#1 Posted by Grandrakon (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Please don't rely on AoA this is the real deal.

#2 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto, probably.

#3 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto, for the most part. Depends on the writer.

#4 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a scan where Magneto tore Apocalypse apart, was that AoA? Bah, anyway unless the writer's make it so Nur can teleport/ make himself immune to Magneto's attacks that can tear him apart on a cellular level, I still say Mags.

#5 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that was AoA. Apocalypse's powers are vague enough that the writers can give him just about any ability and call it legit. Realistically Magneto should win with no trouble.

#6 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84598 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto would win

#8 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse.

#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84598 posts) - - Show Bio

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Apocalypse."

I'm changing my vote then.

#10 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
"Apocalypse."
I'm changing my vote then."
Go for it.
#11 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

'Pocky has the technoorganic virus, which makes him completely vulnerable to Mags.

#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84598 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"'Pocky has the technoorganic virus, which makes him completely vulnerable to Mags. "

Really?

#13 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. He's got that, plus his own technological enhancements to boost his powers. He's a sitting duck to Magneto.

And we know Magneto can work with the virus because he took apart the parts of Cable's body that were infected with it in Fatal Attractions, and he was able to manipulate Warlock (which his race, the Technarchy, is the source of the virus) and the infected Sym when he was with the New Mutants.
Post Edited:2008-01-14 02:23:41

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84598 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I guess we have a winner :P wonder why Magneto's never destroyed Apoc?

#15 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

In the 616? The only time Magneto encountered him was during the The Twelve arc, during which Magneto had burned out his powers during Magneto War (The Twelve was when Magneto discovered he could use Polaris to cover up for him) and at the same time, Apocalypse had appropriated a bunch of X-Men's powers and set the Living Monolith on a rampage. That's the only time they have run into each other.

The show down I am waiting for Magneto vs. Sinister (proviso Sinister somehow makes it out of the Messiah CompleX). Sinister organized the Mutant Massacre, which Magneto was with the X-Men during the recovery from that (Storm wouldn't let him go down into the tunnels, big mistake on her part). It was also recently revealed that Sinister had been active in the Holocaust camps, experimenting on prisoners attempting to catalyze the mutant gene (though since Magneto has never met Sinister, he may not have put that 2+2 together, though he would if he met him.)

So there is a reckoning waiting.
Post Edited:2008-01-14 02:38:33

#16 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84598 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be sweet, but Sinister looks kinda...................

#17 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead, yeah.

That's why I said, if he makes it out of the Messiah CompleX.

I just have a really hard time with Carey's writing, he keeps warping character to make the situations fit. Like Scott going off half cocked and sending out a hit squad to kill Cable. There is no way in hell Mystique should have been able to take him out like that. And for a villain that big to go out that anti-climatically.

Ah, Thppppbt.

My hope is that his death is so anti-climatic because he is isn't actually dead.

I know a lot of folks love Apocalypse for being bad *ss and all, but Sinister is waaay more dangerous and waaay more evil. And frankly, way more interesting.
Post Edited:2008-01-14 03:12:07

#18 Posted by kiwiacai (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pania: Hello. Yeah Magneto has complete control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum and Apocalypse has numerous and versatile mutant abilities and powers. If both are at full power could Apocalypse win? I think that Magneto won against Apoc. in the AOA because of "good guys always win."
#19 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto wins
#20 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Outside of AOA, I think Apoc takes a majority of their fights.
#21 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder: Apocalypse has complete control over his body on the cellular and molecular level, as does Mr. Sinister.  Magneto has complete control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum.  Magneto can neither manipulate Apocalypse, nor control his body. I don't see how Magneto can hurt Apocalypse at all. 

Sorry to mention AOA, but when they first fought, Apocalypse defeated Magneto (and Bishop was there too right?) rather quickly. The writes were insinuating to us readers that Apocalypse can defeat Magneto with ease.
#22 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya:
I have to disagree with your assessment.  I feel that the writers were establishing early that Magneto was weaker than he is normally depicted, and less inclined to use his powers.  When he finally does unleash himself it's to devastating effect.
Apocalypse and Magneto are both significantly more powerful than their AoA counterparts.  I don't know that Mags can kill him, at least not initially, but I think he can definitely defeat Apocalypse.  And he would find a way to kill him eventually.
#23 Posted by Racer_X (663 posts) - - Show Bio

im goin with mags

#24 Edited by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Well, how can Magneto defeat Apocalypse? Apocalypse has complete control over his body on the atomic, cellular and molecular level. Apocalypse's powers and abilities are too versatile. Furthermore, Apocalypse has a healing factor and has access to Celestial technology that Magneto might not know how to deal with.  Apocalypse is pretty much invulnerable and can also absorb energy, meaning he can absorb the electromagnetic energy from Magneto's attacks. Apocalypse shows no fatigue. Also, I do believe that Apocalypse is wiser and more intelligent than Magneto. Correct me if I am wrong though.    %Pr
#25 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

I had (have?) a comic where they fought and Mags got schooled.
#26 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio

If both are at full power, then Apocalypse wins.             %Pr

#27 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexander Anderson: No. Apocalypse wins. 
#28 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Alexander Anderson: No. Apocalypse wins.  "
No. AoA Magneto was even weakened when he tore Apoc apart. 616 Magneto would destroy him.
#29 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
Incorrect. Magneto defeated Apocalypse in the Age of Apocalypse storyline because good guys always win.  It is also possible that Apocalypse underestimated Magneto.

Apocalypse has complete control over his body on the atomic, cellular and molecular level. Apocalypse's powers and abilities are too versatile. Furthermore, Apocalypse has a healing factor and has access to Celestial technology that Magneto might not know how to deal with.  Apocalypse is pretty much invulnerable and can also absorb energy, meaning he can absorb the electromagnetic energy from Magneto's attacks. Apocalypse shows no fatigue. Also, I do believe that Apocalypse is wiser and more intelligent than Magneto. So how can Magneto win if both are at full power and both have full prep? Magneto can only defeat Apocalypse when Apocalypse is not at full power.  
#30 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

I just love this scan.  And it is 616 Magneto.  And again, these are the Neo.   They are the next step beyond mutants and have been equated to Externals (Apoc).  They all have multiple powers, usually including enhanced senses, speed, strength (30-100 ton), telepathy, telekinesis, and many more...  The two below were never fully explored, but one has most of the powers listed above and the other has speed, strength, metamorphic abilities, and more.  And presuming Apoc survives this Mags just opens a black hole in his head, or sucks him to the Earth's core, or anything any  of his myriad of other powers allows.

#31 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Apocalypse can teleport and is a telekinetic; this means that he can fly.
#32 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @yodagod: Apocalypse can teleport and is a telekinetic; this means that he can fly. "
As can Magneto.
#33 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: LOL. No Magneto can not teleport. Magneto also is not a telekinetic.
#34 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Lance Uppercut: LOL. No Magneto can not teleport. Magneto also is not a telekinetic. "
No, you said Apocalypse can fly. I was stating that Magneto could as well. Your second statement is also incorrect, as he is technically a telekinetic, but in the broadest sense of the term. He has manipulated more then just metal (plastics, ceramics, etc.)
#35 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: Yes. I know that. Magneto has complete control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum. One could say that Magneto is "technically" a telekinetic, yes. 
#36 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks:
Not just the electromagnetic spectrum, but also gravity control, radiation control, subatomic control, time-space control.  Magneto is far more versatile than Apoc, and he has only just begun to discover his abilities.  Apocalypse would be hard pressed to survive entombment in the molten metal of the Earth's core, or being thrown into the sun, or having his molecules dispersed on a subatomic scale into space, or being thrown into a black hole, or any of the other horrific things Mags can do.
#37 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags can just throw a table at him

#38 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Again, Apocalypse can teleport and can fly.  Apocalypse has complete control of his body on the atomic, cellular and molecular level. This control is much stronger than Sinister's. 
Apocalypse shows no fatigue. Magneto does. 
Apocalypse is also wiser and more intelligent than Magneto.  If both are at full power and both have full prep then Apocalypse wins after a really tough battle.
Apocalypse access to Celestial technology that Magneto might not know how to deal with.  Apocalypse is pretty much invulnerable and can also absorb energy, meaning he can absorb the electromagnetic energy from Magneto's attacks. 
#39 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jx4gz: LOL. The table.  That cracks me up.

Also does Magneto have complete control over the four fundamental forces of the universe?
#40 Posted by sevennames27 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:

"@cracks: Not just the electromagnetic spectrum, but also gravity control, radiation control, subatomic control, time-space control.  Magneto is far more versatile than Apoc, and he has only just begun to discover his abilities.  Apocalypse would be hard pressed to survive entombment in the molten metal of the Earth's core, or being thrown into the sun, or having his molecules dispersed on a subatomic scale into space, or being thrown into a black hole, or any of the other horrific things Mags can do. "

I can not believe there are people that still think Apocalypse would win.............    

#41 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@sevennames27: Really?
#42 Posted by sevennames27 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @sevennames27: Really? "

Yeah................
#43 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Jx4gz: LOL. The table.  That cracks me up.  Also does Magneto have complete control over the four fundamental forces of the universe? "

Very nearly. He doesn't yet know his potential, but he has shown control over the 4 fundamental forces on a planetary scale already.  That alone is enough to beat Apocalypse. According to Xavier, his potential is limitless and if he ever reached it he would be unstoppable. He seems to be the living embodiment of Einstein's Unified Field Theory.   
Feats he has shown include... creating volcanoes, tering people apart at a molecular level using the iron in their blood, tearing people apart at the subatomic level using their own magnetic field or the Earth's magnetic field, tearing people apart at a subatomic level by manipulating the electrons in their molecules, healing people, stopping the Earth's rotation, opening wormholes in space effectively bending space and time to his will, creating blackholes, boosted his own physical attributes to 100 class strength and durability.  Magneto is a genius. Magneto can fly with more control and speed than Apoc, and can do so in space. Apoc cannot.  There are few if any things that Magneto can't do.  He can manipulate light and radiation.  Elemental attacks made against him nearly always actually recharge him.  He has been shown affecting planetary forces for days at a time, so fatigue isn't likely to play much of a part.  With prep, Apoc could take him. Otherwise, no chance.
#44 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: If both are at full power and both have full prep, then Apocalypse wins. 
#45 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks:
Maybe, but only with prep.  Mags has more power, and more versatility and in general I'd say Mags should take a solid majority.  Right now Apoc is not a planetary threat without  technology and planning.  Magneto is a planetary threat at least, and that's only with his powers, not including prep, or tech which he has a natural knack for building.
#46 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Yep. Like I said, if both are at full power and both have full prep, then Apocalypse wins.  That is the only scenario in which Apocalypse wins.  
Some differences that I have noticed between the two: Apocalypse does not tire. Magneto does.  
Apocalypse is also wiser and more intelligent than Magneto. They both are very intelligent though, naturally. 
Apocalypse has access to Celestial technology that Magneto might not know how to deal with.
Apocalypse is pretty much invulnerable and can also absorb energy. Magneto can not.
#47 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Have we actually seen Magneto being able to display his complete control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum, gravity control, radiation control, subatomic control, time-space control, entombing someone in the molten metal of the Earth's core, throwing someone into the sun, having someone's molecules dispersed on a subatomic scale into space, throwing someone into a black hole.
#48 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:
" @cracks: Maybe, but only with prep.  Mags has more power, and more versatility and in general I'd say Mags should take a solid majority.  Right now Apoc is not a planetary threat without  technology and planning.  Magneto is a planetary threat at least, and that's only with his powers, not including prep, or tech which he has a natural knack for building. "
Bull.

Apocalypse has more versatility and better powers at his disposal than Magneto Apocalypse is much more powerful than Magneto period.

Without prep he would stop Magneto in his tracks.
#49 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse vs Magneto 
Apoc turns his arm into a mace but it is controlled by Mags and he hits himself instead. Apoc grows togiant size and grabs Mags throwing him into a wall. Magneto then makes Apoc a living magnet smothering him. 
WINNER-MAGNETO
#50 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanbeyond234: 
Apocalypse can teleport and can fly.  Apocalypse has complete control of his body on the atomic, cellular and molecular level. This control is much stronger than Sinister's. 
Apocalypse shows no fatigue. Magneto does. 
Apocalypse is also wiser and more intelligent than Magneto.  If both are at full power and both have full prep then Apocalypse wins after a really tough battle.
Apocalypse access to Celestial technology that Magneto might not know how to deal with.  Apocalypse is pretty much invulnerable and can also absorb energy, meaning he can absorb the electromagnetic energy from Magneto's attacks.