• 66 results
#1 Posted by Cosmic Mancer (195 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Sun Rider (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Superman, but Thor is my favorite.

#3 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the battle it's Apocalypse vs Sentry. I say Sentry

#4 Posted by emperorvulcan432 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

dude sentry sucks, imean yeah hes powerful but he has a very messed up mind he has 3 minds in one robert reynolds,sentry,and the void. look,anyone could actually defeat him,all they would have to do is mess with his mind ,not like with powers but just get to him like if hes in sentry form frighten him and if hes in void form make him be scared of you,i mean this guy reynolds really has a messed up mind, when he turns inot the sentry and than turns back he doesnt remember anything he did as the sentry,same with the void when he turns back...hes worse than the hulk when remembering things, at least the hulk can get flashbacks of what he did in hulk form.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
emperorvulcan432 said:
"dude sentry sucks, imean yeah hes powerful but he has a very messed up mind he has 3 minds in one robert reynolds,sentry,and the void. look,anyone could actually defeat him,all they would have to do is mess with his mind ,not like with powers but just get to him like if hes in sentry form frighten him and if hes in void form make him be scared of you,i mean this guy reynolds really has a messed up mind, when he turns inot the sentry and than turns back he doesnt remember anything he did as the sentry,same with the void when he turns back...hes worse than the hulk when remembering things, at least the hulk can get flashbacks of what he did in hulk form."
He has 1 mind in one.The Void was out of his mind until Secret Invasion because he thought he killed the Void and he's never Robert Reynolds..he never even takes his costume off.Anyone could not defeat Sentry..He beat a Herald of Galactus and killed Absorbing Man with ease.
Also..Sentry is not the Void and never has been.
#6 Posted by Fresh Prince (4982 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry

#7 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse

#8 Posted by King Saturn (223795 posts) - - Show Bio
How come the Original Poster has a Superman vs Thor Battle in his first post ?
#9 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Just smoking crack i guess

#10 Posted by King Saturn (223795 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"Just smoking crack i guess"
LOL
#11 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry ..

#12 Posted by PineSavior (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse

#13 Posted by Carycomic (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that any such battle would be a thinly-disguised version of Superman vs. Darkseid, and given that the former has (admittedly, with some difficulty) whipped the latter's butt on at least two occasions, I would have to say that Sentry would win the day.  I mean; let's face it.  The Sentry once took on Terrax, Galactus' most homicidal herald, and cleaned his clock! 

And, before anyone else brings up this point, no:  I don't think that's because Galactus made all of the Silver Surfer's successors less powerful.     True, Firelord was once beaten by Spider-man.  But, let us remember that Spidey was the latest avatar of Captain Universe, at that time!  

Let's also remember that the Sentry's villainous alter-ego, the Void, seems to be able to access the Darkforce Dimension (a la the Shroud, et al.).   So, if need be, the Void could teleport all "three" of them to that dimension, should En Sabah Nur ever get the upper hand in such a battle.  Thereby negating the latter's ability to absorb electromagnetic radiation--which would include ambient light--to bolster his own mutant abilities!  

#14 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry SPITE THREAD he has no chance in this

#15 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

is this superman vs thor or acaloypse vs sentry

#16 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"is this superman vs thor or acaloypse vs sentry"

second one
#17 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

ecsnclr said:

"claws said:

second one"

then this a hard choice there both really powerful and sentry fought galactus to an standstill

#18 Edited by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"

ecsnclr said:

"claws said:

second one"

then this a hard choice there both really powerful and sentry fought galactus to an standstill

"

Oh please, don't go the " Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill" nonsense. A feat like that has never been shown, and it just sounds so, RIDICULOUS! What did he do, fight an Etheopian Galactus who hadn't eaten for a century! That's the lamest Sentry non feat i've ever heard! Sorry, but Spiderman saying Sentry stalemated Galactus is nothing more than hyperbole to boos the character without actually doing it or showing the feats. P.I.S. poor writing, is what it is!
#19 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden said:

"claws said:
"

ecsnclr said:

"claws said:

second one"

"

Oh please, don't go the " Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill" nonsense. A feat like that has never been shown, and it just sounds so, RIDICULOUS! What did he do, fight an Etheopian Galactus who hadn't eaten for a century! That's the lamest Sentry non feat i've ever heard! Sorry, but Spiderman saying Sentry stalemated Galactus is nothing more than hyperbole to boos the character without actually doing it or showing the feats. P.I.S. poor writing, is what it is!"

then what u say is true then apocalypse wins

#20 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

apoc.. for the win..

#21 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"

lordraiden said:

"claws said:
"

ecsnclr said:

"claws said:

second one"

"

Oh please, don't go the " Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill" nonsense. A feat like that has never been shown, and it just sounds so, RIDICULOUS! What did he do, fight an Etheopian Galactus who hadn't eaten for a century! That's the lamest Sentry non feat i've ever heard! Sorry, but Spiderman saying Sentry stalemated Galactus is nothing more than hyperbole to boos the character without actually doing it or showing the feats. P.I.S. poor writing, is what it is!"

then what u say is true then apocalypse wins

"

As much as I have a love/hate thing for Sentry, I believe him to be much more powerfull than someone like Apoc, but Apoc is smarter and much more manipulative and versatile and can easilly exploit Sentry's mental weakness, and with his Celestial tech, has enough to turn him into his horsman of Death in the end  ;-)
#22 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry should be able to beat Apocalypse without too much effort! He did handle Terrax like a child and broke his axe with ease, I believe, and he's a low end herald, so can't see him having too much problem with Apocalyps

#23 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"Sentry should be able to beat Apocalypse without too much effort! He did handle Terrax like a child and broke his axe with ease, I believe, and he's a low end herald, so can't see him having too much problem with Apocalyps"

(Sigh) I'm not Evan going to bother with this one
but don't worry the argument you are looking for will happen with someone else
#24 Edited by Carycomic (30 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"Push said:
"Sentry should be able to beat Apocalypse without too much effort! He did handle Terrax like a child and broke his axe with ease, I believe, and he's a low end herald, so can't see him having too much problem with Apocalyps"

(Sigh) I'm not Evan going to bother with this one
but don't worry the argument you are looking for will happen with someone else"

Then, why post a reply to that effect, at all?   That's comparable to a master of ceremonies introducing a guest of honor with the phrase "Here's a person who needs no introduction!"
#25 Posted by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push: Is Loki on Sentry's level? Apocalypse defeated Loki, so I say Apocalypse here. 
#26 Posted by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

apcocalypse

#27 Posted by coolbeans (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.   even if apocalypse tried to mess with his head it could just make sentry go more insano on him

#28 Posted by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio
@coolbeans: Apoc. defeated Loki though. 
#29 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Push: Is Loki on Sentry's level? Apocalypse defeated Loki, so I say Apocalypse here.  "

Apoc never defeated Loki, they only battled briefly.
#30 Edited by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@coolbeans said:
" Sentry.   even if apocalypse tried to mess with his head it could just make sentry go more insano on him "
Apocalypse gets chucked into the Sun
#32 Edited by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio
@BIackFlash: Apocalypse transmutes Sentry or telepathically dominates him.  Apoc. also has some low-level reality warping abilities that have been displayed in the Ages of Apocalypse.  

Or Apoc. teleports behind Sentry and KOs him. Apoc. won't get chucked into the sun. He would teleport away. 
#33 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
"@BIackFlash: Apocalypse transmutes Sentry or telepathically dominates him.  Apoc. also has some low-level reality warping abilities that have been displayed in the Ages of Apocalypse.    Or Apoc. teleports behind Sentry and KOs him. Apoc. won't get chucked into the sun. He would teleport away.  "

Apocalypse does NOT have transmutation powers, your thinking of heralds.
#34 Edited by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push: 

Some of Apocalypse's Transmutation Feats:
1.  Reality warps Ozymandias into a being of living stone.
2.  Matter manipulation. Turns his harbinger into a bomb. 
3.  Creates a mantis creature as strong as ten regular humans, in one limb. 
4.  Apocalypse can easily disintegrate a person in his hand.     

Note: Apocalypse's Transmutation abilities seem to be adaptive to the situation at hand. 
#35 Posted by blacktom212 (866 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"emperorvulcan432 said:
"dude sentry sucks, imean yeah hes powerful but he has a very messed up mind he has 3 minds in one robert reynolds,sentry,and the void. look,anyone could actually defeat him,all they would have to do is mess with his mind ,not like with powers but just get to him like if hes in sentry form frighten him and if hes in void form make him be scared of you,i mean this guy reynolds really has a messed up mind, when he turns inot the sentry and than turns back he doesnt remember anything he did as the sentry,same with the void when he turns back...hes worse than the hulk when remembering things, at least the hulk can get flashbacks of what he did in hulk form."
He has 1 mind in one.The Void was out of his mind until Secret Invasion because he thought he killed the Void and he's never Robert Reynolds..he never even takes his costume off.Anyone could not defeat Sentry..He beat a Herald of Galactus and killed Absorbing Man with ease.
Also..Sentry is not the Void and never has been.
"

sentry is a bitch
#36 Posted by avwhite (124 posts) - - Show Bio
Apocalypse...he's smarter and not an insane recluse.
#37 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry wins with a plot device

#38 Posted by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio

If Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force to severely hurt Apocalypse, then how could Sentry?

#39 Posted by Manchine (3952 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry barely lost to a World War Hulk.  Regular Hulk can beat Apocalypse.  Sentry can beat regular Hulk.  Sentry beats Apocalypse.

#40 Posted by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
"Regular Hulk can beat Apocalypse.
How?
#41 Posted by Manchine (3952 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Manchine said:
How? "
This was brought up in the Hulk vs Apocalypse thread.  Apocalypse BARELY beat a weakened Dying hulk that had fought all the Xmen.  He has no chance against the real hulk .
#42 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry
#43 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse made Warren Worthington the leader of his 4 horseman. A dude whose power is bird wings.

I have a hard time believing he's smarter than anyone!

#44 Posted by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
" @Edamame said:
" @Manchine said:
How? "
This was brought up in the Hulk vs Apocalypse thread.  Apocalypse BARELY beat a weakened Dying hulk that had fought all the Xmen.  He has no chance against the real hulk . "
I would like to read that comic. What is the name of it, may I ask? I am not so sure about this. What can the Hulk do to hurt Apocalypse? Apoc. has complete atomic control over his body, has an incredible power and has transmutation powers.
#45 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#46 Posted by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango said:
" Apocalypse made Warren Worthington the leader of his 4 horseman. A dude whose power is bird wings. I have a hard time believing he's smarter than anyone! "
Techno-organic wings that can project exploding projectiles. 
#47 Posted by VIZION2011 (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Because marvel writers tend to suck every now and then I'm going to give this to apoc, reason being they give Sentry all of these cool powers and strength yet he has trouble lifting a hellicarrier on his   own after fighting  someone who should not have been that hard to beat for him. Sentry should be able to best him but it won't happen he's got way too many issue's to fight someone like apoc.    

#48 Posted by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio
@VIZION2010 said:
"

Because marvel writers tend to suck every now and then I'm going to give this to apoc, reason being they give Sentry all of these cool powers and strength yet he has trouble lifting a hellicarrier on his   own after fighting  someone who should not have been that hard to beat for him. Sentry should be able to best him but it won't happen he's got way too many issue's to fight someone like apoc.    

"
Well, Apoc. also lost against a table. So both have suffered from this trend. LOL
#49 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @The Mango said:
" Apocalypse made Warren Worthington the leader of his 4 horseman. A dude whose power is bird wings. I have a hard time believing he's smarter than anyone! "
Techno-organic wings that can project exploding projectiles.  "
Still extremely lame. He planned to take over the Earth with Arch-Angel as one of his big guns? He wouldn't even get through the great lakes avengers (with or without Squirrel Girl).
#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio
@VIZION2010 said:
"

"
Because Hellicariers are his kryptonite ;)