metamorpho
  • Your objective is to keep the cultists alive for 20 minutes so they can complete the ritual and turn humanity into demons.
  • You know where every cultist is
  • Your entire team is morals off and bloodlusted
  • If there is bad blood between your team, then that will also come into play

Your bonus: "The devil among us"

The devil can take many forms. He can be the big red demon we all know and love, or he can look like a sweet innocent girl. Your master has given you the ability to change your appearance, however, you can only be human. You can look any way you want, but you cant say "i change my appearance to have wings, claws, and gain iron man armor". You can only look like a normal human. No trying to gain the system on this one.

Other info:

• Everyone has 1 hour prep in their universe before being dropped in the city.
  • You know that there are 5 people of the opposite team in the city, but you don't know where or who they are
  • The cultists are hidden in alleyways inside the city off the main road. There are two buildings and a dumpster on either side of the alleyway. The cultists cannot move from where they are, but they are protected by a force field. Here is how you take down the force field:
    • Normal punches/kicks=20 strikes to take down
    • Guns/bladed weapons=10 hits to take it down
    • Energy blasts=7 strong hits or 6 seconds of continuous fire on it
    • Enhanced punches/kicks (ie, characters with super strength or fire punches)=5 hits
    • ZOMGWTFBBQ! attacks (high level attacks)=1-2

If there are any question regarding the force fields in the fights, ask me (i know that this is kinda annoying, but use your best judgement in terms of what counts as what type of attack).

Both sides have knowledge of the force field and what it takes to destroy it

The cultist is a normal human with no special powers (other than the ritual he is trying to do)

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sweet! I'll get to this later today!

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3

no. they have to stay where they are.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: Okay, coolio.

@godtriggerhulk Alright! Let's get this started!

No Caption Provided

So. My team, they're pretty cool guys. Got a super genius in a sweat battle suit. A super solider mercenary, and elemental man, a sexy witch, and a guy on fire. So that pretty much mean you're doomed. :P

Now how will I defend the cult members? Let me explain..

With the the prep time I'm not going to go off a say that Tony will get his Thorbuster suit or anything. But he can hack into video surveillance around the city to know the location of your team. With that he can have Jarvis give him the location and have Johnny fly along to intersect your team. While the rest go to secure and defend individual cult members.

With that in mind, how fast is Tony and Johnny?

No Caption Provided

While Johnny has been able to fly alongside Quick Silver.

No Caption Provided

So I am sure they could get to your team quickly.

So with Tony and Johnny being my first contact team, let's see what they can do...

With a bloodlust Iron man, you'll be in for a fight.

Takes out an entire battalion
After seeing Spiderman get severely hurt, Ironman goes crazy and fires his uni beam. Charging up the beam sending it above 10,o73 K!
After seeing Spiderman get severely hurt, Ironman goes crazy and fires his uni beam. Charging up the beam sending it above 10,o73 K!

How how is 10,073 K? And he can reach that around 50%ish. So with him being bloodlust, there is no reason he wouldn't do such a thing.

Now what can Human Torch dish out in a bloodlust state?

He was able to destroy an asteroid the size of Manhattan

Now I know his flames went out. But I don't think he'd be doing that off the get go. This is just to show the full extent of his destructive power. Plus he can work as a great distraction and create a smoke screen around your team, leaving them in the dark.

I'd believe he could do such with his own flame.
I'd believe he could do such with his own flame.

Then while they're distracted both Tony and Johnny can level the area.

I'll wait for your strategy, and to get to the other three members of my team.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My prep will be fairly simple. Kratos will give Zeus the Blade of Olympus. Poseidon will utilize vast quantities of water to create his titanic form.

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

(Start at 4:30)

No Caption Provided

As can be seen from the pictures and video Poseidon's titan form dwarfs the titans and Mount Olympus. His hippocampi can extend thousands of feet (4:59) and are capable of acting independently, attacking Kratos, Gaia and other titans simultaneously.

Furthermore the construct Poseidon's body is safeguarded by a layer of rock. And since the construct was created in the God of War universe your team would have no idea where Poseidon's body is, let alone that there even is another body.

Another huge advantage for Poseidon is that his construct can be reconstituted with water. Even in a city environment this is a major consideration. The average person uses 100 gallons of water a day (http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/pubs/indoor.html) that's 800 pounds of the wet stuff. Considering that cities have to supply that water to their citizens it's safe to say that Poe will have plenty to draw upon.

His hippocampi are strong enough to manhandle Gaia the titan, easily ripping through dense stone and earthen flesh, in addition they are capable of shooting out streams of concentrated water that were able to harm Kratos. The same Kratos who can tank Zeus' lightning, fall thousands of feet from the top of Mount Olympus all the way to the underworld unscathed, take blows from Hercules and survive blows from foes of unthinkable size.

(6:53)

Loading Video...

This should give you an indicator as to how powerful these jets of water are since they were able to harm Kratos.

Human Torch and Iron-Man will be met with a hippocampi each. They are capable of finding and targeting foes as small as Tony and Johny (see 13:34 in "God of War 3 Epic Gameplay). Tony will waste power and damage his suit fighting just one of Poseidon's many limbs.

Johny on the other hand will be easily one-shotted, you presented a scan of him supposedly keeping up with Quicksilver. However the scan doesn't indicate either the runner's speed or even his identity. That's like finding a scan of Superman and Batman running side by side and claiming that they are equals in speed. The water stream from one hippocampi will douse Johny's flame and the extremely high pressure and volume of the water will blast him into a pile of goo, the sheer force of the water will crush him before he can react.

Meanwhile Ares knowing the exact location of the cultists will do this:

(14:33)

Loading Video...

Ares threw that pillar all the way from Athens to The Desert of Lost Souls, a massive distance that Ares' projectile cleared in a matter of seconds. Not only did he succeed in throwing the pillar with amazing speed, he also was able to hit Kratos with unerring accuracy. Ares will pick up piles of debris and throw them at the force-fields, not all of the projectiles will hit at the same time, meaning that the force-filed will be taken down in one throw (since the missiles will be staggered) to be complimented by another toss which will kill the cultist.

With one of your team members dead and the other distracted Ares could potentially finish the cultists alone but no need to chance it.

Zeus will take Kratos and go to a cultist location. Zeus is capable of flight and teleportation:

(3:14-3:16)

Loading Video...

Zeus is capable of shooting lightning and Kratos also has ranged magic, they can take down a force-field and a cultist quickly.

Hades will also assume his giant form and charge right towards a force-field/cultist, with the intent of crushing it. He has super strength and can take it down quickly with a flurry of blows.

(7:51-7:56)

Here we see Hades in his giant form pull down a titan.

Loading Video...

Your team and strategy are good but have a few missteps. First off Deathstroke was not the right choice for this sort of tournament and secondly going on the offensive with Tony and Johny wasn't strategically sound.

Meanwhile Poseidon disrupts or outright kills your heavy-hitters while Ares deals hypersonic insanely accurate blows to the cultists. Zeus and Kratos will reach their target with the speed of lightning and dispatch it with ease. Hades will act as insurance.

Your team is good and in a straight up fight scenario they would be decent contenders but the reality is the Poseidon and Ares combo is just too devastating for this sort of match-up.

Scan Debunking:

1) Why is Tony Stark's estimation of his own flight speed considered accurate?

2) Where does it say that the asteroid was the size of Manhattan?

3) Iron-Man's blasts may reach temps of 10,073 K, but do you know what's hotter? A bolt of lightning, Zeus' specialty with a temp of 30,000 K. Almost three times as hot!

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godtriggerhulk: Hey, next time hit the reply button :P I'll get to this tomorrow. But in the mean time..

Where does it say that the asteroid was the size of Manhattan?

No Caption Provided

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3:

Gotcha, I was reading it on my phone.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jwalser3

@godtriggerhulk: Okay, sorry about the wait.

Let me just start off by saying I think this is stupid. Another reason why I don't do tournaments is because I'm always pitted against something like this. Turning into giants and having god level characters is pretty ridiculous and frankly @knightofzero I don't see how this is fair.

Non the less I'll fight on.

Scan Debunking:

1) Why is Tony Stark's estimation of his own flight speed considered accurate?

2) Where does it say that the asteroid was the size of Manhattan?

3) Iron-Man's blasts may reach temps of 10,073 K, but do you know what's hotter? A bolt of lightning, Zeus' specialty with a temp of 30,000 K. Almost three times as hot!

This really isn't debunking.

1. That isn't what Tony is saying. Even if it was it'd be accurate as well because he's the one flying the damn thing. It's actually a guy in a military outpost that caught a bogie. His general asked how fasted it was coming in and he states "I'm clokin' it at mach 8.7!" either way he is still flying at hyper-sonic speeds.
  2. Already posted.
  3. While that is true Tony has reacted to such attacks in the Extremis suit.
No Caption Provided

So they'res that. And I'm sure you'll go off talking about lighting storms or something.

Also, Johnny isn't a slug in the reaction time department.

Dodges Storm's lighting strike
Dodges Storm's lighting strike

Then he has also dodged Cyclopes optic blast, which is really impressive.

No Caption Provided

So the both of them have good speed and reaction speed.

Another huge advantage for Poseidon is that his construct can be reconstituted with water. Even in a city environment this is a major consideration. The average person uses 100 gallons of water a day (http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/pubs/indoor.html) that's 800 pounds of the wet stuff. Considering that cities have to supply that water to their citizens it's safe to say that Poe will have plenty to draw upon.

While that's cute you did your research and all but you forgot a major thing. In the video he clearly lands in a large body of water. SO of course he'd reach his titan form quickly and have incredible size. Gathering all that water will take time. And Johnny and Tony will be able to tell he has some form of Aquakinisis. So what are their choices?

Tony can easily form a force filed around him. Now this is hypothetical here so bare with me.

So here is his shield withstanding at least a city level explosion. Now if this was to say, be formed around Poseidon, no water could get to him. Leaving him in his human form, which can obviously be killed via punches.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And here's the proof that he can form shields around foes. Even if some water manages to get to him Johnny can easily evaporate it away.

So as far as I'm concerned Poseidon obvious need for water will be his down fall and is out.

Johny on the other hand will be easily one-shotted, you presented a scan of him supposedly keeping up with Quicksilver. However the scan doesn't indicate either the runner's speed or even his identity.

Seriously?

It was in fact Quick Silver. In Fantastic Four #240 read it and see for yourself. And just because it doesn't say "He moved at 1,000,000 mph" doesn't mean he wasn't moving fast. He as still moving in a blur.

The water stream from one hippocampi will douse Johny's flame and the extremely high pressure and volume of the water will blast him into a pile of goo, the sheer force of the water will crush him before he can react.

Do you not know what Johnny is capable of? Obviously not.

Johnny never goes nova in cities in fear he will harm some one. With morals off Johnny can easily go nova and do such a thing if Posideon even manages to get any water.

This isn't even nova.
This isn't even nova.

Ares threw that pillar all the way from Athens to The Desert of Lost Souls, a massive distance that Ares' projectile cleared in a matter of seconds. Not only did he succeed in throwing the pillar with amazing speed, he also was able to hit Kratos with unerring accuracy. Ares will pick up piles of debris and throw them at the force-fields, not all of the projectiles will hit at the same time, meaning that the force-filed will be taken down in one throw (since the missiles will be staggered) to be complimented by another toss which will kill the cultist.

With one of your team members dead and the other distracted Ares could potentially finish the cultists alone but no need to chance it.

You haven't even countered Iron Man and Human Torch intersecting your team.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 being able to change size isnt against the rules. you are just fighting people who are very big. Imagine your team vs a giant sized water bender and that is posiden in a nutshell (kinda). they dont have unbeatable god powers, but they arent push overs either

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GodTriggerHulk

@jwalser3:

I actually had Poseidon utilize his prep to create his titanic form before the fight. So any argument contingent on preventing him from assuming said form would have to involve some sort of time-travel, an illegal maneuver.

It also doesn't look like Johny dodged Storm's lightning. Storm wouldn't have tried to kill Johny in character and would've only tried to wing him. And she did, as evidenced by Johny's exclamation of "yeeeeoooowwww!" Or some such.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3:

I actually had Poseidon utilize his prep to create his titanic form before the fight. So any argument contingent on preventing him from assuming said form would have to involve some sort of time-travel, an illegal maneuver.

Then with prep, Iron Man can get his Marl II. HulkBuster and activate his Iron Man protocol and have every past suit fight along side him?

It also doesn't look like Johny dodged Storm's lightning. Storm wouldn't have tried to kill Johny in character and would've only tried to wing him. And she did, as evidenced by Johny's exclamation of "yeeeeoooowwww!" Or some such.

Well he did.

No Caption Provided

It was an evil clone of the X-Men in that issue. So they were not holding back. Even if you don't want to except that, he still dodged an optic blast.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: @jwalser3:

You probably should've thought of your prep before you gave your plan of attack. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're not alloyed to change your strategy retroactively.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KnightOfZero

@jwalser3@godtriggerhulk

if he hasnt used his prep, then he can use it now, as long as it isnt a direct counter to something already said and has no knowledge of (ie, you would have no knowledge of posiden's water ability, so building an anti water device would be a little cheap at this point in the game)

However, using every iron man suit is above the limit for extra people. they count as clones or summoning, and you would only be allowed to bring a max of 3. And each suit would have to be within the limits set by the tournament.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm done with this tournament.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers