bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
 It has stated by sources that apocalypse can give himeself any superhuman power,magnatism is a power,so apoc could just give himeself this or any other power,also in the further adventures of cyclopes and pheonix in the last issue apoc is trying to kill the king and queen of england and when they call for the guards apoc makes them explode by snapping his fingers,he could do the same to magneto,also it has been stated that apoc has psionic powers so he could attack mags mentally as well,and in earlier comics mags was beaten by mental powers.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Freefa11

Magneto has changed not only significantly, but several times in the last 38 years. A feat from 1972 is really only relevant if we're specifying something like a classic Magneto. I mean, in his early appearances he couldn't even fly. 

Magnetic fields have been used in real life to levitate things like plastic figurines, spiders, and tiny frogs. It takes enormous amounts of power, but a sufficiently powerful magnetic field can be effective even on objects that are normally electrically neutral. If you think about it, all normal matter contains electrons and protons, which are charged particles, so a fine enough control, or enough pure raw power, would be able to affect matter on an atomic level. 

Control over the electromagnetic force in general should also allow for the manipulation of electricity and light waves (heat, ultraviolet, x-ray, radiation, visible, radio-waves, etc). Magneto should actually be capable of quite a lot; the electromagnetic force is probably the most versatile and useful of the 4.

bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
 Prof x mind raped mags in fatel attractions and in another story he made him see things,also in god loves,man kills prof x takes him down with one shot,no i don't know how apoc makes people explode,the writer just probubly thought it would be cool.
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
 I can't remember the name of the story but wolverine stabs magneto at the end of it,also in ultimate x-men prof x beats mags,as far as apoc goes in messiah war apoc is said to have god-like powers,god-like power is greater than magnatism,also in AoA apoc was about to blast mags when nate grey showed up and interferred(just like in pro wrestling) outside interferance
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
Well if mags is so powerful how come he was bing tortured? also cyclopes once beat the crap out of magneto,so it would be easy for apoc.
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Tesseract

Magneto

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#212  Edited By karrob
@Tesseract said:
" Magneto "
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By jojjimbo

Magneto.

bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
Yes it is 616,it is written by grant morrison,in it mags is addicted to a drug called kick,i mags had posed as a mutant called xorn,and i can't remember the storyline name but wolvie cuts off mags head at the end.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Freefa11

I believe it was explicitly stated a few times in AoA, and at least once by Apocalypse himself, that Magneto permanently lost half his power (due to strain, apparently) when he pulled Apocalypse's Celestial spaceship out of the sky. So AoA Mags being weaker than normal 616 Mags isn't idle speculation or anything, it is confirmed within the AoA story itself, and is a well known fact to both Magneto and Apocalypse. 

Another fairly obvious explanation is that in the AoA, Fabian Cortez would have never screwed around with Magnus's powers and caused him to discorporate into the magnetosphere (or whatever the hell supposedly happened to him), and so he would not have received the large power boost that made him so formidable during the Fatal Attractions arc.

bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
 No it was mags whering a mask and pretending to be another mutant called xorn to go undercover and fool the x-men,but he later reveiled his identity and attacked them with a new brotherhood of mutants, and the drug kick increases your powers,but cyclopes still beat him down,and what does PIS stand for?
It was a story that showed magneto for the washed up,hypocrit he is.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#218  Edited By Magian
@bigalow: PIS is term used in the battle forums. It means Plot Induced Stupidity.
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By bigalow

Well in the same way it was stupid for mags to lose to cyclopes,it would be stupid for apoc to lose to mags
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By bigalow

Apoc could attack mags many ways including mentally,which has beaten mags in the past,plus mags limeted powers wouldn't hurt apoc who could just snap his fingers and make mags explode,also when did mags and dr doom fight?

bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
Mags ristant to telaphathy is PIS,just a desperate attempt by writers to keep him relivent,since apoc can draw in power from outside sources it also makes his powers limitless,also it is stated that apoc has god-like powers,god-like power is greater than magnatism.
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
I didn't know storm was resistant,writers started makeing up telipath resistance as soon as they relise how powerful telipathy was,mental powers like telepathy and telakinisis will always be more powerful and useful than physical abilities to shoot fire or be really strong or control magnatism
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame: 
 In reality magnetic powers would not be as usful as telipathy/telikinisis
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
With mental powers you can control minds,also telikinsis you can move any object,with magnatism you can only move metalic ones.
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
I'm talking about in reality,not comics,electro magnetic powers can't do all that,the x-men movies were more realistic about powers and it showed mags limitations.
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Tesseract
@bigalow said:
" @Edamame: I'm talking about in reality,not comics,electro magnetic powers can't do all that,the x-men movies were more realistic about powers and it showed mags limitations. "
Wrong...Electro-magnetic powers which Magneto possesses can do all that....Movies didn't show his powers in the right manner.He could only control metal which is wrong. He would be able to do all this and have ways for many ways to kill a person or just atomize him. And movies are non canon. 

And on a side note aren't you the person who made a thread in which you said Magneto is a lame character and you hate him?If you are i don't think you are actually credible to debate here showing your obvious bias against him.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Freefa11
@bigalow said:
" @Edamame: I'm talking about in reality,not comics,electro magnetic powers can't do all that,the x-men movies were more realistic about powers and it showed mags limitations. "
Didn't you make this same argument already on this thread a couple of days ago? We already responded, and you're wrong. Electromagnetism is one of the 4 fundamental forces of nature, and from a human standpoint arguably the most useful and versatile. It goes far beyond the ability to just move metallic objects around (like I mentioned before, even in real life we can make magnetic fields that can levitate spiders, frogs, and garden gnomes).
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By difficlus
@Freefa11 said:
" @bigalow said:
Didn't you make this same argument already on this thread a couple of days ago? We already responded, and you're wrong. Electromagnetism is one of the 4 fundamental forces of nature, and from a human standpoint arguably the most useful and versatile. It goes far beyond the ability to just move metallic objects around (like I mentioned before, even in real life we can make magnetic fields that can levitate spiders, frogs, and garden gnomes). "
agreed, we use electromagnetism to hold anti-matter in place and if powerful enough a magnetic force can even lift water. According to Einstein's Unified field theory all the forces are inter-related and co-exist as one, meaning magneto should theoretically have control over all 4 forces of the universe. and in real life science that is so, by controlling electromagnetism one can control the energy between atoms and electrons (strong nuclear force) as well as electrons themselves.  It is responsible for all forces involved in interactions between atoms including the pushing or pulling ordinary objects which come from intermolecular forces between each molecule in our bodies and in those objects. it also includes ALL forces of chemical phenomena which arise from interactions between electrons.                                                                                                            
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By difficlus
@Edamame said:
" @difficlus: How would you explain Magneto being able to control Proteus' pure psionic energy form? In the comics (Necrosha), Magneto stated that "it" was close enough to the EM spectrum for him to manipulate, but can more be said about this? It is rather vague.    Thanks. "
well psionic energy is extremely vague, its supposedly mental energy or something like that. i'm guessing since the brain is an electric object he can manupilate brain waves. but as i said i don't really know what psionic energy is, its based on fiction. 
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
Apocalypse with his ability to give himself any power can also use the em spectrem.
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By bigalow
@Tesseract:
 No,i don't hate him,i don't hate fictional charecters, but it's true mags is a washed up,overexposed charecter that needs to go somewhere.
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Tesseract
@bigalow said:
" @Tesseract:  No,i don't hate him,i don't hate fictional charecters, but it's true mags is a washed up,overexposed charecter that needs to go somewhere. "
That is your opinion on the matter, i personally believe that Magneto is a cool and a character with depth which is shown in Magneto's testament, and that he was once declared one of the best villains in comic books. And if Apocalypse could get any power he would be one of the most powerful beings in MU which he is not.
RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#244  Edited By RJMooreII

I think Apocalypse is more powerful in general and far more versatile. I give this to Apocalypse, despite his tendency to jobby against characters who have no business surviving an angry grimace from him.

bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By bigalow
@Tesseract:
 It has been stated that apoc can give himself any power,even on marvel's own website on their charecter bios their are power charts and on them apoc comes out more powerful than magneto,apoc is a much scarier villian than mags and has alot more story to tell than the old,washed up mags.
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By bigalow
@Edamame:
It's been written he has this ability and it also explains why with every new writer the charecter has he can do something new.
bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By bigalow

It says it on websites about comic charecters when explaining apocs powers

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Freefa11
@bigalow said:
" It says it on websites about comic charecters when explaining apocs powers "
Websites can be wrong sometimes. I don't recall ever seeing Apocalypse spontaneously give himself new powers. The closest I can think of was "The 12" arc, but that wasn't spontaneous either, but the culmination of a ridiculously long and convoluted master plan to become god, and required ages of prep and tons of machinery, as well as actually capturing the people who's powers he wanted, which only worked because they were all conveniently acting like idiots at the time. 

If he could just spontaneously give himself all their powers anyway, then what was the point of that whole arc in the first place?