AoU Spoilers! - Thor might be able to take MOS now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vivide

Spoilers - don't moan about it, you peep on your own will

citybuster confirmed
citybuster confirmed

Provided that he can tag the man of steel

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MasterKungFu

@vivide: it's not as easy as it looks

notice that he had to summon lightning too and it wasn't just some regular swing......he had to hit really hard and it surely isn't a super speedy attack either

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes has no great reaction time or reflexes or combat speed so he can tag him. He just has good flying speed.

It doesn't take long for Thor to generate lightning, it is pretty instantaneous

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deaditegonzo

PLEASE, PLEASE believe me when I say I dont want to be a part of this debate. I havent seen AoU, I cant make a fair analysis. Disclaimer complete.

@jayc1324 said:

Supes has no great reaction time or reflexes or combat speed so he can tag him. He just has good flying speed.

Are you saying you have reason to believe he cannot move like Faora? He did react to her and Nam-Ek pretty well in their brawl. Also, he did react to the automatic gunfire from the jets and he caught the helicopter pilot. He definitely seems faster than any hero i've seen so far in Marvel. And Faora is roughly as fast as DoFP Quicksilver based on "feats" (using the term loosely here), unless he's slower than her for some reason, I disagree.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cool as long as the movie is good, t's kinda funny MCU Thor is a higher tier buster than some Comic powerhouses

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: if you havent, do watch it

its nice

Scarl is bae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: My reason to believe that would be because he didn't move like her. If he could then why didn't he? Not all kryptonians are the same speed it seems.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to see this movie...

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@deaditegonzo: My reason to believe that would be because he didn't move like her. If he could then why didn't he? Not all kryptonians are the same speed it seems.

For one thing, when did it really come up other than when he was tangling with Kryptonians? They all seemed roughly equal while tangling with eachother, and we didnt necessarily see their fights from a human perspective. In the same vein, restructure your question and the question becomes: If he was significantly slower, why didnt she blitz the crap out of him?

But I think more important than all that is the fact it was a very symbolic film. And I thought the film showed that Clark was just really inexperienced at using his powers, really frightened by his powers, and not at all effective as a combatant. It is the strangest point of contention about the film to me, the fact that so many people seem to argue Kal should have been better at super hero-ing after one day with his space dad. I thought the point was that he had only just begun his real journey. I mean, Supes didnt even know he could fly, and Zod said it himself: "Where did you train? A farm?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: If you remember, Faora was beating Clark pretty badly. She was faster and more skilled. He didn't use his speed so well then. He doesn't have great combat speed, he can't punch or kick any faster than Thor.

Until we see more we can only go by what we have seen. And it makes sense that not all kryptonians have the exact same physical capabilities. They probably want to let flash handle the fast punching and leave strength and durability to superman.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC Thor and Iron Man did that attack together, and they hit a huge vibranium thingy as well, and I thought they caused that to explode, which exploded the city with the blast.

but I could be wrong, that's just what I gathered from it

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Iron Man and Thor made the Vibranium explode, not the city itself

Tectonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not an entire city he busted, looked like a large town to me.

Before people get butt hurt, no, this does not mean I don't think he can't beat MOS since I still haven't watched the movie, so shut it.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deaditegonzo

@jayc1324 said:

@deaditegonzo: If you remember, Faora was beating Clark pretty badly. She was faster and more skilled. He didn't use his speed so well then. He doesn't have great combat speed, he can't punch or kick any faster than Thor.

Until we see more we can only go by what we have seen. And it makes sense that not all kryptonians have the exact same physical capabilities. They probably want to let flash handle the fast punching and leave strength and durability to superman.

He was fast enough to hold his own against Faora and Nam-Ek. I think she seemed significantly more skilled but her physicals didn't seem any better.

Movie Thor (once again haven't seen AoU) seemed incredibly slow and clunky, and not terribly strong either.

Akin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akin

Thor slaughters. The dude completely obliterated a continental size landmass like it was nothing. I don't see how any of the krptonians could beat him at this point, to be honest.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mije_101

@akin: lol not even close to continental size.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: @vivide: @mije_101: @akin: Thor didn't obliterated that city. The city would have self destructed if the vibranium was not keeping it together,so Thor just destroyed the the central command that held it all together.
Gravity did the rest.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: How's QS?

no spoilers, just how felt about his powers/ action scenes

Phantom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why on earth would come on to a thread that explicitly says "spoilers" and then asked not to be spoiled. I am ripping my hair trying to understand that trail of thought

@cgoodness: @vivide: @mije_101: @akin: Thor didn't obliterated that city. The city would have self destructed if the vibranium was not keeping it together,so Thor just destroyed the the central command that held it all together.

Gravity did the rest.

Yes, he did. This has already been explained

This has been explained countless time by other viners

"Friday says to Tony, the vibranium core has a magnetic field, keeping the City together. If Thor/Tony just deactivated the core, Friday states the city would simply fall apart, still leading to a massive deathtoll. An alternative is presented where Thor's power is used to vaporize the entire city AFTER Tony creates a heat seal that prevents Thors power from escaping the city and destroying the nearby helicarrier, meaning his power doubles back up. The core and engines are not destroyed, as you see them falling intact among the wreckage. So it is in fact Thors power that vaporizes the city"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power said:

Why on earth would come on to a thread that explicitly says "spoilers" and then asked not to be spoiled. I am ripping my hair trying to understand that trail of thought

@matchesmalone21 said:

Gravity did the rest.

Yes, he did. This has already been explained

This has been explained countless time by other viners

"Friday says to Tony, the vibranium core has a magnetic field, keeping the City together. If Thor/Tony just deactivated the core, Friday states the city would simply fall apart, still leading to a massive deathtoll. An alternative is presented where Thor's power is used to vaporize the entire city AFTER Tony creates a heat seal that prevents Thors power from escaping the city and destroying the nearby helicarrier, meaning his power doubles back up. The core and engines are not destroyed, as you see them falling intact among the wreckage. So it is in fact Thors power that vaporizes the city"

You can keep saying to yourself .....You're opinion,but my opinion remains the same....unless you bring serious proof besides boring and repetitive statement

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom16: because the person I asked didn't give spoilers, and since he saw the movie, I simply wanted his opinion on something.

I avoided the spoilers in this thread, so chill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: What proof do you need? Thor hit the core and the city went boom. Its really as simple as that. You can literally see the shockwaves from his hammer strike decimating all of the buildings and everything. Gravity doesn't vaporize a city. The power from his strike was sent through the core and throughout the entire land mass, destroying it completely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Just wait until you see AoU then. I'm sure your opinion will change at least a little bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@matchesmalone21: What proof do you need? Thor hit the core and the city went boom. Its really as simple as that. You can literally see the shockwaves from his hammer strike decimating all of the buildings and everything.

The city would self destruct anyway......

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deaditegonzo

@jayc1324 said:

@deaditegonzo: Just wait until you see AoU then. I'm sure your opinion will change at least a little bit

Frankly, I am super excited that now DC isnt the only company willing to show their heavy hitters closer to their comic book levels. Maybe someday, both companies will have enough faith in their audiences to show the really ridiculous feats.

Does this movie address how Cap, BW, and Hawkeye are capable of helping/ hanging when the threat can take on the likes of Thor, Iron Man, Hulk? Because that was always one of the things that really weakened Thor in Phase 1. Seeing Cap and BW and Hawkeye killing Chitauri by the dozens, and then seeing them overwhelm Hulk really gave the impression that all heavy hitters are high street level at best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: BW and Hawkeye help in other ways, not fighting ultron. The army of little ultron bots is very weak though, Maria Hill killed one.

Ultron is really strong though and only the heavy hitters are used to defeat him.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The explosion was a chain reaction that was caused by the combine efforts of Iron man and Thor.

However MCU fanboys have blinders on when it comes to specifics

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33 JediXMan  Moderator

This isn't a battle, and we already have MCU Thor vs MoS Superman battles.