KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KnightOfZero

Satan:

"Now is the time my minions. Our reckoning is at hand. But this time, God will be the one cast down from heaven!

As we speak, my subjects on earth have prepared a ritual to turn every human into demons, adding to the number of subjects at my command and forcing Him to battle his own creations. How ironic that what He created in His own image will bring about his inevitable destruction.

I'm sure He has caught wind of my plan and will send his pitiful excuses for soldiers to prevent the ritual, which is why I am sending the chosen souls to ensure my plan goes uniterupted.

Once the ritual is complete, we will have won the first battle of this glorious war. Victory will be ours!"

God:

"Time is close at hand. Satan has begun to gather his forces to fight against all that is good and holy. He plans on corrupting the entire human race to aid him in his quest. We cannot allow this to pass. You five, this is your purpose, to lead the army of heaven against him and ensure Satan never tastes victory.

You must prevent the ritual from taking place at all costs. If he succeeds, then we will be severely outnumbered. As it is written, you must walk through the valley of the shadow of death. But fear no evil for I am with you. My rod and staff will comfort you. Go! And end this before it begins!"

The fight takes place in this city:

No Caption Provided

Heaven starts at the top right, Hell starts at bottom left (by the red houses)

There are 5 cultists scattered in random locations across the city. They are all 4 miles away from the starting points and 7 miles away from each other.

@funsiized

Team:

1. Ku-fei
  2. Setsuna
  3. Kaede Kouga
  4. Tatsumiya Mana
  5. Future Kyle Tenjuin
  • Your objective is to find the cultists, kill them, and any Agents of Satan you happen to find. You have 20 minutes to complete this task, else, you fail your mission (though you can still try and defeat the other team)
  • You know the exact location of the cultists.
  • Your entire team has a telepathic link to each other allowing for instant communication.
  • You also have perfect team chemistry

Your bonus: "Guardian Angel"

God knows that the fight will be tough, so he is sending one of his angels to watch over you. They will absorb any attack ONCE. You dictate when you want to be saved.

@esquire

1. "Graduate Students"

• Your objective is to keep the cultists alive for 20 minutes so they can complete the ritual and turn humanity into demons.
  • You know where every cultist is
  • Your entire team is morals off and bloodlusted
  • If there is bad blood between your team, then that will also come into play

Your bonus: Same as above.

Other info:

• Everyone has 1 hour prep in their universe before being dropped in the city.
  • You know that there are 5 people of the opposite team in the city, but you don't know where or who they are
  • The cultists are hidden in alleyways inside the city off the main road. There are two buildings and a dumpster on either side of the alleyway. The cultists cannot move from where they are, but they are protected by a force field. Here is how you take down the force field:
    • Normal punches/kicks=20 strikes to take down
    • Guns/bladed weapons=10 hits to take it down
    • Energy blasts=7 strong hits or 6 seconds of continuous fire on it
    • Enhanced punches/kicks (ie, characters with super strength or fire punches)=5 hits
    • ZOMGWTFBBQ! attacks (high level attacks)=1-2

If there are any question regarding the force fields in the fights, ask me (i know that this is kinda annoying, but use your best judgement in terms of what counts as what type of attack).

Both sides have knowledge of the force field and what it takes to destroy it

The cultist is a normal human with no special powers (other than the ritual he is trying to do)

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: I have characters from three different universes. Are all of them together during prep, or do they prep separately and meet up at the start of the battle? I'm assuming the former.

Are characters allowed to access premade gear besides their standard gear? I would assume not, or Reed would be bringing guns that punch through Celestials.

Do my characters have any knowledge of the scenario during prep?

Is Tele-Drop/Dismemberment allowed? Again, I'm assuming no.

Do I have to keep all 5 cultists alive to win, or only one?

@funsiized

Prep

(Pending a couple clarifications by KoZ that might change things a bit.)

As is probably obvious at first glance, my team should be pretty decent at prep. My group is composed of the Scientist Supreme, Marvel's smartest man, a genius engineer technopath, a technokinetic with the combined intelligence of two supergeniuses, and the genius ruler of the MU's most technologically advanced nation. Basically, they should be able to do a pretty impressive level of stuff using prep.

Qubit's signature piece of tech is his teleportal generator, which lets him teleport things, usually by opening portals of various sorts. He controls this with a device on his wrist, and his technokinetic powers let him make half a dozen of these generators in a few seconds. He did this for his team, the Paradigm, in a matter of moments, so it's not even out of character. These teleportal bracelets will also have built-in communicators. (I think they acted as such when he built them for the Paradigm, but if not he's made communicators on other occasions, so it would only take a couple more seconds.) He'll make one for each of my team members, giving us unparalleled mobility. Finally, he'll work with Hank to make 4 more Pym Particle dispensers, which will be given to my team. This should take mere seconds as well, and they can move on to making traps. In Avengers A.I., Hank built several focused miniature black holes to use as booby traps for his base. With this prior experience combined with Qubit's expertise in building small but advanced gadgets, they'll be able to whip several of them up during the prep time allotted.

Tony and T'challa will work on building cloaking devices for the 5 cultists. Black Panther's current costume is equipped with such a device and Tony has reverse-engineered a cloaked stealth armor, so they'll both know how to do this without any brainstorming. Once they've built 5, they'll build cloaks and radar baffles and mufflers for Pym's traps.

Reed will spend his time building handheld energy blasters. He's built weapons with the power to blow up moons or even go through Celestials, so making 4 of them powerful enough to get through the forcefields shouldn't be an issue. "ZOMGWTFBBQ!" attacks are a strong possibility. If he finishes these quickly, he'll help with Pym's traps.

Battle

At the start of the match, Qubit, Reed, and Black Panther will teleport around the locations of the cultists, setting up the black hole traps. T'Challa is a master strategist and Qubit is incredibly good at tactics and predicting people's actions, so they'll be able to set up the traps in optimal locations. When your team arrives at the locations, the focused singularities will trap them helplessly, giving the cultists plenty of time to complete the ritual.

While they're doing this, Pym and Iron Man will teleport to the 5 different cultists one by one, landing beside them inside the forcefields. If the fields can't be teleported through, then they'll break through the fields using powerful energy blasts to take the fields down in a couple of hits. Either way, once they get to the cultists, they'll give the cloaking devices to the them and use the Pym Particles to shrink them down to the size of molecules. Unless your characters have the senses to detect a single molecule, then you will have no way of finding the cultists to kill them. Once they've shrunken all 5 cultists, Hank and Tony will help set up any final traps.

Iron Man's scanners will be able to keep track of your team throughout the city, and he'll keep my team updated on your locations. If you arrive at an untrapped location before my team has finished setting up all of the traps, then I can send members there instantly to employ any of a number of defensive strategies. But this assumes you can arrive fast enough, and I'd like to see what your team is going to be doing (since Iron Man lets me track them) before I commit to any of those strategies.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KnightOfZero

@esquire you do have knowledge of the scenario during prep. As for pre made gear, you are allowed to make/get it, but none of it can exceed or cause you to exceed the limits of the tournament.

There is to tele dismembering.

You only have to keep 1 cultist alive, but it is in your best interest to keep all of the cultists alive (it will affect the next round in terms of your bonus)

Your characters are not together during prep if they are from different universes, but they can communicate with each other to plan. prep can be used to make strategies, make gear, or do what ever in the time alloted

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: You just had to give me the prep master team that can shrink his guys down to molecules. What, did i kick your dog?

Also, one of my characters has a special technique designed to break barriers, can i use that to one shot the walls?

@esquire

Ugh, this is gonna be tough. i also apologize in advance, as I'm trying to Put forth arguments without using scans more often, so if something needs clarifying, just ask me. Well, without further Ado. Meet my merry group of Manga characters.

• A Ninja-Kaede-Fast, Skilled Cloack that Works as a portal
  • A Martial artist-Ku-Fei-Same as above but she has Wukongs expanding staff to make it simple
  • A Block headed Psycher-Kyle-Can use a technique called "Material high" that condenses air to create near invisible blocks.
  • A Sniper-Mana-Well...you'll see
  • A Swordsman-Setsuna-Fast Can fly,

Prep

My team is more of the brute force type so there isn't much here. Mana can get some gear-Temporal displacement bullets, Displacement Charms, her guns and communicators for my team.

Battle.

You made this...difficult in the least. But at the same time have made it easier. We'll see.

The match starts with Kaede activating her Pactio and taking my team into it. Her artifact is Speculatrix Clandestina- it is a cloak that can be used for camouflage/invisibility purposes. The cloak acts as a gateway to another dimension that has a house. complete with a kitchen in it. She can use it to transport. a mass amount of people while keeping her speed. Using this she can take my entire team into her Cloak and Use her Stealth to attempt a Sneak attack on the Cultist.

Now, getting to them...easy enough, after the team is in her Cloak, she will start off by making clones.

No Caption Provided

Her specialty is 15-20 Real density clones, meaning unlike Naruto clones, they don't divide her strength and are equal to her in every way. She can amp up the number by sacrificing attack power. So, you say Iron man can track my Team? well, how surprised will he be when Four becomes One, and One becomes Twenty! Twenty blips on a map all running to random Cultist in pairs. BUT ONLY ONE IS THE REAL ONE! MUAHAHA.

Continuing, she uses Limitless Ground contraction to Bridge the Gap between her and the Closest Cultist at an insanely fast speed. (Note she also can use clones in mid air)

No Caption Provided

She has also shown the ability to phase through Walls, and as such walls won't deter her one bit. She can phase through every building she comes across, further Stumping your genius team! Whenever the original gets in the area of a barrier, she can have her Clones go forth first, therefor tanking any and all black holes that May appear to suck us up. She can Drop off Mana on a nearby building for her to set up in a sniper position, it doesn't have to be in line of sight due to her ability to ricochet bullets. Any one of your team members that you "Dispatch" To intercept my team will then be Shot down by her and hit by a temporal displacement bullet. What these bullets do is "Warp" you into the future, effectively BFR'ing whoever is hit. Also, don't mention Shields. They are ineffective.

Moving on.

So there are two instances here correct?

• i got somewhere you have not been and i take down the shield instantly with swift hits from my team or if OP Allows, a single barrier break from Kaede. No black hole-no problemo- and Mana can Pick off any of your approaching scientist.
  • I go somewhere your team has been and the Clones soak the black hole. knowing the cultist are there, my team goes with the safest method and simply Nukes the Areas one of two ways. Maybe even both
  1. Ku uses her Artifact and Crushes the area and it's surrounding buildings, everybody goes away happy. save the cultist
  2. Kyle using material high creates a 3x Density sphere and Brings the house down.

Both take little effort and time from my team, your team is distracted from the clones. We can rinse and repeat as necessary. If we do in fact run into your team i have faith in our ability to take them in a heads up fight.

Did i miss anything? now there are somethings i would like to bring into question. Or Counter

In Avengers A.I., Hank built several focused miniature black holes to use as booby traps for his base.

Err, how big where they? and what was the AOE? and finally, What was the Effect? a Condensed point? A High pressure?

T'Challa is a master strategist and Qubit is incredibly good at tactics and predicting people's actions, so they'll be able to set up the traps in optimal locations.

Being masters in strat is all fine in dandy...until you run into a singularity that your are not used to...such as a bunch of school girls with magical items and a guy who appears to walk on air. He can place Traps in optimal places for Your average enemy, of which my team is not.

the focused singularities will trap them helplessly

Kaede has escaped a similar attack.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized

sorry but i don't own a dog. These matches were random, so i apologize if you think you got the short end of the stick. But good luck though.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: lol its all good, but my question about the barrier break?

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized

i would classify that as an enhanced punch, so it will take 5 hits to break through the shields

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I've gotten a couple of clarifications from KnightofZero, I'll modify my prep accordingly.

My team starts in three different universes. This would seem to be a problem. It is not. Qubit's teleportals allow cross-dimensional transport. Reed and Hank have both traversed other dimensions in multiple ways, such as with Pym's Dimensional Wave Inducer. Tony worked with Ultimate Reed on exploring parallel universes. So Qubit will link up all three of my team's home realities at the outset of prep, letting them traverse around as much as they wish. He'll set up portals to Reed's lab in the Baxter Building, his and Modeus' labs on Earth, Tony's lab, Wakanda's vibranium stockpiles, and Hank's lab. This will give me an incredible amount of tech to work with.

The important thing here is that I'm allowed to bring pre-made gear. This is a big deal. Ultimate Tony will bring four extra suits, one for each of my characters. He'll also bring a huge load of engineering nanobots, which will allow my team to assemble whatever they want in seconds.

No Caption Provided

Black Panther will bring Anti-Metal to make bullets and claws from, which will be added into the Iron Man armors. Qubit will give them all teleportal generators. Reed won't need to build energy blasters since the suits come with them, so he'll be able to help Pym with the singularities, hooking them up to scanners and sensors.

Largely my prep is the same, except for Tony bringing Iron Man armors. But I'm able to bring most of the things I need from home, leaving my preppers to spend almost all of their time building new things. They'll also be able to build these new things much, much faster thanks to Tony's nanobots. First order of business will be creating 5 life model decoys for the cultists, which will be used to replace the cultists when they've been shrunken down.

With the time that remains, my team will do things like hook up teleportals and bombs to motion detectors, make hologram projectors, and improve the cloaking devices they've brought with them.

You made this...difficult in the least. But at the same time have made it easier. We'll see.

The match starts with Kaede activating her Pactio and taking my team into it. Her artifact is Speculatrix Clandestina- it is a cloak that can be used for camouflage/invisibility purposes. The cloak acts as a gateway to another dimension that has a house. complete with a kitchen in it. She can use it to transport. a mass amount of people while keeping her speed. Using this she can take my entire team into her Cloak and Use her Stealth to attempt a Sneak attack on the Cultist.

So essentially she's carrying all of your team in her cloak, correct? How fast is she able to move?

Now, getting to them...easy enough, after the team is in her Cloak, she will start off by making clones. Her specialty is 15-20 Real density clones, meaning unlike Naruto clones, they don't divide her strength and are equal to her in every way. She can amp up the number by sacrificing attack power.

According the the rules of the tournament, you're only allowed to make 2-3 summons or clones. Not 15-20.

So, you say Iron man can track my Team? well, how surprised will he be when Four becomes One, and One becomes Twenty! Twenty blips on a map all running to random Cultist in pairs. BUT ONLY ONE IS THE REAL ONE! MUAHAHA.

The Ultimates have fought and defeated the Schizoid Man, a duplicator who created dozens of himself. Duplication is nothing new to Tony. As to your second point, my team is composed of five of the smartest characters in comics. Would the real Kaede not be obvious from the fact that all of the new clones have issued directly from her? Can her clones create clones?

How fast is her running speed? She has to traverse an entire city to reach the Cultists. And there won't be twenty of her, anyway, only two or three because of the rules of the tournament.

Continuing, she uses Limitless Ground contraction to Bridge the Gap between her and the Closest Cultist at an insanely fast speed. (Note she also can use clones in mid air)

I would appreciate some clarification here. What is the "Limitless Ground Contraction?" How fast is "insanely fast?" Why is it relevant for her to use clones in midair? What does it mean to use a clone, anyway?

She has also shown the ability to phase through Walls, and as such walls won't deter her one bit. She can phase through every building she comes across, further Stumping your genius team!

I'm really not sure that your best bet is to try to "stump" my team. They're kind of exceptional at figuring things out. You seriously think they won't be able to figure out what's going on because she's phasing? Hank Pym is currently leading a team with Vision on it, who can phase. They've encountered Kitty Pryde, Silver Surfer, and Moonstone, off the top of my head, all of whom can phase. Ultimate Tony himself has fought Ghost, a villain who has armor that lets him phase. You thinking that phasing is going to confuse my team is ridiculous.

Whenever the original gets in the area of a barrier, she can have her Clones go forth first, therefor tanking any and all black holes that May appear to suck us up.

With only 20 minutes to complete the objective, why would she waste time leading with clones? Does she have enhanced senses or precog that would let her know to send in clones to spring the traps?

She can Drop off Mana on a nearby building for her to set up in a sniper position, it doesn't have to be in line of sight due to her ability to ricochet bullets. Any one of your team members that you "Dispatch" To intercept my team will then be Shot down by her and hit by a temporal displacement bullet. What these bullets do is "Warp" you into the future, effectively BFR'ing whoever is hit. Also, don't mention Shields. They are ineffective. Moving on.

No Insta-BFR abilities, which is exactly the way you're describing these bullets. Read the tournament rules.

• i got somewhere you have not been and i take down the shield instantly with swift hits from my team or if OP Allows, a single barrier break from Kaede. No black hole-no problemo- and Mana can Pick off any of your approaching scientist.

It will take probably 5 seconds for my characters to teleport to all 5 of the cultists and shrink them down to molecular size. Your team has to get in Kaede's cloak before you can go anywhere, which should give me enough time to shrink the cultists down before you can get there. You might be able to arrive somewhere before traps are set up, but I'm very skeptical that you will be able to find a cultist before they're all shrunk.

• I go somewhere your team has been and the Clones soak the black hole. knowing the cultist are there, my team goes with the safest method and simply Nukes the Areas one of two ways. Maybe even both
  1. Ku uses her Artifact and Crushes the area and it's surrounding buildings, everybody goes away happy. save the cultist
  2. Kyle using material high creates a 3x Density sphere and Brings the house down.

Crushing buildings isn't going to destroy a molecule-sized person. There's just too much space for them to fit into, even with the building crushed around them. This is a person small enough to fit in between the water molecules in a glass of water. You will never be able to get a building densely packed enough to kill a cultist who's been shrunken down.

Increasing the density of the air around a cultist still isn't enough to squish him at that size, and bringing the houses down won't do it, either. Molecules are just too small. But thanks to the life model decoys, your team will think they've killed the cultists, and won't have any idea that the cultists are still alive unless they have senses capable of operating on a molecular level. They'll just move on to the next location, unknowingly leaving their objective unfulfilled.

Both take little effort and time from my team, your team is distracted from the clones. We can rinse and repeat as necessary. If we do in fact run into your team i have faith in our ability to take them in a heads up fight.

Who do you have who can compete with the raw power of an Iron Man armor? What attacks do you have that can get through nuke-tanking durability? What durability do you have to hold up against repulsors that can destroy city blocks? How do your characters fare against neural scramblers, or blows that can stagger Ultimate Hulk?

Do any of your characters' powers come from genetic alteration or tech? Because Iron Man suits can shut both of those options down very easily.

Err, how big where they? and what was the AOE? and finally, What was the Effect? a Condensed point? A High pressure?

I was typing up my first post really late at night and I messed things up a bit. He didn't booby trap his base, he booby-trapped a Doombot. Anyway, the singularities are powerful enough and have an AoE large enough to totally obliterate a Doombot, and they'll be scattered all around the alleyways where the cultists are located. They grow steadily after they're set off, unless contained by Pym Particles. So as I understand it, they'll get steadily bigger and bigger once you trigger them the first time.

Being masters in strat is all fine in dandy...until you run into a singularity that your are not used to...such as a bunch of school girls with magical items and a guy who appears to walk on air. He can place Traps in optimal places for Your average enemy, of which my team is not.

Because T'Challa and Qubit totally fight "average enemies." Black Panther has predicted the actions of Tony Stark, Mephisto, and even Doctor Doom with enough accuracy to outmaneuver them in combat. Qubit spends his time fighting against an insane godlike being and has spent his life surrounded by various metahumans, aliens, and demons, all of which he has been able to predict with almost perfect accuracy. Your team may be abnormal, but my team is used to abnormal.

While we're here, I'll throw out a couple of counters to your team reaching the cultists before I set up traps and decoys. One, I can teleport several Iron-Man-Armored geniuses into the alley and clean house with raw power. Two, I can use teleportals and Iron Man's sensors to surround your team with active singularities, obliterating them in moments. Three, I can open up a bunch of large portals around the cultist when you attack, redirecting all of your attacks back onto yourself. Do you have answers for these tactics?

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funsiized

@esquire: Urgh, the Hax, it HURRRTSS. now i know how SA felt when i hit him in the HTT. Look, im gonna be honest here. I really got Mixed up with other tourneys, no Bfr, Clone limit ETC. And even if i was on track, i doubt i could deal with black holes being tele dropped on my team. which is pretty stupid you have to admit. No bfr, But insta kills allowed? LOL.

Im too tired to formulate a strategy, Whine whine whine, Yada Yada.

TL;DR-Esquire is too strong, i rage quit. @knightofzero

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized@esquire

i did say in the limits that there were not "insta-kill abilities like bloodbending allowed". i think the black holes might fall into that category

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized@esquire

i did say in the limits that there were not "insta-kill abilities like bloodbending allowed". i think the black holes might fall into that category

yeah, but even without them Esquire has a near flawless strat. He DESERVES to go on and I'm in to much stuff anyway.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SMXLR8

@funsiized: where is your team from? like what series that is?

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: The four girls are from Mahou Sensei Negima. It has an Anime that cut it off early, and a spin off that has a different story.

The guy is From Psyren.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Esquire

Funsiized conceded, no voting necessary.

Feel free to read through for fun, though.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@knightofzero: Just a question, what would've happened if only the Heaven teams/only the Hell teams won the debates? =\

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk

if only heaven teams won, i would go on to round 2 and say that the dark energy of hell corrupted some of the heaven teams. both heaven teams fighting think the other is possesed

if only hell won, i would say that a faction of demons try and take power for themselves, causing two of the hell teams to fight.

in each instant, i would give each team either both heaven or both hell boosts (however, for the final round, i will say one team represents heaven and the other hell, regardless of who makes it)