• 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea! in the blue corner we got sentry, suppose to be the ultimate dude in the universe, yet he is mentally challenge... Vs. in the red corner we got the all powerful fear by all leader of the horsemen one of the 1st mutants recorded also suppose to be the ultimate villain in the universe! the one that make Charles Xavier's knees shake even if they don’t work! Apocalypse!














lets see who you think it would win???????? and why!?

sorry about the long text just trying to make it sound like a tv match lol :p

#2 Posted by SilentStorm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse needs his horsemen to be such a threat that he is renown for, Sentry is the ultimate dude here going toe to toe with WWH, probably if Apocalypse did the same, he would not last longer than Sentry. Even though i like Apocalypse more, he has been beaten many times before quite easily and manipulates others to do his bidding making him a lazy potato unlike sentry who's fought every single battle with 100%.

#3 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Apoc wins this. Sentry can't do much. It be like Superman vs shaggy man. He even admitted all he could do was punch and when that wasn't working he had to stall shaggy man. Sentry would have the same problem. Then to make matters even worse he would be getting tired. I doubt apoc would be doing anytime soon.

#4 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

wow shaggy man... first time i head about him.... JLA couldnt beat him that impresive..

#5 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah. He's almost has a good as a record as doomsday or composite superman.

#6 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I remember that thread. It was good till creator came and said some stupid logic that made no sense as usual.

#7 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio

I did this once already and most felt Apoc.

#8 Posted by Grim-Zero (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Well one Sentry is far stronger then Superman. Also Sentry would take out Apoc with a couple of superpowered hits.


Grim-Zero

#9 Posted by HellionVulcan (3630 posts) - - Show Bio
Grim-Zero said:
"Well one Sentry is far stronger then Superman. Also Sentry would take out Apoc with a couple of superpowered hits.


Grim-Zero"
How can sentry hit some one who can rearrange there whole body into liquid Then reform to mind attack sentry & apocalypse has many weapons & has taken cyclops full optic blast plus black bolts scream at the same time & both did nothing if that happened to sentry he would be dead simple apocalypse is far beyond sentry in durability but overall power is up for debate .. .
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Grim-Zero said:
"Well one Sentry is far stronger then Superman. Also Sentry would take out Apoc with a couple of superpowered hits.


Grim-Zero"
False...Sentry has not proven to be anywhere near Superman strength...However he does take out Apocalypse.
Moderator
#11 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry should win. He was able to rip through Dr. Doom's suit like it was tissue paper. He should easily do the same to Apoc.

#12 Posted by mr.superior (134 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Sentry is as strong as Apoc and with his other powers he should be able to beat Sentry.

#13 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
mr.superior said:
"I don't think Sentry is as strong as Apoc and with his other powers he should be able to beat Sentry."
Don't be silly.
#14 Posted by HellionVulcan (3630 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Sentry should win. He was able to rip through Dr. Doom's suit like it was tissue paper. He should easily do the same to Apoc."
Theres a difference Apocalypse can alter his molecules or attack sentrys mind & 90's apocalypse would dismantle sentry .. .

Duke Checkmate III
said:
"mr.superior said:
"I don't think Sentry is as strong as Apoc and with his other powers he should be able to beat Sentry."
Don't be silly."
He wasn't .. .
#15 Posted by Adam Warlock (723 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF, Sentry wins sky high

#16 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse is trouble Sentry wins

#17 Posted by Hal_Jordan1986 (292 posts) - - Show Bio

oooo i could imagine Apocalypse mentally setting off sentry lol

good fight but in a physical fight sentry wins
in the mind game i gotta give it to apocalypse

#18 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

lol mind game "Sentry" may lose... but after that.... the void comes crawling out ;) and thats a motherly curbstomp

#19 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Apoc should win this Sentrys power is untapped

#20 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

One word.

Telepathy.

Apocalypse for the easy win.

#21 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"lol mind game "Sentry" may lose... but after that.... the void comes crawling out ;) and thats a motherly curbstomp"
#22 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Telepathy."
This. Apocalypse would reduce Sentry to tears and hysteria.
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Zoom said:
"Telepathy."
This. Apocalypse would reduce Sentry to tears and hysteria."
No.......he wouldn't.
Moderator
#24 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Zoom said:
"Telepathy."
This. Apocalypse would reduce Sentry to tears and hysteria."
VOID
#25 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"No.......he wouldn't."
Wow, are my eyes open now. You never fail to astound me with your airtight logic, Vance.
#26 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

If sentry gets Mentally unstable he unleashes the Void and then Apoc is lost for good

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Vance Astro said:
"No.......he wouldn't."
Wow, are my eyes open now. You never fail to astound me with your airtight logic, Vance."
When have you seen Telepathy work on the Sentry? 
Moderator
#28 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"When have you seen Telepathy work on the Sentry? "
Remember that time Mastermind totally screwed him over? You know, it was his what do you call it... origin. Yeah, I don't think Apocalypse would have any trouble here.
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Vance Astro said:
"When have you seen Telepathy work on the Sentry? "
Remember that time Mastermind totally screwed him over? You know, it was his what do you call it... origin. Yeah, I don't think Apocalypse would have any trouble here."
We don't know the circumstances in which Mastermind got in mind.No other telepaths were allowed into his head without him letting them do it.
Moderator
#30 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Korg said:
"Vance Astro said:
"No.......he wouldn't."
Wow, are my eyes open now. You never fail to astound me with your airtight logic, Vance."
When have you seen Telepathy work on the Sentry? "

You don't even have to use telepathy on him!

You just have to call him a little sissy boy or show him a picture of his dead wife and he goes all to tears.

Using telepathy makes this an absolute curbstomp.
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Korg said:
"Vance Astro said:
"No.......he wouldn't."
Wow, are my eyes open now. You never fail to astound me with your airtight logic, Vance."
When have you seen Telepathy work on the Sentry? "

You don't even have to use telepathy on him!

You just have to call him a little sissy boy or show him a picture of his dead wife and he goes all to tears.

Using telepathy makes this an absolute curbstomp."
Ok...
Why would he care about his wife dying when he can just bring her back to life...AGAIN.

Telepathy doesn't make this an absolute curbstomp because I bet anything Sentry is a more powerful telepath than Apocalypse.
Moderator
#32 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm way more scared of a hysterical Sentry than I am a rational one. I doubt even Apocalypse can survive in the sun.

#33 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Ok...
Why would he care about his wife dying when he can just bring her back to life...AGAIN."
And yet, a skrull turning into his dead wife still sends him flying away in tears.

What a baby.
#34 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio
Ha Ha Ha  !

Good Stuff
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Ok...
Why would he care about his wife dying when he can just bring her back to life...AGAIN."
And yet, a skrull turning into his dead wife still sends him flying away in tears.

What a baby."
I guess you didn't read the comic.The skrull turned into the Void his wife was alive during that whole thing so I have no idea why you think that would do something to him.If you didn't read Mighty Avengers #6...killing Sentry's wife pisses him off not makes him cry.He's scared of the Void and always has been...but that's just a plot device Bendis used to keep him out of the Invasion so he wouldn't own everyone.
Moderator
#36 Posted by DOMINIS (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse for sure.

#37 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.EASY.

#38 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Ok...
Why would he care about his wife dying when he can just bring her back to life...AGAIN."
And yet, a skrull turning into his dead wife still sends him flying away in tears.

What a baby."
I guess you didn't read the comic.The skrull turned into the Void his wife was alive during that whole thing so I have no idea why you think that would do something to him.If you didn't read Mighty Avengers #6...killing Sentry's wife pisses him off not makes him cry.He's scared of the Void and always has been...but that's just a plot device Bendis used to keep him out of the Invasion so he wouldn't own everyone."

In other news, Sentry is a crybaby.  There's a point where when a "hero" sits on his couch in his underwear or cries himself to sleep in the fetal position instead of doing anything useful that it stops being a plot device and it starts being a character trait.

Sentry has gone waaaaay past that point.
#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Ok...
Why would he care about his wife dying when he can just bring her back to life...AGAIN."
And yet, a skrull turning into his dead wife still sends him flying away in tears.

What a baby."
I guess you didn't read the comic.The skrull turned into the Void his wife was alive during that whole thing so I have no idea why you think that would do something to him.If you didn't read Mighty Avengers #6...killing Sentry's wife pisses him off not makes him cry.He's scared of the Void and always has been...but that's just a plot device Bendis used to keep him out of the Invasion so he wouldn't own everyone."

In other news, Sentry is a crybaby.  There's a point where when a "hero" sits on his couch in his underwear or cries himself to sleep in the fetal position instead of doing anything useful that it stops being a plot device and it starts being a character trait.

Sentry has gone waaaaay past that point."
When your ready to be serious...we'll talk.
Moderator
#40 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very very difficult to take Sentry seriously.

If he was half as powerful as some people think, he could have stopped Civil War on his own.

#41 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

If Sentry was half as powerful as some people think, the world wouldn't need any other superheroes.

#42 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

But it does because Sentry is mentally unstable and if he would take advantage of it, it would be possible for the void to come out.

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"It's very very difficult to take Sentry seriously.

If he was half as powerful as some people think, he could have stopped Civil War on his own."
Sentry is basically the Phoenix waiting to happen.They have to add little things to his story to keep him from fighting otherwise he will ruin every story arc that doesn't involve just him.You think that fight in the Savage Land would have lasted as long as it did if the Sentry was there the whole time...he would have been destorying skrulls left and right.He killed a damn Herald of Galactus with even tearing his costume.

Korg
said:
"If Sentry was half as powerful as some people think, the world wouldn't need any other superheroes."
Actually he would..that is the point of his instability...because if he were to be mentally stable (his powers are connected to his mind) he would be unstoppable.Read Sentry Vol.1 first time he fought the Hulk..he had him curled up in fetal position about to shed a tear and all without exerting himself...even fought Galactus to a standstill.According to Age of the Sentry #1 Robert Reynolds had unlimited power when he first became the Sentry..that is why all his villains either had some type of draining power..He had to create the Void just so he could have a formidable villian.
Moderator
#44 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

See? That kind of blatant retardation is why so many people hate Sentry.

#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"See? That kind of blatant retardation is why so many people hate Sentry."
What do you mean?
Moderator
#46 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
He's all-powerful, but will never reach that potential because he handicapped himself, created a SECOND alter-ego (which is alternately given as the Void or the Sentry), and has been wedged into continuity by way of relating his previous feats (e.g. going head-to-head with Galactus) through flashbacks or, even better, just a mention. He's a Superman clone, which is bad enough, and he's also been slap-dashed into continuity in the most horrible way possible. His origin is sloppy, and his powers fluctuate more wildly than any other character besides the Beyonder.
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"
He's all-powerful, but will never reach that potential because he handicapped himself, created a SECOND alter-ego (which is alternately given as the Void or the Sentry), and has been wedged into continuity by way of relating his previous feats (e.g. going head-to-head with Galactus) through flashbacks or, even better, just a mention. He's a Superman clone, which is bad enough, and he's also been slap-dashed into continuity in the most horrible way possible. His origin is sloppy, and his powers fluctuate more wildly than any other character besides the Beyonder.
"
Do you feel better now?
Moderator
#48 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Not especially, but thanks for asking.

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

Moderator
#50 Posted by Hal_Jordan1986 (292 posts) - - Show Bio

If sentry mastered his full powers he would win easily
however as of right now i gotta give the edge to en sabah nur

In a fist fight apoc is almost impossible to hurt

although he is going to be feeling sentry punches

however apoc is taking a huge risk if he tries to mind rape sentry and unleashes the void
then apoc is screwed badly