@leo-343: :( I'm so sad they just wrote Hulk out of all upcoming MCU films

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@leo-343 said:

Nothing's changed. If anything Hulk was more impressive in the first Avengers film. Faora wins.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7 thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: didn't he have a skyscraper dropped on him and was fine?

And a planet hulk film is unlikely, especially in the near future. Marvel are having trouble with the rights of a solo hulk film, are unsure if one will make enough money (due to the last two being terrible) and IIRC want hulk to be an avengers character, that is mainly in those films.

Then again they could probably do a spin of planet hulk if they were to let him join the guardians of the Galaxy.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: that was because scarlet witch stopped controlling him/making him angry. He was confused and had no idea what was going on, so tony took the chance to sucker punch him.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: it kinda does seeing as hulks powers work based on anger. If he isn't angry and has no reason to fight then his durability will be nothing compared to what it normally is.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

hulk did very little in aou unfortunately....

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hulkage

@leo-343: Hulk was clearly winning most of that fight, though that may be accredited to Tony trying to protect civilians

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora wins. All Hulk did was beat up Hydra agents, get destroyed by Ironman & beat up Ultron fodders. -_-

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Nothing's changed. If anything Hulk was more impressive in the first Avengers film. Faora wins.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: I feel like Iron Man was weathering Hulk, not beating him. I got the impression that Iron Man was throwing his best and Hulk just kept coming. The problem is the end wasn't conclusive. We can all speculate on how it MIGHT have ended had Hulk not calmed down, but in the end that's just us guessing.

As for the fight, hard to call. Hulk has better durability and striking feats, but Faora is so fast and definitely no slouch in those departments as well. Personally, I think she has the best chance out of anyone to put him down, as her unique combination of strength and speed giver her a nice counter. Hulks tanking of Iron Mans turbo fist throws a wrench in that though, as she would aim for something similar, yet less effective, and that was shown to only increase Hulks rage. As I said, hard to call, but i'm leaning toward Faora.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: By dominating most of the fight you mean he had to replace his destroyed arm once and had to finish the fight quickly at the end because his systems where failing? He even tried to repair himself again but Hulk destroyed those parts that tried to replace the broken ones. In the entire fight HB didn't do anything to the Hulk his fist slamming into Hulk dozens of times repeatedly did nothing and Hulk just grabbed it and stopped it and his first sucker punch just made Hulk spit out his tooth and have Tony crap his pants. In fact if it wasn't for Tony's spare parts he literally would have lost to Hulk quite early on i thought this was pretty clear.

Hulk breaking out of SW mind control definitely had an impact on his overall strength and durability since he calmed down considerably and felt sorry for the people involved in the collateral damage, which just helped Tony end it with a sucker punch, something that literally failed just a minute before.

And yes Hulk in MCU get's stronger the angrier he get's, this was clearly seen as he physically overpowered Abomination who was physically superior in the beginning. Hulk might have not done any real impressive feats in AOU but him causing an earthquake around an entire city block that even had cars literally jump and people to fall on their asses is still a more impressive strength feat than anything anyone else has done in MCU or DCCU.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: I just think the way it was going down Hulk seemed the better for it. Tony kept having to lock Hulk or impede, all of which Hulk broke free of to damage and Tony avoided a lot of Hulk's attacks by BFR'ing or locking him down. I think looking at the fight as an isolated thing, yeah Tony was "winning" in that he was controlling it, but Hulk seemed the more powerfull combatant and IMo would have won uninterrupted. Tony was seeking to replace the Hulkbuster suit when Hulk knocked it back and prevented him from doing so.

Phantom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage said:

@leo-343: Hulk was clearly winning most of that fight, though that may be accredited to Tony trying to protect civilians

Wait, whaaaaat!?

No Caption Provided

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom16: How about you show what happens later? When Hulk just grabs the arm and stops it showing that all those hits literally had no effect on him. LOL that instance helps Hulks case more seeing as a barrage of hits doesn't do anything to him, it helps him against MOS characters even more.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

Hulk.

Also, Tony wasn't going to win that fight in my opinion, he was delaying the inevitable and hoping he could calm him down, his suit was repeatedly wrecked by the Hulk.

One of these:

No Caption Provided

and Faora's suit is f*cked.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: You mean when he calmed down? How about the sucker punch before that, the one that broke his tooth but did nothing else? You didn't answer my first post to you, how was HB dominating Hulk when he had to repair a couple of times and did no damage to him except for 1 broken tooth while he himself lost an entire arm, dozens of other parts from his armor and had his systems failing near the end?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

Also, Tony wasn't going to win that fight in my opinion, he was delaying the inevitable and hoping he could calm him down, his suit was repeatedly wrecked by the Hulk.

One of these:

No Caption Provided

Arguable. Superman did a full blown sucker punch to down her suit. Then she needed to be hit by a cruise missile before being knocked out.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c2439784
deactivated-57d17c2439784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

One of these:

No Caption Provided

Faora could take a nap, read a book and have some tea before Hulk lands a punch like that, ok I'm exaggerating but I really don't see Hulk tagging her, like ever

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@monsterstomp: In fairness, I think I can safely say that Hulk's sheer striking power is superior to MoS' and a cruise missile. I can't see her taking a few good smacks from him. If the OP were her vs Hulk after having adapted to the atmosphere it would have been better.

@longman: Hulk has pretty decent reaction time:

No Caption Provided

Combined with the large size and reach advantage, he's going to hit her imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c2439784
deactivated-57d17c2439784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: In fairness, I think I can safely say that Hulk's sheer striking power is superior to MoS' and a cruise missile. I can't see her taking a few good smacks from him. If the OP were her vs Hulk after having adapted to the atmosphere it would have been better.

@longman: Hulk has pretty decent reaction time:

No Caption Provided

Combined with the large size and reach advantage, he's going to hit her imo.

But this is AOU Hulk aka movie Hulk, whatever comic Hulk has done doesn't count, movie Hulk doesn't have any speed feats worth mentioning here

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@longman: That is canon to the MCU. He also fought on par with Abom who replicated that feat.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Superman's best striking feat tops Hulk's by a large margin, in my opinion. Clark was weak and flew against a gravity field when one-shotting a massive engine.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@monsterstomp said:

@rogueshadow: Superman's best striking feat tops Hulk's by a large margin, in my opinion. Clark was weak and flew against a gravity field when one-shotting a massive engine.

Eh... I see that as a flying/durability feat, not striking.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Well he attacked Faora the same way when he suckered her, so its a valid feat to point out.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@monsterstomp said:

Well he attacked Faora the same way when he suckered her, so its a valid feat to point out.

Agreed. But doesn't he fly at her chest when he bullrushes her? It was the helmet that was vulnerable.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@rogueshadow said:

@monsterstomp said:

Agreed. But doesn't he fly at her chest when he bullrushes her? It was the helmet that was vulnerable.

Hard to say. Regardless of where he hit her, her helmet was failing anyway.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

@monsterstomp said:

@rogueshadow said:

@monsterstomp said:

Hard to say. Regardless of where he hit her, her helmet was failing anyway.

He basically slams her head into the ground.

Hulk also showed that he could definitely be decisively KO'd in AoU, which is a bad thing. Especially considering that KO was mostly because Hulk got blindsided not because the Hulkbuster's striking was absolutely insane.

I was actually pretty annoyed with that. We're in a Marvel Universe where THE HULK can be KO'd by Iron Man...

I'd say post AoU, Faora has a better chance than before... but still probably loses a large majority.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: It's not that surprising Avengers movies treat Iron Man as the main star of the show, the KO happened because Hulk calmed down considerably. He already blindsided Hulk just a minute before that and it only broke his tooth. So Hulk breaking out of mind control had a significant impact on the fight itself and with that said i don't see how that plays any significance in this fight let alone give Faora a better chance unless Hulk randomly calms down in the middle of the fight forgets about her and turns his focus somewhere else.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Hulkbuster was destroyed there u times in the fight. Only reason it continued was because of Tony's prep and extra parts. Also Hulk's best feats come when he is under control, he was uncontrolled due to Wanda's tampering. He still was kicking Tony's ass.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That fight just showed how durable the hulk really is. When he is enraged you can't put him down. Stark was not going to last much longer if the hulk hadn't have calmed down. Faora was taken down by a missile the hulk damage soak blows her out of the water. What could she do to him?

Phantom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora gets one shotted. Her feats pale in comparison.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Yes he was, he was literally tearing his suit apart that's the definition of kicking his ass. You can't just ignore that Iron Man had to repair his suit several times, if it wasn't for his spare parts he would have literally lost the fight near the very beginning when Hulk destroyed his arm. Hell if Hulk only aimed a few inches to the right he would have speared Tony himself and killed him on the spot.

Of course there is a indication Hulks durability decreased just a moment before Hulk took a full body sucker punch from Stark and it only resulted in a broken tooth, the sucker punch he did later that knocked out Hulk pales in comparison but it knocked him out because he obviously calmed down considerably and had just broken out of SW influence. He was not just confused, look at the scene properly and look at Hulks sad facial expressions and the obvious sad music, it was conveying how Hulk felt sorry for the people involved in the destruction.

Listen to me here, you have done nothing but convey your own false narrative throughout this thread and no matter how many times i shut it down you just ignore my points, don't respond to them and keep continuing with your false narrative.

What kind of logic is that? Colossus just won against a powered up Juggernaut that withstood even Cytorak himself so i guess Colossus is stronger and the dominant one? Let's just ignore the circumstances which lead to him defeating Juggs.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

Hmmm...

Faora wins 6/10.

Hulk is much more durable and his striking is leagues above, but she's the only kryptonian that has shown super speed, so that gives her the edge.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree these are facts i am stating.

• Hulk early on took out Starks arm if it where not for spare parts the fight would have ended there and if Hulk aimed at his back or head it would have killed Tony - FACT.
  • Tony delivered dozens of turbo blows to Hulks face with NO effect, he also delivered a devastating sucker punch that only made Hulk spit out one of his teeth - FACT.
  • Hulk was tearing out parts of HB and Starks systems where failing near the end which made him try to get a whole new HB suit that Hulk just oneshoted with the back of his hand - FACT.
  • Stark only took him out once Hulk broke out of SW control, calmed down and literally forgot about him, so Tony blindsided him with a sucker punch - FACT.

So stop spouting the nonsense of HB dominating the fight... you might as well say the Black Knight dominated this fight

Loading Video...

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: cmon man, AE is right here.

Phantom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Phantom16

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom16: LOL, you keep posting something that had no effect on Hulk and that he literally stopped with one of his hands, thanks for the durability feat and proving my point though.