Apocalypse vs Annihilis

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lordraiden

Can the mighty Apocalypse take on the Negative Zone's might of Annihilis who caused the destructive Annihilation Wave? Battle is set in the ancient sands of Egypt!

vs

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

Yes. When it comes down to it, it a hand-to-hand or energy blast exchange, Apocalypse has more raw power. He has the added advantage of molecular manipulation of his own body. I don't see how Annihilus could harm him, really. Apocalypse is also a telepath/telekinetic... he has a LOT of powers.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Tevnoba
Korg said:
"Yes. When it comes down to it, it a hand-to-hand or energy blast exchange, Apocalypse has more raw power. He has the added advantage of molecular manipulation of his own body. I don't see how Annihilus could harm him, really. Apocalypse is also a telepath/telekinetic... he has a LOT of powers."
Don't count Annihilus out, with his cosmic containment rod he is a force to be reckoned with.  Honestly it could go either way IMO.  Raw power wise I actually have to say Annihilus has Apoc beat by a bit.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm not really sure about this one.I'm going to go with Apocalypse though.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Zoom

Not sure about Annihilus' powers right now.

The Annihilus I know never should have been able to kill Quasar.

As an aside, you'd have to be a mean parent to name your kid "Wendel."

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lordraiden

Hmmmm, it is a tough one! Apoc as he SHOULD be written, is a beast and powerfull, all jobbing and coffee table aside! But his best showings were years ago when he first came onto the scene and was taking on the original xfactor with Black Bolt and the In-humans and taking on BB's screams like nothing, has taken on the High Evo, Loki, but lost too many times to the xmen and low end showings! I think Annihilis could take him, he's no slouch in the power department, as stated, having taken on cosmic beings and starting his annihilation wave/war, doing what he did to Galactus/Surfer! Not to say Apoc doesn't have the power to take him on head on, just havn't seen anything from him recently/last number of years to show how good he is! He lost to the xmen (again) the last time we saw him and was trying run from the Celestials, i'd honestly like to see where he's at?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
lordraiden said:
"Hmmmm, it is a tough one! Apoc as he SHOULD be written, is a beast and powerfull, all jobbing and coffee table aside! But his best showings were years ago when he first came onto the scene and was taking on the original xfactor with Black Bolt and the In-humans and taking on BB's screams like nothing, has taken on the High Evo, Loki, but lost too many times to the xmen and low end showings! I think Annihilis could take him, he's no slouch in the power department, as stated, having taken on cosmic beings and starting his annihilation wave/war, doing what he did to Galactus/Surfer! Not to say Apoc doesn't have the power to take him on head on, just havn't seen anything from him recently/last number of years to show how good he is! He lost to the xmen (again) the last time we saw him and was trying run from the Celestials, i'd honestly like to see where he's at?"
You think Nova could have done to Apocalypse what he did to Annihilus?
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the creator

As Apocalypse can tap external power sources to increase his power level, can he tap the Cosmic Control Rod in this manner ?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordraiden
the creator said:
"As Apocalypse can tap external power sources to increase his power level, can he tap the Cosmic Control Rod in this manner ?"

If Annihilis is dimwitted enough to stand there and let him tap it! The cosmic rod is like Annihilis's power source, the only way Apoc is gonna tap that source is if Annihilis is dead!

Vance Astro
said:
"lordraiden said:
"Hmmmm, it is a tough one! Apoc as he SHOULD be written, is a beast and powerfull, all jobbing and coffee table aside! But his best showings were years ago when he first came onto the scene and was taking on the original xfactor with Black Bolt and the In-humans and taking on BB's screams like nothing, has taken on the High Evo, Loki, but lost too many times to the xmen and low end showings! I think Annihilis could take him, he's no slouch in the power department, as stated, having taken on cosmic beings and starting his annihilation wave/war, doing what he did to Galactus/Surfer! Not to say Apoc doesn't have the power to take him on head on, just havn't seen anything from him recently/last number of years to show how good he is! He lost to the xmen (again) the last time we saw him and was trying run from the Celestials, i'd honestly like to see where he's at?"
You think Nova could have done to Apocalypse what he did to Annihilus?"

Stick his hand down his throat and yank out his insides! Prob not Apoc, cause he's physically different to Annihilis, where as Annihilis wears that armour/suit to contain himself inside, which is why Ryder did what he did, he'd have to think of somethink else if he had hopes of defeating Apoc! The question is, can Apoc do what Annihilis did, annihilate whole galaxies, when he hasn't even been able to topple the xmen or take over the earth!
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

Interesting battle. Annihilis does well against those who utilize cosmic energies because of that rod. Depending on the source it's pretty well unlimited to what he could absorb.

Since I can't see a source for him to manipulate in this battle, I say Apoc wins.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Apocalypse wins in a tough fight
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
lordraiden said:
"the creator said:
"As Apocalypse can tap external power sources to increase his power level, can he tap the Cosmic Control Rod in this manner ?"

If Annihilis is dimwitted enough to stand there and let him tap it! The cosmic rod is like Annihilis's power source, the only way Apoc is gonna tap that source is if Annihilis is dead!

Vance Astro
said:
"lordraiden said:

Stick his hand down his throat and yank out his insides! Prob not Apoc, cause he's physically different to Annihilis, where as Annihilis wears that armour/suit to contain himself inside, which is why Ryder did what he did, he'd have to think of somethink else if he had hopes of defeating Apoc! The question is, can Apoc do what Annihilis did, annihilate whole galaxies, when he hasn't even been able to topple the xmen or take over the earth!"
I didn't mean exactly how he did it but I mean he took Annihilus out fairly easy....
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the creator
lordraiden said:
"the creator said:

Actually, considering how Annihilus attacks (usually with lots of energy blasts) Apoc might get all the energy he needs.

However, Annihilus can use the rod to control matter (altering molecular structures). Is his power greater than the control Apoc has over his own form ?
If it is then it is curtains for Apoc.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lordraiden
Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"the creator said:

Vance Astro
said:
"lordraiden said:

Stick his hand down his throat and yank out his insides! Prob not Apoc, cause he's physically different to Annihilis, where as Annihilis wears that armour/suit to contain himself inside, which is why Ryder did what he did, he'd have to think of somethink else if he had hopes of defeating Apoc! The question is, can Apoc do what Annihilis did, annihilate whole galaxies, when he hasn't even been able to topple the xmen or take over the earth!"
I didn't mean exactly how he did it but I mean he took Annihilus out fairly easy...."

Well, he didn't do it easily, remember Annihilis survived that onslaught that Galactus unleashed after he was freed that wiped out his fleet which only left him to survive, and then the quantum bands left him and went to Phyla as the new Quasar, so he was somewhat depleted and not at 100% when he took both Phy & Ryder on, so yeah, Rich did take him out at the end, but I wouldn't say easily and cause of his own power! So, how would Rich fair against someone like Apoc, well, if he can hang with cosmic beings, I would be surprised if he certainly can't hang with Apoc, let alone take him out!

the creator said:
"lordraiden said:
"the creator said:

Actually, considering how Annihilus attacks (usually with lots of energy blasts) Apoc might get all the energy he needs.

However, Annihilus can use the rod to control matter (altering molecular structures). Is his power greater than the control Apoc has over his own form ?
If it is then it is curtains for Apoc."

I don't know if Apoc is going to be absorbing cosmic/Negative Zone blasts/energy! Remember, as stated in the Annihilation mini's, Annihilis/Negative Zone is the equivilent in his negative zone/universe as Cosmic energy is on the marvel/cosmic side of the universe!  And yes, i'd say Annihilis and his rod>Apoc as far as matter/Molecular manipulation goes! Remember, his servants/heralds (whatever you wanna call them) were giving Galactus's heralds a good run, and SS was taking on his main herald/servent (forgot his name) untill SS got the upgrade and showed him up!
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeSAW

Apoc has an advantage in overall raw power but annihlus is more cosmically inclined and knows more about energy manipulation so he could get a slight edge.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the creator
lordraiden said:
I don't know if Apoc is going to be absorbing cosmic/Negative Zone blasts/energy! Remember, as stated in the Annihilation mini's, Annihilis/Negative Zone is the equivilent in his negative zone/universe as Cosmic energy is on the marvel/cosmic side of the universe!  And yes, i'd say Annihilis and his rod>Apoc as far as matter/Molecular manipulation goes! Remember, his servants/heralds (whatever you wanna call them) were giving Galactus's heralds a good run, and SS was taking on his main herald/servent (forgot his name) untill SS got the upgrade and showed him up!"
In all of nnihilus's appearance before Annihilation, the rod was only portrayed as a cosmic energy control rod, not a negative version of it.