• 54 results
Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) 7 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Apocalypse vs Thanos H2H combat only (30 votes)

Apocalypse 23%
Thanos 73%
Tie 10%

Who would win in a hand to hand combat battle, with no powers or prep

#1 Posted by Wolverine08 (42440 posts) - - Show Bio

Do either of these two have any showings of technical skill at all? They both just outmuscle their foes really.

#2 Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Do either of these two have any showings of technical skill at all? They both just outmuscle their foes really.

Well strength can over come skill at times but it just depends on how strong you are. I would say it's a tie but I want to hear what others think.

#3 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^this

class 100's barely show skill. when you get to team busters like these guys...its more like "OVER 9000 EAT MY POWER"

#4 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has more powerful punches...The Celestial Armor would help extend the fight...Neither has shown really skilled combat because they are both so powerful. Thanos would win...Apocalypse can fly so he isn't just going to sit there and be hit. If it took 7 hits to KO SS, Thanos would have to hit Apocalypse 20 to 30 times to KO him.

#5 Posted by JwwProd (9518 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#6 Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

Thanos has more powerful punches...The Celestial Armor would help extend the fight...Neither has shown really skilled combat because they are both so powerful. Thanos would win...Apocalypse can fly so he isn't just going to sit there and be hit. If it took 7 hits to KO SS, Thanos would have to hit Apocalypse 20 to 30 times to KO him.

Aw but remember that Apocalypse has been able to blow himself up and do things like detach his head due to his complete control over his molecules and his armor is so powerful that an asguardian weapon was not able to do much.. Strength wise I think they are about even...

#7 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: No they are not even...not even in the slightest. Once Apocalypse can take direct Magic Blasts from Skyfather in Asguard...then they can be even. Apocalypse biggest advantage is flying...even though Thanos will jump around and try to hit him.

#8 Edited by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@darklord_apoc: No they are not even...not even in the slightest. Once Apocalypse can take direct Magic Blasts from Skyfather in Asguard...then they can be even. Apocalypse biggest advantage is flying...even though Thanos will jump around and try to hit him.

Theres no doubt in my mind that he could if he did fight Odin because in Uncanny Avengers he was brave enough to confront Thor and talk about Odin and how dumb their kind was, so I don't think he feared Odin, and in fact Odin didn't want to get involved or for Thor to.. In that series it made us see how powerful his celestial armor really was and it was so powerful that almost nothing could penetrate it and it took a special spell that is able to penetrate celestial armor remember?

#9 Edited by Kingant27 (5095 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse has made Hulk submit to his strength in a fight; also we all know how powerful the Hulk became when he was given armour by apocalypse to become one of the four horsemen of Apocalypse, also known as War Hulk.

Besides while Thanos has held his own against Odin and beats heralds on a regular basis, the only way he beat the Champion to gain the power gem was by out smarting him or using his force fields; but he is fighting someone who was around before the Egyptian times, and has access to force fields, and has celestial technology to amp himself. Apocalypse also can grow vastly in size if he needs to. IMO Thanos's intelligence will not aid him to much as Apocalypse is extremely smart as well as only a few can operate celestial technology.

This would be a great fight, despite Apocalypse's recently pissy showings.

#10 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: Yes the spell thing was stupid...it really made Apoc look weak...the more I think about it...the more I think about how much it was WIS. Thanos didn't fear Odin either, but he was still getting his butt kicked and Odin wasn't even breaking a sweat. Not being scared doesn't mean much, all it means is you don't back down. Saying Apoc could take magic blasts from Odin is only speculation. We know Celestial Armor is strong, but Thanos has incredible punching power he took down SS with 7 hits. Apoc should be way above SS, but SS is a good measuring stick as SS has fought common place opponents Apoc & Thanos have both fought; Thor & Hulk. The way I see it 20 to 30 hits from Thanos should KO Apoc. Apoc pwnd the Hulk so we know he should have strength and punching power not too far behind Thanos. But, his punches are still not on a Thanos Level. When it comes to durability Thanos is leagues above Apoc.

#11 Edited by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@darklord_apoc: Yes the spell thing was stupid...it really made Apoc look weak...the more I think about it...the more I think about how much it was WIS. Thanos didn't fear Odin either, but he was still getting his butt kicked and Odin wasn't even breaking a sweat. Not being scared doesn't mean much, all it means is you don't back down. Saying Apoc could take magic blasts from Odin is only speculation. We know Celestial Armor is strong, but Thanos has incredible punching power he took down SS with 7 hits. Apoc should be way above SS, but SS is a good measuring stick as SS has fought common place opponents Apoc & Thanos have both fought; Thor & Hulk. The way I see it 20 to 30 hits from Thanos should KO Apoc. Apoc pwnd the Hulk so we know he should have strength and punching power not too far behind Thanos. But, his punches are still not on a Thanos Level. When it comes to durability Thanos is leagues above Apoc.

Apocalypse has tanked blasts from not only Black Bolt but the X-Factor and the other Inhumans.... It should be noted that he laughed at their attacks and looked un phased by their attempts.. So how is Thanos going to knock him out? He not only manhandled Savage Hulk but he done it with one arm as well... Actually the series made Apocalypse look stronger than he has last shown to be like dumb arcs such as "Apocalypse vs Dracula" and "Blood of Apocalypse" those two books were his worst showings and filled with PIS... At least we know Apocalypse's armor is truly made from the same armor celestials use. At first a lot of people thought that was not true, so them using a plot device such as a spell just means how powerful the celestial armor is because they could have wrote Odin to be able to just one shot or do Apocalypse like he did Thanos, but instead they made it seem like there was only one way to break through his armor... So how is Thanos going to be able to minus his powers?

#12 Posted by dondave (37590 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#13 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3025 posts) - - Show Bio

Mad Titan

#14 Edited by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: Thanos still has incredible punching power. Even though he has on Armor he still feels punches or blasts if they are powerful enough. Apocalypse's armor is made of the same material, it's not on the same level other wise Apocalypse would be on a Celestial type level.

#15 Posted by highaccuser (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps. His strength exceeds Thor w/power Gem, and he was durable enough to trade blows with Odin. Apocolypse has lost to Thor, and as far as I know Hulks the best person he's beat.

#16 Edited by comic_book_fan (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

I will give the edge to Apocalypse in hand to hand he has better regeneration naturally and is faster and better shape shifting powers and physical damage will do little to a full powered Apocalypse.

thanos has better energy powers and would win in a normal fight but in a purely physical fight Apocalypse wins.

#17 Edited by lol (5158 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by comic_book_fan (5654 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by comic_book_fan (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero:

yeah but I wasn't counting that because even then Apocalypse had to let him hit him.

#21 Posted by highaccuser (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

Apocalypse has never lost to thor.

He did in God of Thunder by breaching his armor with Jarnbjorn, and that was a young Thor who didn't have Mjlnor.

#22 Posted by comic_book_fan (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

that was in uncanny avengers and his weapon had a plot spell designed to destroy celestial armor and apocalypse was still killing him with ease before letting thor hit him because he wanted to prove thor couldn't hurt him he didn't know there was a spell on it.

#23 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: That was a stupid pure WIS plot device and yes that was a young hammerless Thor...Thor still has super strength...

#24 Posted by Experio (16078 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#25 Posted by RogueShadow (10778 posts) - - Show Bio

I literally don't remember any showings of skill from either.

#26 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Both have so many powers, gadgets, and henchmen...they would have never bothered to refine their fighting skills....

#27 Posted by RogueShadow (10778 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@rogueshadow: Both have so many powers, gadgets, and henchmen...they would have never bothered to refine their fighting skills....

I agree. It would be moot for them to waste time on such a pointless endeavour.

#28 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

#29 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Neither character even likes doing their own dirty work...Mr. Sinister does most of the work for Apoc & Thanos uses a variety of henchmen...

#30 Posted by comic_book_fan (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse was a warrior nomad in one origin.

and in another he was a 200,000 year old demigod who has fought in every major war in the history of mankind.

so yeah he can handle himself In combat granted thanos is even older but I still doubt he has seen as much battle as Apocalypse.

#31 Edited by UrbanChill (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse because i dont like thanos

Ha

#32 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: Hey boo boo lol :P hey wanted to ask you, do you have other favorite characters besides Apocalypse?

#33 Posted by Juiceboks (9087 posts) - - Show Bio

Nur is eclipsed by Thanos in strength/durability showings. It may take a while..but he will go down.

#34 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

I know they don't have powers here, but can Thanos at least rip off Apocs arm, mold it into a table and beat him to death with it? Does that count as shape shifting?

#35 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight creates havoc, enough for stairs to be formed around them. Darkseid comes in and trips down the stairs. They stop fighting, laugh at him and beat Darkseid.

#36 Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: Actually Apocalypse has never been hurt by physical attacks like punching unless it was PIS. When he was weak and dying he was able to speed blitz X-Factor who had Quick Silver on their team and they all were giving it all they had and Apocalypse beat them in less than 60 seconds... He also was able to blow himself up and regenerate, so if Thanos beats him silly then whats stopping him from regenerating and getting back up? I feel this is a tie or very close indeed.. I mean Black Bolt's screams are suppose to be planet busting and it did not phase Apocalypse or did the other attacks from X-Factor and the other inhumans..

@vaeternus: lol no I love Thanos also and even helped on his wiki

#37 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: I just have never seen Apoc take punches from anybody as Strong as Thanos...mostly because Apoc as a character doesn't care about space because he job is the caretaker of Earth. So that limits who he actually fights. Maybe they will show a fight between Apoc and someone with Thanos level punching power one day...till then I have to give it to Thanos.

#39 Edited by OreoAssassin (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos For A Majority

#40 Posted by ShenKuei (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: X-factor is nothing compared to Thanos and Apoc tanked a whisper from Blackbolt who was greatly holding back to avoid killing his teammates and causing destruction.

@lukehero: Saying Apocalypse is way above Silver Surfer is ridiculous. How is it you can even make this claim?

Apocalypse doesn't have striking feats anywhere near Thanos' level who has demolished a planet accidentally as a side-effect of a fight with Drax. Apocalypse doesn't have equal durability feats either obviously. His healing factor may allow him to keep getting back up but sufficient destruction of his body should count as a KO. If not, and this is to the death then I no idea who wins. It may be a stalemate as both of them are nigh-unkillable.

#41 Posted by lukehero (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@shenkuei: Common place opponents all three Thanos, SS, & Apoc have all fought Hulk & Thor...based on how Apoc did with Hulk compared to SS...Apoc > Surfer. I do not want to derail this thread on that issue. If you want to debate it, PM me.

#42 Edited by ShenKuei (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: No, I don't want to debate it. Common consensus is enough for me. Surfer also has flat-out better feats by a large margin. That's all I really want to say about it.

EDIT: And Surfer has easily defeated Hulk more than once, for what that's worth.

#43 Posted by Hyperlight (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos because he is stronger

#44 Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@shenkuei said:

@darklord_apoc: X-factor is nothing compared to Thanos and Apoc tanked a whisper from Blackbolt who was greatly holding back to avoid killing his teammates and causing destruction.

@lukehero: Saying Apocalypse is way above Silver Surfer is ridiculous. How is it you can even make this claim?

Apocalypse doesn't have striking feats anywhere near Thanos' level who has demolished a planet accidentally as a side-effect of a fight with Drax. Apocalypse doesn't have equal durability feats either obviously. His healing factor may allow him to keep getting back up but sufficient destruction of his body should count as a KO. If not, and this is to the death then I no idea who wins. It may be a stalemate as both of them are nigh-unkillable.

Actually Cyclopse said himself that the team was giving it their all so how is that holding back? Black Bolt has screamed and killed people with his teammates besides him just like he did when he screamed at Apocalypse... It would be like me saying Black Bolt also held back with Thanos so he wouldn't destroy the planet since he is more than capable of doing so.

#45 Edited by ShenKuei (1584 posts) - - Show Bio
@darklord_apoc said:

@shenkuei said:

Actually Cyclopse said himself that the team was giving it their all so how is that holding back? Black Bolt has screamed and killed people with his teammates besides him just like he did when he screamed at Apocalypse... It would be like me saying Black Bolt also held back with Thanos so he wouldn't destroy the planet since he is more than capable of doing so.

It may have seemed like Black Bolt was going all out to Cyke because he doesn't know Black Bolt's actual limits. It's been repeatedly shown that if he so much as whispers it causes massive destruction and death. The whole point of the character is that he can't even talk because of that. So obviously if he is using his voice while Cyclops is standing two feet away and not being affected in the least the only logical explanation is that he is holding back, which is exactly what he would do in character.

I don't understand what you're trying to say with the Thanos thing. That he held back against both? That's reasonable. The difference is that when he screamed at Thanos there was nobody nearby to worry about accidentally killing so it's much less likely he was holding back that time. And if he was, he wouldn't have had to hold back nearly as much.

#46 Posted by mjolnirson (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

Reactions of thanos and apocalypse when they saw Black Bolt.

Thanos: die you punny King *scream* , then Thanos pwn BB.

Apocalypse: Holy Crap please do no... *whisper* no mor apocalypse.

Thanos stomps.

#47 Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@

@

@

@shenkuei said:
@darklord_apoc said:

@shenkuei said:

It may have seemed like Black Bolt was going all out to Cyke because he doesn't know Black Bolt's actual limits. It's been repeatedly shown that if he so much as whispers it causes massive destruction and death. The whole point of the character is that he can't even talk because of that. So obviously if he is using his voice while Cyclops is standing two feet away and not being affected in the least the only logical explanation is that he is holding back, which is exactly what he would do in character.

I don't understand what you're trying to say with the Thanos thing. That he held back against both? That's reasonable. The difference is that when he screamed at Thanos there was nobody nearby to worry about accidentally killing so it's much less likely he was holding back that time. And if he was, he wouldn't have had to hold back nearly as much.

You miss the point though on what I am saying. Black Bolt has screamed and killed people with the other Inhumans around him, so how come they were not killed? Also I read where a whisper can destroy a city, so then if you look at it that way then he shouldn't be able to even whisper, but the scan shows some thing coming out of his mouth, so if it wasn't a scream or whisper then what was it then? Black Bolt can control the damage of his screams when he is screaming at an enemy... Another example was when he killed Vulcan he had others around him and only Vulcan was killed.

#48 Edited by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Reactions of thanos and apocalypse when they saw Black Bolt.

Thanos: die you punny King *scream* , then Thanos pwn BB.

Apocalypse: Holy Crap please do no... *whisper* no mor apocalypse.

Thanos stomps.

Failed attempts at lowballing especially when none of what you say is true lol

#49 Edited by ShenKuei (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: I actually think you are missing my point. I know he has screamed without harming others around him. I'm not saying he wasn't. What do you think I'm claiming that he was just stretching his mouth out? I'm saying he wasn't going full power. Even Spidey could tank a "scream" from Black Bolt if he was holding back enough. In the fight with Thanos he wouldn't have had to hold back as much because the area around them was abandoned.

When he killed Vulcan there was no else around either. Not that he needed to go full power against Vulcan either considering Vulcan's durability is not that great.

#50 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos in theory should be very skilled since he trained Gamora.