Vs

Mercy Sparx:

Conditions:

• Morals On
  • Mercy has 1 day of prep
  • Aphrodite IV has Standard Gear but cannot use the Coin Of Soloman
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

#2 Posted by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercy may be good, but Aphrodite has gone toe to toe with some of the artifact bearers even before the Coin of Solomon. I'd back IV for this one.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (18757 posts) - - Show Bio

Great success! Also who is Aphrodite, she looks awesome? And what is she capable of?

#4 Edited by God_Spawn (37372 posts) - - Show Bio

I was ready for another Aphrodite IX thread. I finally caught up on the issues. Then I realized I don't know who Mercy Sparx is and it makes me sad.

#5 Edited by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Sorry to disappoint you...but this one is IV, not IX=(

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16150 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: She's a synthetic human. She has a healing factor, strength in around the 3-4ton level, enhanced speed and favors guns. She's kind of like an amped up version of Deadpool.

#7 Posted by God_Spawn (37372 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: I totally misread that then. Ok, I'll just watch!

#8 Edited by Strider92 (16150 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Awwww don't worry i'll make an Aphrodite IX thread later so you can use your new found knowledge! Although TBH there isn't much difference between IV and IX aside from the Coin Of Soloman which can't be used here.

#9 Posted by laflux (14304 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by God_Spawn (37372 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Great success! Also who is Aphrodite, she looks awesome? And what is she capable of?

Oye...stealthy assassin who is extremely durable (able to function with half her head blown off), strong enough to go hand to hand with Sara wielding the Witchblade (at least for a short period), self regenerating (not on Wolvie's level though, but pretty darn good and effective in combat), fast enough reflexes to tag Velocity from Cyberforce (pre-Rebirth), expert marksman and skilled with firearms, and so on.

I'll try and give you some actual feats later, since it is hard to make a call based off of just that, but physically, she should be able to contend with Mercy.

Regardless, the one being used is an earlier version of the Aphrodite series, but if you like the character design, check out the latest Cyberforce comics (first 5 are free on comixology thanks to a kickstart thing). Also, you can find her featured heavily in various Top Cow stories leading up to the Rebirth event (the pic Strider92 used is from where she offs Sara's sister and takes Hope -- awesome story and gut wrenching scene). Also, you can read the adventures of Aprodite IX in two miniseries by Top Cow. All good stuff, especially if you like tough, kick arse female leads.

IV and IX are hawt though....

#12 Posted by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, it is an easy oversight to make...though now that you are caught up on IX...there really is no reason you can't read some stuff with IV in it...

#13 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8741 posts) - - Show Bio

Aphrodite wins

#14 Edited by Strider92 (16150 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

@joygirl said:

Oye...stealthy assassin who is extremely durable (able to function with half her head blown off), strong enough to go hand to hand with Sara wielding the Witchblade (at least for a short period), self regenerating (not on Wolvie's level though, but pretty darn good and effective in combat), fast enough reflexes to tag Velocity from Cyberforce (pre-Rebirth), expert marksman and skilled with firearms, and so on.

I'll try and give you some actual feats later, since it is hard to make a call based off of just that, but physically, she should be able to contend with Mercy.

Regardless, the one being used is an earlier version of the Aphrodite series, but if you like the character design, check out the latest Cyberforce comics (first 5 are free on comixology thanks to a kickstart thing). Also, you can find her featured heavily in various Top Cow stories leading up to the Rebirth event (the pic Strider92 used is from where she offs Sara's sister and takes Hope -- awesome story and gut wrenching scene). Also, you can read the adventures of Aprodite IX in two miniseries by Top Cow. All good stuff, especially if you like tough, kick arse female leads.

IV and IX are hawt though....

lol my favorite Aphrodite moment was from Cyberforce!

How to enter like a Boss!

#15 Edited by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Yeah, I love how she is portrayed in the new series, though I have to show the next panel from what you showed...she is just pure awesome:

Just that mild look of concern one might give to a broken nail, and then right back into the action=)

And another good moment:

#16 Posted by Joygirl (18757 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by dondave (34641 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Didn't she appear in the third volume?

#20 Posted by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

I have to go back and refresh my memory on the actual appearances, but I do believe she had around two appearances in the '06 series. She is more of a prominent character in volume 4.

#21 Edited by dondave (34641 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Isn't the Aphrodite in the latest Cyber Force volume V rather IV?

#22 Posted by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Alright, just reviewed the appearances, and she get's a scant few panels, and really doesn't do much. Although I had completely forgotten about that=)

#23 Edited by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@wyldsong: Isn't the Aphrodite the latest Cyber Force volume V rather IV?

Well, with that big roman numeral V on her arm, you are probably right. To be honest, that never really registered to my brain until just now, good catch=)

Though, due to the rebirth storyline, this could be the same as the pre-Rebirth IV, just changed up to model V after Jackie changed the universe. Then again, maybe not=)

Debate wise though, V hasn't really done anything that IV already couldn't accomplish.